PDA

View Full Version : Don't You Want Moss Back?

vikings11_27
06-19-2005, 04:48 AM
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~uthink/moss2004.zip

Download this video from the U of Minnesota. Doesn't it make you want Randy Moss back? :sad: :cry:

PurplePeopleEaters
06-19-2005, 04:52 AM
actually, no.

I miss moss as much as the rest of you but we really have a good recieving corps in Minnesota now. We got rid of the attitude and didn't slump in the talent category. We were never a serious super bowl team with Moss other than '98. Now (on paper) we look like we could make a good run at the Super Bowl.

He was amazing while he lasted. Now it's Nate, TT and Troy's time to shine.

akvikefan89
06-19-2005, 04:55 AM
Um, No.
I like the way things look right now. Without Moss.

vikings11_27
06-19-2005, 04:57 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

actually, no.

I miss moss as much as the rest of you but we really have a good recieving corps in Minnesota now. We got rid of the attitude and didn't slump in the talent category. We were never a serious super bowl team with Moss other than '98. Now (on paper) we look like we could make a good run at the Super Bowl.

I agree, but they won't have a consistent deep threat until Tory comes around.

vikings11_27
06-19-2005, 04:57 AM
****Troy

akvikefan89
06-19-2005, 04:58 AM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

actually, no.

I agree, but they won't have a consistent deep threat until Tory comes around.
Other teams win without deep threats.

happy camper
06-19-2005, 04:58 AM
culpepper was on kfan a few days ago. he actually talked a little about moss. i thought there would be a huge buzz about this, but i havent seen any articles around.

(very loosly quotes, just to get the general idea)

"now we're a team"-- he didnt name any names, but its obvious it was about moss

"now we have players who wont take plays off"--- again, not naming any names, but you know who.

"it was hard to come to work every day and not know which side you're going to get"--- this time, he was actually directly referencing randy moss.

again, if someone has an article about it, that would be cool. i looked on kfan and couldnt find it. actually, sound clips would work too.

so yeah, if the quarterback of my team wants moss gone.. i want moss gone.

akvikefan89
06-19-2005, 04:59 AM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

****Troy
You say that about a #7 overall pick on your favorite team :shock: :eek:

(then why is he on your favorite players list :scratch: ?)

akvikefan89
06-19-2005, 05:00 AM
"happy camper" wrote:

culpepper was on kfan a few days ago. he actually talked a little about moss. i thought there would be a huge buzz about this, but i havent seen any articles around.

(very loosly quotes, just to get the general idea)

"now we're a team"-- he didnt name any names, but its obvious it was about moss

"now we have players who wont take plays off"--- again, not naming any names, but you know who.

"it was hard to come to work every day and not know which side you're going to get"--- this time, he was actually directly referencing randy moss.

again, if someone has an article about it, that would be cool. i looked on kfan and couldnt find it. actually, sound clips would work too.

so yeah, if the quarterback of my team wants moss gone.. i want moss gone.
Moss always was a thorn in Culpepper's side on the sidelines. Can't blame Peppy for not being upset about seeing him go...

vikings11_27
06-19-2005, 05:02 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

****Troy
I'm just sating that I don't think he will be a starter this year, and in a 2 TE offense, he won't get many chances. I still like him though...Got his jersey

akvikefan89
06-19-2005, 05:03 AM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

****Troy
I'm just sating that I don't think he will be a starter this year, and in a 2 TE offense, he won't get many chances. I still like him though...Got his jersey
Most rookies aren't.

vikings11_27
06-19-2005, 05:06 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

****Troy
Most rookies aren't.
That's why I said they won't have a consistent deep threat, becausehe there will, for the most part, only be one when he is on the field.

akvikefan89
06-19-2005, 05:11 AM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

****Troy
Most rookies aren't.
That's why I said they won't have a consistent deep threat, becausehe there will, for the most part, only be one when he is on the field.
Deep threats don't decide the skill level of an offense.

vikings11_27
06-19-2005, 05:13 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

****Troy
Most rookies aren't.

But It spreads out the D, and it helps create room for the run game and makes play action more effective.

