PDA

View Full Version : Enough of Randy being gone during Broadcasts!



whackthepack
08-22-2005, 10:20 PM
I am getting really feed-up with the Randy being gone story line.

Every game, every show and every interview you have to here about Randy being gone!!! During the first two games they have beat it to death. Every interview you see with an offensive play or coach it becomes the main subject matter of the interview!!

I am getting as bored with that as I am with the T-Ho stories.

Let's quit taking about last year and move on to this up coming season and new players!!

Maybe I am the only one that is getting bored with this? Or are there other people that are getting sick of it!!

Had to vent, sorry!

Del Rio
08-22-2005, 10:27 PM
He defined our team since 1998, the media has a hard time letting that go.
Besides the only other angle they could take to try and have some mystery would be:

Either

Can the Vikings win without MOSS? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT $$$$$$$

Can the Vikings win with a great offense and a revamped D? STAY TUNED$$$$$

Can the Vikings Win with the cheapest coaching staff in the NFL? STAY TUNED$$$$

It's just drama to boost interest. It's the juciest edge they have. Because if you are not a Viking fan do you know that much about the team? Probably not, but you do know about Moss.

Del Rio
08-22-2005, 10:27 PM
I agree though it is getting very old. :grin:

audioghost
08-22-2005, 10:29 PM
The media are complete idiots....ya just gotta learn to deal with it.....they don't understand the "need for new news", after all isn't that why they call it news?? Ya I hate it too, but for some reason the media thinks people care.....dunno why....

CanadaViking
08-22-2005, 10:36 PM
In years past randy has been a distraction for the team, now that he is gone I think his absence will motivate the troops. For example, do you think a guy like Daunte will appreciate hearing all the 'what ifs' and so on about Randy, I think not.

Before randy was front and center and now he still is and I think it will help to insulate the team and help give them motivation for the upcoming season. these guys are as sick as we are about the subject, however they are the ones that have to do something about it and what more motivation could you have!!!

Cheers!!

V-Unit
08-22-2005, 11:33 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

I am getting really feed-up with the Randy being gone story line.

Every game, every show and every interview you have to here about Randy being gone!!! During the first two games they have beat it to death. Every interview you see with an offensive play or coach it becomes the main subject matter of the interview!!

I am getting as bored with that as I am with the T-Ho stories.

Let's quit taking about last year and move on to this up coming season and new players!!

Maybe I am the only one that is getting bored with this? Or are there other people that are getting sick of it!!

Had to vent, sorry!

I absolutely hate it, but it will always exist. Throughout the whole season. Even if we win the Super Bowl espn will talk about how The Vikings were able to "recover" from the loss of Randy and win their first championship ever. Just let it go. The fact it is annoying you means you are above the midless drivel the media tries to feed you.

ultravikingfan
08-22-2005, 11:53 PM
http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/012.gif Moss!


:lol:

SamDawg84
08-22-2005, 11:56 PM
when are they goin to stop talking about them 2 ?! im getting sick and tired of hearing about them 2. it seems like all they like to do is talk about them 2.

Ltrey33
08-23-2005, 12:48 AM
If I were Cully or Burleson or Williamson I'd just start saying "no comment." He's not on the team anymore, go screw yourselves media.

BBQ Platypus
08-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Well, it makes sense to a media whore. They have a twisted logic of their own.

"Hello, everybody, and welcome to today's broadcast of NFL action on CBS: Because when you're watching CBS, that's exactly what you'll do! Today the Vikings and the Buccaneers will play their first game of the regular season, but NOBODY wants to talk about the actual GAME! What fun would THAT be? No, we're really here to talk about Randy Moss. Here are our analysts to completely gloss over the issues and present their biased, idiotic opinions using no basis of fact whatsoever."

2 1/2 hours later...

"So, there you have it, America. Our pathetically retarded analysts agree: There is no way the Vikings could ever POSSIBLY win without Randy Moss. OH, MY GOSH! Look at the time! The game's already over! Oh, well. Because the media always knows what's best for you, our producers realize that you don't really care about the actual game (or the actual players on the teams that are actually playing) at all. It's not like you want to watch these losers. Everyone knows that you can't win a Super Bowl without a superstar who gets a lot of media attention.

Final Score: Vikings 45, Buccaneers, 3. Not that you care or anything.

whackthepack
08-23-2005, 12:59 AM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Well, it makes sense to a media whore. They have a twisted logic of their own.

