PDA

View Full Version : anybody have a good luck charm?

zimtwister
08-18-2005, 10:52 PM
i have a vikings wind catcher and i light a bottle rocket for each td and fg. i light a big rocket for a win.

sunny
08-18-2005, 11:15 PM
I have a twelvepack of beer that mysteriously empties its self during the course of a game :occasion5:

tosstomoss
08-18-2005, 11:50 PM
I do a shot of southern comfort for every touch down and a frosted mug of coors light for every field goal :occasion5:

ultravikingfan
08-18-2005, 11:55 PM
"sunny" wrote:

I have a twelvepack of beer that mysteriously empties its self during the course of a game :occasion5:

That is too funny!

I just watch the game all alone. Once in awhile I let me son watch it with me until he starts asking too many questions. :lol:

PurplePeopleEaters
08-18-2005, 11:58 PM
I watch alone. During the games I pace around the room and if the vikes are losing I switch TV's or jerseys/ apparell. Good thing I have satellite on all TV's in the house!

mnjamie
08-19-2005, 06:15 AM
Zim ... everytime the Vikes score, I rub my lucky straight jacket I bought at your yard sale. Seriously man, get to the store and get your med's !!! j/k

TehRevolutionist
08-19-2005, 04:29 PM
I have one of those Cris Carter headliner figures...you know, those little figures with the huge heads lol. That's been my good luck charm ever since I got it. Also got into the habit of burning incense for each game.

JDogg926
08-19-2005, 04:35 PM
I got a 14K gold chain with a 14K gold Ragnar Vikings charm for Christmas when I was 17. I wear it about everyday. I forgot it yesterday, and I felt naked. I never once forgot it for gameday, though.

I've had some strange superstitions/rituals in the past. I've posted them on different threads before so I won't go into detail now. Except for last season in the playoffs. My, jackbutt friend Erik, took my Vikings hat (we were at BW-3's watching the game against GB) and the next play the Vikings scored, so I let him wear the hat the rest of the game. He also wore it for the Eagles game, which didn't work too well.

VKG4LFE
08-19-2005, 07:22 PM
I watch the game alone usually cuz my gf is the devil when it comes to the games. It seems like everytime she comes into the room during a game something bad happens!! It's that stupid packer karma that she has!! I'm more superstitious than having a good luck charm!

V4L
08-19-2005, 07:26 PM
I have a vikings pair of boxers that everytime I end up wearing we win.. I don't wear them every Sunday though

VKG4LFE
08-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Why? We would win the superbowl every year and we would be undefeated every year!! C'mon vikez4lyfe you're killing us!! lol

V4L
08-19-2005, 07:29 PM
HAHA V4.. Ill wear them more often.. As a matter of fact I think i'll have to sport them tonight test them out in preseason :)

VKG4LFE
08-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Git r done!! lol

Mr. Purple
08-19-2005, 07:32 PM
I got a vikes hat that i bought about 3 years ago, and i just love the style and design. I make sure i wear an away jersey when we're away and my home one when we're home. Thats about it...I also like to watch the game alone...and I tend to Yell and scream....alot:)

VKG4LFE
08-19-2005, 07:33 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

I got a vikes hat that i bought about 3 years ago, and i just love the style and design. I make sure i wear an away jersey when we're away and my home one when we're home. Thats about it...I also like to watch the game alone...and I tend to Yell and scream....alot:)

That makes two of us!! lol

Ltrey33
08-19-2005, 08:19 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

I watch alone. During the games I pace around the room and if the vikes are losing I switch TV's or jerseys/ apparell. Good thing I have satellite on all TV's in the house!

My dad and I have this thing where we switch seats if they're not doing well.

SharperImage42
08-19-2005, 09:37 PM
i have a beanie i bought after the cardinals game, it helped us beat the packers, and the jaguars, but i misplace it sometime

PAvikesfan
08-19-2005, 09:44 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I watch the game alone usually cuz my gf is the devil when it comes to the games. It seems like everytime she comes into the room during a game something bad happens!! It's that stupid packer karma that she has!! I'm more superstitious than having a good luck charm!

haha...i notice that happens with my woman too sometimes...it usually happens when she is getting sick of me sitting for 2 hours and she starts requesting more attention than i am willing to give. maybe that is bad luck--me being distracted is badluck? holy crap...shite, i forgot what i was talking about..i got distracted.

lol.

