PDA

View Full Version : From Cris Carter: 2005 WR Preview (Nate)

ultravikingfan
08-07-2005, 01:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cc-widereceivers080505&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Good stuff on Nate.

(and that other guy) :lol:

Ready to break through: Nate Burleson
He's been groomed to be the Minnesota Vikings' No. 1 receiver, playing eight games last season as the main guy when Randy Moss was hurt. That experience will serve as a great lead-in for this season.

Burleson had a very good season last year with 1,006 yards and nine touchdowns while catching only 68 balls. That's great productivity. This season, he should reach double digits in touchdowns. He's a very good route runner and he has excellent hands. I also think he runs with the ball better than people realize.

magicci
08-07-2005, 01:26 AM
woah im having de ja vu

viks_fan21
08-07-2005, 02:36 AM
I think that Burleson will establish himself as the possesion form of Randy Moss. Ok, that is quite a stretch, but he will tear it up this year.

magicci
08-07-2005, 02:44 AM
i think burlseon will be better then T.O.

V4L
08-07-2005, 02:48 AM
I think he will be good but not as good as T.O..

T.O is a pretty complete reciever.. Deep threat.. Short guy.. Good blocker.. Pretty fast.. I see alot of that outta Burleson too though.. If I had to guess who he would be like it would be T.O..

Burleson is as fast as T.O.. Maybe can block better who knows.. Is just as strong after the catch.. And doesn't run his mouth like T.O does.. Im looking forward to a full season going against only number 1 corners then I will make a desision weather I think he will be better then T.O though

ADubya26
08-07-2005, 02:48 AM
Nate is more like a Cris Carter. Im not saying he IS, because that would be a big stretch and it is still too early to make those types of comparisons, but the way Nate runs and his hands sort of remind me of Carter.

I'm confident in Nate...the one who I am really interested in is Travis Taylor. I've had a good feeling about him since we picked him up and all I have been reading is good things about him. I hope he locks down the #2 spot.

fred3105
08-07-2005, 03:17 AM
Best in the business: Randy Moss
Most underrated: Isaac Bruce
Most overrated: dont know
Ready to break through: Charles Rogers
Rookie to watch: None
No. 3 receiver to watch: Ronald Curry

mnjamie
08-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Sorry Ultra .... just tired of C.C. the "NFL Analyst". I wish he would talk about the NFL and not be "The Vikes Expert" of HBO.

magicci
08-07-2005, 07:10 AM
nate plays similar to jerry rice early in his career.

RandyMoss8404
08-07-2005, 07:13 AM
Including the dropping of game winning week 17 touchdowns.

bryonfos
08-07-2005, 07:15 AM
Most underrated: Chad Johnson
Most overrated: Darrell Jackson
Ready to break his neck: Charles Rogers
Ready to break out: Chris Chambers
Rookie to watch: Mark Clayton
No. 3 receiver to watch: Keary Colbert

magicci
08-07-2005, 07:15 AM
hey hows ur night tonight me. pessimist lol im jk man.

RandyMoss8404
08-07-2005, 07:20 AM
"bryonfos" wrote:

Most underrated: Chad Johnson
Most overrated: Darrell Jackson
Ready to break his neck: Charles Rogers
Ready to break out: Chris Chambers
No. 3 receiver to watch: Keary Colbert

HEY SCREW YOU BUDDY

Just kidding.

Keary Colbert is the incumbent #2, by the way.

Best in the business: Tipp Drill 84
Most underrated: Marvin Harrison - best route runner in the HISTORY of the game (Yes, I am including Jerry Rice)
Most overrated: Terrell Owens (not by much, but he has inconsistent hands)
Most brittle: Charles Rogers
Ready to break out: Ashley Lelie
No 3. Receiver to watch: Ronald 'One Hand' Curry

magicci
08-07-2005, 07:23 AM
i wish curry was on the vikes. that guy is speedy and has some good hands. he doesnt belong in the raiders oraganization.

V4L
08-07-2005, 07:25 AM
Best in biz- Straight Cash Homie! Hands down here he has it all
Overrated- Johnnie Morton? I dont know about this one
Underrated- Chad Johnson- Puts up consistant numbers with crappy QB
Ready to break out- T-tay
Number 3 to watch- Mike Williams

bryonfos
08-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Marvin Harrison couldn't be overrated, he is always mentioned as being in the top 3 current receivers. If he is underrated, then Moss is overrated.

