PDA

View Full Version : Vikes and Pack put aside for a few minutes

PackerPride
08-05-2005, 05:26 AM
There, is that better with no caps? :razz:
Where do you guys see the Lions and Bears finishing up the season?
I feel both teams have gotten better, but still not in the same league as the Vikes or Pack. The Lions have a nice offense on paper, but that says nothing. The Bears have a good defense and that's about it. I still see these teams finishing 3rd and 4th in the division (Lions 3rd, Bears 4th). You guys feel the same way?
I know the Vikings are favored to win the division btw, so lets not bring up that issue in this post please. I want your opinions on the rest of the division. Predictions are welcome for the rest of the NFL as well.

Webby
08-05-2005, 05:28 AM
very good young grasshopper.

cc21
08-05-2005, 05:28 AM
Lions will be like 7-9, and the bears will be 6-10 give or take a game or 2.

canadian_vikes_fan
08-05-2005, 05:31 AM
Well I think that the Vikings will come first in the divisi

O wrong topic.

j/k

Lions third - 6-10

Bears last - 4-12 or 5-11

PackerPride
08-05-2005, 05:44 AM
What about the Super Bowl? (can't choose Vikes tho :razz: )
I would say the Colts for the AFC and Seattle for the NFC (Philly had a chance b4 Owens killed the team chemistry).
Colts win SB.

smootpepper
08-05-2005, 05:46 AM
I must be the only one that thinks the Lions might actually be good this year.

I think the Lios will be 2, pack 3, bears 4.

If Harrington can get his head straight, I might even pick them to win the division. they have lots of O, and a decent D.

The Bears might surprise us all, I see them getting better, lots better then last year. But I think they are still missing a couple pieces on offense. One being a proven QB. Not one with flashes of greatness and then falling off the charts like rex seems to do.

RandyMoss8404
08-05-2005, 05:46 AM
Seattle? Yes. With their reliable defensive line and their crazy-glue hands receivers.

collegeguyjeff
08-05-2005, 05:49 AM
i predict the packers to finish second ofcourse cause they are more well balanced than chicago or detroit. but to make this interesting i think green bay will finish last just for the spite of it and in next years draft they will draft 3 cornerbacks again.

collegeguyjeff
08-05-2005, 05:51 AM
"smootpepper" wrote:

If Harrington can get his head straight, I might even pick them to win the division. they have lots of O, and a decent D.

The Bears might surprise us all, I see them getting better, lots better then last year. But I think they are still missing a couple pieces on offense. One being a proven QB. Not one with flashes of greatness and then falling off the charts like rex seems to do.

lots of o? i don't consider a unproven charles rodgers or mike williams to be big time "O" players. the running back is nothing special and harrington sucks, how is that lots of "O"?

vegasvike
08-05-2005, 05:52 AM
8404 I was thinking the samething but you forgot the "team-first" attitude of their runningback

but really I think that the lions have a chance at 2. they do have some star potential on their defense

collegeguyjeff
08-05-2005, 05:53 AM
"PackerPride" wrote:

What about the Super Bowl? (can't choose Vikes tho :razz: )
I would say the Colts for the AFC and Seattle for the NFC (Philly had a chance b4 Owens killed the team chemistry).
Colts win SB.

colts have no defense, ofcourse it's between the vikings and beagles cause vick can't throw a ball and they rely on him running and the beagles shut him down last year.

Ltrey33
08-05-2005, 05:56 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Seattle? Yes. With their reliable defensive line and their crazy-glue hands receivers.

:lol: I like that!

Anyways....I see the Lions finishing around .500 somewhere, maybe 7-9, maybe 9-7. I don't think the Bears will do quite as well as the Lions, probably around 5-11, 0-16 if Urlacher gets hurt, lol. I really think someone out of nowhere is going to the Super Bowl in either the AFC or the NFC this year (obviously I HOPE it's us, but I hate to predict that). I seriously look for the Bengals or someone crazy like that to give the Pats a run for their money.

ColoradoVike
08-05-2005, 06:00 AM
I think the Bengals are going to go far too.
In other AFC matters, look for the Broncos to
P
l
u
m
m
e
t

PackerPride
08-05-2005, 06:05 AM
The Pats are the best team in the NFL IMO. But to make it to 4 Super Bowls in 5 years, that's unheard of. I'm gonna rely on history until that happens (remember people thought the Cowboys would go to 4 out of 5 in the early 90's?). The Beagles are very unproven, especially in the postseason. The Steelers have a QB too young yet. KC maybe if there D can improve a bit. No matter who you choose in the NFC, I think the AFC is more dominant, therefore will win the Super Bowl. BUT...that is why they play the games. :razz:

smootpepper
08-05-2005, 06:06 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"smootpepper" wrote:

lots of o? i don't consider a unproven charles rodgers or mike williams to be big time "O" players. the running back is nothing special and harrington sucks, how is that lots of "O"?

Well when the WR's aren't hurt they always seem to make awsome catches. To say there running game isnt special is way underestimating them. KJ was on pace for 1400 yards last year but ended up injured. Not that 1400 is a lot but he averaged 4.7 a carry. Thats not to bad at all. Considering we consider bennet good for his one 1200 yard year.

I see them as a Top 15 O with a top 20 D. Just enough balance to win some games.

LosAngelis
08-05-2005, 06:13 AM
I was reading the Sporting News NFL Preview (sorry if this has been posted previously...I've been in and out a lot this summer), and I was disgruntled when I saw the pack predicted at 7-9 and 4th place in the division. Imagine my shock when they had the Lions finishing FIRST in the division. No offense to any Kitty Kat fans, but that just blew me away. Jeff Garcia is just not that good. The Lions are scrappy, but they don't know how to win, and you don't change that in one year, no matter what washed-up QB you bring in or how good of a draft you had.

The Bears are in much the same position. Unfortunatly for them, they also don't know how to win, and have lost that momentum they could have tapped from the 2001(?) season when they were the Cardiac Bears.

I do think there is a gap-closing going on. Those two teams will still having losing records but closer to 6 and 7 wins.

Space Coyote
08-05-2005, 06:14 AM
"PackerPride" wrote:

I feel both teams have gotten better, but still not in the same league as the Vikes or Pack. The Lions have a nice offense on paper, but that says nothing. The Bears have a good defense and that's about it. I still see these teams finishing 3rd and 4th in the division (Lions 3rd, Bears 4th). You guys feel the same way?
I know the Vikings are favored to win the division btw, so lets not bring up that issue in this post please. I want your opinions on the rest of the division. Predictions are welcome for the rest of the NFL as well.

See...this guy is not as bad as that "17 year old packer fan 'girl' poster" that was here a few days ago.

One question PackerPride: is English your first language? I'm thinking it's not but that's cool, and it would be really interresting to talk to a Packer fan from another part of the world...

smootpepper
08-05-2005, 06:31 AM
If I had to guess how the season would end up it would look like this.

Vikes 10 - 6
Lions 9 - 7 Maybe 8 - 8
Pack 7 - 9 Maybe 8 - 8
Bears 6 - 10 ??? Maybe 9 - 7 Too many questions marks to get a good read. Top 10 D, Bottom 10 O? Maybe Top 10 D, Top 20 O??? Just not sure.

RandyMoss8404
08-05-2005, 06:40 AM
Guys

Jeff Garcia is a Pro Bowl quarterback

He made things happen for the Browns behind a terrible offensive line

If he starts, we are all in trouble.

PurplePeopleEaters
08-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Looks like packerpride has stopped posting in caps and may become one of our well respected packer fans!

AS for the division I think that the lions will finish second and the bears fourth, but I keep changing my point of view anyways so w/e.

realmeandogg
08-05-2005, 07:20 AM
I think the lions will do a lot better than expected and I just have this feeling about arizona. Maybe not the super bowl but they will fight for the wild card this year. Kirt Warner (the Iowa boy) hittin Anquan Boldin .
And no I am not an arizona fan that game hurt me just as much as it hurt you!!!!!

Vrehna
08-05-2005, 06:50 PM
J. Garcia is a good QB. With the targets he has in Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams, he could have a stellar year. Though I haven't heard any news from their O-line. They have potential, but at the same time, I don't believe that Harrington deserves to be benched at this point. If that happens, look for a lot of unhappiness in the locker room.

My bet is that the Lions are going to break .500, most likely 9-7.

Chicago is an unproven Team. People continue to talk about their QB, but I am not really interested in them at all. I want to hear more about their new runningback, and to see how Urlacher is going to stand up this year. He is the second most dominant MLB in the NFL (behind R. Lewis). But I do not expect great things from Chicago. (Though I did predict that the Vikes will lose at Soldier field)

Chicago might hit .500 this year. It is mostly going to depend on how they do in their division. Its going to be a rough season, but I believe they will hold out at home. Bears go 8-8.

The superbowl? Ravens vs. Panthers.

LosAngelis
08-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Jeff Garcia WAS a pro bowl quarterback. So was Kurt Warner and Brad Johnson. Do you really think adding those guys will turn a team around?

Jeff Garcia was a lucky kid. He reminds me a lot of Don Majikowski. A season or two of hot play, then reality sets in. Serveicable, for sure, but not an All-Pro by any means.

PurplePeopleEaters
08-05-2005, 07:07 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Jeff Garcia WAS a pro bowl quarterback. So was Kurt Warner and Brad Johnson. Do you really think adding those guys will turn a team around?

Jeff Garcia was a lucky kid. He reminds me a lot of Don Majikowski. A season or two of hot play, then reality sets in. Serveicable, for sure, but not an All-Pro by any means.

Isn't majikowski the guy favre replaced? The magic man...

shockzilla
08-05-2005, 08:08 PM
As far as the rest of the NFL, I see a Vikes/Colts Super Bowl. Not gonna predict a winner just yet, though.

No way the Seahawks are any better than .500 this year - they've been WAY overrated the last couple of years.

