PDA

View Full Version : He Can't Catch!?!?!



Toss2Moss84
08-27-2005, 09:54 AM
Well I guess he put that criticism to rest.....

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MPD103082622_lower.jpg

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MPD104082622_lower.jpg

xlb57
08-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Amen

NodakVike
08-27-2005, 10:13 AM
i was there at the game i ll tell u what hes a good one! Hes gonna be a fun one to watch!

xlb57
08-27-2005, 10:24 AM
I was there too, and will be every game they're there, and couldn't agree more. This kid has skills.

NodakVike
08-27-2005, 10:36 AM
I hate to say it but this kid is our our future! He might not put up huge numbers this year , but hes a big play guy! we all know how Moss had cover 2 at all times. Did ne one notice when Troy went down field tonight he had 2 not 1 guys on him! Hes the real deal im happy we didnt take a TE in mike Williams!

akvikefan89
08-27-2005, 11:15 AM
SAWEET!!! Nice pic! This guy is winning more fans over every game. Can you do that Mike?

akvikefan89
08-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Hey, just noticed I got a title! Vikes win, I get a title, not a bad day overall :lol:

toemaster6
08-27-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm stoke that he came out of the gate with a sweet reception. Want to add in about TT, he'll be pulling them down like that too. Burly lookin good and C-pep picking up right where he left off last year and thats nothing short of stellar play. Pimpin ain't easy.

drommes
08-27-2005, 12:55 PM
The thing is, Williamson doesn't have to put up big numbers, burly had just under 100 yards in less then a half. All we need Williamson to do is to make catches like he did tonight and he'll be fine. He can gradually build himself into a big name receiver. People just need to realize he's not a one year project and that he will be fine, something I think he's proven so far this pre-season.

ShanePurpleBlood
08-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Williamson is the man! I just picked him up in Fantasy Football. I can't wait for regular season. The Bucs will be in for a rude awakening!

SKOL VIKINGS!

michaelmazid
08-27-2005, 06:38 PM
dudge gets up high. He reminds me of Marvin Harrison a little bit.

PurplePeopleEaters
08-27-2005, 06:47 PM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

Hey, just noticed I got a title! Vikes win, I get a title, not a bad day overall :lol:

Hey me too! :shock: Not bad not bad.

ultravikingfan
08-27-2005, 06:49 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

Hey, just noticed I got a title! Vikes win, I get a title, not a bad day overall :lol:

Hey me too! :shock: Not bad not bad.

The PP.O Gods where looking down on you, you guys earned them!

PurplePeopleEaters
08-27-2005, 06:51 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

Hey, just noticed I got a title! Vikes win, I get a title, not a bad day overall :lol:

Hey me too! :shock: Not bad not bad.

The PP.O Gods where looking down on you, you guys earned them!

Did you see Vikez? :lol:

Looks like our resident stoner jokes paid off ultra.

Ltrey33
08-27-2005, 06:52 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

Hey, just noticed I got a title! Vikes win, I get a title, not a bad day overall :lol:

Hey me too! :shock: Not bad not bad.

The PP.O Gods where looking down on you, you guys earned them!

Congrats on the titles guys!

And yes, that picture is freakin sweet!!!

pigskinronin
08-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Williamson is impressing me also. He seems very confident which is a great thing. Taylor also appears to be a very good aquisition.

A downer for me is Robinson is looking a little weak. He doesn't look quick off the snap and doesn't play with much attitude. Bugged the hell out of me when Sammy Davis (nickel back) kept punking him. Find some fire Mr. Robinson!

So to clarify - I see alot of desire and determination from Burleson, Taylor, and Williamson. I just don't see it in Robinson.

cc21
08-27-2005, 08:10 PM
How did Williamson do last night against the Chargers? I had a football game so I missed the game.

And I also hear something about Robinson being taken off the field because he was dehydrated or something. Is that true?

ShanePurpleBlood
08-27-2005, 08:20 PM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

How did Williamson do last night against the Chargers? I had a football game so I missed the game.

And I also hear something about Robinson being taken off the field because he was dehydrated or something. Is that true?


Williamson got open down field. Went up high by the sideline and make a great catch all while coming down in bounds. It was sweet, good preview of what to come from him. He will be better for us than Mike Williams.

Robinson was drinking liquids for cramps during game. After the game I heard he hurt his ankle, but haven't heard much more.

cc21
08-27-2005, 08:24 PM
"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:

"coreychavous21" wrote:

How did Williamson do last night against the Chargers? I had a football game so I missed the game.

And I also hear something about Robinson being taken off the field because he was dehydrated or something. Is that true?


Williamson got open down field. Went up high by the sideline and make a great catch all while coming down in bounds. It was sweet, good preview of what to come from him. He will be better for us than Mike Williams.

Robinson was drinking liquids for cramps during game. After the game I heard he hurt his ankle, but haven't heard much more.K thanks for the info man.

pigskinronin
08-27-2005, 08:26 PM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

How did Williamson do last night against the Chargers? I had a football game so I missed the game.

And I also hear something about Robinson being taken off the field because he was dehydrated or something. Is that true?

Well now I feel like an a$$ for saying Robinson wasn't playing with any heart.