akvikefan89
06-19-2005, 05:16 AM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

****Troy
Most rookies aren't.

But It spreads out the D, and it helps create room for the run game and makes play action more effective.
Who is the deep threat on the Patriots? Also, Travis Taylor is no slow poke. You don't need Moss speed to be a deep threat.

vikings11_27
06-19-2005, 05:20 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

****Troy
Most rookies aren't.

Who is the deep threat on the Patriots? Also, Travis Taylor is no slow poke. You don't need Moss speed to be a deep threat.
Good point...What order do think these guys will be in? Burleson, Robinson, Taylor, Campbell, Williamson, Howry.

I think it'll be:
1. Burleson
2. Taylor
3. Robinson
4. Williamson
Then campbell and Howry should be traded or assigned to the practive squad or NFL Europe

akvikefan89
06-19-2005, 05:23 AM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

****Troy
Most rookies aren't.

Good point...What order do think these guys will be in? Burleson, Robinson, Taylor, Campbell, Williamson, Howry.

I think it'll be:
1. Burleson
2. Taylor
3. Robinson
4. Williamson
Then campbell and Howry should be traded or assigned to the practive squad or NFL Europe
That looks right. By the end of the season Robinson will probably only be used on red zone plays.
I think we still need Cambell and/or Howry for special teams.

vikings11_27
06-19-2005, 05:26 AM
Ya, but i heard that they were using Troy for special teams at the developmental camp. Sounds like a good idea to me. Moss did that his rookie season too.

akvikefan89
06-19-2005, 05:28 AM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

Ya, but i heard that they were using Troy for special teams at the developmental camp. Sounds like a good idea to me. Moss did that his rookie season too.
They might...
IMO rookies should not be used for special teams. I have seen to many plays where a rookie returner try's to return a punt and fumbles the ball because he got creamed half a second after catching it. Injury concerns also.

vikings11_27
06-19-2005, 05:30 AM
true, so they'll probably want to get rid of cmapbell or howry, whichever costs more most likely. Maybe they could get a late round draft pick.

cajunvike
06-19-2005, 05:46 AM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

****Troy

****You!!!

(and I am assuming that **** stands for LOVE, right).

:grin:

DPep11
06-19-2005, 06:14 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"vikings11_27" wrote:

****Troy

****You!!!

(and I am assuming that **** stands for LOVE, right).

:grin:

I thought he was just correcting his mistake when he spelled his name "Tory"?

ultravikingfan
06-19-2005, 06:18 AM
Do I want Moss back?

Sure.

But, I am happy with the team we have.

Can we have Hoard back too? :lol:

cajunvike
06-19-2005, 06:22 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Do I want Moss back?

Sure.

Screw Hoard...what about bringing Robert Smith back...he probably could whip himself back into shape fairly easily!!!

ItalianStallion
06-19-2005, 06:24 AM
Moss was instrumental in winning many games for us, of course I would want him back.

ultravikingfan
06-19-2005, 06:26 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Do I want Moss back?

Sure.

Screw Hoard...what about bringing Robert Smith back...he probably could whip himself back into shape fairly easily!!!

Screw Smith...bring back Scotty Graham!

DemonicViking
06-19-2005, 06:27 AM
Judging from one of my sigs you'll know what the answer is.

akvikefan89
06-19-2005, 06:30 AM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

Judging from one of my sigs you'll know what the answer is.
That Moss' nickname is Demonic viking and now he wears a hat with spikes on it and has a huge beard?

Oh... the other sig... :wink: :lol:

Ltrey33
06-19-2005, 06:37 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Do I want Moss back?

Sure.

