PDA

View Full Version : Lions Busy

gpete13
03-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Those Lions seem to be busy and getting better. Just singed Brock Marion. http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=1045

I like just reading about the Lions talking to old running backs, not signing guys that will actually help them out.

Also don't like seeing that Ian Gold was in Detroit as well.

I know the Lions aren't going to be a huge threat this year, but I dont like 2 easy wins become a challange or a chance to loose.

GreenBaySlackers
03-25-2004, 04:41 PM
The lions arent exactly a force to be reconed with now, but I feel that someday soon we are going to see quite a football team develope in the city of detroit. It seems to be the trend of terrible teams getting good... Namely Carolina and Cincinnati. Soon the race for the NFC north title will be tight with all four teams puting up some serious competition. I'm not worried though. When bennet hits his climax, we will have the most unstoppable offence in the NFL for sure.

ItalianStallion
03-25-2004, 05:01 PM
Our wins against detroit never seem to be easy, so I am not sure what your used to.

Viking_Spirit
03-25-2004, 05:04 PM
The lions will be OK this year. Not good, but not bad.

BigEasyViking
03-25-2004, 11:20 PM
I think that the Lions will suprise all of us this year and will be playing really good ball for a change. They have a lot of really good young talent and only a year of working under Mooch. I think that they will no longer be a bye on the scedule, especially if they get a good RB. Still probably a year away from being taken for real though.

LosAngelis
03-26-2004, 12:00 AM
Mark my words...

The Detroit Lions will have no chance at the NFC Norse title, but they will play a pivotal role in deciding who does win between the Packers and Vikings. No predictions which way, but they will go down as the game that "woulda coulda shoulda" for the team looking in.

Last time I said "Mark my words", it was at a Packer game last season when I announced to all around me that Tim Couch would be groomed as our QB of the future. Everyone told me to bleep off.

Am I good or what?

http://greenbaypressgazette.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_15394001.shtml

hawaiianvike21
03-26-2004, 04:00 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LosAngelis

Mark my words...

The Detroit Lions will have no chance at the NFC Norse title, but they will play a pivotal role in deciding who does win between the Packers and Vikings. No predictions which way, but they will go down as the game that "woulda coulda shoulda" for the team looking in.

Last time I said "Mark my words", it was at a Packer game last season when I announced to all around me that Tim Couch would be groomed as our QB of the future. Everyone told me to bleep off.

Am I good or what?

http://greenbaypressgazette.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_15394001.shtml

Good point, but couch is not officially a packer yet. They are just interested in him, just like how we were interested in Brandon Short but never got him.
You never know, some other team could be after couch as well.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

AngloVike
03-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Well being a division rival then games with them will always be hard. Of the games I've seen at the Dome two were against the Lions and both times, even though we won, the games were not easy ones at all.
Last year took two late INTs run back for TDs to see it, and in 2001 it was a blown play by Detroit that ensure the Vikes won.
Don't ever take them for granted

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by BigEasyViking

I think that the Lions will suprise all of us this year and will be playing really good ball for a change. They have a lot of really good young talent and only a year of working under Mooch. I think that they will no longer be a bye on the scedule, especially if they get a good RB. Still probably a year away from being taken for real though.

bleedpurple
03-26-2004, 09:24 AM
The lions need a QB and a running back and then watch out! The bears will be no slouch also. The Norris is back fellas!!

amavikesfan
03-26-2004, 09:33 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bleedpurple

The lions need a QB and a running back and then watch out! The bears will be no slouch also. The Norris is back fellas!!
the lions HAVE a quarterback, duh. joey harrington is the real deal, and is one of the scariest players in the norse (not a viking). better stand up and recognize.

jmiller1
03-26-2004, 09:39 AM
wel what about chicago they are going to get better they were in the race to the end with us and greeen bay no one talks about them.I think they will be scond and packers will be last and vikings first and lions third

Viking-Moss84
03-26-2004, 10:10 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jmiller1

wel what about chicago they are going to get better they were in the race to the end with us and greeen bay no one talks about them.I think they will be scond and packers will be last and vikings first and lions third

The Bears won't do any better this season. And the Packers won't be in last, that's just stupid talk...but considering everything you say is stupid, I shouldn't really have to point that out.

Kleinsasser
03-26-2004, 10:18 AM
The lions are going to be much better next year.

I still think that Vikes will win division. Lions will come in second by one or two games, Pack will be in third, and chicago will be last.

The Vikes are tuned and ready for a new season (knock on wood).

Lions, have been redoing their defense for the past few years, bringing in better DBs and bringing more experience, their defense will carry them to perhaps a wild card playoff spot.

The Packers, what have I been saying? Going down hill. Couch is not a good QB, will they sign him? Why are they interested? Favre has told Sherman that he is going to retire after this year. I don't know that for a fact, but look at what has happened. First the press has talked about it, and we all know that if Brett never said anything about retirement that Sherman would not find another backup or someone to take Bretts place because he knows how much Green Bay fans like him, and that finding another QB good enough to start a game might make poor Brett feel threatened. Brett is gone next year, Packers going down hill. When Brett retires PARTY AT MY HOUSE!

The Chicago Bears...what can I say...at least they try...and they have Urlacher, but other than that not much else to say.

ItalianStallion
03-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Harrignton still has alot to prove in order to be considered the "real deal". He has not impressed me yet, but I realize he has potential.

jmiller1
03-26-2004, 01:19 PM
i think vikings ,bears,lions,packers how it is goin to go.and we will be in the race at the end with chicago. and packers will be 6-11 piss on the packers hehehehehehehehehehe.skol vikes

bleedpurple
03-26-2004, 03:24 PM
Thanks Itallion stallion-Amavikesfan "YOU" betta recognize! Joey does have potential but has yet to "PROVE" anything! Real deal????? I doubt it! He's about as much a real deal as Terrell Owens is a church mouse! Is this the same Joey Harrington who had a 63.9 QB rating last year and threw 5 more picks than td passes last year??? You are referring to???? Who also was the 30th rated passer in the whole LEAGUE last year only Boller (a rookie) and Stewart (a bumb) were worse! Doug Johnson of Atl had a better rating that him!!! You silly goose! Check your stats and watch your mouth before you make yourself look silly again! YOU BETTA SIT DOWN AND RECOGNIZE!!!

LosAngelis
03-26-2004, 04:28 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Kleinsasser

The Packers, what have I been saying? Going down hill. Couch is not a good QB, will they sign him? Why are they interested? Favre has told Sherman that he is going to retire after this year. I don't know that for a fact, but look at what has happened. First the press has talked about it, and we all know that if Brett never said anything about retirement that Sherman would not find another backup or someone to take Bretts place because he knows how much Green Bay fans like him, and that finding another QB good enough to start a game might make poor Brett feel threatened. Brett is gone next year, Packers going down hill. When Brett retires PARTY AT MY HOUSE!

Nothing is official yet. But I agree that this is probably his last year. The Packers have a ton of free agents after this season and will probably consider encouraging him to retire, as they will probably rebuild the whole team.

I also never said Couch was good, I just said I figured he'd be the stop gap until we get our next good QB (or until Losman is ready, assuming we draft him).