PDA

View Full Version : STATS ARE JUST STATS

dan3ski
03-13-2004, 07:04 PM
As far as I am concerned the defensive rankings of the nfl were not a major factor. In case no one noticed last season the Vikings "D" dropped ten places last season in thier bye week. I will admit I was dumb-founded by this fact when it happend and the top ranked "D" in the NFL last season did not even make it to the conference finals.

snausages
03-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Stats are just stats unless you're a Viqueens fan- because stats are the only thing that you humps have to be proud of. Randy and Dante put up excellent numbers. That's the major difference between the Packers fan and the Viqueens fan- you enjoy stats, we enjoy winning.

Deleted_User_2360
03-13-2004, 07:25 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by snausages

Stats are just stats unless you're a Viqueens fan- because stats are the only thing that you humps have to be proud of. Randy and Dante put up excellent numbers. That's the major difference between the Packers fan and the Viqueens fan- you enjoy stats, we enjoy winning.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Vikeman, Better take note.......He's talking to you.

RandyMoss8404
03-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Shutup Buck you ignorant dumbass!!!!

Deleted_User_2360
03-13-2004, 07:36 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by RandyMoss8404

LOL......Good one!

ItalianStallion
03-13-2004, 08:09 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by buck

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by RandyMoss8404

LOL......Good one!

No seriously, I think we are all tired of hearing it. Using statistic to support your argument are alot better than constantly saying "Mommy, he called me a dumbass". Did you ever consider that id you had rational comments that had any logic behind them he wouldn't. As far as snausages is concerned, define win. As far as I am concerned everyone who didn't win the superbowl last season enjoyed the same lack of success. You don't get bonus points for being eliminated early in the playoffs every year instead of not making it.

dart18
03-13-2004, 08:23 PM
yeah stats are dumb but some newbie posting and ripping on players and not being able to spell names correcty is not justified. Make statements but dont make new posts about some statement you want to say to bait other readers to b**ch at you. So mr. 13 posts, if you want serious conversation enjoy but stupid pointless attacks are not needed in OUR forum. Go to a Pack forum if you want to blindlessly bash viking players

JoeMama
03-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Yeah as a Vikes fan, I sit down on the couch for an NFL Sunday and stare listlessly into the air until stats appear on my TV. Whatever, that has got to be one of the lamest rips I've ever heard. I'm a fan who loves the action and the drama of the game. I care about winning as well, but the everything that happens before the end of the game is what I care most about. I could care less about stats, unless a Vike happens to be on my fantasy team. And as far as Vikes fans being the only ones who hold stats dear, Pack fans are guilty too. I've seen it time and time again here. Fans of both teams lack an intelligent retort in a debate, so they bring up stats. It's a meaningless pissing contest between rubes. The only major difference I can think of between fans of the Vikes and Pack, is the fact that Pack fans seem to be a few degrees higher in their levels of denial than most of us.

VikemanX84
03-14-2004, 12:42 AM
Rankings are based on yards, which isn't a very important stat. The only way stats can be useful is if you analyze them correctly, and use the ones that are important.

hawaiianvike21
03-14-2004, 04:39 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by snausages

No you guys always love a certain stat. That stat is how many consecutive games favre started. See already you are WRONG. I guarantee you a lot of packer fans follow stats too. It also goes along with fantasty football and trying to make money as well.
Go get a education, you are short minded and come back when you are more intelligent about things.

Viking_Spirit
03-14-2004, 10:45 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dan3ski

As far as I am concerned the defensive rankings of the nfl were not a major factor. In case no one noticed last season the Vikings "D" dropped ten places last season in thier bye week. I will admit I was dumb-founded by this fact when it happend and the top ranked "D" in the NFL last season did not even make it to the conference finals.
Yes, NFL rankings are irrelevant. It only takes yardage into account, and none of the other stuff.

LosAngelis
03-14-2004, 11:07 AM
What do you all think the stats are for the number of "Dumbass" comments made on a message board within one week? If there is a record, I think its close to being broken.

