PDA

View Full Version : Vikings vs. Giants

mosstified
03-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Just curious,was anyone at the Giants vs. Vikings debacle in 2000? Why do you think we have such a difficult time with the Giants who should not be that huge of a threat? I was at the game and all of the New Yorkers I talked to expected us to totally dominate. Do you think this jinx with the Giants is going to continue for us?

amavikesfan
03-25-2004, 09:36 PM
the giants curse will continue only until it ends...lol[Beer] ok, old dad needs a beer

dan3ski
03-26-2004, 12:00 AM
I think the Giants remember being knocked out of the playoffs several times by the Vikings.

Onterrio32
03-26-2004, 12:34 AM
The Vikes always play the Giants every season....but the game is always in Minnesota....wish it was in East Rutherford so I could actually go to it....(Live in NY)..

hawaiianvike21
03-26-2004, 03:51 AM
What are you talking about, we beat the giants in 2001 on monday night football. The past two season we just havent been able to beat them and capitalize on their mistakes.
The debacle thing in 2000 is a whole different story that many people dont believe.

vikingman1971
03-26-2004, 08:05 AM
I am not a proponent of conspiricy theroy's but does anyone remember hearing after that came some comment made about how the Giants were tapped into the vikes frequency?? I though I remembered hearing that. Does anyone else?

DoyleRulz84
03-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Yea i heard that too. It makes sense because how else could the giants shut out the best offense in the NFL that year.

hawaiianvike21
03-26-2004, 04:12 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vikingman1971

I am not a proponent of conspiricy theroy's but does anyone remember hearing after that came some comment made about how the Giants were tapped into the vikes frequency?? I though I remembered hearing that. Does anyone else?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yep thats what im talking about but i dont really bother telling it over and over if no one really cares or believes in it. But thats what i think what happened that day.

purplehorn
03-26-2004, 04:16 PM
The bastards cheated and got away with it, their day is comming.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-26-2004, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I believe that it happened. Who knows what could have happened if they hadn't, we could have still lost, but there is no way in hell that they could have stopped that offense on EVERY play... they made us look like a high school team playin with the big boys.

chubchub
03-26-2004, 07:20 PM
What everyone seems to forget is that we went into the playoffs on a down note. We lost 3 out of our last 4 games to lose home field advantage. We just weren't clicking. It doesn't matter if they knew what we were doing-if we executed they shouldn't have been able to stop us.There's no curse.

sitandbehitski
03-26-2004, 08:05 PM
We lost those 3 out of 4 games because Bubby Brister was in at QB thanks to an injured Daunte, not because "we weren't clicking."

chubchub
03-26-2004, 08:14 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by sitandbehitski

We lost those 3 out of 4 games because Bubby Brister was in at QB thanks to an injured Daunte, not because "we weren't clicking."
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Bubby Brister didn't start any games for the vikes in 2000.
As a matter of fact he only had 20 total pass attempts for the season. Get your facts straight before you say something stupid!

chubchub
03-26-2004, 10:23 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by chubchub

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by sitandbehitski

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Bubby Brister didn't start any games for the vikes in 2000.
As a matter of fact he only had 20 total pass attempts for the season. Get your facts straight before you say something stupid!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">sitandbe$hitski- I'm waiting

Deleted_User_2360
03-26-2004, 11:30 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by chubchub

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">sitandbe$hitski- I'm waiting

ChubChub,

How can you have 3 posts in a row and all 3 be
numbered "52". Did Webby freeze your post count?
SSSS HAAA, SSSS HAAA!

ItalianStallion
03-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Buck, in case you didn't know, it gets updated everytime you post. If you look at all of your postings they all have the same post count etc. It has nothing to do with webby freezing your account. Maybe you were joking, it is hard to tell.

LosAngelis
03-27-2004, 01:12 PM

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by buck

ChubChub,

SSSS HAAA, SSSS HAAA!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Hey Buck- Webby's taking a dump-it'll be updated soon. You forgot to put the horns over ypur head!!

Too bad Webby doesn't require us to input our IQ's in order to post.

04-09-2004, 09:04 PM
I think the giants tapped into our frequency is what i heard...

04-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Hey i think the giants will be without Kerry Collins next year. The only way the giants can beat us is if we kick ourselves in the foot. If we don't we will beat them.

P.S. anyone remember that 49ers game in the playoffs when the Giants blew like a 38-7 lead. Haha what a bunch of frauds.

briboy75
04-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Kerry Collins is not that great

briboy75
04-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Why do we play the Giants every year? How is it determined who we play every year (outside our division)?

amavikesfan
04-10-2004, 09:10 PM
it's determined by your rankings in division, and rankings of other teams in their divisions. then they rotate division vs. division each year. plus a couple of games the league just thinks will be cool.

