PDA

View Full Version : Second WR

04nfcnorthchamps
08-24-2005, 05:02 AM
So is taylor now the second WR with robinson moving to the third....and williamson on the verge of taking over the third spot. Haven't had a chance to see either game, but have heard that Robinson is being outplayed by both taylor and williamson. ANY THOUGHTS???

Vikefan05
08-24-2005, 05:07 AM
I don't know if he is actually being outplayed, it just appears that he is not as versatile as TT. He is still a great threat in the red zone. Williamson played one(?) set in the later part of one game. While it was impressive, I doubt that Robinson will be replaced that easily. IMO, of course!

PurplePeopleEaters
08-24-2005, 05:08 AM
Yes. I think that TT will surpass Robinson as the 2nd but I don't know about Troy passing Robinson. Troy has looked good vs. the jets but he still is not at the same level IMO.

PurplePeopleEaters
08-24-2005, 05:10 AM
"vikefan05" wrote:

I don't know if he is actually being outplayed, it just appears that he is not as versatile as TT. He is still a great threat in the red zone. Williamson played one(?) set in the later part of one game. While it was impressive, I doubt that Robinson will be replaced that easily. IMO, of course!

hey vikefan05. Where in NC are ya? jw. :cool:

Vikefan05
08-24-2005, 05:12 AM
E-City. Got transfered up from Clearwater with the Coast Guard

fourdoorchevelle
08-24-2005, 05:16 AM
m rob , to my recollection has only caught 2 passes in 2 games , i may be wrong.

tt had numerous catches in the second game , williamson had 2 catches , 46 yards and a touchdown in 6 snaps (only played 1 game)

so far from what i've seen robinson looks like the odd amn out

carolinafan
08-24-2005, 05:45 AM
"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

m rob , to my recollection has only caught 2 passes in 2 games , i may be wrong.

tt had numerous catches in the second game , williamson had 2 catches , 46 yards and a touchdown in 6 snaps (only played 1 game)

Actually, it was 68 yards on 2 catches in 6 plays (55 yarder and 13 yard TD). But who's counting :grin:

fourdoorchevelle
08-24-2005, 05:58 AM
"carolinafan" wrote:

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

Actually, it was 68 yards on 2 catches in 6 plays (55 yarder and 13 yard TD). But who's counting :grin:

even better :cheers:

Ltrey33
08-24-2005, 06:00 AM
I hope it ends up being about 75% TT and 25% M-Rob at the number two spot, and 60% M-Rob and 40% Troy for the 3rd reciever spot. That would be a good way to do it, IMO.

Vikefan05
08-24-2005, 06:06 AM
sounds good to me!

BigEasyViking
08-24-2005, 07:07 AM
I really think that it's just a matter of time before Williamson takes over the number 2 or 3 spot. I just think that he has way more upside and with him in the game it will stretch the field much more than if MRob or TT is in the game. Both of these players will be a very good posession reciever but niether of them are a real deep threat. My prediction is that by game 8 our depth chart will be as follows:

1)Nate Burleson
2)Troy Williamson
3)Travis Taylor
4)Marcus Robinson/Kelly Campbell( The one that loses out here will be traded to the Eagles for draft pics)

Skoal_Vikings
08-24-2005, 07:12 AM
even if we dont use him much, i think we should atleast keep robinson around for the redzone. he may not make alot of catches, but he should make some big ones in the endzone.

natethegreat
08-24-2005, 07:33 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

I hope it ends up being about 75% TT and 25% M-Rob at the number two spot, and 60% M-Rob and 40% Troy for the 3rd reciever spot. That would be a good way to do it, IMO.

i'm down with that, im sure taylor will have the most receptions, im also sure marcus will have the most td's, and im not sure about yards, im hoping for williamson but i dont really know