PDA

View Full Version : FOX has us ranked 11th ... what a joke

midgensa
08-25-2005, 12:45 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4802386

This is beyond belief to me. What an excessively high rank for teams like the Bills, Jets and in my opinion even the Panthers.
This will change quickly, but I am guessing the Joe f*cking Buck did these god awful rankings.

ShanePurpleBlood
08-25-2005, 12:52 AM
He he, it probably was Joe butt dart Buck. I was wondering if I was the only one that hated that jerk.

midgensa
08-25-2005, 12:54 AM
I actually like Joe Buck and think he is one of the best in the business, but his one mistake is so biased and so ridiculously one-sided that it makes it hard to defend him sometimes ...

natethegreat
08-25-2005, 12:55 AM
"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:

He he, it probably was Joe butt dart Buck. I was wondering if I was the only one that hated that jerk.

i hate that prick and i dont think anyone on here likes him, had he been doing the rankings though the pack would be 1 and we would be 32

muchluv4smoot
08-25-2005, 12:57 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

I actually like Joe Buck and think he is one of the best in the business, but his one mistake is so biased and so ridiculously one-sided that it makes it hard to defend him sometimes ...

Joe Buck needs to stick to baseball.

mark790
08-25-2005, 12:58 AM
They have the Vikes ranked fourth in the NFC though and of the three above us only Carolina could claim to be any better than last year.

Philadelphia without TO in an improved division is 10 - 6 at best.

Atlanta have a far tougher schedule this year and the most overated QB in the league, they are looking at 9 - 7

Carolina have got players back but have lost Muhammed and who did they really beat in that winning run late in the season? 10 - 6 for me.

I can see Seattle as the team likely to offer token competition to the Vikings in the post-season, start looking at hotels in Detroit.

DoraTheExplorer
08-25-2005, 12:59 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

I thought Joe was all right until he had a spaz attack at Randy Moss when he mooned the Packers fans (come on, they probably didn't get it anyway). When he started saying "that's disgusting" over and over again, I had a single thought: that man needs to get laid.

Prophet
08-25-2005, 01:00 AM
Patriots
Eagles
Colts
Chargers
Bills
Jets
Panthers
Steelers
Falcons
Ravens
Vikings
Chiefs
Jaguars
Seahawks
Cardinals
Saints...

I would definitely put the Vikings above the Chargers, Bills, Jets, Panthers, and Falcons at this point of the season.

mark790
08-25-2005, 01:03 AM
Got to laugh when they rank the Cards nine places above the Packers, so he isnt that far out on some.

natethegreat
08-25-2005, 01:08 AM
yeah thats quite funny, cards could actually make the playoffs this year in that weak nfc west division, that division is sad

DoraTheExplorer
08-25-2005, 01:13 AM
The Cardinals are not funny. They're pitiful. Laughing at the Cardinals is sick, similar to laughing at retarded kids, starving Africans, or Joe Buck.

akvikefan89
08-25-2005, 01:31 AM
"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

The Cardinals are not funny. They're pitiful. Laughing at the Cardinals is sick, similar to laughing at retarded kids, starving Africans, or Joe Buck.
The Cardinals are better than alot of other teams....now, the packers... :lol:

Skoal_Vikings
08-25-2005, 01:36 AM
the bills at 5 and jets at 6 isnt very good. i havent looked any lower than 11, but i think the vikings and ravens both deserve to be higher. maybe switch the bills with the ravens and the vikes with the jets, that would be pretty close. the chargers should be lower too. and i also hate joe buck, hes an idiot.

michaelmazid
08-25-2005, 01:37 AM
TAKE IT EASY EVERYONE. WE WERE 8-8 LAST YEAR AND WE LOST RANDY MOSS. JUST BECAUSE WE GOT A COUPLE OF OVER THE HILL WASHED UP DEFENSIVE PLAYERS (P.WILLIAMS, D.SHARPER, SAM COWART) DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL.