Oh man! I miss LeRoy Hoard! Good ol' LeRoy....while we're at it, can we bring back Chris Walsh too?

cajunvike
06-19-2005, 06:39 AM
Let's bring back Spergon Wynn while we are at it....to use as a tackling dummy!!! LOL

akvikefan89
06-19-2005, 06:40 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Let's bring back Spergon Wynn while we are at it....to use as a tackling dummy!!! LOL
or a speed bump in the stadium parking lot :lol:

DemonicViking
06-19-2005, 06:41 AM
Can't we just use Red as one? I'm sure many of you would concur on that.

zeppelin4534
06-19-2005, 07:11 AM
I love hoard. he always got us the extra yardage. If we needed 3, he would get 4 or 5. He was such a great back. Miss him a lot. Chris Walsh...cant say enough about him on special teams. He was a monster. He would also come up with some pretty damn good catches. He was amazing at trash talking as well, but was also a dedicated player. That reminds me of John Randle, my second favorite player ever behind Cris Carter. I remember watching a video of Randle talking to a ref about fishing during a playoff game.

collegeguyjeff
06-19-2005, 10:26 AM

actually, no.

i think our receivers are more balanced and i think that is a good thing, rather than one good receiver. i also think burleson's good season helped us decide to trade moss

midgensa
06-19-2005, 10:34 AM
Anyone who doesnt want him back does not understand how great he is ... that said ... I am very happy with the team we have

douginc
06-19-2005, 03:17 PM
"zeppelin4534" wrote:

I love hoard. he always got us the extra yardage. If we needed 3, he would get 4 or 5. He was such a great back. Miss him a lot. Chris Walsh...cant say enough about him on special teams. He was a monster. He would also come up with some pretty gol 'darnit good catches. He was amazing at trash talking as well, but was also a dedicated player. That reminds me of John Randle, my second favorite player ever behind Cris Carter. I remember watching a video of Randle talking to a ref about fishing during a playoff game.

I loved when, years ago, they quoted Hoard as saying something close to: "If the team needs 2 yards, I can get you five. If the team needs 7, I can get you five." My brother and I still quote that line! Anyone else remember that quote?

akavikefan1969
06-19-2005, 03:25 PM
loved Leroy but give me old Buzz Cut Bill Brown.
As for Moss...Like other Great Viking Players ala Alan Page to the Bears.
I hope he continues to do great things, and someday find his way home.
Remember he didnt ask to be trade...he was not holding out for a new contract.

Schleppy
06-19-2005, 03:36 PM
I think the quote was "If they wanted me to get 1 yard, I would get them 3 and if they wanted 5 yards I would get them 3." lOL The original Thunder and Lightning. (not Dane and Barber) Smith and Hoard. they stole that name from them.

douginc
06-19-2005, 03:44 PM
"Schleppy" wrote:

I think the quote was "If they wanted me to get 1 yard, I would get them 3 and if they wanted 5 yards I would get them 3." lOL The original Thunder and Lightning. (not Dane and Barber) Smith and Hoard. they stole that name from them.

Thanks, that does sound right. Actually, though, supposedly Hoard was a bit of an @$$. My present girlfriend said she met him at training camp a long time ago and he yelled at fans for attending their training. He said something like it's kind of sad people want to come and bother the players and they should have better things to do. I have no idea to the validity of this statement, however. My girlfriend isn't the lying type though. Well, who cares, the guy was a steamroller.

RandyMoss8404
06-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Screw Randy. We need D'Wayne Bates.

ultravikingfan
06-19-2005, 04:16 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Screw Randy. We need D'Wayne Bates.

I was waiting for you to have a " :lol: " at the end. Since you are the "Defender of Moss". :lol:

bryonfos
06-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Life without Randy is going to be boring and uneventful, I disagree with most everyone else about the state of our receiving core. Before Moss we had not much of a passing game for several decades, I fear after Moss it will be more of the same. I think Troy will supplant Burleson as the #1 receiver about half way through the season. Our offensive livelyhood lies within Troy and Daunte, without that combination we are screwed. Thus explaining why the defense was upgraded so severely, to ofset the offenses inability to score many points. Sorry everyone, just my opinion.

PurplePeopleEaters
06-19-2005, 05:01 PM
I don't necessarily agree with the Moss trade. I don't think anyone did but the reason I am trying to say that we are going to be better without him is so people like you will get over it and start realizing that we are a better OVERALL team.

Does anyone here want a person who doesn't know the defenition of team and frankly doesn't want to know the defenition of team?

