PDA

View Full Version : Now call me crazy but what if we traded for T.O.?

DaunteHOF
08-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Just a crazy idea, I mean he wants money, Ziggy will pay him, give them a first rounder.

josdin00
08-10-2005, 11:10 PM
you're crazy.

RandyMoss8404
08-10-2005, 11:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2130735

You're crazy.

Let's trade a 22 year old jerry rice clone for a 33 year old troublemaker.

Get the heck outta here.

V4L
08-10-2005, 11:14 PM
T-Ho is trouble.. Nate is on the rise in the league.. No way would I do that ever ever ever!

LuckyVike
08-10-2005, 11:15 PM
You're crazy.

akvikefan89
08-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Excuse the rudness but WHY ON EARTH WULD WE DO THAT!!???. Okay I'm finsihed now. We just traded away a WR (Moss) who had less of an attitude and was a better player. The Eagles would gladly dump off Owens for Burleson. We don't need the biggest embarresment in the NFL crying on our sideline. Nuff said.

douginc
08-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Normally when the idea of picking up a troublesome superstar is posed, I give it at least a little thought. Not this time. T.O. is thrice the locker room poison than Moss was thought to be. He wouldn't be worth it at all, certainly not for Burleson, whose abilities are just beginning to shine. I could see getting Ricky Williams before T.O., that's how crazy it is.

But I'm not trying to bash you for posing the question. Not at all. It's always good to pose ideas and such, I just think this one is kinda open and shut.

DaunteHOF
08-10-2005, 11:22 PM
what about for a 2nd rounder

Del Rio
08-10-2005, 11:22 PM
http://img2.uploadimages.net/478550Dot.gif

akvikefan89
08-10-2005, 11:26 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Just a crazy idea, I mean he wants money, Ziggy will pay him, give them a first rounder.
Removing the part about giving away Burleson doesn't change it. I wouldn't take T.O. for anything. Maybe you should edit your post to look something like this:

"There is no way on this beautiful green earth that I would want Owens on my team. I'm glad he's an Eagle. Are all of you? Some dopes told me that we should trade Burleson away for him, I said "no way!" Oh, by the way, can someone please call me crazy? (I made a bet with my freind that someone would today)

Thanks."

There, now people will read this topic and agree with you

:wink: :lol:

BBQ Platypus
08-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Okay...if the topic title says so...

You're crazy.

If we traded for T.O., we would have T.O. and the Iggles would have someone else.

(Hey, it technically answers your question). :lol:

nsavarirayan
08-10-2005, 11:35 PM
IF we wanted TO we should have just drafted Mike Williams - physically they are just about twins!!

josdin00
08-10-2005, 11:35 PM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Okay...if the topic title says so...

You're crazy.

If we traded for T.O., we would have T.O. and the Iggles would have someone else.

(Hey, it technically answers your question). :lol:

You may have been going for "technically correct", but I think you hit on the most compelling reason why this should never happen.

NeoVikesTX
08-10-2005, 11:42 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

No way! TO is a cancer and wouldn't be happy even if we gave him a billion dollar contract. He is a great player but I would much rather have Moss on our team.

Prophet
08-10-2005, 11:46 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Yes, a crazy idea. I wouldn't want him on the team if he played for free or even if he paid a couple million to play. Keep him far from the Vikings. The separation between the elite WRs and the good WRs is not near the separation between the elite QBs and the good QBs. Let TO go to some other team and destroy them from within.

TheAnimal93
08-10-2005, 11:47 PM
:lol: :lol:
Not in a million years. Can we have a week go by without talking about this zipperhead?

Ltrey33
08-10-2005, 11:49 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

You're crazy.

Get the heck outta here.

Agreed! :withstupid:

ADubya26
08-11-2005, 12:00 AM
It is tempting because of his physical abilities, but we already had the man the the best ability in the league and we got rid of him. To bring in a nutjob like TO would be be the dumbest move ever. I hope he stays on the Eagles and causes drama all year.

MensaTice
08-11-2005, 12:03 AM
If TO came here I'd move to Scottsdale and never watch another Vikings game again.

ultravikingfan
08-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Man...you are crazy! Screw T.O.! We can win without is ass!

BTW...this guy is crazy for you!

http://www.itanguy.org/old/img/div/crazy.jpg

LosAngelis
08-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Excellent idea.

You had the lingering cancer for many years at wide receiver, one that you were in so much denial over you actually enjoyed having it around, and even rallied around it. Finally, the cancer was lasered out.