"Hello, everybody, and welcome to today's broadcast of NFL action on CBS: Because when you're watching CBS, that's exactly what you'll do! Today the Vikings and the Buccaneers will play their first game of the regular season, but NOBODY wants to talk about the actual GAME! What fun would THAT be? No, we're really here to talk about Randy Moss. Here are our analysts to completely gloss over the issues and present their biased, idiotic opinions using no basis of fact whatsoever."

2 1/2 hours later...

"So, there you have it, America. Our pathetically retarded analysts agree: There is no way the Vikings could ever POSSIBLY win without Randy Moss. OH, MY GOSH! Look at the time! The game's already over! Oh, well. Because the media always knows what's best for you, our producers realize that you don't really care about the actual game (or the actual players on the teams that are actually playing) at all. It's not like you want to watch these losers. Everyone knows that you can't win a Super Bowl without a superstar who gets a lot of media attention.

Final Score: Vikings 45, Buccaneers, 3. Not that you care or anything.


Well put BBQ!!!!!

snowinapril
08-23-2005, 01:10 AM
Get use to hearing for every game this season. It will hopefully be reduced each game, if we are winning that is. But even if we go to the Big Dance, you will hear it.

Get use to it, maybe you will want to watch with the volume off for the first 5 or 10 minutes of the game.

They will be beating the Elmer's Glue Bottle the whole season. Maybe we could fire a coach or something to distract the media from the Moss topic to one at hand.

We can have a sacrificial coach or player for every game!!!!!!!

PurplePackerEater
08-23-2005, 01:40 AM
I told you guys Months ago that this WILL continue throughout the season, "get over it."

midgensa
08-23-2005, 02:36 AM
Yeah, we will hear this for years, especially if we are on the extremes of the spectrum. If we suck or if we are great ... getting rid of Randy will be the reason.

natethegreat
08-23-2005, 02:38 AM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

I told you guys Months ago that this WILL continue throughout the season, "get over it."

yeah i agree 100%, this trade to the media seems like a way bigger deal than T.O. being traded last year

snowinapril
08-23-2005, 03:24 AM
"natethegreat" wrote:

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

I told you guys Months ago that this WILL continue throughout the season, "get over it."

yeah i agree 100%, this trade to the media seems like a way bigger deal than T.O. being traded last year

TO is his own media distraction, he gives them something to talk about so they didn't have to talk about the TRADE. They can talk about all the idiotic things that he does or even try to predict idiotic things he will do in the fututre.

muchluv4smoot
08-23-2005, 03:34 AM
"CanadaViking" wrote:

In years past randy has been a distraction for the team, now that he is gone I think his absence will motivate the troops. For example, do you think a guy like Daunte will appreciate hearing all the 'what ifs' and so on about Randy, I think not.

Before randy was front and center and now he still is and I think it will help to insulate the team and help give them motivation for the upcoming season. these guys are as sick as we are about the subject, however they are the ones that have to do something about it and what more motivation could you have!!!

Cheers!!


Exactly! Think about how much we all get sick of hearing this, and imagine being Nate or Daunte and hearing it 100 times more then we do. It's like a slap in the face to those guys and their abilities, to question them whether they can do it with Moss gone.

I hate hearing these questions over and over, as much as anybody, but I hope the media keeps it up. I guarantee it is HUGE for motivation of our other players. They are out there to prove the doubters wrong, that we can be just fine and even great without moss. They are out to preform and shut the media up. Until the media does stop, it will continue to motivate IMO.

midgensa
08-23-2005, 04:10 AM
To be fair to the media that we love to bash ...
If people did not talk about it and if people did not eat it up, then they would not cover it and would not go into it.
People tune in to the T.O. crap, that is not the media's fault, that is just a fact ... and while the Moss sh*t has been explored from every ... and that means EVERY ... angle on this Web site, plenty of people still like to talk about it when they talk Vikes because they have not discussed it as much as us obsessed fans.
I really don't find it that big of a deal honestly.

countrygirl
08-23-2005, 07:13 PM
I agree. STFU!!!!!

monte
08-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Good riddenens to Moss! Now let's move on and look to the furture and see the Superbowl coming up!

MensaTice
08-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Like it or not, we have to get used to it. We'll probably hear the Moss story line every game for the next couple seasons. Also, its not just the media. People on this board obsess over it. I wish we still had Moss but I am very happy with the team this year so I don't feel the need to share my feelings all the time about Moss being gone but there are plenty on here that do.

VKG4LFE
08-23-2005, 08:44 PM
They need something to report on in the 4th quarter of a preseason game!