Viking_Spirit
03-14-2004, 11:07 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LosAngelis

What do you all think the stats are for the number of "Dumbass" comments made on a message board within one week? If there is a record, I think its close to being broken.
LOL

dumbass [:D] jk

dan3ski
03-14-2004, 01:20 PM
I do apoligise to fantasy football fans as stats are all that do matter but that is fantasy. In the NFL the Vikings had the number one offense in the league and did not even make the playoffs. As for snauasges he is a cheesehead and is only here to try and piss us off and I only laugh at him!

VikemanX84
03-14-2004, 08:25 PM
If there is a reccord, LA, I'm sure it has something to do with Buck.

snausages
03-14-2004, 08:45 PM
I think I hit a nerve with not being able to spell players' names correctly. Terribly sorry, I didn't have time to perform a spell check. I think it's humorous to be criticized about spelling from a guy who makes up words like "blindlessly."

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dart18

yeah stats are dumb but some newbie posting and ripping on players and not being able to spell names correcty is not justified. Make statements but dont make new posts about some statement you want to say to bait other readers to b**ch at you. So mr. 13 posts, if you want serious conversation enjoy but stupid pointless attacks are not needed in OUR forum. Go to a Pack forum if you want to blindlessly bash viking players

govikings89
03-14-2004, 09:00 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by buck

[quote]Originally posted by snausages

honestly i can say that i hate the packers. i would grin if i saw fav-ray get creamed by any team and not return for the rest of the season. to me that would be a great stat.[rip] also you say you enjoy winning... how did the eagles playoff go? for me it went well. also every ass-packer fan i talk to take pride in fav-rays streak of starting games, but they should put an * next to it... being addicted to pain killers would help anyone stay in a game.

Hawgski
03-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Well here we go. The usual suspects are here, trying to mix it up by living in the past. Stats are just stats...TRUE! Packer Fans always live in the past...TRUE! Get over it ass-packers, we know why you are here. You are so pissed that the Pack has done nothing but continue to go down hill this off-season, while you have to watch THE VIKES continue to get stronger. You have already realized that this upcoming season is going to be pure hell when you have to watch the Purple march to the Division Title. True we will meet some division foes who will fight (Bears and/or Lions). We will also have to play inferior challengers as well (Packers), but The Norsemen will be Victorious in once again carrying the title of DIVISION CHAMPIONS!!! Fav-ray should have retired, it will be tough for him to put the torch down when you finish in the cellar this year. He reminds me of Dennis Quaid in the movie "Everybody's All-American". He was an exceptional player at the beginning of his career, sure he had problems along the way (arrests, drug-addiction, etc.), but the media loved him and made him look like he was the greatest thing to step on the grid-iron. But he didn't know when it was time to hang up his cleats, so the once golden boy took on the image of a washed up loser who had no where else to go!!! FACE THE MUSIC FAV-RAY AND PACKER FANS...IT IS OVER!!! [:D]

govikings89
03-15-2004, 07:44 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Hawgski

Well here we go. The usual suspects are here, trying to mix it up by living in the past. Stats are just stats...TRUE! Packer Fans always live in the past...TRUE! Get over it ass-packers, we know why you are here. You are so pissed that the Pack has done nothing but continue to go down hill this off-season, while you have to watch THE VIKES continue to get stronger. You have already realized that this upcoming season is going to be pure hell when you have to watch the Purple march to the Division Title. True we will meet some division foes who will fight (Bears and/or Lions). We will also have to play inferior challengers as well (Packers), but The Norsemen will be Victorious in once again carrying the title of DIVISION CHAMPIONS!!! Fav-ray should have retired, it will be tough for him to put the torch down when you finish in the cellar this year. He reminds me of Dennis Quaid in the movie "Everybody's All-American". He was an exceptional player at the beginning of his career, sure he had problems along the way (arrests, drug-addiction, etc.), but the media loved him and made him look like he was the greatest thing to step on the grid-iron. But he didn't know when it was time to hang up his cleats, so the once golden boy took on the image of a washed up loser who had no where else to go!!! FACE THE MUSIC FAV-RAY AND PACKER FANS...IT IS OVER!!! [:D]

amen, borther! im sick of the pro-farve media whose nose is so far up the packers ass that they might as well check for prostate cancer while they are up there.[:(!]

Viking_Spirit
03-15-2004, 07:47 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Hawgski

Agreed!