Now, what a great idea! You've got a quarterback who can finally lead this team without being in a cancer's shadow, some young, hungry WR's, and a rebuilt defense needing to gel. Let's bring in another cancer to stunt any development by Daunte and polarize the team.

Everyone is so used to saying "Well, that's just Randy being Randy." It won't be any work to switch to "Well, that just TO being TO."

Seriously, people. Do you invite misery that much? As I recall, TO doesn't have any rings, and as I recall, the Eagles finally won a NFC CHampionship game with TO injured. It wasn't until he came back that they lost in the playoffs again.

akvikefan89
08-11-2005, 12:36 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Excellent idea.

You had the lingering cancer for many years at wide receiver, one that you were in so much denial over you actually enjoyed having it around, and even rallied around it. Finally, the cancer was lasered out.

Now, what a great idea! You've got a quarterback who can finally lead this team without being in a cancer's shadow, some young, hungry WR's, and a rebuilt defense needing to gel. Let's bring in another cancer to stunt any development by Daunte and polarize the team.

Everyone is so used to saying "Well, that's just Randy being Randy." It won't be any work to switch to "Well, that just TO being TO."

Seriously, people. Do you invite misery that much? As I recall, TO doesn't have any rings, and as I recall, the Eagles finally won a NFC CHampionship game with TO injured. It wasn't until he came back that they lost in the playoffs again.
Wow. the first packer fan that hasn't pretended to be glad Moss is gone. I take my hat off to you Los :rr:

DoraTheExplorer
08-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Terrell Owens.

Bio: Loudmouth, over-rated, prick, greedy, money-grubbing, selfish bastard!!!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that exactly wut we didn't want of Randy Moss?

and, as BBQ Platypus said, then the Eagles would be even more ferocious.

Prophet
08-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Give a little of this to TO and his supporters.

http://www.totsouth.com/totsouth/boards/images/smiles/asskick.gif

Banana_Fish
08-11-2005, 12:52 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

lol.. nice one!

ejmat
08-11-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm not going to take away from TOs talents. He's a good WR. I don't think he is all that great. Definately not good enough to put up with his and Drew's bull. I wouldn't trade Elling for TO. I wouldn't trade a life-long special teamer for TO.

Moss wasn't that bad of a person and we traded him away. I have to agree with Los. We now have a QB that could run the team without anyone telling him what to do. We have 4 very hungry WRs that are willing to share the ball. Why even think about having TO? The man is unhappy with a $49M contract. What will satisfy him? Keep him with the Eagles or let them trade him elsewhere. Let's keep what we have and work with it.

V-Unit
08-11-2005, 01:07 AM
As a fan, I do not want to see my team in ruins. TO would put our team in ruins. Therefore, I do not want TO.

I think we all know why and how TO would ruin our team, but if you can somehow argue that he would not, I would be willing to consider your argument.

However, saying "the distractions are ok becuase he plays amazing" is not good enough for me.

cajunvike
08-11-2005, 01:21 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Excellent idea.

Wow. the first packer fan that hasn't pretended to be glad Moss is gone. I take my hat off to you Los :rr:

Los is just happy that Moss isn't still around to torch their secondary anymore! :lol:

akvikefan89
08-11-2005, 01:24 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Excellent idea.

Los is just happy that Moss isn't still around to torch their secondary anymore! :lol:
My Grandma could torch their secondary :lol:

LuckyVike
08-11-2005, 01:26 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Excellent idea.

My Grandma could torch their secondary :lol:

LOL :lol:

arialassault84
08-11-2005, 01:36 AM
That would be the worst move ever! TO is not even close to being as good as the media says he is.

1. R.Moss
2. T.Holt
3. M.Harrison
4. H.Ward
5. T.Owens

muchluv4smoot
08-11-2005, 01:52 AM
Yeah, and then we could trade TO to the Raiders even up for Moss. How's that for an idea? :lol:

Why would we trade moss, only to later trade for a worse version of moss?

akvikefan89
08-11-2005, 01:56 AM
"arialassault84" wrote:

That would be the worst move ever! TO is not even close to being as good as the media says he is.

