PDA

View Full Version : VIKES-COWBOYS TRADE?

arialassault84
08-28-2005, 06:21 PM
I read that the Cowboys and Jags trade, The Boys get Jose Cortez from Jags for a 7th rounder, was nulified because Cortez failed physical. I predict that Elling to the Boys for a 6th rounder.

happy camper
08-28-2005, 06:23 PM
the coyboys traded for cortez?

how bad does thier kicking situation have to be to trade for cortez?

purplepat
08-28-2005, 06:30 PM
"arialassault84" wrote:

I read that the Cowboys and Jags trade, The Boys get Jose Cortez from Jags for a 7th rounder, was nulified because Cortez failed physical. I predict that Elling to the Boys for a 6th rounder.

Incorrect. Cowboys made trade with Jags for Seth Marler, who was coming off an injury. Marler failed his physical, trade voided.

Cortez is the Cowboys current kicker. Yuk.

Lest we forget, Elling is also damaged goods who couldn't answer the bell on Friday. Considering there aren't many teams out there who are really needing a kicker, I'd guess the Cowboys will wait and see who gets cut out there and just picks them up off waivers.

Ltrey33
08-28-2005, 06:55 PM
"purplepat" wrote:

"arialassault84" wrote:

Incorrect. Cowboys made trade with Jags for Seth Marler, who was coming off an injury. Marler failed his physical, trade voided.

Cortez is the Cowboys current kicker. Yuk.

Lest we forget, Elling is also damaged goods who couldn't answer the bell on Friday. Considering there aren't many teams out there who are really needing a kicker, I'd guess the Cowboys will wait and see who gets cut out there and just picks them up off waivers.

I agree, they might be able to get Elling off of waivers anyway with the game Edinger had the other night.

Lotza
08-28-2005, 07:43 PM
all i know is that edinger is our man

ranasrule
08-28-2005, 10:00 PM
trade elling for julius jones :)

ShanePurpleBlood
08-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Cowboys will be able to pick him up off waivers. He can battle Cortez for best sucky ex-Viking's kicker!