And Owens is the other in the top 3. Chad Johnson is going to be better than Owens. But for now, Owens is still a scary guy to be playing against on Sunday.

Lelie is a sissy, he won't ever be a #1 receiver on a team. Unless he goes to Cleveland.

magicci
08-07-2005, 07:27 AM
damnit how can i forget about T-Tay.

DemonicViking
08-07-2005, 07:28 AM
Is that the same guy who's first name is Ashlee?

bryonfos
08-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Same guy, who is T-tay?

bryonfos
08-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Did you mean Travis Taylor? Don't overdo it just yet, let him marinade for a bit.

V4L
08-07-2005, 07:32 AM
TRAVIS TAYLOR MAN!! READY TO BREAK OUT!!

DemonicViking
08-07-2005, 07:35 AM
That's the Viking I adopted, yeah, he's ready to explode.

bryonfos
08-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Every receiver is ready to break out.

RandyMoss8404
08-07-2005, 07:43 AM
"bryonfos" wrote:

Marvin Harrison couldn't be overrated, he is always mentioned as being in the top 3 current receivers. If he is underrated, then Moss is overrated.

And Owens is the other in the top 3. Chad Johnson is going to be better than Owens. But for now, Owens is still a scary guy to be playing against on Sunday.

Lelie is a sissy, he won't ever be a #1 receiver on a team. Unless he goes to Cleveland.

A sissy with more receiving yards than Nate Burleson. He'll be the #1 as soon as Rod Smith retires, genius.

magicci
08-07-2005, 07:57 AM
i think lelie is pretty good, not great but good. could learn a lot from rice and smith.

V4L
08-07-2005, 07:59 AM
Lelie had a pretty promising season.. I don't see why people are dogging him out.. I would take him thats for sure

Burley81
08-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Lelie is good, but inconsistent.

SKOL
08-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Holt has to be in the top three, along with Moss and Harrison. Owens is probably #4, followed by a number of other very good receivers.

XxS2TheEvoxX
08-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Best in the business: Randy Moss, without a doubt.
Most underrated: Hines Ward. He's a complete reciever who gets little mention.
Most overrated: Terrell Owens, still one of the best though.
Ready to break out: Donte Stallworth.
Rookie to watch: Mark Clayton.
No 3. Receiver to watch: Bryant Johnson.

toemaster6
08-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Travis Taylor will have a very productive season and many will be amazed as to what he brings to the table.

toemaster6
08-07-2005, 03:21 PM
As far as a receiver to watch out for in the future and I hate to say this because the chargers drafted him in Vincent Jackson, This kid will make a positive impact for that team.

biggame
08-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Underrated- Chad Johnson- Puts up consistant numbers with crappy QB

he actually has a pretty good QB, now a lot of people seem to be excited about Mark Clayton and he doesn't have a QB to get him the ball.

biggame
08-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Most Talented: Randy Moss
Most underrated: Hines Ward, Chris Chambers
Most overrated: Randy Moss (at least on this message board
Ready to break through: Andre Johnson, Keary Colbert
Rookie to watch: Matt Jones
Most inconsistance: Daryl Jackson
Biggest Ass: Terrell Owens

RandyMoss8404
08-07-2005, 04:48 PM
"biggame" wrote:

Biggest jiggly butt: Terrell Owens

Aww, someone sounds bitter, and like they don't know squat about football :-(

biggame
08-07-2005, 05:28 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"biggame" wrote:

Actually I am bitter, but not about Randy Moss, it's all the fools in pro sports that behave like him. The fact that you all still want to corn hole Randy is your own problem. I don't dispute he's the most talented, but still over rated.

Sorry to tell you this but I would put my football knowledge against anyone here. But I am talking about actual football knowledge, not "fan knowledge" If I was building a football team and could take any WR, Randy would down the list around 10. Individual talent doesn't make a football team.

run_ronnie
08-07-2005, 10:43 PM
i think Burleson has skills to be a very. very good #2 receiver. As a #1, I don't think he has what it takes, but as a #2, he'll be fantastic...provided we HAVE a #1.....I think it could possibly be Williamson (rookie). When he breaks out, so too will Burleson.....