akvikefan89
08-25-2005, 01:38 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

TAKE IT EASY EVERYONE. WE WERE 8-8 LAST YEAR AND WE LOST RANDY MOSS. JUST BECAUSE WE GOT A COUPLE OF OVER THE HILL WASHED UP DEFENSIVE PLAYERS (P.WILLIAMS, D.SHARPER, SAM COWART) DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL.
I'm hoping that is filled with sarcasim... :shock:

michaelmazid
08-25-2005, 01:41 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

No its not. I just think everyone is really setting their goals high. The only player we can really count on is Nap Harris and Fred Smoth. Lets not forget that we haven't played this year and they are going by last year's numbers and we were 8-8.

kamikrazy_man
08-25-2005, 01:42 AM
we are alright where were at ,cuz at the end of the year we can all laugh at this poll cause we will be number 1

akvikefan89
08-25-2005, 01:44 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

No its not. I just think everyone is really setting their goals high. The only player we can really count on is Nap Harris and Fred Smoth. Lets not forget that we haven't played this year and they are going by last year's numbers and we were 8-8.
I wouldn't consider Phat Pat, Sharper, or Cowart "over the hill" or "washed up"...

cajunvike
08-25-2005, 01:44 AM
Nah man, that's a typo...they hit the 1 key twice instead of once...it was supposed to be #1 !!!!

akvikefan89
08-25-2005, 01:47 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Nah man, that's a typo...they hit the 1 key twice instead of once...it was supposed to be #1 !!!!
Cajun knows what's up! :grin:

akvikefan89
08-25-2005, 01:47 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Cajun knows what's up! :grin:

Space Coyote
08-25-2005, 01:49 AM
Meh. This thing is always wrong anyway.

Ltrey33
08-25-2005, 01:49 AM
11th, BS. The Chargers the Bills and the Jets are all wayyyy too high. Fox doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

DoraTheExplorer
08-25-2005, 02:13 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

BS. The Cardinals do, and always will, suck.

Mr. Purple
08-25-2005, 02:37 AM
"Joe Buck needs to stick to baseball."-muchlove

well muchlove he needs to stick to not suckin dic as well...JOE BUCK IS A WASTE OF LIFE, I WILL PERSONALLY BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUTTA HIM......midgensa im sorry but joe buck is a fagg0t

vikeswin2005
08-25-2005, 03:06 AM
11th is not a bad place for the vikes to rank cuz then we are not considered "the team to beat" or the team everyone wants there "a" game we all know this team has a lot of potential and depth but we all also know a lot of hype to live up to.......and obviously like someone else mentioned we did go 8-8 last year and i hate to admit we did lose the best wr in the game yes i think our chemistry is better w/o him but only time will tell what we do. I think we will go 12-4 go vikes

natethegreat
08-25-2005, 03:14 AM
"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

wow, you must have some bad hatred towards that team, something against denny green or when they knocked us out of the playoffs a couple years back??? i don't really mind the cardinals and i think they have a chance at winning their division

PurplePeopleEaters
08-25-2005, 03:33 AM
"natethegreat" wrote:

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

wow, you must have some bad hatred towards that team, something against denny green or when they knocked us out of the playoffs a couple years back??? i don't really mind the cardinals and i think they have a chance at winning their division

The only problems I have with denny and the cardinals are that
1. Denny killed Korey Stringer. :angry7:
2. yes the whole playoff thing.

thepacksux
08-25-2005, 03:43 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"natethegreat" wrote:

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

That is a ridiculous statement and the cardinals are definitely better than half the teams in the NFC

PurplePeopleEaters
08-25-2005, 03:49 AM
"thepacksux" wrote:

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"natethegreat" wrote:

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

That is a ridiculous statement and the cardinals are definitely better than half the teams in the NFC

Yes I realize that that is a bit of an over statement. Denny did not kill stringer. He was trying to prove himself and water was banned from practice. I just can't see how anyone can like the cardinals after that infamous play. :???:

midgensa
08-25-2005, 04:02 AM
"mark790" wrote:

They have the Vikes ranked fourth in the NFC though and of the three above us only Carolina could claim to be any better than last year.

