PDA

View Full Version : Truth and Rumors......



audioghost
06-10-2005, 08:37 PM
From CBS Sportsline.com.....

In his first public comments since Onterrio Smith's suspension, Vikings coach Mike Tice said he would welcome the player back next season but added the team might add a veteran running back in the meantime. The Vikings could pick from a handful of veterans, including Eddie George, Dorsey Levens, Garrison Hearst and Amos Zereoue.

What do u think of that!?

vikingdude82
06-10-2005, 08:41 PM
ADD GARRISON!! hes awesome in his time with the 49ers.

akvikefan89
06-10-2005, 08:41 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

From CBS Sportsline.com.....

In his first public comments since Onterrio Smith's suspension, Vikings coach Mike Tice said he would welcome the player back next season but added the team might add a veteran running back in the meantime. The Vikings could pick from a handful of veterans, including Eddie George, Dorsey Levens, Garrison Hearst and Amos Zereoue.

What do u think of that!?

I'm thinkin' Shaun Alexander is kind
of a veteran... :colors:

vikingdude82
06-10-2005, 08:42 PM
If we get Alexander, we're going to have to get rid of a couple running backs, hes going to want a bunch.

akvikefan89
06-10-2005, 08:43 PM
"vikingdude82" wrote:

If we get Alexander, we're going to have to get rid of a couple running backs, hes going to want a bunch.

If Seatlle can affored him so can we. We still have the most or second most cap room in the NFL.

audioghost
06-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Bring in Alexander.....otherwise, Eddie George? Hearst? Whaddaya think????

vikingdude82
06-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Has Seatle even signed anyone outta free agency yet?

akvikefan89
06-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Seattle
Player, Pos. 2004 Team Designation

Contract Length

Alex Bannister, WR Seattle Unrestricted 4 years
Terreal Bierria, S Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Kevin Bentley, LB Cleveland Other* Undisclosed
Rocky Bernard, DT Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Chartric Darby, DT Tampa Bay Unrestricted Undisclosed
Andre Dyson, CB Tennessee Unrestricted Undisclosed
Bryce Fisher, DE St. Louis Unrestricted 4 years
Chris Gray, G Seattle Unrestricted Undisclosed
Ryan Hannam, TE Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Kelly Herndon, CB Denver Restricted Undisclosed
Joe Jurevicius, WR Tampa Bay Other* 1 year
Omare Lowe, DB New England Other* Undisclosed
Marquand Manuel, S Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Itula Mili, TE Seattle Unrestricted Undisclosed
Kris Richard, CB Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Jamie Sharper, LB Houston Other 5 years
Joe Tafoya, DE Atlanta Other+ Undisclosed
Robbie Tobeck, C Seattle Unrestricted 2 years
Floyd Womack, G Seattle Unrestricted 2 years

Just a few guy's... :roll: :lol:

vikingdude82
06-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Bring in Hearst, he'll be cheaper and a few years ago he was doing better than Alexander.

vikingdude82
06-10-2005, 08:52 PM
I guess so..

audioghost
06-10-2005, 08:56 PM
I like Eddie George....even though he stunk it up last year with the Cowboys....he was once an elite NFL back, and it was only a few years ago...

skogs02
06-10-2005, 08:58 PM
NO NO NO!!!! we are fine with Bennett and Moore,smith being suspended might not be a terrible thing.We had 3 backs fighting for a starting job, someone was going to be mad and complain about the lack of playing time.We are fine at running back IF bennett can stay healthy(which is a big IF)

akvikefan89
06-10-2005, 09:02 PM
"vikingdude82" wrote:

Bring in Hearst, he'll be cheaper and a few years ago he was doing better than Alexander.

Shaun Alexander 2004 stats:

Games Started-16
Carry's-353
Rushing Yards-1696 (one yard short of the 2004 rushing title)
TD's-16
Age-28

Garrison Hearst 2004 Stats:

Games Started-7
Carry's-20
Rushing Yards-20
TD's-1
Age-35


Yeah... Hearst looks alot better to me :drunken:

audioghost
06-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Tell that to Tice, cuz he's getting a vet to fill Onterrio'spot, plain and simple.....

Prophet
06-10-2005, 09:03 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

Vikings could pick from a handful of veterans, including Eddie George, Dorsey Levens, Garrison Hearst and Amos Zereoue.

