PDA

View Full Version : 42 is the answer to LIFE!!

Schleppy
06-11-2005, 04:04 PM
:?: Yeah, I bought a blank Jersey off of Ebay and was debating what number and name I wanted on the back. I like smoot ;and 27 is my birthdate, but he's trying to buy chavous's number. I thought about my last name and 27 or 1, I thought about KW and James. I decided to go with Sharper and 42. Reason- I live in big packer country here in the UP of Michigan, so I thought that would be a good way of exploiting the fact we have one of their own, plus a long time ago, I knew a guy from Flint Michigan who's answer to the greatest question in the world; "whats the meaning of Life"? he would respond, 42. LOL I will also be 42 at the end of this season, hmmmm. So if ever in Michigan and you see a 41 year old bald guy wearing a Darren Sharper viking jersey, say "Hey, buy a fellow viking fan a beer" and I'll oblige. later

Webby
06-11-2005, 05:41 PM
I'll be in Michigan in August, I'll keep my eyes open!!

VikingMike
06-11-2005, 05:46 PM
"Schleppy" wrote:

:?: Yeah, I bought a blank Jersey off of Ebay and was debating what number and name I wanted on the back. I like smoot ;and 27 is my birthdate, but he's trying to buy chavous's number. I thought about my last name and 27 or 1, I thought about KW and James. I decided to go with Sharper and 42. Reason- I live in big packer country here in the UP of Michigan, so I thought that would be a good way of exploiting the fact we have one of their own, plus a long time ago, I knew a guy from Flint Michigan who's answer to the greatest question in the world; "whats the meaning of Life"? he would respond, 42. LOL I will also be 42 at the end of this season, hmmmm. So if ever in Michigan and you see a 41 year old bald guy wearing a Darren Sharper viking jersey, say "Hey, buy a fellow viking fan a beer" and I'll oblige. later

I'd go with this guy's #88...buy hey, I'm an oldtimer.

http://hometown.aol.com/mcmlvi88/images/page%20rushing.jpg

Ltrey33
06-11-2005, 05:53 PM
"Schleppy" wrote:

That's from the book/movie Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. They asked a super computer the answer to "Life, the Universe and Everything" and it came back with 42! :lol: Not too bad of a movie really.

ultravikingfan
06-11-2005, 05:54 PM
I would take the number 1. The amount of Super Bowl wins we will have by this time next year! :wink:

vikingdude82
06-11-2005, 06:21 PM
#11 is my jersey.

Bdubya
06-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Where in the UP are you from? I'm over here in Iron Mountain right now.

DarrinNelsonguy
06-11-2005, 06:46 PM
I would go #47 Browner or #83 Steve Jordan two of my favorite Vikings other than Darrin Nelson

michaelmazid
06-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Got to go with CC or John Randle's number.

vikingdude82
06-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Me?

Bdubya
06-11-2005, 07:08 PM
No, Schleppy

LosAngelis
06-11-2005, 07:13 PM
"ltrey33" wrote:

That's from the book/movie Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. They asked a super computer the answer to "Life, the Universe and Everything" and it came back with 42! :lol: Not too bad of a movie really.

I'm such a geek...that's why I clicked on this thread.

audioghost
06-11-2005, 08:00 PM
#80.....

Space Coyote
06-11-2005, 08:23 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"ltrey33" wrote:

lol...me too...

42 is also Mulders apartment number

Ltrey33
06-11-2005, 08:34 PM
"Space Coyote" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

"ltrey33" wrote:

lol...me too...

Haha wow! Awesome you know that!

Bdubya
06-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Yeah, the number 42 is pretty important...

Elvis died at 42

The Torah (the holy book of Judaism) is broken into columns, each being 42 lines

There are 42 decks on the Enterprise from Star Trek

The Wonderbra has 42 individual parts

There are 42 Oreos in a 1 pound package

"The beast was given a mouth uttering proud boasts a blasphemies, and it was given authority to act for 42 months" - Revelations 13:5

In Romeo and Juliet, Juliet sleeps for 42 hours

The right arm of the Statue of Liberty is 42 feet long

Jimi Hendrix and Jerry Garcia were born in 1942

The number of dots on a pair of dice: 42

Dogs have a total of 42 teeth in their lifetimes

In The Catcher in the Rye, Holden Caufield lies and says his age is 42

The world record jump by a kangaroo is 42 feet

The natural vibration frequency of white mouse DNA: 42

The natural vibration frequency of human DNA: 42

There were 42 generations from Abraham to Jesus

Schleppy
06-12-2005, 03:40 AM
Yeah, I remember that now. I read that book in the 80's. It was a series actually. Doug Adams was the author. I'm in Manistique, arch rival.LOL

jessejames09
06-12-2005, 03:51 AM
27s pretty important too. Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Brian Jones all died at 27.

hawaiianvike21
06-12-2005, 03:52 AM
"Space Coyote" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

"ltrey33" wrote:

lol...me too...