Philadelphia without TO in an improved division is 10 - 6 at best.

Atlanta have a far tougher schedule this year and the most overated QB in the league, they are looking at 9 - 7

Carolina have got players back but have lost Muhammed and who did they really beat in that winning run late in the season? 10 - 6 for me.

I can see Seattle as the team likely to offer token competition to the Vikings in the post-season, start looking at hotels in Detroit.

More Vick bashing as usual, although all he does is win! Hoping for the Falcons to go 9-7 is a little low I think, but I definitely think we should be ranked higher than a couple of AFC teams and probably one of the three NFC teams on there.

Right now I have us ranked 7th - behind N.E., Philly, Indy, Atlanta, Pitt, & Balt. but that all should change once the season gets going.

WBLVikeBabe
08-25-2005, 06:20 AM
That is some crazy rankings. They have the Colts as number three and so far this preseason they are 0-3, I don't know about anyone else but I don't think they'll be staying at that ranking all year. Vikes as number 11 is ridiculous that surprises me after all the talking up they've gotten so far.

hawaiianvike21
08-25-2005, 06:53 AM
What did foxsports do to come up with this kind of bull**** rankings? Did they throw darts or picked names out of hat to come up with this.

I dont see how we could have been 18 after we made the playoffs and improved drastically to be better than 11.

whackthepack
08-25-2005, 05:08 PM
I did like that the had the Pack ranked 24th on the chart, dropping them 17 spots from last year!!!

They had the Lions ranked higher, that's gotta Pi$$ off some packer fans!!

Hooversham
08-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Number 11 is fine with me. I always hate it when we're ranked high. It's always a bad omen. I would rather be ranked at 11 and finish in the top 5 than be ranked high and crap the bed like they've done so many other times. Remember kids, this is the Vikings. THe same team that has caused heart ache and burn for the last 20+ years.

Besides Fox SPorts has NEVER been any good at these things. Check the rankings about 2 weeks into the schedule and they'll be completely different.

I'm actually suprised that the Pac is so low. Even though on paper they are garbage. Fox loves them sooooo much.

Bowchee
08-25-2005, 06:31 PM
11th is accurate. The team has gone through as much change as just about any team in the league, but who's to say what will work until it actualy does.

Heartache and burn goes hand-in-hand with most sports teams, afterall there's only one ultimate winner. Eagles fans might say the same thing about their team despite some pretty good (but not great) success. Despite the Denny Green years (annually in the playoffs, quick exit), there are people in Ohio and Michigan that would love to have a team like the Vikes.

AngloVike
08-25-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm happy with #11 as the action takes place on the field and not based on some spotty college graduate's ranking on his first day at work. Having said that it did make me smile to see the Bills so highly ranked - so someone obviously has a sense of humour.

Let us be overlooked for the season and, before anyone knows it, we'll be there at the top :grin:

PAvikesfan
08-25-2005, 07:10 PM
these rankings rally don't seem too far aff really.

if the vikes can open holes for our RB's and our secondary can only give up 2 or less TD's a game, we are set to be a top 3 team in the NFC if not the best in the NFC.

nextvikingsstar
08-25-2005, 07:26 PM
im a huge vikings fan also but i dont think being ranked 11 is a joke i mean the vikings havnt dont anything yet they have the team they could do it but if u look most the teams ahead of us have prooven themselves but next year this time we will be higher

Vikes
08-25-2005, 07:44 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

Patriots
Eagles
Colts
Chargers
Bills
Jets
Panthers
Steelers
Falcons
Ravens
Vikings
Chiefs
Jaguars
Seahawks
Cardinals
Saints...

