PDA

View Full Version : Current Vegas Superbowl odds



oldschoolmikey
06-16-2005, 09:44 PM
New England Patriots 4/1
Philadelphia Eagles 4/1
Indianapolis Colts 4/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 8/1
Atlanta Falcons 10/1
San Diego Chargers 15/1
Green Bay Packers 12/1
New York Jets 17/1
Denver Broncos 25/1
Kansas City Chiefs 17/1
Carolina Panthers 17/1
Baltimore Ravens 15/1
Buffalo Bills 20/1
St. Louis Rams 22/1
Seattle Seahawks 25/1
Minnesota Vikings 12/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 17/1
Dallas Cowboys 15/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 35/1
Tennessee Titans 60/1
New Orleans Saints 50/1
Washington Redskins 30/1
Cincinatti Bengals 30/1
New York Giants 50/1
Detroit Lions 50/1
Arizona Cardinals 60/1
Houston Texans 60/1
Cleveland Browns 100/1
Oakland Raiders 20/1
Miami Dolphins 70/1
Chicago Bears 40/1
San Francisco 49ers 150/1



I was a little to suprised to see the Falcons,Steelers,and the Packers all have the same or better odds to win the Superbowl.

Del Rio
06-16-2005, 09:45 PM
12/1?

Sounds like I better make me a six hour drive.

michaelmazid
06-16-2005, 09:59 PM
:thebirdman: what a joke. Green bay crapers have better odds than we do. Yeah right. :bootyshake:

oldschoolmikey
06-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Actually they have the same odds, but I think that seems a little off to me. Also, I don't think the Falcons should have better odds than the Vikings. I don't know how much the oddmakers take into account the offseason moves that teams make. If they go just by last years records, I can understand these odds. Otherwise they don't make much sense to me.

midgensa
06-16-2005, 10:21 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

12/1?

Sounds like I better make me a six hour drive.

Dont drive too far my man, you can make the bet from the comfort of your computer!!

midgensa
06-16-2005, 10:24 PM
I think the odds look about right, I would definitely list the Colts, Eagles, Patriots and Steelers with better odds than us right now ... not saying I dont think we can beat them though ... and I can understand the Falcons with better odds since they made solid moves to make a NFC Championship team even better ... I dont understand how anyone could put the Packers with the same odds as us though. I think it would be a good time to jump in on a bet on this as the odds will only go up (maybe as high as 8:1) by season's start. Would be nice to turn $100 into $1,200.

Space Coyote
06-16-2005, 10:30 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

12/1?

Sounds like I better make me a six hour drive.

Dont drive too far my man, you can make the bet from the comfort of your computer!!

Sweet.
Put me down for $1000 on the 49ers!

DarrinNelsonguy
06-16-2005, 10:32 PM
With 12/1 odds I go to the counter and place my bet and tell the person woking to keep pushing that button until they run out of paper.

Del Rio
06-16-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm going down there anyway, I like getting handed all those flyers on the strip by the poor people. I like holding my hand out for them and seeing their eyes light up because someone actually took one, instead of walking right on by..................

akvikefan89
06-16-2005, 10:33 PM
"oldschoolmikey" wrote:

New England Patriots 4/1
Philadelphia Eagles 4/1
Indianapolis Colts 4/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 8/1
Atlanta Falcons 10/1
San Diego Chargers 15/1
Green Bay Packers 12/1
New York Jets 17/1
Denver Broncos 25/1
Kansas City Chiefs 17/1
Carolina Panthers 17/1
Baltimore Ravens 15/1
Buffalo Bills 20/1
St. Louis Rams 22/1
Seattle Seahawks 25/1
Minnesota Vikings 12/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 17/1
Dallas Cowboys 15/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 35/1
Tennessee Titans 60/1
New Orleans Saints 50/1
Washington Redskins 30/1
Cincinatti Bengals 30/1
New York Giants 50/1
Detroit Lions 50/1
Arizona Cardinals 60/1
Houston Texans 60/1
Cleveland Browns 100/1
Oakland Raiders 20/1
Miami Dolphins 70/1
Chicago Bears 40/1
San Francisco 49ers 150/1



I was a little to suprised to see the Falcons,Steelers,and the Packers all have the same or better odds to win the Superbowl.

No way the Cowboys have a 3 worse rating then us. They should be like, 20/1. Packers equals 25/1.
Vikings equals 9/1

DemonicViking
06-16-2005, 10:33 PM
12/1, those are good odds for Green Bay, meaning there's a good chance they'll be sitting home watching us win the Super Bowl!

