PDA

View Full Version : YIKES! Vikings going down?

bono
08-17-2005, 01:39 AM
I posted a question some odd days ago, asking which team -if the Vikings were to beat this coming season- would be considered an upset. Not too many Viking Lovers could see one. I remember stating something about the team's Dec. 18 opponents, Pitts. Steelers, being a team that -if they were to beat- would be an upset.
I'm not sure if those who responded, agreed w/ me.
After seeing, however, the way their first team offense/defense played last night against the Eagles first team offense/defense, I'm am oh so more convinced that this might be the toughest team they'll face this season!!!! The Steelers REALLY look GREAT out there!
Now, what are the chances that some of it was simply the Eagles not being as good as many folks believed?
If the Vikings can get a win against these guys, I might have no other choice but to JUMP ON THE PURPLE BANGWAGON!!! (any room let, lads/lasses?!)

akvikefan89
08-17-2005, 01:41 AM
...The Steelers looked good in a pre-season game. Yippie... :roll:

LosAngelis
08-17-2005, 01:42 AM
"bono" wrote:

If the Vikings can get a win against these guys, I might have no other choice but to JUMP ON THE PURPLE BANGWAGON!!! (any room let, lads/lasses?!)

I don't know what disturbs me more...a Packer fan pledging alliegence to the Vikings, or the fact you want to jump on a "Bangwagon".

magicci
08-17-2005, 01:43 AM
lol this is strange.

bono
08-17-2005, 01:46 AM
Oh come on, Los!
It's only pre-season. Relax! Have some fun! Take advantage of this opportunity to be on one accord w/ these Viking Lovers. 'Cause come Sept., it's WAR!!!!

Space Coyote
08-17-2005, 01:48 AM
I want to go with the Eagles playing bad. The game ended up being almost close, but when the first stringers were in it was so lopsided... The Steelers are good, but not so good that they are going to blank the Eagles in a real game. No, the Eagles offense was lacking something. And I'm really not just referring to #81.

LosAngelis
08-17-2005, 01:57 AM
Oooohhhhh! I forgot the secret "Packer Preseason" code. :-)

bono
08-17-2005, 02:04 AM
Real cute, Los! Real cute.

Space Coyote
08-17-2005, 03:02 AM
Guh?

Caine
08-17-2005, 03:08 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"bono" wrote:

I don't know what disturbs me more...a Packer fan pledging alliegence to the Vikings, or the fact you want to jump on a "Bangwagon".

Bono, as Los well knows, Viking fans don't have same-sex "Bangwagons". We have co-ed ones, but you need to bring your own (human) partner (alive) with you (oh..make sure she's not related to you too).

Now, if you meant you wanted to jump on the "BANDwagon", well, that's another story. The Viking bandwagons are currently on tour, and will soon be comming to a town near you. You can spot them quite easily as they are populated by people wearing brand new Viking garb...some with the tags still on. Feel free to jump on.

By the way, when the bandwagon reaches those cliffs, don't worry...they can fly. Really, I wouldn't lie.

Caine

bono
08-17-2005, 03:24 AM
oh crap! I didn't realize the error I made. I meant to say "BANDWAGON," not "BANGWAGON."
Sorry.

C-PepNSalt
08-17-2005, 03:28 AM
doesn't matter how smart you are sometimes, those internet nazi's will point you out and hang you everytime!
Especially if you are a packer fan haha.

ultravikingfan
08-17-2005, 03:29 AM
I respect you as a loyal Packer fan.

You lose all respect if you jump ship.

Don't be spineless and ride out the storm.

bono
08-17-2005, 03:41 AM
Ultra,
I'm only joking around! I wouldn't REALLY jump on the Viking bandwagon. Heck, I wouldn't jump on any bandwagon.
PACKER BACKER for life!!!!!
I'm just trying to make some conversation, ya heard?!!!!
Don't take me too serious during this preseason, Ultra.
p.s. Cool quote from ya, Ultra: "Don't be spineless and ride out the storm."!!!!
I might have to exclaim that to some of my co-workers in the Sports Department at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, during the upcoming busy high school prep football season, when it gets REALLY crazy around here.

shockzilla
08-17-2005, 03:42 AM
I always knew you swung both ways, Bono.