04-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Speaking of that i just seen at least three Giant fans on this board when you sign in. I dont think a viking fan would name themselves shockeyis1 or nyg5680 Or maybe its an nfl fan who knows

04-11-2004, 03:35 PM
I found out why everyone vikes84 is at the Giants board telling all of the Giant fans to come here... Everyone go to the gmen board and let them know what a troll this vikes84 really is. Tgose ram fans told me he said this.

Webby
04-11-2004, 08:19 PM
because buck is a moron and has little ability to understand sequential numbering or by reviewing simple evidence in fact. He's a little Bush in the womb.

In fact, I am sure him and his adolescent cohorts are behind the other stupidity at other boards. [ba]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by buck

ChubChub,

SSSS HAAA, SSSS HAAA!

04-11-2004, 09:57 PM
We cheated wow this is funny man... Yes the curse will continue.

SuperGonzo
04-11-2004, 11:03 PM
I wonder if the Niners had the Giants' communications tapped when the Giants blew that 24-point lead to the Niners. Do you suppose they did?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20030105_NYG@SF

Say what you will about the Vikings, but when they get ahead by 24 points, they usually tend to stay there.

Now could you run along and do us a favor. . .you know, like die?

[rip]Gmen1

Now go running back to your crappy little message board, cry that the big bad Viking fans are talking smack about your team, and debate which future bust your team is going to take with the #4 overall pick in the draft.

Frozen Tundran
04-11-2004, 11:07 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gmen1

We cheated wow this is funny man... Yes the curse will continue.

What curse? The one that says if the Giants have to play an important game against the Packers we better just order our championship paraphenalia early? How many times have the Packers humiliated the Giants when it really counted? The Packers have the most Championships, and the Giants have lost more Championsip games than any other team--many at our gain.

Yah, that's right....the Giants are more prolific chokers than the Vikes. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

BTW, G-Man, how'd that 2000 Super Bowl you got to go again? I know it broke my dying father's heart. He was cursed as a Giant fan his entire life, born in upstate New York where the Giants used to go on vacation. His mother served Sam Huff, Frank Gifford and YA Tittle at her restaurant.

His face would turn beet red whenever you said 'Herman Edwards' or 'Joe Pisarsik' in his presense. Would you care to explain to all these nice Vikings fans why that might be? ;-)

SuperGonzo
04-11-2004, 11:16 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Frozen Tundran

What curse? The one that says if the Giants have to play an important game against the Packers we better just order our championship paraphenalia early? How many times have the Packers humiliated the Giants when it really counted? The Packers have the most Championships, and the Giants have lost more Championsip games than any other team--many at our gain.

Yah, that's right....the Giants are more prolific chokers than the Vikes. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

BTW, G-Man, how'd that 2000 Super Bowl you got to go again? I know it broke my dying father's heart. He was cursed as a Giant fan his entire life, born in upstate New York where the Giants used to go on vacation. His mother served Sam Huff, Frank Gifford and YA Tittle at her restaurant.

His face would turn beet red whenever you said 'Herman Edwards' or 'Joe Pisarsik' in his presense. Would you care to explain to all these nice Vikings fans why that might be? ;-)
Hahahahahahahaha yes.

MIRACLE AT THE MEADOWLANDS~~~~!

One of the funniest freaking moments in NFL history. . .and the laugh comes at the expense of the New York Giants.

Of course, my guess is that GMen has only been a Giants fan since. . .oh. . .January of 2000, so he might not remember that far back.

NeoVikesTX
04-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Vikings and Packers fans uniting to humilate Giants fans! I have some respect for you now FrozenTundran! I really don't think this Gmen1 is over 13 years old anyway, he hasn't said one meaningful thing since he's been here. I'm sure he will be gone soon. He is probably still bitter about the debacle of the 2000 Superbowl against the Ravens.

amavikesfan
04-11-2004, 11:40 PM
thanks f.t. i was getting tired of this dude. see the other thread to get my drift. i know you still hate the vikes, and the feeling is likewise, but the black and blue division still has to stand tall

vikings_fan66
04-11-2004, 11:57 PM
u suck g-men u went 4-12

VikemanX84
04-12-2004, 12:17 AM

What everyone seems to forget is that we went into the playoffs on a down note. We lost 3 out of our last 4 games to lose home field advantage. We just weren't clicking. It doesn't matter if they knew what we were doing-if we executed they shouldn't have been able to stop us.There's no curse.

Did you happen to catch teh Saints game the week before the NFC Championship game. The one where we wasted them putting up 40-some points? Not clicking before the Giants, ay? Idiot....