Face it. The guy was holding us back and the organization did the right thing by trading him. After many years of watching Tice, Red, and co. make so called "bad decision after bad decision" I finally trust them. Everyone is yelling and screaming when we trade Moss. Everyone in the NFL automatically writes us off. We get a defense. Everyone says we are SB contenders if we get Mike Williams. We pass on Mike Williams for Troy Williamson and everyone starts yelling again.

Just try to have faith and stop bickering. Randy was a good player while he lasted but now he is gone. Our team will NOT be boring and if you think they will be, then go watch the raiders.

bryonfos
06-19-2005, 05:11 PM
FYI, I will watch the Raiders. Randy is still my favorite player and will be for awhile. After the futility of the 80's I got used to losing, but I still support my team and take all the criticsm on the chin. The 90's is when all the bandwagon fans jumped on, and the late 00's is when they will jump off. Thankfully, I'm sick of bandwagon fans.

jdvike
06-19-2005, 05:12 PM
"Schleppy" wrote:

Actually the original thunder and lightning was the 2 Saints rb's Chuck Muncie and Tony Galbreath.

Banana_Fish
06-19-2005, 06:59 PM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~uthink/moss2004.zip

Download this video from the U of Minnesota. Doesn't it make you want Randy Moss back? :sad: :cry:

lol.. no one seems to have mentioned it.. but thats a nice video... :)

and my opinion of Moss.. no one man makes a team.. even if they had to trade C-pep somewhere down the line.. ill still follow the Vikes.. (partly coz they show only Vikes games on TV in minneapolis.. lol. jus kidding )

but it is as much a fault of the Vikings organization as it is that of moss as to what has happened.. there are no "UNMANAGEABLE" people.. there are only bad managers...

vikings11_27
06-19-2005, 07:32 PM
think about it. they could have still had moss and a good linebacker by signing ed hartwell, kendrell bell or antonio pierce.

ItalianStallion
06-19-2005, 07:48 PM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

think about it. they could have still had moss and a good linebacker by signing ed hartwell, kendrell bell or antonio pierce.

MAybe, but we couldn't have signed Smoot, Pat Williams, Sharper etc.

vikings11_27
06-19-2005, 07:50 PM
but we couldve had all those guys..pat williams, fred smott, sharper, taylor, and cowart, and signed hartwell and still had randy

cc21
06-19-2005, 07:52 PM
I never wanted moss to leave. So yeah I want him back. I am however very happy with what our team looks like now but i still wish we had randy.

happy camper
06-19-2005, 08:26 PM
sometimes, i think people forget that stats dont tell the whole story one a player.

cc21
06-19-2005, 08:33 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

sometimes, i think people forget that stats dont tell the whole story one a player.no, they don't. but i loved moss and everything about him. I didn't care to much about his attitude because he could back it up. Randy Moss is the reason I even started liking the Vikings. In 98 I watched the Vikings opener when he got his first td of the nfl and bobbled it in the endzone in double coverage and then jumped into the crowd. I thought, man this guy is amazing. Ever since that game I have been hooked on the Vikings and Randy Moss. However he is gone and it is time to move on. I am glad we had him for 7 years and without him, I wouldnt have been a vikigs fan. Thanks for the memories randy.

NeedToMove2Minnesota
06-19-2005, 09:19 PM
I think it's pretty simple. Randy Moss is the best reciever in the game today and possibly the best ever. I don't care who you are or what you do, if you're compared to Jerry Rice frequently than obviously it's good to have you.

vikings11_27
06-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Hes not gonna keep on the pace that he was on in Minne though, there is no way he will have the same numbers with kerry kolins.

VKG4LFE
06-19-2005, 09:29 PM
I would want him back, but I'm not going to sit and dwell on it! We'll be ok without him and there really isn't anything that is going to change!!

fred3105
06-19-2005, 09:44 PM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

Hes not gonna keep on the pace that he was on in Minne though, there is no way he will have the same numbers with kerry kolins.

Why you say that? He did it with Jeff George and Randell Cunningham.

