PDA

View Full Version : Williamson vs. Williams



Iktomi
08-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Still think that the Lions got the best of this one.

Now that they are both signed I suppose we will have to wait and see...

GreenBaySlackers
08-02-2005, 12:10 AM
ugh...

Williamson vs. Williams

Donatrious vs. Raonall

Bennett vs. Moore

Colby vs. Swiss


these threads never go away :sad:

cajunvike
08-02-2005, 12:27 AM
The more that I look at it, the more that I think that we got the most upside potential...if it pans out, we might have one of the most dangerous WRs in the league in a year or two...especially if Troy improves his route running and doesn't drop too many balls. Williams may have already reached his peak in college and could end up being nothing more than a decent possession receiver...of course, that might not be too bad of a deal for the Lions either.

Burley81
08-02-2005, 01:17 AM
Williamson's fastest 40 time- 4.3

What we missed in trading Moss was a deep threat, with speed. That is why we got Williamson.

Williams fastest 40 time: 4.4.

Williams most recent- 4.5 and 4.6.

Williams is big and slow. We would of made a mistake in taking him.

michaelmazid
08-02-2005, 01:18 AM
I personally prefer Mike Williams over T.Williamson but I think that Troy will have better numbers since he has a bad azzz QB passing him the ball. Mike Williams is the next coming of Mushin Muhamad.

MensaTice
08-02-2005, 01:20 AM
Who knows really because Pep has so many weapons that Williamson might not have that many catches but can spread the defense and help the team without putting up stats. We'll never know about Mike Williams as long as that d-bag Harrington is trying to run the show for Detroit.

NordicNed
08-02-2005, 01:36 AM
They are totaly two different types of recievers to beging with...

But for our needs, Troy was the Real Deal......I said this even before the draft for those who remember;..

We needed a receiver who can spread the defense, just like Moss did, and I believe Troy is more suited for that than the other...

Let the games begin...

muchluv4smoot
08-02-2005, 01:57 AM
I've done this debate to death. I will save you guys and just say no comment.

NordicNed
08-02-2005, 01:59 AM
Much lov, I love you man.....LOL

MensaTice
08-02-2005, 02:06 AM
Great point Smoot. My only point isn't about who we should have taken or who is better but that we'll never know because harrington is the worst QB in the league

muchluv4smoot
08-02-2005, 02:07 AM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Much lov, I love you man.....LOL


:grin: Thanks.

I don't think people want to hear my rant or get me to start up this debate that has been done to death.

I have moved on and am looking forward to seeing williamson and what he can do. I mean really, who should know more about these 2 players, us or our front office?

muchluv4smoot
08-02-2005, 02:10 AM
"MensaTice" wrote:

Great point Smoot. My only point isn't about who we should have taken or who is better but that we'll never know because harrington is the worst QB in the league


Yeah, I don't think you were around here when I gave my opinion on this subject 100 times. So you might not know it, but I bet almost everybody here knows where I stand on who I felt we should have taken.

Feel free to debate it again if you want, that wasn't my point. My point was I was gonna save everybody and not go on my rant again. :grin:

michaelmazid
08-02-2005, 02:37 AM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

I've done this debate to death. I will save you guys and just say no comment.

hey muchlove, congrats on the name. I just noticed it

fred3105
08-02-2005, 02:39 AM
The browns won.

muchluv4smoot
08-02-2005, 02:43 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

I've done this debate to death. I will save you guys and just say no comment.

hey muchlove, congrats on the name. I just noticed it

Thanks man.

magicci
08-02-2005, 02:46 AM
these threads are getting as popular as the prediction threads.

akvikefan89
08-02-2005, 02:47 AM
I'm happy with Troy. Peolple who were in the chat room on draft day would tell you otherwise (I really wanted Williams) :lol: but the more I read, the more I like Williamson.

ultravikingfan
08-02-2005, 03:55 AM
Troy any day....he's a Vike!

DefensivePlaymaker
08-02-2005, 04:38 AM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

Much lov, I love you man.....LOL


:grin: Thanks.

I don't think people want to hear my rant or get me to start up this debate that has been done to death.

I have moved on and am looking forward to seeing williamson and what he can do. I mean really, who should know more about these 2 players, us or our front office?

i guess we'll see. if williamson and nap. harris work out, then the front office. ... if they don't, then us. because if you would have asked most of us if we would trade moss for nap. harris and troy we would have said no.

muchluv4smoot
08-02-2005, 04:45 AM
"DefensivePlaymaker" wrote:

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

Much lov, I love you man.....LOL


:grin: Thanks.

I don't think people want to hear my rant or get me to start up this debate that has been done to death.

I have moved on and am looking forward to seeing williamson and what he can do. I mean really, who should know more about these 2 players, us or our front office?

i guess we'll see. if williamson and nap. harris work out, then the front office. ... if they don't, then us. because if you would have asked most of us if we would trade moss for nap. harris and troy we would have said no.


Well the FO isn't always right, I would never expect that. But I bet anything they are right way way more then we are, when we disagree with their moves. They do it for a living and see these guys in person. We(me) see them on TV a few times and think we(me) know what we(me) are talking about.

Trust me. I will be the first one to saw I told you so(not you you, but everybody that didn't want mike williams), if mike williams becomes the star I think he will and williamson doesn't turn out(but I do expect good things from williamson, but great?).