Mossville
04-12-2004, 08:59 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VikemanX84

Did you happen to catch teh Saints game the week before the NFC Championship game. The one where we wasted them putting up 40-some points? Not clicking before the Giants, ay? Idiot....
Actually Idiot we werent clicking before the championship game. After an 7 - 1 start (im not sure if thats exactly accurate) and finishing 11 - 5 and looking awful in the process...like we did this past year shows teams were catching on to our flaws.

So what your saying is that since we killed the saints that year, we were clicking as a team. Thats a bunch of horse s**t. I wouldnt say since we put up 40+ points against the Chiefs this year we were clicking. I knew we would be one and done if we made the playoffs. Jack Ass........

LosAngelis
04-12-2004, 10:39 AM
I may be a Packer fan, and a Viking hater, but above both, I would say I am a completely Troll Hater, no matter the affiliation of the Troll.

Gman, if Vike84 jumped off a cliff, would you jump off a cliff, too?

crookshanks
04-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Somebody came over on the Giants message board and said you were blasting us. Then he proceded to get into a fight with an Eagles fan - pretty funny.

Anyway, I certainly understand why you'd be frustrated at losing to us. Frankly, its somewhat surprising that we keep having such success against you. Most years we struggle to beat the Cardinals.

As for your team, they need to figure out a way to avoid the late season collapses. As a Giants fan its frustrating watching the Gmen almost always play to the level of the opponent. I imagine as a Vikings fan its probably even more frustrating watching your team take the second half of the season off.

triedandtruevikesfan
04-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Yes it is, very frustrating. Another thing that is frustrating is the idiots that come on here, make stupid comments and can't back them up. Its unfortunate that we have some idiot posing as a vike fan starting crap with other teams, but trust me, thats not the way most of us are on this board. We all enjoy a good debate, especially with fans of other teams. What we don't like is a 4-12 team coming on here slandering us. Just like you don't like that an idiot came on your start causing trouble. For that I apologize.. it makes the rest of us look bad, but if you're up for a good debate... we're more then willing

LosAngelis
04-12-2004, 03:04 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by triedandtruevikesfan

Yes it is, very frustrating. Another thing that is frustrating is the idiots that come on here, make stupid comments and can't back them up. Its unfortunate that we have some idiot posing as a vike fan starting crap with other teams, but trust me, thats not the way most of us are on this board. We all enjoy a good debate, especially with fans of other teams. What we don't like is a 4-12 team coming on here slandering us. Just like you don't like that an idiot came on your start causing trouble. For that I apologize.. it makes the rest of us look bad, but if you're up for a good debate... we're more then willing

Well, tried, there's the rub. Vikes goes on and irritates that fairly loyal and intelligent fans on that site. So, one of the less intelligent people comes on this site and insults the loyal and intelligent people here, msot of whom would never go to anyone else's site to troll. Naturally, one of the Least Common Denominator's on this site will be tempted to go back and do the same.

How about a truce called?

triedandtruevikesfan
04-12-2004, 03:30 PM
sounds like a plan to me. Like I said, if you're up for a good debate... you're more then welcome to stay... unfortunately being a moderator on this board doesn't give me power any where else... hehehe

josdin00
04-12-2004, 04:02 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by amavikesfan

it's determined by your rankings in division, and rankings of other teams in their divisions. then they rotate division vs. division each year. plus a couple of games the league just thinks will be cool.

The scheduling formula goes like this:

2 games each against your divisional opponents (6 games)
1 game against each team in one NFC division (rotates every 3 or four years, depending on the conference you're in, 4 games)
1 game against each team in one AFC division (rotates every 3 or four years, depending on the conference you're in, 4 games)

The remaining 2 games are based on strength of schedule. If you were first in your division last year, you play those two games against the other two division champs in your conference that aren't already on your schedule.

I'll use the Vikings as an example.

We have 2 games each against the Pack, the Bears, and the Lions.

The NFC North teams play against NFC East and the AFC South this year. That adds the Eagles, Giants, Cowboys, Redskins, Bucs, Saints, Colts, and Jaguars to our schedule.

Finally, the Vikes finished 2nd in the North last year, so we play the 2nd place teams from the NFC South, and the NFC West. That gives us the Saints and the Seahawks.

I don't know how they determine home/away for those games, but I know they do have some kind of pattern for that, also.

crookshanks
04-12-2004, 04:08 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by triedandtruevikesfan

No need to apologize! I understand. We get most of the stupid comments from Eagles fans. Its all pretty ridiculous. I'm always up for friendly discussion. I don't know why some people insist on turning it into a series of insults. I'll try to stop in once and a while and see how you guys are doing.