PDA

View Full Version : is it me or.....

Vikes316
08-28-2005, 01:32 AM
or does our defense look alot better.......i think ti looks awsome.
i mean sure it didnt do to well on the opening drive but after that for the rest of the half it looked awsome. it stopped the chargers and held them to only 7 in the first half. in some games last year our d already gave 21 or 24 points in the first half. so when you really llook at it our D has improved and still will get better as time goes on. IM SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tosstomoss
08-28-2005, 01:44 AM
i feel the more we play the better we will get. With birk now out that will hurt. I agree we look better, but are not no where in form yet. Lets just hope meathead calls the rightcall and Dante plays hard and great.

Vikingryche
08-28-2005, 02:14 AM
I definitely hope so.. That used to be the pride of Viking football. I remember the days of the Purple People Eaters of the 70s... The years of Doleman, Henry Thomas, keith Millard, of course Scott studwell... Our teams were so awesome then.. I wouls love to see that dominant Viking D again this year, definitely have the potential, we have 2 of the best corners in all of Pro football... So lets hope the Vikes kick some ass with D-E-F-E-N-S-E !!!!!!!!!! Go Vikes :cheers:

ItalianStallion
08-28-2005, 03:15 AM
Most of the problems I've noticed so far are due mostly to poor communication or mental mistakes, both of which will disappear as the season goes on (I hope).

tosstomoss
08-28-2005, 03:25 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Most of the problems I've noticed so far are due mostly to poor communication or mental mistakes, both of which will disappear as the season goes on (I hope).i agree 100%

magicci
08-28-2005, 04:00 AM
i was really impressed on how we kept them from scoring.

Burley81
08-28-2005, 09:04 AM
I have been impressed so far. Except for that one TD by McCardell.

How in the he!! did he get that wide open?

magicci
08-28-2005, 09:23 AM
"Burley81" wrote:

two defenders followed the same guy i think the deep coverage guy blew it, hes gonna hear it in the meeting rooms.

PhillyVikes
08-28-2005, 09:28 AM
"tosstomoss" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Most of the problems I've noticed so far are due mostly to poor communication or mental mistakes, both of which will disappear as the season goes on (I hope).i agree 100%

Thats always the problem with the D. Great players, good scheme, bad coaching.

Burley81
08-28-2005, 05:53 PM
"magicci" wrote:

"Burley81" wrote:

two defenders followed the same guy i think the deep coverage guy blew it, hes gonna hear it in the meeting rooms.

Oh.....

hovan
08-28-2005, 06:05 PM
It seems to me that B.Williams has been getting burned of late, how was Smoot, and is he back for good now?

PurpleTide
08-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Will this unit be as dominant as the Purple People Eaters?, quite possibly. When we grow together this season and the D starts to meld it could be a top 5 D by the end of the year, and only get better as the post season begins. Not quite a number 1 D yet, but potentially..... Gotta Go Get It Defense... skol

ultravikingfan
08-28-2005, 06:41 PM
"PhillyVikes" wrote:

"tosstomoss" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Thats always the problem with the D. Great players, good scheme, bad coaching.

I like that, its funny! :grin:

Ltrey33
08-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I just watched the game and I thought our D looked pretty good. We gave up some 3rd downs that we probably shouldn't have, but we kept them from scoring with the exception of that opening drive, and I think we look pretty dern good.