RandyMoss8404
08-07-2005, 11:01 PM
"biggame" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"biggame" wrote:

Actually I am bitter, but not about Randy Moss, it's all the fools in pro sports that behave like him. The fact that you all still want to corn hole Randy is your own problem. I don't dispute he's the most talented, but still over rated.

Sorry to tell you this but I would put my football knowledge against anyone here. But I am talking about actual football knowledge, not "fan knowledge" If I was building a football team and could take any WR, Randy would down the list around 10. Individual talent doesn't make a football team.

You think far too highly of yourself.

As for believing that athletes are the reason for the downfall of Western civilization, perhaps you should look at parents.

SKOL
08-08-2005, 04:47 AM
I thought he had a good point 8404. I suppose you had to come back with something though, after he called you a 'corn-holin fool'. :lol:

biggame, are you from India? You may be the first. Do you sell Buddha's in the "Tang City Mall"?

canadian_vikes_fan
08-08-2005, 05:17 AM
Best in the business: Nate Burleson
Most underrated: Marcus Robinson
Most overrated: Javon Walker
Ready to break out: RandyMoss8404
Rookie to watch: Troy Williamson
No 3. Receiver to watch: Travis Taylor

muchluv4smoot
08-09-2005, 03:02 AM
"biggame" wrote:

Sorry to tell you this but I would put my football knowledge against anyone here. But I am talking about actual football knowledge, not "fan knowledge".

OK newbie, not a good start to come here and suggest you know more about football then everyone else on this board, especially since you don't even know anyone on the board yet.

If your coming here with a big ego, your gonna soon get put in your place by a ton of posters on this site, that have a ton of football knowledge, including myself.

muchluv4smoot
08-09-2005, 03:13 AM
Best in the business: Harrison. Most consistent and doesn't have the ego and kill team chemistry.
Most underrated: Chris Chambers. Has as much talent as any receiver in the league, but it won't be seen until he has a decent QB to play with.
Most overrated: Lavernues Coles. Not a huge fan of him and think he is better suited to be a #2 WR.
Ready to break out: Roy Williams. If he stays healthy, he will put up #'s comparable to the top receivers in the NFL.
Rookie to watch: Vincent Jackson. He is huge and fast and SD doesn't have much for good WR's besides McCardell. He could be a good sleeper and suprise rookie WR.
No 3. Receiver to watch: Rod Gardner. Now in Carolina and with a good QB, he could have a breakout year.

NeoVikesTX
08-09-2005, 03:15 AM
"biggame" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"biggame" wrote:

How does that make any sense? The most talented, yet overrated player in the NFL?

When I think of a player that is overrated, I think of someone who is average in talent but gets more recognition than they should. Randy Moss has proved every season he is worthy of a superstar reciever status and therefore is not overrated.

fourdoorchevelle
08-09-2005, 03:21 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

TRAVIS TAYLOR MAN!! READY TO BREAK OUT!!

i hope so , in fact i got him in the last round of all 8 of the drafts i've had.

i'm suprised that none of the other viking fans that i'm in leagues with didn't even seem interested at all .

DaunteHOF
08-09-2005, 04:17 AM
nate I can see with 12 Tds this year with taylor having 10

fred3105
08-09-2005, 04:33 AM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

Best in the business: Harrison. Most consistent and doesn't have the ego and kill team chemistry.
Most underrated: Chris Chambers. Has as much talent as any receiver in the league, but it won't be seen until he has a decent QB to play with.
Most overrated: Lavernues Coles. Not a huge fan of him and think he is better suited to be a #2 WR.
Ready to break out: Roy Williams. If he stays healthy, he will put up #'s comparable to the top receivers in the NFL.
Rookie to watch: Vincent Jackson. He is huge and fast and SD doesn't have much for good WR's besides McCardell. He could be a good sleeper and suprise rookie WR.
No 3. Receiver to watch: Rod Gardner. Now in Carolina and with a good QB, he could have a breakout year.

Vincent Jackson !??! He just like a bad version of Mike Williams.

muchluv4smoot
08-09-2005, 04:40 AM
"fred3105" wrote:

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

Vincent Jackson !??! He just like a bad version of Mike Williams.