Dont forget the common audible is 42 too.

Blue forty two.....blue forty two set hut!

VikingMike
06-12-2005, 08:02 PM
"Bdubya" wrote:

Elvis died at 42

Not to mention that Elvis's father also died at 42.

http://hometown.aol.com/mcmlvi88/images/zep%20symbols%202.gif

vikinggreg
06-12-2005, 08:45 PM
42 Ints Favre this year :wink:

AngloVike
06-12-2005, 09:48 PM
"Schleppy" wrote:

Yeah, I remember that now. I read that book in the 80's. It was a series actually. Doug Adams was the author. I'm in Manistique, arch rival.LOL

But the film is not quite as good as the radio series was or even the TV version - Marvin looks far too cute in the film !

BBQ Platypus
06-17-2005, 03:24 AM
93 is my lucky number!

southern_yankee
06-17-2005, 03:34 AM
Can't go wrong with a 84...ha, ha, ha (that is a joke, by the way), the only numbers I'd get are 93 and 80...though, I'd be tempted to get 11. I have to say it's a little risky to get the folks that are not likely to stay Vikes...yeah, I know, both of them ended up as non-Vikes, but they were primarily Vikings...both likely to go to the HOF as such (I hope JR makes it too...)

ultravikingfan
06-17-2005, 04:12 AM
42 is the number of bottles of disinfectant that the chick had to use to clean her closet and Najeh to a dump in it! :lol:

PAvikesfan
06-17-2005, 04:35 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"ltrey33" wrote:

me too...i was like "that's sounds familiar to me" and then i had a picture in my mind of a big thumb. hahahaha.

i was going to pick a personal # for a jersey, i'd pick 19... i was number 19 in most sports my whole adolesent life. has there been any #19's in viking history worth mentioning?

let me know.

cajunvike
06-17-2005, 04:40 PM
"Bdubya" wrote:

Elvis died at 42

The Torah (the holy book of Judaism) is broken into columns, each being 42 lines

There are 42 decks on the Enterprise from Star Trek

The Wonderbra has 42 individual parts

There are 42 Oreos in a 1 pound package

"The beast was given a mouth uttering proud boasts a blasphemies, and it was given authority to act for 42 months" - Revelations 13:5

In Romeo and Juliet, Juliet sleeps for 42 hours

The right arm of the Statue of Liberty is 42 feet long

Jimi Hendrix and Jerry Garcia were born in 1942

The number of dots on a pair of dice: 42

Dogs have a total of 42 teeth in their lifetimes

In The Catcher in the Rye, Holden Caufield lies and says his age is 42

The world record jump by a kangaroo is 42 feet

The natural vibration frequency of white mouse DNA: 42

The natural vibration frequency of human DNA: 42

There were 42 generations from Abraham to Jesus

I will be 42 next year...the year that the Vikings finally win the SUPER BOWL...now THAT, my friends, is the REAL answer to LIFE!!!

Ltrey33
06-17-2005, 05:50 PM
"PAvikesfan" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

"ltrey33" wrote:

me too...i was like "that's sounds familiar to me" and then i had a picture in my mind of a big thumb. hahahaha.

i was going to pick a personal # for a jersey, i'd pick 19... i was number 19 in most sports my whole adolesent life. has there been any #19's in viking history worth mentioning?

let me know.

Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana at Kansas City...those are the only two I could think of.

cajunvike
06-17-2005, 05:53 PM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"PAvikesfan" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

"ltrey33" wrote:

let me know.

Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana at Kansas City...those are the only two I could think of.

Lance Alworth?

briboy75
06-17-2005, 08:00 PM
must be a slow day for vikings news. ive never seen so many posts about someones most favoritist number.

TheAnimal93
06-18-2005, 01:28 AM
#19 Bernie Kosar