1. R.Moss
2. T.Holt
3. M.Harrison
4. H.Ward
5. T.Owens
Umm... I agree that Owens is overrated but I think that list should look like this:

1. Moss
2. Harrison
3. Owens
4. Holt
5. Chad Johnson

muchluv4smoot
08-11-2005, 01:59 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"arialassault84" wrote:

1. R.Moss
2. T.Holt
3. M.Harrison
4. H.Ward
5. T.Owens
Umm... I agree that Owens is overrated but I think that list should look like this:

1. Moss
2. Harrison
3. Owens
4. Holt
5. Chad Johnson

Even if he is the 5th best, that really doesn't qualify as being way worse the the media says he is.

I think he is a heck of a football player, but like with Moss, you have to take the good with the bad and with TO, the bad FAR FAR FAR outweighs the good.

MensaTice
08-11-2005, 02:28 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Worst take ever. :mad:

akvikefan89
08-11-2005, 02:33 AM
Now call me crazy but what if we traded for Aaron Rodgers? He wants money, Ziggy will pay him :wink:

:lol:

cc21
08-11-2005, 02:33 AM
Honestly, I know a lot of you will disagree but I think Owens is the best in the game at reciever. Him and Moss are pretty even and sometimes moss is better but I really think that he is the best in the game right now.

LosAngelis
08-11-2005, 04:12 AM
I'll take heat for this, but there's something about the less talented, team-oriented recievers over the over-talented, selfish receivers. I said all along I'd take Walker, Driver, and Ferguson over Moss, not because they're better or more talented, but because they play all out every play without egos (that is, until Mr Rosenlouse got into Walker's head).

Both Owens and Moss can subtract by addition to a team. Philly's been talked about as the favorite in 2005 from the NFC (with some other teams I won't mention). Look what the over-talented receiver has single-handedly done to those odds.

By the way, I have mixed feelings about Moss being gone. I hated him, but I had a nice direction to place my hate when we played the Vikings. With he and Hovan gone, I have to look more towards Sharper and Tice. Not nearly as easy.

But I stand by my post #5 (go back and check it!). The Vikings are instantly better without Moss.

magicci
08-11-2005, 05:08 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Excellent idea.

yea but the vikings fans never booed randy, they always cheered him. and randy never put the vikings organazation down deliberatley as T.O. has. Randy might have been a so called cancer but T.O. is a cancer that has already spread to your entire body.

magicci
08-11-2005, 05:09 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

You're crazy.

Get the heck outta here.
good so im not the only one who thinks buleson reminds them a lot of Jerry Rice.

Articnv
08-11-2005, 05:27 AM
i dont even how u coudl fathom that we got rid eof a reiver 10 x tiems better then t ho because of his attidude and u wnat to bring in osme with an attidude 10 tiems worse then said reciever.

Still tryign to figure out why u woudl want to do that.

Mr. Purple
08-11-2005, 05:29 AM
I would take him...somethin about T-Hoe i like....I wouldnt wanna loose too much for him...but i would take him in a sec.

akvikefan89
08-11-2005, 05:32 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

I would take him...somethin about T-Hoe i like....I wouldnt wanna loose too much for him...but i would take him in a sec.
Your kidding right? :shock:

waynesworld
08-11-2005, 05:45 AM
if there is something about him you like... I hope its the last play of the game against the fudge packers in the playoffs (brought tears to my eyes too) besides that the guy is a total loser!!!!

Space Coyote
08-11-2005, 05:45 AM
http://storage.msn.com/x1pAdjo0uCo2H2xm_0QJT6sN_LkWcAwTBpp8A0UbkqNQ0YxujTi3iKrFBy_9nC-yyBS0FtVWvKkpB4ySmOwCZUHeZRw96cd7WzCxVAixgQDlWDyaXjr5HGjEEWxFXZNqVbZE4OMgCiWZqe4UFG_FPQW4A

Mr. Purple
08-11-2005, 05:47 AM
Lol idk why i like him....i like people with big mouths who back it up, and no matter what u argue the guy does back it up, im not saying he would be good for our team....but if i was the owner and had a chance at him...i would....lol fuc you tommy lee jones!!!! lol

Space Coyote
08-11-2005, 05:52 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Lol idk why i like him....i like people with big mouths who back it up, and no matter what u argue the guy does back it up, im not saying he would be good for our team....but if i was the owner and had a chance at him...i would....lol fuc you tommy lee jones!!!! lol

lol :)
just messin with ya

waynesworld
08-11-2005, 05:53 AM
you trying to get a quick fix for Randy??? Not gonna happen!!! T.O isn't in the same league!

canadian_vikes_fan
08-11-2005, 06:19 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

How bout they give us their first rounders for the next ten years, AND build us a new stadium, AND make them take Onterrio Smith and Kelly Campbell and then we'll talk.