6-KINGS
06-16-2005, 10:34 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

12/1?

Sounds like I better make me a six hour drive.

Yeap and that is good time to drop off those bodies you wrote me about.
Good luck with all that Del Rio.

:wink:

Del Rio
06-16-2005, 10:44 PM
6-Kings,

No need to bury them anymore I just rented a wood chipper and I found a hog farm. So that isn't an issue anymore.

Thanks for the advice it worked out great! Also I sent you a body like you asked, priority mail.

ultravikingfan
06-16-2005, 11:37 PM
"oldschoolmikey" wrote:

I was a little to suprised to see the Falcons,Steelers,and the Packers all have the same or better odds to win the Superbowl.

Why not the Steelers? They went 15-1 last year and have only lost Plax. The best D in the league also.

Prophet
06-16-2005, 11:40 PM
I think I'll put a buck on every team, that way I have a 75% chance of winning some coin...enough to play a slot machine or two or buy a cigarette.

cc21
06-16-2005, 11:40 PM
how are we 12/1? we should be like atleast 8/1, and whats up with greenbay being 12/1 odds, they're gonna suck next year.

Canadian_Viking
06-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Don't worry about those odds boys.

Go to Bodog.com....they have the Vikes @ 10/1 and the fudgePACKERS @ 40/1 for the superbowl.

Now that's more like it!

:grin:

Ltrey33
06-17-2005, 12:25 AM
It's always good to be high up in the Vegas odds...that way the refs know who to make the calls for! :lol:

GQVikesfan
06-17-2005, 02:20 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I'm going down there anyway, I like getting handed all those flyers on the strip by the poor people. I like holding my hand out for them and seeing their eyes light up because someone actually took one, instead of walking right on by..................

Yes.. the people that polute my city with trash.. its horrible! Actually they make them wear bright colored shirts now that says "Strippers, straight to your room". I hate the strip, but seeing these odds.. I think I am going down to a local casino this weekend to place a bet. Del Rio, when you come down let me know.. we can hang out! We can grab a beer or something.

Paulbedy59
06-17-2005, 03:14 AM
Me personally,I like the hooker baseball type cards they hand out.Just a few more and I will have the entire vegas set...

6-KINGS
06-18-2005, 12:18 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

6-Kings,

No need to bury them anymore I just rented a wood chipper and I found a hog farm. So that isn't an issue anymore.

Thanks for the advice it worked out great! Also I sent you a body like you asked, priority mail.

Plenty of ice I hope.
"You can never have too much ice"
Newman

vegasvike
06-18-2005, 01:08 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I'm going down there anyway, I like getting handed all those flyers on the strip by the poor people. I like holding my hand out for them and seeing their eyes light up because someone actually took one, instead of walking right on by..................

ewww you really keep those things from the SMUT PEDDLERS? dude there is no nudity in it

collegeguyjeff
06-18-2005, 06:16 AM
colts, atlanta, philly, and pitsburgh better than us? yeah right. plaxico took all the pressure off ward and made him look better than he is. rothlisburger can't throw that great he is another pennington. the packers in no way should have the same odds as us and yes it looks like the odds are based on last years records. i believe they will change

fred3105
06-18-2005, 06:28 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

colts, atlanta, philly, and pitsburgh better than us? yeah right. plaxico took all the pressure off ward and made him look better than he is. rothlisburger can't throw that great he is another pennington. the packers in no way should have the same odds as us and yes it looks like the odds are based on last years records. i believe they will change

I dont know how you can say we are better than all those teams since our defense has not proved anything yet. All those teams are proven with little change over the offseason.

Also Plaxico took pressure off Hines Ward ??? Look up the numbers be for you say something that stupid. Hines Ward had 1000 yards last year compared to Burress's 700. Hines Ward is one of the top WRs in the league because of his off the ball work also which would have nothing to do with Burress.

ultravikingfan
06-18-2005, 04:36 PM
"vegasvike" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

I'm going down there anyway, I like getting handed all those flyers on the strip by the poor people. I like holding my hand out for them and seeing their eyes light up because someone actually took one, instead of walking right on by..................

ewww you really keep those things from the SMUT PEDDLERS? dude there is no nudity in it

Its cool when your wife is interested...if you know what I mean! :wink:

DoubleDown11
06-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Day After Superbowl, Vikings were 22-1 at the Dust.... I also put another $20 on the Raiders at 60-1 (online) as soon as the Moss Trade rumor came out.

Basically Superbowl weekend in Vegas is a giant "sausage" fest. Hoping to get the wife to let the guys go for NFC & AFC Championship week in 2006!

