PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys

enlvikeman
06-24-2005, 04:57 PM
I usually always try to stay optomistic when it comes to my Vikes however I just watched nfl replay with Jags vs. Pack and Darren Sharper looks like a clone of Wassawa Serwanga. Maybe he was hurt but I saw nothing but missed open field tackles, arm tackles (if he did tackle at all), and confusion in coverage from this guy. I guess I probably shouldn't judge the guy from one game...just a little unexcited about the guy.

cajunvike
06-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Sharper will be better this year...he was probably exhausted from having to cover for Batman and Whoopi all year. With AW and Smoot, he will be much more effective....plus he had nagging injuries last year that limited his effectiveness.

enlvikeman
06-24-2005, 05:19 PM
cool I hope so Cajun

Del Rio
06-24-2005, 05:33 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

I usually always try to stay optomistic when it comes to my Vikes however I just watched nfl replay with Jags vs. Pack and Darren Sharper looks like a clone of Wassawa Serwanga. Maybe he was hurt but I saw nothing but missed open field tackles, arm tackles (if he did tackle at all), and confusion in coverage from this guy. I guess I probably shouldn't judge the guy from one game...just a little unexcited about the guy.

I think a lot of people are in for a dissapointment from this guy. And depending on what type of defense is run you may be seeing a lot of missed tackles.....just be glad Winfield will be there to help make the tackles for Smoot Sharper.

DarrinNelsonguy
06-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Let's hope that he performs better than that this season.

V4L
06-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Yah he is known for being a shitty tackler.. I just hope it doesnt hurt us too much next year.. I love his take aways though..

vegasvike
06-24-2005, 06:35 PM
I know that he was the strong safety for the slack last year and SS usually come up to play the run but in that game he was also playing LB wen the LBs should have been

Jviking
06-24-2005, 06:46 PM
I think Sharper will be a bust. All of the packer fans are laughing at our recent pick up. They are glad to see him go...Time will tell. Chavous better come back or we are in trouble.

V4L
06-24-2005, 06:48 PM
He was thier best player in thier secondary though.. So i dont think they are laughing.. Just hoping he does bad.. He does get a ton of picks but misses tackles.. I think he wont need to make as many tackles this year and will be just fine

vegasvike
06-24-2005, 06:51 PM
"Jviking" wrote:

I think Sharper will be a bust. All of the packer fans are laughing at our recent pick up. They are glad to see him go...Time will tell. Chavous better come back or we are in trouble.

Dude they laugh when they look in the mirror, they laugh when they wake up in the morn and see their sheep still laying there sleeping next to them, and they'll laugh when we win the SB. They laugh at everything that's just what retards do

Jviking
06-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Good point. i cant argue.

Ltrey33
06-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Hopefully a new situation and a new coordinator will rejuvinate him a little bit. He's shown in the past he's got the skill to play well, he just needs to find it again.

COJOMAY
06-24-2005, 07:23 PM
I haven't seen many rave reviews about him except from his mouth during the mini-camps.

thepacksux
06-24-2005, 10:42 PM
at least he is better than russell... enough said!

vikings11_27
06-24-2005, 10:48 PM
true, sussel blows!

vikings11_27
06-24-2005, 10:49 PM
***russel

TheAnimal93
06-25-2005, 01:21 AM
Hey Enl,
It's all good. All we need is for the opposing WR's to wear the #84. Watching the Network and the Moss special, every big hit that Moss took on the highlight reel was delivered by Sharper.
But then I think about Moe bowling him over in the playoffs.:???: He had/has some sort of shoulder injury last year, so I've heard. Maybe that had something to do with his performance.
He should want to have big games vs. his former team. So we can expect him to play well twice. :lol:
We will see!

enlvikeman
06-25-2005, 03:13 AM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

Hey Enl,
It's all good. All we need is for the opposing WR's to wear the #84. Watching the Network and the Moss special, every big hit that Moss took on the highlight reel was delivered by Sharper.
But then I think about Moe bowling him over in the playoffs.:???: He had/has some sort of shoulder injury last year, so I've heard. Maybe that had something to do with his performance.
He should want to have big games vs. his former team. So we can expect him to play well twice. :lol:
We will see!

i hope your right animal! man i miss the joey browner days!

bono
06-25-2005, 03:15 AM
VegasVike,
Bono's no retard!!!! :bootyshake:
And for the record: I've decided to pull for the Vikings to def. the Raiders in the Super Bowl.
My boys'll return Lombardi back to title time the season after this coming one.

ultravikingfan
06-25-2005, 05:10 AM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

"TheAnimal93" wrote:

Hey Enl,
We will see!

Me too! What a D we had back then!

DarrinNelsonguy
06-25-2005, 05:11 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"enlvikeman" wrote:

"TheAnimal93" wrote:

Hey Enl,
We will see!

Browner was a stud and he also has a black belt in karate as well I think.

Mr. Purple
06-25-2005, 05:14 AM
Sometimes I question players...but you gota think about this...If this guy was as crappy as some people think he is gonna be, the vikings would not bring him in, and sign him and waste thier money. You can make fun of anyone in the front office all you want, they just wouldnt. People have off games, randy moss had games where he didnt put up huge numbers or even put up anything worth while. But there is not one raider fan like...MAN HES GONNA SUCK! so have faith fellow Vike fans!

RK.
06-25-2005, 07:00 AM
Sharper will be just fine. The cheese heads are just praying he will have a bad year so they don't look stoopid for losing him. When you are the only D back on the field that has any idea what he is doing you are going to not look so good. I think generally he was trying to cover too much ground hurt last year. Its tough when you have no help.

bono
06-25-2005, 07:13 AM
RK,
I totally agree with you. He had to pretty much do every other guys' work on the Packer defensive end. And no, I don't hate Sharper. I was way upset when the team wanted to cut his salary...leading to his departure. I know Sharper's a good safety. And oh I can't wait when he lights it up this coming season!!! I'll be cheering him on the entire way (except when he's pickin' off Favre every time he's on the field...YIKES!!!).

ItalianStallion
06-25-2005, 07:29 AM
Dunno, I'm not expecting alot from him this year. I think we overpaid for him. Hopefully though, he will be an improvement over Russell, who played horrible last year.

ultravikingfan
06-25-2005, 02:16 PM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"enlvikeman" wrote:

"TheAnimal93" wrote:

Hey Enl,
We will see!

Browner was a stud and he also has a black belt in karate as well I think.

Thats true! He had such great arm strength. He used to be able to stick his arm out and pull the ball carrier to the ground with ease.

TheAnimal93
06-25-2005, 02:27 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

"TheAnimal93" wrote:

Hey Enl,
We will see!

I do as well! #47 was the shiznit!
The good ol Serwanga/Tate experiment. Sounds like a bad acid trip. :lol:

vegasvike
06-25-2005, 11:09 PM
"bono" wrote:

VegasVike,
Bono's no retard!!!! :bootyshake:
And for the record: I've decided to pull for the Vikings to def. the Raiders in the Super Bowl.
My boys'll return Lombardi back to title time the season after this coming one.

hey not everyone on the shortbus is special you know? I mean who's gonna drive the bus? But I always had Los as the driver maybe you can be the bus aide huh? :lol: