PDA

View Full Version : Wide out battle

cc21
07-29-2005, 11:04 PM
Wide receiver is arguably the most interesting position to watch this season. For the first time since 1997, the Vikings will not enter the season with one of the game's most talented receivers in the person of Randy Moss. Although between injuries and early exits from the field, it can be argued Minnesota didn't really have him last year, either.

http://kfan.com/vikings/camp2005/positionbreakdowns/wide_receivers.htm

audioghost
07-29-2005, 11:09 PM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

Wide receiver is arguably the most interesting position to watch this season. For the first time since 1997, the Vikings will not enter the season with one of the game's most talented receivers in the person of Randy Moss. Although between injuries and early exits from the field, it can be argued Minnesota didn't really have him last year, either.

More like for the first time since 1989....Cris Carter was the man before Moss, he has the stats to be like 2nd or 3rd best of all time.....

All time receptions: He's 2nd with 1101
All time recieveing TDs: He's 2nd with 13899
All time recieving/rushing TDs: He's 5th with 130
All time recieving yards: He's 4th with 130

Its been a while since we didn't have a Top 3 reciever in the NFL!

NordicNed
07-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, I was and always will be a Randy Moss Fan...

And I also believe Moss is the most talented WR in the Game today...

But I feel our recievers corps, will do a very good job for us this season, I really want to see what Travis Taylor brings to the table...

I have a gut feeling, he is going to become a very welcomed site in the Purple and Gold......Also, It will be nice to see Troy grow with this group of recievers and add his own spin to the corp.......I say we are sitting mighty fine at this point....Without all the disruptions hoopla...

GQVikesfan
07-29-2005, 11:15 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Don't take this the wrong way, I was and always will be a Randy Moss Fan...

And I also believe Moss is the most talented WR in the Game today...

But I feel our recievers corps, will do a very good job for us this season, I really want to see what Travis Taylor brings to the table...

I have a gut feeling, he is going to become a very welcomed site in the Purple and Gold......Also, It will be nice to see Troy grow with this group of recievers and add his own spin to the corp.......I say we are sitting mighty fine at this point....Without all the disruptions hoopla...

I could'nt have said it better myself! Very good post!

COJOMAY
07-29-2005, 11:32 PM

That's because our running game has not been used as much since Green left. Remember the "Moss-Quota?" What a joke!
The guy that really interests me is Siaha Burley. The player of the year in the Arena League. And even though it may be an inferior league to the NFL, pass catching skills are the same. Add to that a favorite target of Culpepper from college and I think this guy is gonna surprise a lot of folks.

Vrehna
07-29-2005, 11:38 PM
Burley is going to surprise some people. In fact, I think everyone is going to be surprized by how many weapons we have on this team. The thing is, that we have a really good formula working out.

This team is very solid on paper. Definetally a Superbowl qualifying team, but at the same time, Communism looks good and works on paper too, it just simply doesn't in real life.

We could have all of the players in the world, and on paper, it could look unbeatble, but it means nothing until it is tested. We will just have to wait and see...

audioghost
07-29-2005, 11:41 PM
The formula sounds good now....I can't wait till they get on the field.....

Before the Vikings had a top 3 reciever, a pretty good one across from him, then the rest were average players....

This year the Vikings have 4 or 5 pretty good recievers and the other 2 are gonna be average guys....more, less powerful weapons as apposed to less more powerful weapons....

We'll see how this works out!

UkViking
07-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson are going to add good depth to the WR ranks and both play a part in the Vikings success.

TheAnimal93
07-29-2005, 11:59 PM
Don't forget that Wiggy led the Vikes in receptions last year. Wonder if that will hold true to form this year.
It will be very interesting to see who steps forward. I think that Nate will lead in receptions. I smell his first Pro Bowl.

Justin311
07-30-2005, 12:36 AM
The Vikes have been blessed to have someone pass down the torch at WR. Ahmad passed it to Anthony, Anthony was there when Chris came in, and then Chris passed it on to Randy. I think Nate stepping up during Moss' absence late in the season showed his desire to take that roll. His YAC is huge. I truly expect Taylor being in camp to light a fire under Robinson to return to his reliability level of a few years ago. And while I'm not sure what Campbell's status is, I think Saiha and Williamson will open his eyes that the job of "speedy receiver" no longer belongs to him.

The vikes record last year in games without Moss may have been mediocre, but Culpepper showed his ability to spread the ball around during that stretch and become more of a leader.

The passing game was emphasized more last year due in large part to Kleinsasser being out after game 1. A healthy H-back and reliable 3rd down back in Jim will not only add to Culpepper's passing options, but it will bring the running game back to 2002 numbers. Wether or not Bennett stays healthy, there are 3 other RBs who can pick up the slack. And if tey try a cover 2 on Burleson, Williamson, or any of the other WRs, you've got Wiggins down the middle, and if the LB cover Wiggins, Culpepper can give ya 5+ yards on the ground.

Bring on 2005!!!!!!!

mnjamie
07-30-2005, 12:45 AM
I think our receivers will be fine. But if the running game bogs down, then it will be tough for them to create and dominate which will put more pressure on the defense to gel faster.