PAvikesfan
08-19-2005, 09:46 PM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

My dad and I have this thing where we switch seats if they're not doing well.

is one seat more prone to the 'dark side'? i feel much anger clouding the chair on the right, i do.

j/k

zimtwister
08-19-2005, 10:01 PM
its weird that most of you watch the games alone i hate watching with other people. i want to concentrate on the game. and i dont answer the phone either!

6-KINGS
08-19-2005, 10:11 PM
That is too funny!

I just watch the game all alone. Once in awhile I let me son watch it with me until he starts asking too many questions. :lol:[/quote]

CHILD ABUSE!!!!

How else Sir Ultra will your properly train your son in Viking Football.

The football GODS love that stuff and will bless your team for passing the torch to your kids!

Says so right here in the Book Of 6-KINGS.

AMEN!

6-KINGS
08-19-2005, 10:14 PM
I have the best Lucky Charm of all.

But it only works when my wife rubs it.

Everytime she rub my Lucky Charm, she gets LUCKY!

LOL!!!!!!!!

OOh I crack myself up sometimes.

JDogg926
08-19-2005, 10:17 PM
I usually prefer the game alone, but I like to watch it with my son, when he's into the game. Which is somewhat rare, considering he's not quite 3. This season, I'm going to bring my bedroom TV into the living room, so he can watch Baby Einstein or Buzz Lightyear, while I watch the game. Of course his volume will be lower.

JDogg926
08-19-2005, 10:23 PM
I may not want him in the same room, though, for a couple of the games (mainly the Packers and at the Bears), because I might get a little emotional and want to throw or slam stuff (luckily, I have some soft stuff, a mini vikings plush football,etc.)

But, I still don't want him to see me lose my temper.

Prophet
08-19-2005, 10:46 PM
I record the games and watch the recorded version most of the time. During game time I go into seclusion (no phone calls, no visits to the store, no computer, no radio, nothing that will potentially tell me what happened in the game). That's easier to do now that I live in the south.

For the pregame ritual I usually deflate the tires on my car and breath that air for a half hour before kickoff. This is followed by filling any gopher or mole holes in my yard with gasoline and torching them right before the opening kickoff. During the game I typically will shoot buckshot into the picture window if the opposiing team scores first. At half-time I will usually go outside and put out the fires from the gopher/rodent holes and reinflate the tires of my vehicle. The second half usually entails getting dressed in full armor and destroying things with a baseball bat, depending on how the game is going. My post-game ritual consists of repairing/replacing the various items around the house and trying to explain to my neighbors, wife, and kids that this was all normal.

The whole ritual was started because I lost my lucky purple rabbit's foot back in 1971.

God I love football. Let the games begin.

PurplePeopleEaters
08-19-2005, 10:53 PM
"zimtwister" wrote:

its weird that most of you watch the games alone i hate watching with other people. i want to concentrate on the game. and i dont answer the phone either!

Same rule for me. No answering the phone unless it is a commercial. And one more superstition. It is a new one from last year. In both 34-31's against the packers and in a bout half of the games we lost I ate Quesadilla's for lunch. No more eating quesadilla's an game day. :???:

douginc
08-19-2005, 11:17 PM
when I was little I had a really big purple colored mineral rock that I thought brought the Vikings luck. I still have it, just in case it is good luck. Also, during the '98 season, I thought that my plush Vikings helmet w/ braids were good luck if placed on top of the tv during the game. The one time I didn't do it was the Tampa game that we lost.

kingjames99
08-20-2005, 12:29 AM
As for me, a superstition I had started back during the '98 season. I wouldn't shave my face on game days. Wouldn't you know it the two times I did (yep you guessed it) the Tampa Bay game and the Conference Championship game against the Falcons. At that point in the season I figured I was being silly with superstitions and if they Vikes were going to win they were going to win. How wrong I was! Since I've kept the beard I'll have to come up with a new one. Sorry guys for costing us the SB! LOL

Prophet
08-20-2005, 08:39 PM
So, do good luck charms work in the preseason?