I would definitely put the Vikings above the Chargers, Bills, Jets, Panthers, and Falcons at this point of the season.

You would be wrong. The Vikings might be better than the Panthers and the Jets. They are not better that the Bills, Chargers or Falcons. Have you not seen how AWSOME the Bills defense is? It's the best in the league, I would even say the Panthers D is awsome they just suffered so much in the 'O' department I would give the edge to the Vikes.

Tell me WHY you think Minnesota is better? I love the Vikings but I'm not blind.

BBQ Platypus
08-25-2005, 07:58 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

I agree with you, Sig-less Wonder.

When he's just giving straight-up play-by-play, Joe Buck is slam-a-lama ding-dong good! :lol:

But when he tellls America what he really thinks, he ends up looking (and sounding) like an a-hole.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2004/10/26/sports/26buck583.jpg

mark790
08-25-2005, 08:03 PM
More Vick bashing as usual, although all he does is win! Hoping for the Falcons to go 9-7 is a little low I think, but I definitely think we should be ranked higher than a couple of AFC teams and probably one of the three NFC teams on there.

Right now I have us ranked 7th - behind N.E., Philly, Indy, Atlanta, Pitt, & Balt. but that all should change once the season gets going.

I can't see what is low about wanting the Falcons to finish with a worse record than the Vikes if it helps us reach the Superbowl. Atlanta overperformed last year and won DESPITE Vick not because of him. You would not swap Daunte for him thats for sure.

VikingsBabe
08-25-2005, 08:11 PM
"Bowchee" wrote:

11th is accurate. The team has gone through as much change as just about any team in the league, but who's to say what will work until it actualy does.

Heartache and burn goes hand-in-hand with most sports teams, afterall there's only one ultimate winner. Eagles fans might say the same thing about their team despite some pretty good (but not great) success. Despite the Denny Green years (annually in the playoffs, quick exit), there are people in Ohio and Michigan that would love to have a team like the Vikes.

so what are you saying? the Browns suck? you know the one good thing about Ohio is that we have die hard fans...no matter how bad the Browns do, they never lose their fans. in fact, we fought hard to bring them back when Art Modell stole them away. watching Browns games on Sundays with a bowl of chili and a nice blanket to cuddle up in is a family past time for me. no matter what I will ALWAYS be a Browns fan, and you bet I'll be rooting for them and not the Vikes this year when they play eachother!!!! :lol: i have yet to see what the fans are really like up at the Dome (I'll find out in Sept) but nothing beats the DAWG POUND!!

cajunvike
08-25-2005, 08:32 PM
"VikingsBabe" wrote:

"Bowchee" wrote:

so what are you saying? the Browns suck? you know the one good thing about Ohio is that we have die hard fans...no matter how bad the Browns do, they never lose their fans. in fact, we fought hard to bring them back when Art Modell stole them away. watching Browns games on Sundays with a bowl of chili and a nice blanket to cuddle up in is a family past time for me. no matter what I will ALWAYS be a Browns fan, and you bet I'll be rooting for them and not the Vikes this year when they play eachother!!!! :lol: i have yet to see what the fans are really like up at the Dome (I'll find out in Sept) but nothing beats the DAWG POUND!!

Thanks for joining the Vikings bandwagon anyway! When the Vikes win the Super Bowl this year while the Browns are at home, we will all think of you and smile. :lol:

"Bow wow wow, yippie yo, yippie yay...
Browns fans are gonna cry when the Vikes go all the way!"

Courtesy of Smoot Doggy Dogg (and the rest of the Vikings defense)!

DemonicViking
08-25-2005, 08:38 PM
You're a Browns fan..? and you dare call yourself VikingsBabe?

VikingsBabe
08-25-2005, 09:05 PM
JDogg got me to like the Vikings. but i'm also a Browns fan. I root for both teams. come on, i gotta be a hometown fan...and i started out as a Browns fan since i was in the womb. if it helps at all, I'm more interested in the Vikings than the Browns... i just defend the Browns when someone picks on them and root for them always...especially against the Squealers.