Two balls I saw thrown to Williamson with the 1st team offense:

streaking down the middle of the field, splits two defenders and actually gets a step, but the deep ball was out of reach.

leaping catch that everyone is gushing over, very nice catch.

hovan
08-27-2005, 09:22 PM
thanks, I sorry I missed that, hopefully there will be plenty more this season

ItalianStallion
08-27-2005, 11:28 PM
I thought that most of the problems Williamson had in camp were dropping routine catches, but still catching spectacular ones. with a little more focus and concentration I'm sure that will go away.

magicci
08-28-2005, 03:59 AM
Troy will do fine so far he hasnt dropped a pass when it matters.

ItalianStallion
08-28-2005, 06:56 PM
"magicci" wrote:

Troy will do fine so far he hasnt dropped a pass when it matters.

It always matters :)

LuckyVike
08-28-2005, 07:08 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

Troy will do fine so far he hasnt dropped a pass when it matters.

It always matters :)

To someone who wants you to fail. To me and other Williamson supporters it didn't matter to us if he dropped a pass at camp because we knew how he would do when it counted.

cc21
08-28-2005, 07:31 PM
"NodakVike" wrote:

i was there at the game i ll tell u what hes a good one! Hes gonna be a fun one to watch!Do you have season tickets? I thought I remembered you saying you where at the KC game to.

Lotza
08-28-2005, 07:38 PM
"pigskinronin" wrote:

Williamson is impressing me also. He seems very confident which is a great thing. Taylor also appears to be a very good aquisition.

A downer for me is Robinson is looking a little weak. He doesn't look quick off the snap and doesn't play with much attitude. Bugged the hell out of me when Sammy Davis (nickel back) kept punking him. Find some fire Mr. Robinson!

So to clarify - I see alot of desire and determination from Burleson, Taylor, and Williamson. I just don't see it in Robinson.

Robinson has been in the league longer than all of those guys. He isn't coming from another team, just been named the number one guy and he is not a rookie therefore he will have plenty of fire when he needs to have it. And a expect him to be burning come sept eleven

V4L
08-28-2005, 08:27 PM
I didn't get to see the Williamson catch but I came home and saw highlights of it.. Looks pretty sweet.. Im even more glad we got this guy he should have a pretty decent year for us

magicci
08-29-2005, 07:05 AM
if williamson was made for dropping passes he would have been on the seahawks but hes not hes with us the best offensive team over the accumalation of the past 3 seasons.

whackthepack
08-29-2005, 03:56 PM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"pigskinronin" wrote:

Williamson is impressing me also. He seems very confident which is a great thing. Taylor also appears to be a very good aquisition.

A downer for me is Robinson is looking a little weak. He doesn't look quick off the snap and doesn't play with much attitude. Bugged the hell out of me when Sammy Davis (nickel back) kept punking him. Find some fire Mr. Robinson!

So to clarify - I see alot of desire and determination from Burleson, Taylor, and Williamson. I just don't see it in Robinson.

Robinson has been in the league longer than all of those guys. He isn't coming from another team, just been named the number one guy and he is not a rookie therefore he will have plenty of fire when he needs to have it. And a expect him to be burning come sept eleven

Sorry, I have to disagree Lotzapurple. I think by week 3 Robinson will be 4th on the depth chart, and will not see the field that much unless we get an injury to Nate, Travis or Troy.

He has not looked very good in preseason, and if Troy keeps improving than he will take over the number 3 spot.

PurplePackerEater
08-29-2005, 04:25 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"pigskinronin" wrote:

Williamson is impressing me also. He seems very confident which is a great thing. Taylor also appears to be a very good aquisition.

A downer for me is Robinson is looking a little weak. He doesn't look quick off the snap and doesn't play with much attitude. Bugged the hell out of me when Sammy Davis (nickel back) kept punking him. Find some fire Mr. Robinson!

So to clarify - I see alot of desire and determination from Burleson, Taylor, and Williamson. I just don't see it in Robinson.

Robinson has been in the league longer than all of those guys. He isn't coming from another team, just been named the number one guy and he is not a rookie therefore he will have plenty of fire when he needs to have it. And a expect him to be burning come sept eleven

Sorry, I have to disagree Lotzapurple. I think by week 3 Robinson will be 4th on the depth chart, and will not see the field that much unless we get an injury to Nate, Travis or Troy.

He has not looked very good in preseason, and if Troy keeps improving than he will take over the number 3 spot.

I agree that Robinson is on his way Down the depth chart. He just doesn't seem to do anything on the feild. Look at all the balls that are thrown his way, I don't think that he has even caught half of them. Disappointing.

Big C
08-29-2005, 04:57 PM
I agree whole-heartedly. For someone who is supposed to be the end zone target he really didn't look good against the Chargers. He got a lot of balls thrown at him, but got beaten by the CB every single time. I think Taylor already is the #2 reciever. He started in first quarter as the #2 I thought.

Robinson will be our #3 reciever once the season starts (till Troy gets a little more time with the 1st offense). The guy is good at getting the occasional 1st down but not living up to the expectations we had when we signed him. Taylor on the other hand is a frickin godsend to us.

whackthepack
08-29-2005, 06:41 PM
"Big C" wrote:

I agree whole-heartedly. For someone who is supposed to be the end zone target he really didn't look good against the Chargers. He got a lot of balls thrown at him, but got beaten by the CB every single time. I think Taylor already is the #2 reciever. He started in first quarter as the #2 I thought.

Robinson will be our #3 reciever once the season starts (till Troy gets a little more time with the 1st offense). The guy is good at getting the occasional 1st down but not living up to the expectations we had when we signed him. Taylor on the other hand is a frickin godsend to us.

I think they started Taylor as the number 2 receiver against the Jets and he was against the Chargers.