PDA

View Full Version : Burleson has hops!



akvikefan89
08-17-2005, 10:39 AM
LIFE WITHOUT RANDY ...

Largely unnoticed, receiver Nate Burleson made one of the more amazing moves of training camp Tuesday morning. As the receivers group jogged to a drill, Burleson caught up to receiver Daryl Jones. Burleson put his hands on Jones' shoulders and then leapfrogged him as Jones stood straight. Burleson cleared the 5-9 Jones' head by at least a foot.



That's not too shabby :shock:

digital420
08-17-2005, 12:05 PM
NICE!!!

can't wait to see him flying up 2 grab balls over D's heads!!!!

nothing can be wrong when u got a name like Nate


DiGiTaL

Ltrey33
08-17-2005, 02:23 PM
That's pretty sweet. Must have been a slow day at practice though for them to print that.

PurpleTide
08-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Nate has a 42" vertical leap and will be just as much a threat in the red zone as M Robinson.

VKG4LFE
08-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Sweet!

ColoradoVike
08-17-2005, 05:23 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about how Burleson likes to brew beer in his spare time and share it with the other team mates at camp. While what you report is interesting, you got my hopes up and am now unfulfilled.

Ltrey33
08-17-2005, 09:58 PM
"PurpleTide" wrote:

Nate has a 42" vertical leap and will be just as much a threat in the red zone as M Robinson.

I'm not sure about that though. Robinson still has a couple of inches in height on him. And people say that because Moss is 6'5 and has a 40" vertical and Burly is 6'1 and has a 42" vertical he can basically get as high as Moss, but I say fooey on that. Just because they can jump as high doesn't mean they can get THAT high the same time each jump, and it's also a lot easier for a 6'5 guy to get higher quicker than it is for a 6'1 guy, if for no other reason than he's got a 4" head start. I still say Moss and Robinson are much better jump ball guys than Burly.

nextvikingsstar
08-17-2005, 10:39 PM
i dont think anyone is arguing that but against defenses burly is a threat with his 42 inch vert specially sinnce not many db's are 6'1 and not many have a vert like that

LuckyVike
08-17-2005, 10:54 PM
"PurpleTide" wrote:

Nate has a 42" vertical leap and will be just as much a threat in the red zone as M Robinson.

Nice! I didn't know Nate could jump that high...

PurplePeopleEaters
08-17-2005, 11:39 PM
That is awesome. I think we are fine in the red zone with M-rob anyways but with Burly added that just makes me feel so much better.

RandyMoss8404
08-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Clearly Burleson is as much of a red zone threat as Robinson or Moss would be. After all, his vertical jump makes him effectively as tall.

And obviously that must mean it makes his arms as long too, right??!?

Del Rio
08-18-2005, 12:05 AM
You know what I really like about him, the guy can block like a truck. That's refreshing on our team. If anyone wants proof of who blocks and who used to run around like a victim of chronic wasting disease watch the highlight film on the homepage.

While you are checking out his blocks, look at his YAC, and his TD's. Watch him willingly going over the middle. A well rounded guy who brings a lot to the table.

Oh and apparently he can leap skyscrapers.

pigskinronin
08-18-2005, 01:11 AM
Well, we got a speedster in Williamson, the height and jump ball threat from Robinson --- I would just like to see Burleson become an excellent possession receiver.

We were all spoiled with Cris Carter! Was there any receivers better at using their body to create space to make the catch?

audioghost
08-18-2005, 01:24 AM
"pigskinronin" wrote:

Well, we got a speedster in Williamson, the height and jump ball threat from Robinson --- I would just like to see Burleson become an excellent possession receiver.

We were all spoiled with Cris Carter! Was there any receivers better at using their body to create space to make the catch?


No there wasn't...Carter was the man, a legend!

audioghost
08-18-2005, 01:26 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

LIFE WITHOUT RANDY ...