TheAnimal93
08-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Nfc Contenders: Vikings, Eagles, Falcons.
Pretenders: Seahawks, Panthers, Packers

AFC Contenders: Patriots, Colts, Steelers.
Pretenders: Texans, KC, Bills.

I havent studied the sked at length yet so this may change a couple of games into the season.

LosAngelis
08-05-2005, 11:07 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Isn't majikowski the guy favre replaced? The magic man...

He was indeed. I can't believe they inducted him into the Packer Hall of Fame this summer. He had one good season with us. But, it was our first winning season in 73 years, so I guess he gets a lot of credit.

canadian_vikes_fan
08-05-2005, 11:11 PM
The problem with Jeff Garcia (I think) is that he's actually pretty old. Even though he's only been in the NFL for 7 or 8 years, he's actually 35 or 36 or something. He spent a while in the CFL and by the time he got a shot with the 49ers he was just at the end of the prime of his career. So his whole career has kinda been downhill from there.

I do not see the Lions winning much of anything this year, especially if Jeff Garcia is their QB.

GreenBaySlackers
08-05-2005, 11:13 PM
jeff garcia is pretty good, he just isn't as good as he used to be, so people rag on him about it.

GreenBaySlackers
08-05-2005, 11:14 PM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

Nfc Contenders: Vikings, Eagles, Falcons.
Pretenders: Seahawks, Panthers, Packers

AFC Contenders: Patriots, Colts, Steelers.
Pretenders: Texans, KC, Bills.

I havent studied the sked at length yet so this may change a couple of games into the season.
The Panthers arn't pretenders

canadian_vikes_fan
08-05-2005, 11:17 PM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"TheAnimal93" wrote:

Nfc Contenders Vikings, Eagles, Falcons.
Pretenders Seahawks, Panthers, Packers

AFC Contenders Patriots, Colts, Steelers.
Pretenders Texans, KC, Bills.

The Panthers arn't pretendersI agree. With their defence, I think the Panthers are gonna be pretty good this year. They started off real bad this year and then went on a run and just missed the playoffs.

They're a team to watch out for. They may be the only team in the NFL with a better D-line than Minnesota.

ItalianStallion
08-06-2005, 03:05 AM
Jeff Garcia is better than you guys give him credit for. I am more worried about him starting in Detroit than Harrington. And I'm not just saying that because he won a Grey Cup for the Stampeders in 1998.

Articnv
08-06-2005, 03:59 AM
My theroy

vikinsg 13 - 3 or 12 - 4

Beers 10 - 6 or 9 - 7

Lions 8 - 8

Packers 7 - 9

vegasvike
08-07-2005, 12:58 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

hey los I said what you have in you sig in my stats class and the prof. wanted to fail me

LosAngelis
08-07-2005, 06:36 PM
"vegasvike" wrote:

hey los I said what you have in you sig in my stats class and the prof. wanted to fail me

:lol:

Tell him to take it up with Benjamin Disraeli (and Mark Twain).

Actually, Stats was the only class in my Math minor I got an A in.

sureban
08-08-2005, 01:31 AM
"PackerPride" wrote:

My prediction for the NFC North in 2005:
1.Minnesota Vikings
2.Detroit Lions
3.Green Bay Packers
4.Chicago Bears

Sincerely,
Mark.

PurpleAndy
08-08-2005, 06:29 PM
I honestly see the NFC North breaking down like this:

Vikings - 12-4
Lions - 9-7
Packers - 8-8
Bears - 4-12

The Vikings, having finally put together a defense my father won't be ashamed of, will dominate right from the start. A loss here and there will keep them honest, but will not prevent them from beating the Eagles 27-10 in the NFC Championship game. The day after the game, Jim Rome will declare Donovan McNabb to be the next Dan Marino without using any contractions. It will be epic.

Lions will go 0-4 and demote Harrington to one spot below Scott Mitchell on the depth chart. Jeff Garcia will lead them to a 9-3 finish, but will likely be playing elsewhere next season after Millen refuses to hand out any money. Kevin Jones will finish with 1400 yards rushing but no one will care cause he's not Barry Sanders. Roy Williams and Mike Williams will emerge as the greatest tandem of wide receivers in the history of the NFL both named Williams. Charles Rogers will suffer a season ending injury when Cory Schlesinger blows a dandelion at him.

The Packers will be mediocre from the start and will salvage a .500 season based solely on Brett Favre's stubborn refusal to go away and stop ruining my football seasons. The Packers defense will finish 31st in the league, resulting in the firing of the Packers DC in Week 8. Vince Lombardi will literally rise from the dead and backhand Mike Sherman.

The Bears will finish 4-12 after Rex Grossman goes down in Week 2 and they finally realize that they still don't have a viable backup quarterback. Cedric Benson holds out until Week 8 a la Bryant McKinnie and finishes the season with a paltry 326 yards rushing. Lovie Smith is fired the day after the Bears final game and is signed a week later by the Patriots after Bill Belichick realizes assistant coaches are neat.