Daunte' needs to contribute also out of the pocket to help out also.

natethegreat
07-30-2005, 01:01 AM
im really thinking that m rob is going to have a huge year next year, he will get a lot of jump balls near the endzone becuase of his leaping ability and height

HerdDaVikes
07-30-2005, 01:16 AM
It should be interesting to see how it all pans out, I think we do have a solid group of recievers. The only thing I am concerned about is that we have more players that need to have a breakout year. Not everything turns out the way people expect it. If I seem to remember correctly, Ki-Jana Carter was supposed to be a stud, but never amounted to anything. Or for the vikings fans, Dimitrius Underwood. I just worry about not everyone stepping up and all of us being disapointed. Just a bit of pesimisom for you all.

Ltrey33
07-30-2005, 01:42 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

"coreychavous21" wrote:

More like for the first time since 1989....Cris Carter was the man before Moss, he has the stats to be like 2nd or 3rd best of all time.....

You'd think with those kind of TD numbers he'd be first all time! :lol:

magicci
07-30-2005, 04:29 AM
who's car is this i saw this in the training camp photos. that sh!t is hooked up.
http://www.kfan.com/vikings/camp2005/photoviewer/0729/23.jpg

PurplePeopleEaters
07-30-2005, 04:35 AM
"magicci" wrote:

who's car is this i saw this in the training camp photos. that sh!t is hooked up.
http://www.kfan.com/vikings/camp2005/photoviewer/0729/23.jpg

That's Pep's. Did anyone see burly's/ That sh!t is pimp. :cool:

magicci
07-30-2005, 04:37 AM
yea burley's car was a sweet ride too my friend has a car like his.

PurplePeopleEaters
07-30-2005, 04:37 AM
http://www.kfan.com/vikings/camp2005/photoviewer/0729/32.jpg

Nate's ride.

DefensivePlaymaker
07-30-2005, 12:18 PM
"Justin311" wrote:

The Vikes have been blessed to have someone pass down the torch at WR. Ahmad passed it to Anthony, Anthony was there when Chris came in, and then Chris passed it on to Randy. I think Nate stepping up during Moss' absence late in the season showed his desire to take that roll. His YAC is huge. I truly expect Taylor being in camp to light a fire under Robinson to return to his reliability level of a few years ago. And while I'm not sure what Campbell's status is, I think Saiha and Williamson will open his eyes that the job of "speedy receiver" no longer belongs to him.

The vikes record last year in games without Moss may have been mediocre, but Culpepper showed his ability to spread the ball around during that stretch and become more of a leader.

The passing game was emphasized more last year due in large part to Kleinsasser being out after game 1. A healthy H-back and reliable 3rd down back in Jim will not only add to Culpepper's passing options, but it will bring the running game back to 2002 numbers. Wether or not Bennett stays healthy, there are 3 other RBs who can pick up the slack. And if tey try a cover 2 on Burleson, Williamson, or any of the other WRs, you've got Wiggins down the middle, and if the LB cover Wiggins, Culpepper can give ya 5+ yards on the ground.

Bring on 2005!!!!!!!

yeah, we don't even need gun-toting Campbell on this team. I'd cut both him and Onterrio, let them go smoke weed and gang-bang together. We traded the best receiver ever in the NFL because of his distractions, so why put up with a receiver that couldn't hold his jockstrap?

collegeguyjeff
07-30-2005, 03:55 PM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

yeah his hambstring will probably cause him problems all year long and don't forget about them ankles.

Justin311
07-30-2005, 08:42 PM
I agree about Campbell, i think he will be on a short leash with Burley there now.

Burley's ride is sweet, but Burleson's is the best. That ride says "pimp" all the way.

magicci
07-31-2005, 03:10 AM
i think burlseon has the mentallity to be a number one. he just wants the teams to strive and succeed. i know moss wanted the same but burleson looks like the kind of guy you would feel comfortable around at any moment, eveytime i see a pic of him he's always smiles.

fourdoorchevelle
08-01-2005, 05:42 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

"coreychavous21" wrote:

but before chris carter there was A/C !!! i pretty good carter in his own . first name anthony .

fourdoorchevelle
08-01-2005, 05:46 AM
"Justin311" wrote:

Bring on 2005!!!!!!!

damn you beat me 2 it!!

ultravikingfan
08-01-2005, 05:52 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"coreychavous21" wrote:

And last with receiving yards at 130!

Hehee...mixed them-up to prove his point!

V4L
08-01-2005, 06:03 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"ltrey33" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"coreychavous21" wrote:

And last with receiving yards at 130!

Hehee...mixed them-up to prove his point!

Lol I noticed that too.. Just didnt wanna point it out :smile:

magicci
08-01-2005, 06:05 AM
damnit i dont get it.

ultravikingfan
08-01-2005, 06:14 AM
"magicci" wrote:

damnit i dont get it.

He messed-up!

Carter does not have 13,899 TD's!
And he is not 4th in yards with 130. Heck, he can get that in one game.

He had them switched around.

magicci
08-01-2005, 06:15 AM
oh ok i thought u did that to make fun of him because those numbers were confusing the heck out of me.