Largely unnoticed, receiver Nate Burleson made one of the more amazing moves of training camp Tuesday morning. As the receivers group jogged to a drill, Burleson caught up to receiver Daryl Jones. Burleson put his hands on Jones' shoulders and then leapfrogged him as Jones stood straight. Burleson cleared the 5-9 Jones' head by at least a foot.



That's not too shabby :shock:


Haven't you guys ever leapfrogged..? You can leap frog anyone that stands still.....its more about the using your arms to push yourself over...I once leapfrogged a 6'8" lineman in high school as part of a dare....

Mr. Purple
08-18-2005, 01:27 AM
I've watched that High light video probably 10 times...and the catch where Nate Dawg Catches it and a defender comes, he turns, missin him and another defender and keeps goin...freakin sick

akvikefan89
08-18-2005, 01:30 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

LIFE WITHOUT RANDY ...

Largely unnoticed, receiver Nate Burleson made one of the more amazing moves of training camp Tuesday morning. As the receivers group jogged to a drill, Burleson caught up to receiver Daryl Jones. Burleson put his hands on Jones' shoulders and then leapfrogged him as Jones stood straight. Burleson cleared the 5-9 Jones' head by at least a foot.



That's not too shabby :shock:


Haven't you guys ever leapfrogged..? You can leap frog anyone that stands still.....its more about the using your arms to push yourself over...I once leapfrogged a 6'8" lineman in high school as part of a dare....
Yeah, but the guy wasn't standing still, he was jogging, "He caught up to reciever Daryl Jones". He also cleared his head by a foot. It's pretty impressive.

RandyMoss8404
08-18-2005, 01:34 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

You know what I really like about him, the guy can block like a truck. That's refreshing on our team. If anyone wants proof of who blocks and who used to run around like a victim of chronic wasting disease watch the highlight film on the homepage.

While you are checking out his blocks, look at his YAC, and his TD's. Watch him willingly going over the middle. A well rounded guy who brings a lot to the table.

Oh and apparently he can leap skyscrapers.

Watch that film again. Burleson only gets one knockdown block, and is involved in less than a certain other receiver, who simply isn't heavy enough to knock anyone down

Please note who sealed Al Harris and pinned Darren Sharper on the Moe TD in the playoffs ;)

But this is a moot point. My Nate Burleson jersey is on order.

audioghost
08-18-2005, 01:39 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

LIFE WITHOUT RANDY ...

Largely unnoticed, receiver Nate Burleson made one of the more amazing moves of training camp Tuesday morning. As the receivers group jogged to a drill, Burleson caught up to receiver Daryl Jones. Burleson put his hands on Jones' shoulders and then leapfrogged him as Jones stood straight. Burleson cleared the 5-9 Jones' head by at least a foot.



That's not too shabby :shock:


Haven't you guys ever leapfrogged..? You can leap frog anyone that stands still.....its more about the using your arms to push yourself over...I once leapfrogged a 6'8" lineman in high school as part of a dare....
Yeah, but the guy wasn't standing still, he was jogging, "He caught up to reciever Daryl Jones". He also cleared his head by a foot. It's pretty impressive.


Seriously man, try it....find someone who is 5'9", make em' jog and do it....I guarentee you won't be as impressed.....its LEAP FROG, not LEAP OVER....it has nothing to do with his vertical....I guarentee you without a doubt that I can leap frog a 5'9" man or woman jogging...GUARENTEE, if you don't believe me try it yourself...if we ever meet somewhere I'll leapfrog you! Its really not that amazing of a feat!

audioghost
08-18-2005, 01:45 AM
He didn't jump over him....he did a leapfrog.....you just run faster than someone jogging, jump and hoist yourself over by putting your arms on their shoulders......hasn't anyone done this??? Xcept me and Nate??? Honestly its not that big of a deal.....when I leapfrogged Ryan Schuttloffel, a 6'8" O and D lineman in football practice in high school I flew so high, it was crazy.....but it was more about the hoist than the jump.....

audioghost
08-18-2005, 01:46 AM
Look, I'm sure Nate has hops....but this doesn't prove anything!

audioghost
08-18-2005, 01:48 AM
Cuz I did it, and I consider myself an athlete, even to this day....but I'm nowhere near an NFL player.....plus I have bad knees, and I could do it right now if you were here

akvikefan89
08-18-2005, 01:48 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

LIFE WITHOUT RANDY ...