Mr. Purple
08-25-2005, 09:07 PM

this pic not only p1sses me off like I have never been before, It also makes me want to bring almost certain death to joe buck, the biggest fagg0t in the world.....DEATH TO BUCK

DemonicViking
08-25-2005, 09:15 PM
"VikingsBabe" wrote:

JDogg got me to like the Vikings. but i'm also a Browns fan. I root for both teams. come on, i gotta be a hometown fan...and i started out as a Browns fan since i was in the womb. if it helps at all, I'm more interested in the Vikings than the Browns... i just defend the Browns when someone picks on them and root for them always...especially against the Squealers.

Heh, in the womb. To each their own, but being from NY, I don't root for the Jets or the Giants, but I'm stuck with them on sundays unless there's another game of interest.

Mr. Purple
08-25-2005, 09:21 PM
I'd have to say, if kentucky ever bye some miracle of god got a NFL team I would root for em, its my home state, i gotta rep a wee bit, But I still bleed purple.

SharperImage42
08-25-2005, 09:41 PM
what assholes.

ShanePurpleBlood
08-25-2005, 09:51 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

this pic not only p1sses me off like I have never been before, It also makes me want to bring almost certain death to joe buck, the biggest fagg0t in the world.....DEATH TO BUCK

Joe Buck is the biggest moron in the world!!! DEATH TO BUCK!!!

Bdubya
08-25-2005, 10:07 PM
I am mad about the Vikings being put at 11 behind the Panters, Ravens, Bills and Jets, but at least the Packers are down at 24. That put a smile on my face.

ranasrule
08-25-2005, 10:29 PM
iam really not that bothered when the same people that bring FOXNEWS to the world rank the VIKINGS 11th.....fair and balanced my azz

socalVIKEfan
08-25-2005, 10:50 PM
Honestly, who really cares about pre-season power rankings?
Or regular season, for that matter.

PurplePackerEater
08-26-2005, 12:40 AM
"Bowchee" wrote:

VIP -Very Intelligent Post!

I agree, 'cause I'm sick of people that say "the Vikings suck, they always make the playoffs and then lose!"

-Not true Viking fans, of course, but people that pay a little attention to them during the season. It's like they don't understand that there are 31 other teams in the same positon, fighting it out for a Super Bowl Victory.

PurplePackerEater
08-26-2005, 12:48 AM
"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Joe Buck is the biggest silly guy in the world!!! DEATH TO BUCK!!!

Joe Buck is an idiot!...and I'M being nice.

bono
08-26-2005, 03:55 AM
first off,
I disagree w/ FOX ranking the Vikings -whom I HATE- 11th. Although I'm no Viking Lover, I truly believe that they're at least worth a top 5! As far as the Packers -my boys -go, I'm not mad that they're ranked so low. It's cool. I'm glad that there are pretty much no expectations for my boys this coming season. That'll make their 14-2 record at the end of the season, oh so much SPECIAL!!!

Toro
08-26-2005, 04:24 AM
Who cares? Let the rest of the league think we're not that good. Then maybe they'll underestimate us. At least until we're 10-0. :lol:

6-KINGS
08-26-2005, 06:08 AM
"socalVIKEfan" wrote:

Honestly, who really cares about pre-season power rankings?
Or regular season, for that matter.

Right on!!
Rankings and polls are a joke.
It is just one man's view or the culmination of a "think tank" concensus.

Still just an opinion formed into a statement that is really just blather.

6-kings

SharperImage42
08-26-2005, 07:34 AM
wat assholes.

SharperImage42
08-26-2005, 07:34 AM
joe buck= douchebag

Vilerat
08-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Lots of people ranking the vikes above the chargers on here and I'm curious why. Based on RB's? TE's? Defense? I'll give TE's and somewhat O-line but seriously I don't see it.

