PDA

View Full Version : What's the gameplan/objective for tonights game?

Turboe
08-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Obviously other than good execution, gaining cohesion, and all the obvious things that is...

Has anyone back there in the homeland heard any reports or scuttlebut about how long the starters might get, etc. I had heard comments before the Saints/Pats about how both coaches talked about how long they wanted to keep their starters in there and such. Just wondered if anyone has heard comments from Tice as to what their intentions are, and what they are hoping to get out of this game specifically.

I am getting fired up. If I didnt have to go out and mow the lawn after dinner (before 8pm) I would put on my Culpepper jersey. Come to think of it I will put it on anyway since I can always take it back off to mow the lawn.

Gotta get the brats on the grill tonight. I cant wait.......

SKOL
08-19-2005, 10:41 PM
The No. 1 objective for Tice and Daunte is not to pull a Rex Grossman. If that happens we'll be o.k.

English Vike
08-19-2005, 10:44 PM
god im so up for this, so excited, because yes folks, this game is being shown on NASN that i can watch! wow! a real treat, the only one of our pre season games i get to see, gonna be staying up all night to watch it, and in in the morning to work as a lifeguard, hope no one has any trouble swimming tomorrow....

JDogg926
08-19-2005, 10:46 PM
I hope they play most of the first half. I heard that the Jets' starters are supposed to play the whole first half. We usually don't do that until our third preseason game, though. I'd like to see Benneett get at least 10 carries, and I want to see what Williamson can do (although, I'm not sure if he's actually going to play.

ColoradoVike
08-19-2005, 10:57 PM
I want to see our o-line hold and not make mental mistakes like false starts and what not. Other than that, I'm looking forward to watching the team on my new 42" screen!

SKOL
08-19-2005, 11:20 PM
I'd like to see Michael Bennett do more than just pick up blitzes..., but of course I'd like to see Mewelde pick up the blitz. It'll be fun to see if Williamson plays with the first team, and if we try to stretch the field with him. Erasmus looked good against KC's second stringers..., I hope he gets a chance with the first unit tonight.

Mr. Purple
08-19-2005, 11:31 PM
I really excited to see williamson Tonight...really excited...Also smoot should be playing. I cant wait to watch our defense.

tastywaves
08-19-2005, 11:38 PM
Have they said whether Troy will be playing tonight? Love to see him get a little pre-season success.

PurplePackerEater
08-19-2005, 11:59 PM
"Post subject: Re: What's the gameplan/objective for tonights game?"

STAY HEALTHY.

Anything else is a bonus.

Mr. Purple
08-20-2005, 12:05 AM
I'm 90% sure williamson is playin tonight. He needs to get in there.

wink
08-20-2005, 12:07 AM
Stay Healthy... Play and evaluate James, Fason and Bennet.

PurplePackerEater
08-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Welcome aboard "wink".

Where's "Door Country"?

Turboe
08-20-2005, 12:10 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

I really excited to see williamson Tonight...really excited...Also smoot should be playing. I cant wait to watch our defense.

I thought I had heard a couple days ago that Smoot was almost assuredly a no-go for tonight. Is that not true?

And is Williamson still a gametime decision. If that is indeed the case, I just cant imagine them even risking it. Selfishly for instant gratification, I am dying to see him play, but if the guy isnt good enough to go as of yesterday, I think they wont risk it.

Less than 3 Hrs now.....

Ltrey33
08-20-2005, 12:17 AM
I'm not sure about Smoot, last I heard they weren't sure. As far as Williamson goes I'm 99% sure he's playing tonight.

TroyWilliamson
08-20-2005, 12:22 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

I'm not sure about Smoot, last I heard they weren't sure. As far as Williamson goes I'm 99% sure he's playing tonight.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that williamson is ready to go tonight but I could be wrong.

SKOL
08-20-2005, 12:23 AM
Here's a blurb from KFAN on "What to watch:"

Besides the play of Bennett and the top offensive line, there are several things to watch for in Minnesota’s second preseason contest. The kicking battle rages on, with Aaron Elling seemingly holding a slim lead over Paul Edinger. E.J. Henderson will get another start at the weak side linebacker position, but if he doesn’t seem comfortable in his second go-round in a game situation he could be moved back to middle linebacker where he would back up Sam Cowart. Dontarrious Thomas would then move back into the starting will linebacker role. Wide receiver Troy Williamson was practicing again with his teammates during the final day of training camp and could see his first preseason action against the Jets. Matt Birk has an outside chance to see a few plays, but is likely a week away from participating in a game situation.

TheAnimal93
08-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Gameplan: score quick and score often.

Objective: play well and have fun.