Largely unnoticed, receiver Nate Burleson made one of the more amazing moves of training camp Tuesday morning. As the receivers group jogged to a drill, Burleson caught up to receiver Daryl Jones. Burleson put his hands on Jones' shoulders and then leapfrogged him as Jones stood straight. Burleson cleared the 5-9 Jones' head by at least a foot.



That's not too shabby :shock:


Haven't you guys ever leapfrogged..? You can leap frog anyone that stands still.....its more about the using your arms to push yourself over...I once leapfrogged a 6'8" lineman in high school as part of a dare....
Yeah, but the guy wasn't standing still, he was jogging, "He caught up to reciever Daryl Jones". He also cleared his head by a foot. It's pretty impressive.


Seriously man, try it....find someone who is 5'9", make em' jog and do it....I guarentee you won't be as impressed.....its LEAP FROG, not LEAP OVER....it has nothing to do with his vertical....I guarentee you without a doubt that I can leap frog a 5'9" man or woman jogging...GUARENTEE, if you don't believe me try it yourself...if we ever meet somewhere I'll leapfrog you! Its really not that amazing of a feat!
I understand that it was leapfrog. It is not an easy thing to do when jogging though, no matter how easy it may seem. Football teams don't jog slowly either...

If you ever come up to AK I'll do some jogging and you can try it, how's that sound? :lol:

audioghost
08-18-2005, 01:52 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

LIFE WITHOUT RANDY ...

Largely unnoticed, receiver Nate Burleson made one of the more amazing moves of training camp Tuesday morning. As the receivers group jogged to a drill, Burleson caught up to receiver Daryl Jones. Burleson put his hands on Jones' shoulders and then leapfrogged him as Jones stood straight. Burleson cleared the 5-9 Jones' head by at least a foot.



That's not too shabby :shock:


Haven't you guys ever leapfrogged..? You can leap frog anyone that stands still.....its more about the using your arms to push yourself over...I once leapfrogged a 6'8" lineman in high school as part of a dare....
Yeah, but the guy wasn't standing still, he was jogging, "He caught up to reciever Daryl Jones". He also cleared his head by a foot. It's pretty impressive.


Seriously man, try it....find someone who is 5'9", make em' jog and do it....I guarentee you won't be as impressed.....its LEAP FROG, not LEAP OVER....it has nothing to do with his vertical....I guarentee you without a doubt that I can leap frog a 5'9" man or woman jogging...GUARENTEE, if you don't believe me try it yourself...if we ever meet somewhere I'll leapfrog you! Its really not that amazing of a feat!
I understand that it was leapfrog. It is not an easy thing to do when jogging though, no matter how easy it may seem. Football teams don't jog slowly either...

If you ever come up to AK I'll do some jogging and you can try it, how's that sound? :lol:


If I ever meet any of you PPO guys, I WILL leapfrog them and have a witness! I promise you.....I'll make a video of me doing it to someone if I can....I'll find someone taller than 5'9"......not even kidding


How tall are you AK???? Try it yourself! I promise you can do it.....how much do you weight.....if you weigh less than 250, and you are not a midget, you can do it!

audioghost
08-18-2005, 01:53 AM
DO any of you guys live in SD, or go to school here....or live near the border....???? I want to prove this! Seriously, I have done it before!

V-Unit
08-18-2005, 01:53 AM
I leapfrogged a 6-1 friend of mine, made it over him but botched the landing. I fell from about 9 feet in the air on my left shoulder on solid pavement. It hurt but I wasn't anywhere near sober so I just shook it off.

