PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper vs. Manning

muffinman
08-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Great Culpepper/Moss article with Daunte's stats vs. Manning. :grin:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=379

How come the national media is infatuated with Manning? Compared with Manning, Culpepper gets little to no national recognition.

ultravikingfan
08-27-2005, 06:54 PM
The only comparison we need will be Daunte's hand vs. Mannings after Pep has a huge fricken Super Bowl ring on it and Manning has none! Thats all the recognition he needs! Yeah!

Manning = http://neotwist.com/images/smilies/sad.gif

Pep = http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/11.gif

muffinman
08-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Well, I don't see Manning getting one anytime soon. He's brutal in the playoffs.

ShanePurpleBlood
08-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Good read. Manning will put up numbers, but Pep will put up numbers and wear super bowl rings!

SUPERBOWL XL
SKOL VIKINGS!

LosAngelis
08-27-2005, 09:06 PM
I think this is a crucial year from Culpepper. The team finally took my advice and gave him sole leadership on offense, instead of having bipolar boy be your inspiration.

Now, he's got to prove it. He has every tool a quarterback could have: strong arm, good accuracy, great feet, and the ability to shed tacklers left and right.

But Culpeppers has two bugaboos: one serious, the other not.

The not-so-serious knock is the fumbling. It's a concern, but his fumbles+interceptions didn't equal Favre's interception total last year.

The big knock is confidence. He's used to being the scapegoat when Moss didn't do well. Your whole team revolved around whether Moss was happy and productive, and if he wasn't, it was Daunte's fault.

But Daunte gave into that too many times, hung his head, and took the bullet.

When you guys fall behind, with the mantle of leadership, is Daunte going to be able to shake it off, or will he go back to his martyring ways?

I have always theorized that he would be the best QB in the league if Moss was gone. I still believe that is possible.

However, now that it is a reality, I'm hoping I was wrong. :)

countrygirl
08-27-2005, 09:16 PM
He will be better this year w/o Moss bitchin and whining in the huddle.

magicci
08-28-2005, 04:19 AM
culpepper will have the best stats this year. manning wont be as good. he looks horrible in the preseason, manning will have that monkey on his back of trying to go for an encore of last season and it will hurt him, i think manning will have 34+ TDs as well as pepp. but Pepp is an entire offensive circus in one body.

Ltrey33
08-28-2005, 04:49 AM
"countrygirl" wrote:

Oooo where's Moss8404 when you need him?! :lol:

Culpepper's #s were great last year. I'll be one damn happy camper if he puts up the same stats this year. I love the fact that he had more yards than Manning!

RandyMoss8404
08-28-2005, 04:57 AM
Culpepper will have a better year and statistical year than Peyton Manning.

I can't put my finger on it, and I know it's preseason, but something is just wrong with Peyton Manning this year. I think he's going to pull a 2002-2003 Tampa Bay syndrome out on us.

I'm not going to address the Moss comments, I've said my piece, and will simply ignore the troglodytes from here on out.

Swamination
08-28-2005, 04:58 AM
Daunte is set for a great season this year. His preseason performances are awe inspiring. I mean his accuracy is CRAZY. With the great core of recievers, Daunte will have a season like last year....if not better...

fred3105
08-28-2005, 05:08 AM
"countrygirl" wrote:

You know this because you were in the huddle right?

canadian_vikes_fan
08-28-2005, 05:40 AM
Alright, I disagree with the commets about Moss bitching in the huddle, because I don't think that happened.

However,

Daunte is the best QB in the league. Period. If I were building a team from scratch, Daunte is my pick at quarterback every time. Manning is very good. He is one of the best passers in history, and is a part of arguably the best offence around. But Daunte is just as good a passer. Plus, he can add the dimension of running. I've watched a bit of Manning's games, and you NEVER see the guy run. If noone is open, he'll throw the ball away and try again. Not Pep. Daunte will put his head down and work for a few yards. That, in turn, helps out his receivers, because the defence has to keep at least one LB/DL to shadow Daunte to keep him honest.

DemonicViking
08-28-2005, 05:47 AM
They're both going to have a good season, but if the colts don't get home field advantage during the playoffs.. it won't be to their advantage.. specially if they have to play at New England again.

Our offense will have a good balance this year, Culpepper will be spreadin'g it around, I just hope the running game will be up to par.