PDA

View Full Version : Best Vikings Ever?

DeathtoDenny
06-22-2005, 01:40 AM
I don't think, as a team, the Vikings have ever been this balanced. We have the weapons to be the number one offense and personell to have a top 10 defense. Williamson, Burleson, Cambell, Robinson, Taylor, Wiggins, Kleinsasser, Bennet, Moore, MOE, Fason, Edinger (a real kicker!), Culpepper spraying it everywhere with BJ wearin the headset.....As long as our O-Line stays healthy, its all over.
I'm pretty damn excited.

cajunvike
06-22-2005, 01:46 AM
As long as we win when it counts, I don't care where we rank...but saying that, we will probably have to be Top 10 on both sides of the ball to have a chance to win it all! GO VIKES!!!

PurplePeopleEaters
06-22-2005, 02:10 AM
"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

I don't think, as a team, the Vikings have ever been this balanced. We have the weapons to be the number one offense and personell to have a top 10 defense. Williamson, Burleson, Cambell, Robinson, Taylor, Wiggins, Kleinsasser, Bennet, Moore, MOE, Fason, Edinger (a real kicker!), Culpepper spraying it everywhere with BJ wearin the headset.....As long as our O-Line stays healthy, its all over.
I'm pretty gol 'darnit excited.

We look good ON PAPER. That doesn't mean that we will be the best team in football. We are pretty darn close though. :grin:

ultravikingfan
06-22-2005, 02:18 AM
1998 and some of the 70's teams could also be considered. I guess we will find out soon enough.

DarrinNelsonguy
06-22-2005, 02:21 AM
The 1998 team was great too bad our coaching staff didn't have the balls to put away the Dirty birds when we had the chance. (Why did you have to bring this up it pains me to talk about 98 and the past).

VikingMike
06-22-2005, 02:27 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

1998 and some of the 70's teams could also be considered. I guess we will find out soon enough.

If this defense plays as well as some of the 70's teams, and the offense plays as well as the past few years, we will be in for a treat this year. But a lot remains to be seen...still, it's very exciting to be going into a season with such optimism.

http://hometown.aol.com/mcmlvi88/images/page%20rushing.jpg

cc21
06-22-2005, 02:33 AM
I have no idea if this is the best vikings team ever because i wasnt around during the 70's. We will find out this season i guess.

COJOMAY
06-22-2005, 04:11 AM
Yes, things are looking good RIGHT NOW! But our running game will vanish if Kleinsasser and and Bennet get injured which they are prone to do. Then defenses can just sit back and play against our passing game and we're in trouble. We need another big blocking back or a pulling lineman like Kleinsasser.

canadian_vikes_fan
06-22-2005, 04:23 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Yes, things are looking good RIGHT NOW! But our running game will vanish if Kleinsasser and and Bennet get injured which they are prone to do. Then defenses can just sit back and play against our passing game and we're in trouble. We need another big blocking back or a pulling lineman like Kleinsasser.Kleinsasser isn't exactly injury-prone. He had one unlucky break and was injured - but just once. Most players don't go through their entire careers without getting injured at least once. So I think it's unfair to lable Jimmy as injury prone and put him in the same category as Bennett.

They'll both be healthy this year and our offence (and our running game) will kick @ss.

V4L
06-22-2005, 04:25 AM
I wouldnt say best team EVER.. Definitaly up there if we play how I think we can/should

COJOMAY
06-22-2005, 04:56 AM
Well, Klinesasser may not be as injury prone as Bennett but he has missed several games in 2002 and 2003 with broken leg (small tibea bone) a groin injury, planter fachetis, and sprained ankles.

DemonicViking
06-22-2005, 05:08 AM
I'm happy about the balance we have now, but let's wait and see how it pans out before making a statement like that.

TheAnimal93
06-22-2005, 05:16 AM
The Vikings of 2005 have yet to compare themselves to anyone yet.
It's way too early yet to make such comparisons.
But I do share your excitement for the upcoming year.
We do look good now even without "you-know-who"! :grin:
If they are anywhere close to the 70's defense the whole league better beware.
:twisted: :wink:

DemonicViking
06-22-2005, 05:18 AM
Who is this "you-know-who" you speak of?

TheAnimal93
06-22-2005, 05:20 AM
uhhhhhhh....ummmmmmm
you know!
:grin:

ultravikingfan
06-22-2005, 05:36 AM
When we win this Super Bowl this year all doubts and predictions will be answered! http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/026.gif

olson_10
06-22-2005, 05:52 AM
we will definintely contend, il say that much..what i cant stand is all this talk about comparing us to the redskins..its a completely different situation as washington had nothing before making their moves, while we had a #1 offense and poor defense that we severely upgraded, and only making 1 sacrifice offensively..we will certainly be division champs at least

bryonfos
06-25-2005, 07:02 AM
Replace Bennett with Bill Brown and this years team could be it.