So I guess if you are going to try it be drunk in case you fall wrong, haha.

Justin311
08-18-2005, 01:55 AM
this is all i need to see about is leaping

http://www.kfan.com/vikings/camp2005/photoviewer/devcamp/07.jpg

akvikefan89
08-18-2005, 01:56 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:


LIFE WITHOUT RANDY ...

Largely unnoticed, receiver Nate Burleson made one of the more amazing moves of training camp Tuesday morning. As the receivers group jogged to a drill, Burleson caught up to receiver Daryl Jones. Burleson put his hands on Jones' shoulders and then leapfrogged him as Jones stood straight. Burleson cleared the 5-9 Jones' head by at least a foot.



That's not too shabby :shock:


Haven't you guys ever leapfrogged..? You can leap frog anyone that stands still.....its more about the using your arms to push yourself over...I once leapfrogged a 6'8" lineman in high school as part of a dare....
Yeah, but the guy wasn't standing still, he was jogging, "He caught up to reciever Daryl Jones". He also cleared his head by a foot. It's pretty impressive.


Seriously man, try it....find someone who is 5'9", make em' jog and do it....I guarentee you won't be as impressed.....its LEAP FROG, not LEAP OVER....it has nothing to do with his vertical....I guarentee you without a doubt that I can leap frog a 5'9" man or woman jogging...GUARENTEE, if you don't believe me try it yourself...if we ever meet somewhere I'll leapfrog you! Its really not that amazing of a feat!
I understand that it was leapfrog. It is not an easy thing to do when jogging though, no matter how easy it may seem. Football teams don't jog slowly either...

If you ever come up to AK I'll do some jogging and you can try it, how's that sound? :lol:


If I ever meet any of you PPO guys, I WILL leapfrog them and have a witness! I promise you.....I'll make a video of me doing it to someone if I can....I'll find someone taller than 5'9"......not even kidding


How tall are you AK???? Try it yourself! I promise you can do it.....how much do you weight.....if you weigh less than 250, and you are not a midget, you can do it!
LOL. I'm 6 foot, 150. I'll try it. If I can do it I'll take my hat off to you, (but remember, he cleared his head by at least a foot...)

audioghost
08-18-2005, 02:05 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:



LIFE WITHOUT RANDY ...

Largely unnoticed, receiver Nate Burleson made one of the more amazing moves of training camp Tuesday morning. As the receivers group jogged to a drill, Burleson caught up to receiver Daryl Jones. Burleson put his hands on Jones' shoulders and then leapfrogged him as Jones stood straight. Burleson cleared the 5-9 Jones' head by at least a foot.



That's not too shabby :shock:


Haven't you guys ever leapfrogged..? You can leap frog anyone that stands still.....its more about the using your arms to push yourself over...I once leapfrogged a 6'8" lineman in high school as part of a dare....
Yeah, but the guy wasn't standing still, he was jogging, "He caught up to reciever Daryl Jones". He also cleared his head by a foot. It's pretty impressive.


Seriously man, try it....find someone who is 5'9", make em' jog and do it....I guarentee you won't be as impressed.....its LEAP FROG, not LEAP OVER....it has nothing to do with his vertical....I guarentee you without a doubt that I can leap frog a 5'9" man or woman jogging...GUARENTEE, if you don't believe me try it yourself...if we ever meet somewhere I'll leapfrog you! Its really not that amazing of a feat!
I understand that it was leapfrog. It is not an easy thing to do when jogging though, no matter how easy it may seem. Football teams don't jog slowly either...

If you ever come up to AK I'll do some jogging and you can try it, how's that sound? :lol:


If I ever meet any of you PPO guys, I WILL leapfrog them and have a witness! I promise you.....I'll make a video of me doing it to someone if I can....I'll find someone taller than 5'9"......not even kidding


How tall are you AK???? Try it yourself! I promise you can do it.....how much do you weight.....if you weigh less than 250, and you are not a midget, you can do it!
LOL. I'm 6 foot, 150. I'll try it. If I can do it I'll take my hat off to you, (but remember, he cleared his head by at least a foot...)


In high school I was 6 foot 175, now I probably weigh like 190....and I leapfrogged a 6'8" 300 pounder....you'll see its not about hops....I guarentee you....I can do that, but I could never dunk a on a 10 foot hoop....I can hang on the rim, but not dunk....so this tells me its not about hops... YOU GET SOME AIR LEAPFROGGING man, so be prepared for it....i flew and I was like holy sh*t! Do it in the grass, make sure there's a good landing.....

muchluv4smoot
08-18-2005, 02:09 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

You know what I really like about him, the guy can block like a truck. That's refreshing on our team. If anyone wants proof of who blocks and who used to run around like a victim of chronic wasting disease watch the highlight film on the homepage.

While you are checking out his blocks, look at his YAC, and his TD's. Watch him willingly going over the middle. A well rounded guy who brings a lot to the table.

Oh and apparently he can leap skyscrapers.

Watch that film again. Burleson only gets one knockdown block, and is involved in less than a certain other receiver, who simply isn't heavy enough to knock anyone down

Please note who sealed Al Harris and pinned Darren Sharper on the Moe TD in the playoffs ;)

But this is a moot point. My Nate Burleson jersey is on order.



Dude, have you ever given Burleson any props? :grin:

muchluv4smoot
08-18-2005, 02:14 AM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Nate has a 42" vertical leap and will be just as much a threat in the red zone as M Robinson.

Nice! I didn't know Nate could jump that high...



I think a lot of vikings fans didn't know that he could jump so high. The reason being, he was never asked to, so far in his viking career. With Moss and M-Rob being so good at going up and getting the high balls, Daunte never really threw any jump balls to Nate. Nate was more of the possession guy, who Daunte pretty much never tried to force the ball to, if he wasn't open.

We will get to see a lot more of Nate going up and getting the ball this season, with him as our #1. I have no doubt he can be every bit as effective as Robinson is in the Redzone. Nate has great body control and I think he has the edge over robinson there.

audioghost
08-18-2005, 02:15 AM
"V-Unit" wrote:

I leapfrogged a 6-1 friend of mine, made it over him but botched the landing. I fell from about 9 feet in the air on my left shoulder on solid pavement. It hurt but I wasn't anywhere near sober so I just shook it off.

So I guess if you are going to try it be drunk in case you fall wrong, haha.


If a guy who is piss drunk can do it, you can too!

WBLVikeBabe
08-18-2005, 06:21 AM
I don't think it's a matter of how high Burleson can jump, all I know is that he is awesome!!! He has defnitley taken over as my new favorite player and I will for sure be sporting a number 81 jersey this year. Can't wait to see that stiff arm of his again!!

RandyMoss8404
08-18-2005, 06:40 AM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

You know what I really like about him, the guy can block like a truck. That's refreshing on our team. If anyone wants proof of who blocks and who used to run around like a victim of chronic wasting disease watch the highlight film on the homepage.

While you are checking out his blocks, look at his YAC, and his TD's. Watch him willingly going over the middle. A well rounded guy who brings a lot to the table.

Oh and apparently he can leap skyscrapers.

Watch that film again. Burleson only gets one knockdown block, and is involved in less than a certain other receiver, who simply isn't heavy enough to knock anyone down

Please note who sealed Al Harris and pinned Darren Sharper on the Moe TD in the playoffs ;)

But this is a moot point. My Nate Burleson jersey is on order.



Dude, have you ever given Burleson any props? :grin:

I LIKE Nate Burleson, I just don't know if he can carry us to a Super Bowl.

And I want to see him jump with Ronde Barber in the red zone on opening day. Then he'll have my confidence.

DaunteHOF
08-19-2005, 01:04 AM
damn, I miss Cris Carter's hands...

modena11
08-19-2005, 07:32 AM
not many receiver can carry a team to the super bowl

that comment was ridiculous