I'd make the trade and then cut T-Ho's ass.

:lol:

mnjamie
08-11-2005, 06:22 AM
True, true. You are crazy.

Caine
08-11-2005, 06:23 AM
I wouldn't take TO if he paid US to play, and they tossed in all of their draft picks. He's pure poison.

Caine

Mr Anderson
08-11-2005, 06:33 AM
okay, how about we never ever talk about this nonsense again.

If we got rid of Moss, we would never take TO, he is twice the distraction and half the reciever.

LuckyVike
08-11-2005, 06:35 AM
"Caine" wrote:

I wouldn't take TO if he paid US to play, and they tossed in all of their draft picks. He's pure poison.

Caine

Now lets not get carried away lol. We could use the picks and cut T.O.

akvikefan89
08-11-2005, 06:37 AM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Caine

Yes, but the cap hit would hurt a bit. A big bit. :lol:
We wouldn't be able to afford to sign any of our picks :lol:

ShanePurpleBlood
08-11-2005, 11:42 PM
T.O. is the biggest idiot in the league. Moss looks like an angel compare to him. You are crazy!

LuckyVike
08-11-2005, 11:45 PM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Caine

Yes, but the cap hit would hurt a bit. A big bit. :lol:
We wouldn't be able to afford to sign any of our picks :lol:

I think you're right.... crap.

douginc
08-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Didn't the Raiders try to take this guy off their hands earlier? I thought I heard a rumor about them offering a player and a draft pick next year. I wonder if they're still looking; or if they even have the cap room. Aside from talk about whether or not Porter, Moss, and TO would be the greatest receieving corp ever, all I really know is, it would undoubtedly fill the seats. People would be dying to get into the stands, even selling out road games. From a business standpoint, I wonder if the Raiders owner is considering it, I mean, he could probably get TO cheap now.

DemonicViking
08-12-2005, 12:20 AM
I'd take him.. just to see him and Tice get into a heated altercation during mini camp when TO just decides he doesn't wanna play anymore.. and Tice pulls a wrestling move on him.

coreyd
08-12-2005, 06:40 AM
T.O. made a commercial last year and in it he stated that he was the best wide receiver in the league. Now how can that be, when not only does he complain, show off, run his mouth, create a distraction, run his mouth to his Qb, etc., and get kicked out of training camp. T.O., YOU CANT BE THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE WHEN YOUR THE BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ARSE A SPORT HAS SEEN!!!!! He makes Jose Conseco look like Cris Carter!

There is no way in heck that I would buy his jersey, or be a fan of his if he came here. As a matter of fact, I think we should get him and make him stay at home on Sundays just to keep him away from the cameras. Let him sit out the next 7 years just so we dont have to listen to him.

LuckyVike
08-12-2005, 06:44 AM
"douginc" wrote:

Didn't the Raiders try to take this guy off their hands earlier? I thought I heard a rumor about them offering a player and a draft pick next year. I wonder if they're still looking; or if they even have the cap room. Aside from talk about whether or not Porter, Moss, and TO would be the greatest receieving corp ever, all I really know is, it would undoubtedly fill the seats. People would be dying to get into the stands, even selling out road games. From a business standpoint, I wonder if the Raiders owner is considering it, I mean, he could probably get TO cheap now.

If the Raiders got T.O. they'd have to give up Porter.

PurplePeopleEaters
08-12-2005, 07:09 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Now call me crazy but what if we traded for T.O.?

:shock: Shut up. you're crazy. :lol:

so-cal vike
08-12-2005, 07:21 AM
:scratch: ???

You bumped your head! :banghead:

Justin311
08-12-2005, 07:31 AM
if they traded for T.O., it would make the herschel Walker trade look like a steal.

I agree the guy has talents and is damn good at what he does, especially when it comes to imitating Ray lewis. But the otherside of him is a tough one to handle. The way i see it, if Culpepper said go for it, Im sure Ziggy would pull the trigger, especially since Daunte is still not completely happy with his contract despite putting his SIGNATURE on this one.

So if Ziggy did it, knowing full well TO and Drew want a BIG contract, i believe that would only anger Daunte more. Sure it would give him a target to throw to, but they just spent an entire offseason building up a chemistry with the guys we currently have. Ziggy has made good moves to this point, i would hate to see this ruin it.