VKG4LFE
06-19-2005, 09:49 PM
True he did play with those QBs, but I think if his numbers drop it'll be because he is playing most of his games on natural grass.

bryonfos
06-19-2005, 09:50 PM
That is very true, not only did Daunte make Moss look good but Moss made Daunte look good also. We may see who truely made the other that much better.

RandyMoss8404
06-19-2005, 09:54 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

True he did play with those QBs, but I think if his numbers drop it'll be because he is playing most of his games on natural grass.

Uhm

Know that famous 4.25 Moss ran? Yeah, that was on natural grass.

VKG4LFE
06-19-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm not saying that he is going to suck, but he doesn't play as well on natural grass than on turf or in a dome.

SamDawg84
06-19-2005, 11:26 PM
moss is goin to have a little challenge now. he is goin to have surtain and champ bailey covering him now plus there is more compitition to be the best wr in the afc for him now.

VKG4LFE
06-19-2005, 11:28 PM
I don't think that surtain or Bailey will give him problems!

DemonicViking
06-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Here's 22 pages worth, of the man..

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c7%7crandy+moss%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=6

VKG4LFE
06-19-2005, 11:33 PM
"the man" being who exactly? I just saw a bunch of Cincinnati Bungles!

DemonicViking
06-19-2005, 11:40 PM
Try it now, otherwise go to gettyimages.com and find a bunch of Moss pics.

VKG4LFE
06-19-2005, 11:42 PM
That's what I'm talkin' about! He still is my favorite player and probably always will be, no matter what color jersey he wears!!

VKG4LFE
06-19-2005, 11:46 PM
There's gotta be somebody out there that can put together a Randy Moss highlight/interview video from his college days all the way through this years training camp! That would be something I would definitely buy! They could put on all his great catches, his TDs all his interviews (good and bad) they could put the walking off the field, the mooning, you name it! That would be awesome!

cc21
06-19-2005, 11:48 PM
VKG4LFE that would be like the coolest thing ever.

VKG4LFE
06-19-2005, 11:49 PM
Yeah I know!! Any takers out there that are computer savvy and then could burn the video onto a disk!!??

DemonicViking
06-19-2005, 11:54 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

There's gotta be somebody out there that can put together a Randy Moss highlight/interview video from his college days all the way through this years training camp! That would be something I would definitely buy! They could put on all his great catches, his TDs all his interviews (good and bad) they could put the walking off the field, the mooning, you name it! That would be awesome!

How about the official that got squirted with water, gotta add that there.

cc21
06-19-2005, 11:55 PM
If someone could do it but doesnt have any videos i could send mine to you. I have a video of every single one of moss's touchdowns, and a lot of his catches. I also have like 4 or 5 videos of him doing interveiws.

DemonicViking
06-20-2005, 12:00 AM
You'd have to add music too, what do you suggest?

cc21
06-20-2005, 12:06 AM
Do you know how to do it Demonic?

DemonicViking
06-20-2005, 12:11 AM
No, I think VKG4LFE may be our only hope, lol.

Mr. Purple
06-20-2005, 01:06 AM
that getty images website is amazing man!!!!!

cc21
06-20-2005, 01:11 AM
what getty images website?

DemonicViking
06-20-2005, 01:17 AM
It's the link I just posted, with all the Moss pictures. Can't miss it.

RandyMoss8404
06-20-2005, 01:19 AM
Moss is about to tear up the AFC

Champ Bailey got done by CHAD JOHNSON, ok?

cc21
06-20-2005, 01:26 AM
thanks for posting that link demonic. that site is awsome.

IbleedPURPLEandGOLD
06-20-2005, 01:41 AM
I want Randy back, yes.

muchluv4smoot
06-20-2005, 02:18 AM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

but we couldve had all those guys..pat williams, fred smott, sharper, taylor, and cowart, and signed hartwell and still had randy

Moss is still my favorite player, but this statement is only true for this season. Try looking past this season, and no we couldn't have had all those guys. We have burleson, kevin williams and bryant mckinnie who will all want new contracts after this season, which we wouldn't be able to afford. Which would mean we would have to trade them or cut some of the guys we just signed this offseason. Even if those 3 guys didn't ask for new contracts, we still would be in cap hell with moss and the guys we signed this offseason, and that is without hartwell, bell or pierce signing here.