As far as the smut peddlers, why do they have to hit the cards together twice before handing them out?

The only thing stopping the Vikings this year is the Coaches!

V4L
06-19-2005, 04:29 AM
12-1 eh? Should go put a grand and make 12.. The odds will change when we start winning so its all good

VKG4LFE
06-19-2005, 07:00 PM
I'd rather be an underdog than a favorite! Being a favorite hasn't worked for us in the past!!

sureban
06-19-2005, 11:05 PM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

colts, atlanta, philly, and pitsburgh better than us? yeah right. plaxico took all the pressure off ward and made him look better than he is. rothlisburger can't throw that great he is another pennington. the packers in no way should have the same odds as us and yes it looks like the odds are based on last years records. i believe they will change

LOVE your FarveFace!!!

Sincerely,
Mark.

TripB77
06-20-2005, 12:59 PM
We're 16-1 over here to take home the bowl, and 5-1 to take the NFC (easy money).

Time to book your flights to ireland, dont forget to pack the suitcase with some extra money.

GreenBaySlackers
06-20-2005, 01:10 PM
"sureban" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

colts, atlanta, philly, and pitsburgh better than us? yeah right. plaxico took all the pressure off ward and made him look better than he is. rothlisburger can't throw that great he is another pennington. the packers in no way should have the same odds as us and yes it looks like the odds are based on last years records. i believe they will change

LOVE your FarveFace!!!

Sincerely,
Mark.

wait... do we have two people eneding there posts with

Sincerely,
Mark.
?

vegasvike
06-21-2005, 07:50 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"vegasvike" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

I'm going down there anyway, I like getting handed all those flyers on the strip by the poor people. I like holding my hand out for them and seeing their eyes light up because someone actually took one, instead of walking right on by..................

ewww you really keep those things from the SMUT PEDDLERS? dude there is no nudity in it

Its cool when your wife is interested...if you know what I mean! :wink:

lucky man :smile:

DeathtoDenny
06-21-2005, 09:17 AM
I knew a guy who put money against the Vikings in the 2000 NFC championship game to soften the blow if the Vikings lost. But 41-0......that'd take big money.

Del Rio
06-21-2005, 02:06 PM
"vegasvike" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

I'm going down there anyway, I like getting handed all those flyers on the strip by the poor people. I like holding my hand out for them and seeing their eyes light up because someone actually took one, instead of walking right on by..................

ewww you really keep those things from the SMUT PEDDLERS? dude there is no nudity in it

I was just messing around. Actually last time I went those people weren't out and I thought maybe they passed a law or something because the first time I went they were all over the place. They couldn't speak english, or they didn't want to and so they just tapped the paper in their hand and stuck it in your face.

Taken from a great comedian who is no longer with us, "When someone hands you a flyer it is like they are saying Here, YOU throw this away!

GQ I am going down there in the end of July I'll let you know for sure.

UTVikfan
06-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Were I the person making the bets with people, I would put the packer odds right about where they are. Why? Because I want to make money. You don't make odds based on who is going to win, you make them on how much money you will make. There are plenty of packer fans. There are plenty who will bet regardless. Why give them 20/1 odds, when they will still pay 12/1? I can not think of a reason.

josdin00
06-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Exactly. Remember, the line follows the money. The more people that bet a line, the lower that line goes. That's why the Cubs have historically been one of the worst bets in Vegas. The Cubs have more people that bet on them every year, regardless of how the team is doing, so they're always one of the top teams as far as what the line says. We know how well that has worked out for past gamblers.

vikingdude82
06-21-2005, 08:21 PM
They obviously took last years records, and Plaxico was hurt most of the season last year so they aren't hurting from the loss of him, but whats going to happen this year is big ben is going to go down hill.

GQVikesfan
06-22-2005, 01:04 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"vegasvike" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

I'm going down there anyway, I like getting handed all those flyers on the strip by the poor people. I like holding my hand out for them and seeing their eyes light up because someone actually took one, instead of walking right on by..................

ewww you really keep those things from the SMUT PEDDLERS? dude there is no nudity in it

I was just messing around. Actually last time I went those people weren't out and I thought maybe they passed a law or something because the first time I went they were all over the place. They couldn't speak english, or they didn't want to and so they just tapped the paper in their hand and stuck it in your face.

Taken from a great comedian who is no longer with us, "When someone hands you a flyer it is like they are saying Here, YOU throw this away!

GQ I am going down there in the end of July I'll let you know for sure.

Cool man! Just make sure its not the weekend of July 16th.. I have to attend my wife's baby shower so anytime before or after that would be awesome.