MensaTice
08-12-2005, 07:33 AM
First of all, it ain't happening. Second it would destroy our team.

collegeguyjeff
08-12-2005, 09:25 AM
the vikings wouldn't take t.o. if they could get him for 1 million a year. to is such a big mouth and he is way worse than moss ever was.

vegasvike
08-12-2005, 09:36 AM
T.O. is a cancer we don't need that in the lockerroom some of you are mad that moss was TRADED now imagine if T.O. was brought here and played "unhappy" then demanded a trade. We don't need him our WR's will do just fine

fourdoorchevelle
08-12-2005, 10:54 AM
why not , when i think TO , i think :

team player
team leader
good locker room presence
never complains
very likable
not selfish

oh wait thats burly

akvikefan89
08-12-2005, 11:09 AM
"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

why not , when i think TO , i think :

team player
team leader
good locker room presence
never complains
very likable
not selfish

oh wait thats burly
No.

T.O. is the best team player that the NFL has ever seen. :lol:

cajunvike
08-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Dedicated to DaunteHOF:

Crazy Lyrics - Patsy Cline

Crazy
Crazy for thinkin' those vile thoughts
You're crazy
Crazy for wanting T-HO

You know
He'd love us as long as he wanted
And then someday
He'd screw us through that snake named Drew

Worry
Why should you make yourself worry
Wond'rin'
What in the world did we do

Crazy
For thinking that T-HO would behave
You're crazy for tryin'
Crazy for cryin'
And you're crazy
For wantin' T-HO

Crazy
You're crazy for tryin'
Crazy for cryin'
And You're crazy
For wantin' T-HO

6-KINGS
08-12-2005, 03:44 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Dedicated to DaunteHOF:

Crazy
You're crazy
Crazy for wanting T-HO

You know
And then someday

Worry
Wond'rin'

Crazy
You're crazy for tryin'
Crazy for cryin'
And you're crazy
For wantin' T-HO

Crazy
You're crazy for tryin'
Crazy for cryin'
And You're crazy
For wantin' T-HO

Curse you Cajun!
Ya beat me to it!!!

cajunvike
08-12-2005, 03:52 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Dedicated to DaunteHOF:

Crazy
You're crazy
Crazy for wanting T-HO

You know
And then someday

Worry
Wond'rin'

Crazy
You're crazy for tryin'
Crazy for cryin'
And you're crazy
For wantin' T-HO

Crazy
You're crazy for tryin'
Crazy for cryin'
And You're crazy
For wantin' T-HO

Curse you Cajun!
Ya beat me to it!!!

Patsy may be worshipped in Texas...but she is from Virginia!

V-Unit
08-12-2005, 05:34 PM
"My name is Terrell Owens, not Terrell Reed"
- TO

Vikes
08-13-2005, 12:07 AM
No TO and Ricky Williams should be on the same team.

akvikefan89
08-13-2005, 12:24 AM
"Vikes" wrote:

No TO and Ricky Williams should be on the same team.
Now theres an idea. The NFL all holdout team:
(they don't have to be holding out still, just players who did or are holding out, also no rookies)

QB:?
RB: Ricky Williams
FB:?
WR: Terrell Owens, ?, ?
TE:?
OT:?, ?
OG:?, ?
C:?

CB:?
MLB:?
OLB:?, ?
DT: Grady Jackson, Cletius Hunt :lol:
SS:?
FS:?
DE:Richard Seymor, ?

Help me out guys. We need more.

DEVIKINGFAN!
08-13-2005, 12:54 AM
No.

T.O. is the best team player that the NFL has ever seen. :lol:[/quote]

Hey as long as he keeps it up in Philly- He is a great "team" player. I dont think we will need it, but he is helping all NFC teams out with his attitude. F T O

akvikefan89
08-13-2005, 12:56 AM
"DEVIKINGFAN!" wrote:

No.

T.O. is the best team player that the NFL has ever seen. :lol:

Hey as long as he keeps it up in Philly- He is a great "team" player. I dont think we will need it, but he is helping all NFC teams out with his attitude. F T O[/quote]
The best player for OUR team. I like that. :lol:

PurpleTide
08-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Just the thought of trading for T-Ho makes me want to vomit..... We have a team chemistry now thats been sadly missing and could be the final key we need to win a championship. Only a fool would try to mess this up by even considering that kinda nonsense.