You need to look past this season's cap, when saying we could afford moss and all the players we signed, because that is exactly what the coaches and front office does. They don't just load up for one year and then dismantle the team, like baseball teams do, ie the florida marlins after their first world series win.

We also could have had a WR and QB fighting to be the leader of the offense, like we have had in the past few years. We could have a teammate who pissed off some of the more respected players on our team, last year with some of his statements. We could have a player that pissed off the coach, with some of his statements last year. We could have a player that our players just plain don't repsect anymore.

Even though moss is my favorite player, the vikes are better off without him, even if our offense isn't as good. It's not about our offense, it's about our TEAM as a whole, and as a whole our team will be better. And team is more than offense and defense. If the patriots haven't taught us the importance of respecting your teammates and having great team chemistry, then we are cluless.

It will be nice having moss playing on the raiders this year, because all the good he does on the field ,making plays, will be great for his viking fans, and then all the negative attitude will hurt the raiders instead of us, which won't bother me either, since I am not a raider fan. You get the good and don't have to worry about the bad. :grin: I wish moss the best in oakland and hopes he tears it up. But oakland is in the same shape we have been for a long time. Moss will have a great year in oakland, but it won't matter cause their D will be horrible again.

whackthepack
06-20-2005, 03:06 PM
If we can not dop anything withour Randy then why are so many experts picking us for either the Superbowl or the NFC titloe game?

And if Randy is so indispensable, then why are his team mates from last year glad he is gone? (except for that bitch Kelly Campbell)

Del Rio
06-20-2005, 03:08 PM
No I don't want Moss back.

Prophet
06-20-2005, 03:50 PM
No.

Pigskin Bigs
06-20-2005, 05:33 PM
No mas... I mean No Moss.

Of course we all loved him making plays...but we are a TEAM now.

cajunvike
06-20-2005, 05:50 PM
If (when) we win a Super Bowl, then I won't miss him too much...but if we don't then, yes I would miss him, since getting rid of him wouldn't have accomplished anything better than we have had so far, plus we would have missed out on all of the highlight catches that Randy would have provided.

Let's just wait and see...I am hoping that I won't be missing him too much after the Vikings winning two or three Super Bowls!!!

happy camper
06-20-2005, 06:36 PM
i always hated when moss did something stupid.. and my family members and friends who arnt big vikings fans would say "you support this guy?"

i wish i was really talented at something, that way when i did something stupid.. half of the people out there would still support me.

Prophet
06-20-2005, 07:07 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

i wish i was really talented at something, that way when i did something stupid.. half of the people out there would still support me.

Funny. You still have hope. A 95 year old man (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/more/06/20/japan.sprinter.ap/index.html?cnn=yes) just set a 100 m record. You just have to live to be 100 and then set some record for the age group of 100-110 and you will be in the books and loved by all.

Del Rio
06-20-2005, 07:37 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

i always hated when moss did something stupid.. and my family members and friends who arnt big vikings fans would say "you support this guy?"

I'm sure you do stupid things all the time. And your family still supports you.

magicci
06-20-2005, 07:50 PM
hmmm now i know how all those ppl felt when they said they didnt want moss on their teams

OchoCinco
06-20-2005, 08:06 PM
I think having Moss was like having a Lebron James....it was nice to ohh and ahhh and say they torched your azz, but when it comes down to it would you rather be a side show or win a crown. Theres no I in team and I would rather have the team......

fred3105
06-20-2005, 09:10 PM
"gdavikes84" wrote:

I think having Moss was like having a Lebron James....it was nice to ohh and ahhh and say they torched your azz, but when it comes down to it would you rather be a side show or win a crown. Theres no I in team and I would rather have the team......