Bowchee
08-26-2005, 05:33 PM
"VikingsBabe" wrote:

"Bowchee" wrote:

Despite the Denny Green years (annually in the playoffs, quick exit), there are people in Ohio and Michigan that would love to have a team like the Vikes.

so what are you saying? the Browns suck?

Sorry if I dissed your team :wink: . I was focusing on playoff appearances and thinking more about the Bungals (4 playoff years since 1975). The Browns have a decent record of getting there (9 playoff years since 1975) and were very regular in the 80's but not much since then. Don't get me wrong though - football is still fun without the playoffs, as proven in 2001 - 2003. Others: Vikes - 17, GB - 11, Chicago - 11, Detroit - 8, Dallas - 19, Pittsburg - 18, San Fran - 18, New England - 12, Arizona - 3.

JDogg926
08-26-2005, 07:52 PM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

"VikingsBabe" wrote:

Heh, in the womb. To each their own, but being from NY, I don't root for the Jets or the Giants, but I'm stuck with them on sundays unless there's another game of interest.

She's a hybrid, perhaps she should be called BrownsVikesBabe. I'm still working on her guys. The fact that the Browns are my 2nd team make it hard for me to trashtalk them and get her totally converted. But, as long as that's the only other team she roots for, it's cool. Plus the rivalry when they do actually play this year will be kind of fun.

purplepat
08-26-2005, 08:06 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4802386

This is beyond belief to me. What an excessively high rank for teams like the Bills, Jets and in my opinion even the Panthers.
This will change quickly, but I am guessing the Joe f*cking Buck did these god awful rankings.

What's so hard to believe? The Vikings have proven absolutely zero on the field as of yet. I believe the poll actually ranks the Vikings 4th in the NFC. What's so bad about that? The Vikings finished last season 8-8, collapsing down the stretch, and still haven't proven they can win consistently on the road. You've got the defending NFC champion, the team they defeated in the Championship, and possibly the hottest NFC team from the 2nd half of 2004 ranked above the Vikings. The Falcons are better if anything, the Panthers may also be improved, Eagles haven't necessarily fallen at all if TO keeps him mouth shut and Simon shows up for his paycheck. The Jets are a good team (beat the Vikings last week), Buffalo also finished 2004 very strong. It's widely regarded that the AFC is far superior to the NFC.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Vikings have legitimate title hopes. But so do Carolina, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and probably every other team ranked ahead of the Vikings as well as a few below them. My guess is the difference between #5 and #15 isn't all that great. If the Vikings win their first two games, they'll probably be in the top 8. Give it time, it's only a preseason ranking after all.

Bleedspurple
08-26-2005, 10:16 PM
I agree....why should be ranked any higher? So we can start off 5-1 again and fizzle to crap? We need to prove ourselves. And who cares what we're ranked. Only thing that matters at the end of season is records.

JDogg926
08-26-2005, 10:37 PM
I think that's a fitting ranking. They have to consider where teams left off last year. That's why the Patriots are still #1. They will be until they lose, which I predict will be Thursday 9/8 against the Raiders.

Just because they have them ranked #1 doesn't mean they are the best team in football. They lost a lot this year. A lot of people talk about them losing each of their coordinators. As much as that hurts, that's nothing compared to Bruschi and Andruzzi. That's the equivalent of the Ravens losing Lewis and Jonathan Ogden.

Also (and this seems to contradict a little bit of what I said, but oh well), the 49ers should have been 32nd. I think the Browns should have been ahead of them. I know the Browns sucked last year and it's basically a new team, but I go as far as to say they're better than the 49ers, Dolphins, and possibly the Texans, Titans, and Bears (those 3 are all close).

KJ
08-27-2005, 07:20 AM
"Bowchee" wrote:

there are people in Ohio and Michigan that would love to have a team like the Vikes.Actually, I'm in Michigan, and I do have a team like the Vikes, and I'm damn proud of it :grin: