PDA

View Full Version : Incidents at Training Camp?

Turboe
08-18-2005, 05:12 AM
I was reading a story about training camp at Mankato breaking and the team moving north for all subsequent training work for the rest of the off season.

The following paragraph was in the story: "Inside the fences, the team enjoyed a productive, relatively uneventful camp -- which is saying something given the variety of distractions Minnesota has endured here in recent years."

What specifically are they talking about? What distractions have happened in recent years at training camp? Have there been specific incidents?

PurplePeopleEaters
08-18-2005, 05:16 AM
Not sure and didn't want to start a new thread but check ou this Pic! LOL Pat Williams is going to clog up the middle.

I think that the distractions are likely Moss and Onterrio and people like that gone.

http://kfan.com/vikings/camp2005/photoviewer/0817/14.jpg

smootpepper
08-18-2005, 05:18 AM
"Turboe" wrote:

I was reading a story about training camp at Mankato breaking and the team moving north for all subsequent training work for the rest of the off season.

The following paragraph was in the story: "Inside the fences, the team enjoyed a productive, relatively uneventful camp -- which is saying something given the variety of distractions Minnesota has endured here in recent years."

What specifically are they talking about? What distractions have happened in recent years at training camp? Have there been specific incidents?

All I remember is the annual brawl that the vikes and chiefs get into every year during joint practices and scrimages.

whackthepack
08-18-2005, 04:09 PM
I think they are referring to the death of Kory Stringer, last year when Onterrio failed his drug test and when Underwood left camp after the 1st day (great pick Denny).

litlharsh
08-19-2005, 07:06 AM
There were a couple of confrontations in camp, but Tice seemed happy about it, calling it intensity.

natethegreat
08-20-2005, 08:56 AM
i think kory's passing was a big one, and onterrio and his weed