Why cant it be like Michael Jordan?

magicci
06-20-2005, 09:11 PM
jordan won championships

nsavarirayan
06-20-2005, 10:11 PM
I will leave it at this: Any guy who moons the packers crowd and wipes his butt on the packs goal post is good in my book!!!!!!!! Not to mention getting under the skin of all those Favre Butt Lickers like Berman, Joe Buck and the whole ESPN crew!

I will truly miss this guy and the Vikes will find out how much they miss this guy when the season starts. The defense will be good (hopefully) but the offense will not be as good as before (but still good don't get me wrong - just not 30+ points a game).

FuadFan
06-20-2005, 10:29 PM
We still had 30 points against the packers in the regular season with next to no help of Moss. Add in Williamson, Taylor, and Kleinsausser who weren't there and you can easily get any of the TDs that Moss contributed.

Del Rio
06-20-2005, 10:34 PM
To add to that him being here didn't guarantee 30+ In fact I think there were about 8 games we didn't hit 30 with him dressing last year. But that doesn't matter I got the point the poster was making in that he being gone is definately a knock to the offense no doubt.

The way I view Moss is I respected his potential and he amazed me with some of the plays he had for us. I won't miss him, I watched A.Carter make crazy catches, I watched Chris Carter make amazing plays......but I have moved beyond Moss bashing, and now that he is not on the team i support I am less critical of him.

nsavarirayan
06-20-2005, 10:37 PM
"FuadFan" wrote:

We still had 30 points against the packers in the regular season with next to no help of Moss. Add in Williamson, Taylor, and Kleinsausser who weren't there and you can easily get any of the TDs that Moss contributed.

I don't mean to say we won't score 30+, it just won't be as easy. Also, the pack had (still have) one of the worst defenses so 30 against them won't say too much. I expect our success to be a decent defense that holds the score to more "normal" numbers and the offense manages the clock well with good running and chain moving 7-15 yard passes. Like has been said before Troy may not even start - but i do like taylor.

cajunvike
06-20-2005, 10:40 PM
As long as we WIN, I don't care how much we score...just as long as it is more points than the other team. AFTER we win a couple of championships, we can start worrying about scoring alot of points...remember, they don't give trophies out for scoring the most points in a season, only for winning the last game that you play once you make the playoffs...and only ONE team does that every year! May this be our year!!!

nsavarirayan
06-20-2005, 10:51 PM
Yeah the scoring title in 98 didn't help me get to bed at night after we lost to Atlanta. I'm surprised I didn't kill myself!

cc21
06-20-2005, 11:39 PM
"gdavikes84" wrote:

I think having Moss was like having a Lebron James....it was nice to ohh and ahhh and say they torched your azz, but when it comes down to it would you rather be a side show or win a crown. Theres no I in team and I would rather have the team......theres no we either. :lol:

akvikefan89
06-20-2005, 11:43 PM
"nsavarirayan" wrote:

Yeah the scoring title in 98 didn't help me get to bed at night after we lost to Atlanta. I'm surprised I didn't kill myself!
That's harsh! :shock:

nsavarirayan
06-20-2005, 11:48 PM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"nsavarirayan" wrote:

That's harsh! :shock:

Yeah I was exagerrating quite a bit but seriously I was in bad shape after that loss - it took several weeks for me to get over it.

cc21
06-20-2005, 11:50 PM
It took my several weeks to get over that damn giants loss, 41 nothing

nsavarirayan
06-20-2005, 11:54 PM
yeah that was a bad one too. But we had the Atlanta game wrapped up - In fact I don't want to talk about that stuff.

cc21
06-20-2005, 11:56 PM
"nsavarirayan" wrote:

yeah that was a bad one too. But we had the Atlanta game wrapped up - In fact I don't want to talk about that stuff.I know what you mean, if I start talking about it I'm gonna get pissed off all over again.

zeppelin4534
06-21-2005, 03:45 AM
I cant believe we didnt win that atylanta game, we were such a great team and much much better than any team in the NFL, especially the Falcons. anyways, that was 7 years ago, i think this is our time now. Moss is gone, our offense will be different yes, but its more balanced and is more solid. Moss was amazing and the second best to ever play, behind Cris, but we have many capable receivers that are gonna do it. I have no worries.