:lol:

ultravikingfan
08-17-2005, 03:44 AM
"shockzilla" wrote:

I always knew you swung both ways, Bono.

:lol:

:shock:

bono
08-17-2005, 03:45 AM
Nawl Shockzilla,
I left all the swinging both ways to you, lad!!!!!

ultravikingfan
08-17-2005, 03:48 AM
"bono" wrote:

Nawl Shockzilla,
I left all the swinging both ways to you, lad!!!!!

Weak! http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/059.gif

bono
08-17-2005, 03:50 AM
Okay,
how about this one, Ultra:
"Shockzilla, there's nothing fruity about a Bono. Don't you know you're gonna SHOCK the Monkey!"

RandyMoss8404
08-17-2005, 03:54 AM
http://www.kino.de/pix/newspics/158861_1.jpg

Are you being funny?

bono
08-17-2005, 04:01 AM
yeah

LuckyVike
08-17-2005, 04:43 AM
That was a pretty weak attempt to be funny... :roll:

Mr Anderson
08-17-2005, 04:49 AM
Okay, I'm gonna step in and stop all of this talk about "Bangwagons" and swinging both ways.

I think the steelers defense and running game is great. Their DBs aren't nearly as good as their rush defense, but they aren't bad.

I think Big Ben will be horrifically bad this year though. I think he will play like he did in the playoffs last year. And without a QB you're screwed I don't care how good your running game and recievers and defense are, look at the Ravens.

I will be very happy if we beat them, but if we lose Ill still be really pissed.

LuckyVike
08-17-2005, 04:53 AM
"Mr Anderson" wrote:

Okay, I'm gonna step in and stop all of this talk about "Bangwagons" and swinging both ways.

I think the steelers defense and running game is great. Their DBs aren't nearly as good as their rush defense, but they aren't bad.

I think Big Ben will be horrifically bad this year though. I think he will play like he did in the playoffs last year. And without a QB you're screwed I don't care how good your running game and recievers and defense are, look at the Ravens.

I will be very happy if we beat them, but if we lose Ill still be really pissed.

That's how I am every game.

ultravikingfan
08-17-2005, 05:11 AM
Big Ben could be average, and they would still be good. Not saying they will beat us, but its gonna be a good game.

RandyMoss8404
08-17-2005, 05:40 AM
Clearly Big Ben will go from 15-0 (counting playoffs) to being horrible

Did you think before you said that, Mr Anderson?

LuckyVike
08-17-2005, 06:53 AM
I think Ben is a good QB and all, don't get me wrong but I think his success had a lot to do with the team he was on and the system he was in. Team they played against had a lot of guy in the box to stop Pitts running game which made passing significantly easier for him and also if you watched any of his games you'd see that a lot of his passes were relatively short.

mnjamie
08-17-2005, 07:36 AM
Again, I think our toughest game will be Atlanta on the road. Their "D" is better than everyone is giving them credit for.

The Steelers will be average this year, RB's will show their age and WR's will be average .... and you can't count on Ben having the year he had last year again. IMO

ultravikingfan
08-17-2005, 09:55 AM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

I think Ben is a good QB and all, don't get me wrong but I think his success had a lot to do with the team he was on and the system he was in. Team they played against had a lot of guy in the box to stop Pitts running game which made passing significantly easier for him and also if you watched any of his games you'd see that a lot of his passes were relatively short.

He is still on that team and in that system. He just did not make any mistakes (until the playoffs) and was very efficient. He averaged 21 attempts per game (Pep averaged 34) and had the 5th best rating for a starter. Passing is not Pitts game, running is. And when they needed a pass Big Ben delivered.

Kleinsasser40
08-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Bono...Its funny, I am beginning to be able to spot your threads by the title. You are very predictable...

toemaster6
08-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Now that Big Ben is dating Natalie Gulbis I wonder if he's had the opportunity to play the back nine if you know what I mean.

VKG4LFE
08-17-2005, 05:32 PM
They broke up.

PurpleAndy
08-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Anyone remember back in the day when the Vikings played the Steelers, the Steelers got called for 12 men on the field even though they had 11, and Cowher stuffed the picture of the field in the referee's shirt?

Good times.

Del Rio
08-17-2005, 06:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/bartnd/fatruben.gif

VKG4LFE
08-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Where's Joemama!