He's a totally different type of receiver then mike williams IMO and SD is a good fit for him and his play. Plus he is learning from a great pro, in McCardell. He could be the Boldin type of breakout rookie receiver this year. Not saying he will put up boldin #'s, but he could be the suprise WR in the draft IMO.

Reggie Brown could be another sleeper for phily, now that pinkston is out. Reggie could play well, opposite TO. I assume greg lewis will be the starter to start the year, but watch from reggie brown to take over by week 4 or so.

fred3105
08-09-2005, 04:46 AM
Im not expert on Vincent but Braylon Edwards had better numbers than him last year against alot better competition. Vincent played against Division 2 players and didnt put up all that amazing numbers. I really dont see him as a great WR in the NFL, but what do I know.

As for Reggie Brown I agree that he could be a sleeper. I even forgot about him hes such a sleeper. I think another possible sleeper is Chris Henry but he will have to compete from catches in Cinci.

Another guy I want to watch that had top talent but pulled a Moss and got kicked out or something like that is Larry Brackins. Although he seems just like Vincent.

http://2005.otcdraft.com/content/videos/LarryBrackins.php

muchluv4smoot
08-09-2005, 04:52 AM
"fred3105" wrote:

Im not expert on Vincent but Braylon Edwards had better numbers than him last year against alot better competition. Vincent played against Division 2 players and didnt put up all that amazing numbers. I really dont see him as a great WR in the NFL, but what do I know.

As for Reggie Brown I agree that he could be a sleeper. I even forgot about him hes such a sleeper. I think another possible sleeper is Chris Henry but he will have to compete from catches in Cinci.

You have to look at who the guys play with. Chris Henry has a ton of talent, but plays with chad johnson, TJ Housh, Peter Warrick, and Kelley Washington, so I don't see much from him this year. Braylon is competing with andre davis and antonio bryant, which shouldn't be too hard for him to be a starter against them, but he also has trent dilfer throwing the ball to him, behind a horrible O-line.

I just like the situation Jackson is put in, along with reggie, thats why i say they will be the rookie's to watch for. I am talking this season only, not whole careers.

fred3105
08-09-2005, 04:56 AM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

"fred3105" wrote:

You have to look at who the guys play with. Chris Henry has a ton of talent, but plays with chad johnson, TJ Housh, Peter Warrick, and Kelley Washington, so I don't see much from him this year. Braylon is competing with andre davis and antonio bryant, which shouldn't be too hard for him to be a starter against them, but he also has trent dilfer throwing the ball to him, behind a horrible O-line.

I just like the situation Jackson is put in, along with reggie, thats why i say they will be the rookie's to watch for. I am talking this season only, not whole careers.

I agree, thats why I said Henry will have to fight for balls. I truely dont see Braylon doing much with Trent Dilfer thats why I never give him respect for ROTY or anything, eventhough he was one of my favorite players at Michigan.

biggame
08-13-2005, 03:51 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"biggame" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"biggame" wrote:

You think far too highly of yourself.

As for believing that athletes are the reason for the downfall of Western civilization, perhaps you should look at parents.

Hmmm, I am fairly certain that is not what I said...Yep I didn't say that athletes are the downfall of civilization. Obviously parents or lack of parenting are the #1 problem, TO is the poster boy for this problem (or he's crazy)

biggame
08-13-2005, 04:01 PM
How does that make any sense? The most talented, yet overrated player in the NFL?

Because many people feel he is more important than what he is. Half the time he is on the field he is loafing routes and on the backside of plays doesn't block or at least make a serious attempt and blocking. Talent is great, but Randy certainly doesn't get the most out of his ability.

Think about how good he would be if had Jerry Rice type work ethic.

biggame
08-13-2005, 04:06 PM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

"biggame" wrote:

Sorry to tell you this but I would put my football knowledge against anyone here. But I am talking about actual football knowledge, not "fan knowledge".

OK newbie, not a good start to come here and suggest you know more about football then everyone else on this board, especially since you don't even know anyone on the board yet.

If your coming here with a big ego, your gonna soon get put in your place by a ton of posters on this site, that have a ton of football knowledge, including myself.

I am not doubting a lot of posters have knowledge of football (most however do not) I am just saying I have confidence in my knowledge of the sport, which is different than being a homer fan.

biggame
08-13-2005, 04:09 PM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

You see, this post indicates you obviously know your $hit. Although I am not so sure about Gardner.