I don't like any of them at this stage in their careers either due to age or under performance. If I had to pick one I would probably go with Garrison Hearst. I don't know what the deal is with Zereoue, I really thought he was going to break out in Pittsburgh when The Bus went down and then in Oakland....hasn't done much.

akvikefan89
06-10-2005, 09:05 PM
"skogs02" wrote:

NO NO NO!!!! we are fine with Bennett and Moore,smith being suspended might not be a terrible thing.We had 3 backs fighting for a starting job, someone was going to be mad and complain about the lack of playing time.We are fine at running back IF bennett can stay healthy(which is a big IF)

The reason we had three backs fighting for the spot is because One is always injured, one can't stay off the drugs, and one is still very young to carry the team's workload by himself.

skogs02
06-10-2005, 09:06 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

Tell that to Tice, cuz he's getting a vet to fill Onterrio'spot, plain and simple.....i dont know about that.remember we did draft Fason.Tice also said we werent trading moss and now look.

vikingdude82
06-10-2005, 09:20 PM
hey pal, i didnt say last year, i said a few years ago, maybe if he didn't get injured, and Broncos gave him a chance last season he would have been, lets go after Alexander than, so we can have a javon walker jr. on are team.

akvikefan89
06-10-2005, 09:24 PM
"vikingdude82" wrote:

hey pal, i didnt say last year, i said a few years ago, maybe if he didn't get injured, and Broncos gave him a chance last season he would have been, lets go after Alexander than, so we can have a javon walker jr. on are team.

Or if he wasn't 35 YEARS OLD. :lol:
With or without Alexander NO HEARST. We can sign Robert Smith out of retirement. He was good too. :roll: :lol:

vikingdude82
06-10-2005, 09:27 PM
even though he had 5 or 6 knee surgeries

cajunvike
06-10-2005, 09:46 PM
"vikingdude82" wrote:

Bring in Hearst, he'll be cheaper and a few years ago he was doing better than Alexander.

I like Hearst...but you are DEAD WRONG!

Alexander's career stats:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/AlexSh00.htm

Hearst's career stats:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/HearGa00.htm

Do your research before you try to represent your opinion as fact!

Del Rio
06-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Not eddie george thats my only request.

Mr. Purple
06-10-2005, 09:52 PM
all 3 of those backs sound like a waste of money, However I would take Alexander, think about if you where one yard short of the rushin title.....just ONE yard...man even i would get pissy

DemonicViking
06-10-2005, 10:08 PM
I'll still take the scenario of being a yard short of scoring the game deciding td, if it just so happnened that winning the rushing title came along with it, sobeit, I might embrace it to an extent but I'd still care more about the W in the end. Look at Manning, puts up monster numbers, look at the team he cannot beat however.. 3 Super Bowl victories in 4 years.. what's bigger in your opinion?

akvikefan89
06-10-2005, 10:15 PM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

I'll still take the scenario of being a yard short of scoring the game deciding td, if it just so happnened that winning the rushing title came along with it, sobeit, I might embrace it to an extent but I'd still care more about the W in the end. Look at Manning, puts up monster numbers, look at the team he cannot beat however.. 3 Super Bowl victories in 4 years.. what's bigger in your opinion?

They were like... in the red zone though, I bet Alexander would have scored anyway. I think that is what he is upset about, He was one yard short of the title, they were very close to the goal, and they threw the ball, they didn't trust him or help him get the title, they threw the ball. (and they lost :lol: )

jdvike
06-10-2005, 10:34 PM
You can bet if Alexander had gotten the rushing title,he would have gotten a big bonus,so it was to save money.IMO

akvikefan89
06-10-2005, 10:51 PM
"jdvike" wrote:

You can bet if Alexander had gotten the rushing title,he would have gotten a big bonus,so it was to save money.IMO
That is Red McCombs cheap.

ultravikingfan
06-10-2005, 11:26 PM
"jdvike" wrote:

You can bet if Alexander had gotten the rushing title,he would have gotten a big bonus,so it was to save money.IMO

McCombs brother owns part of the Seahawks? :lol:

sureban
06-10-2005, 11:29 PM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

Seattle
Player, Pos. 2004 Team Designation

Contract Length

Alex Bannister, WR Seattle Unrestricted 4 years
Terreal Bierria, S Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Kevin Bentley, LB Cleveland Other* Undisclosed
Rocky Bernard, DT Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Chartric Darby, DT Tampa Bay Unrestricted Undisclosed
Andre Dyson, CB Tennessee Unrestricted Undisclosed
Bryce Fisher, DE St. Louis Unrestricted 4 years
Chris Gray, G Seattle Unrestricted Undisclosed
Ryan Hannam, TE Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Kelly Herndon, CB Denver Restricted Undisclosed
Joe Jurevicius, WR Tampa Bay Other* 1 year
Omare Lowe, DB New England Other* Undisclosed
Marquand Manuel, S Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Itula Mili, TE Seattle Unrestricted Undisclosed
Kris Richard, CB Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Jamie Sharper, LB Houston Other 5 years
Joe Tafoya, DE Atlanta Other+ Undisclosed
Robbie Tobeck, C Seattle Unrestricted 2 years
Floyd Womack, G Seattle Unrestricted 2 years

Just a few guy's... :roll: :lol:


Nice list, where did you get it? Is there a list like that for the vikings?

Thanks,
Mark.

COJOMAY
06-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Seattle was looking at trading Shaun for just a third round draft pick. Heck, throw in a third rounder and one of our backs and ya got a deal!

fourdoorchevelle
06-10-2005, 11:41 PM
"vikingdude82" wrote:

hey pal, i didnt say last year, i said a few years ago, maybe if he didn't get injured, and Broncos gave him a chance last season he would have been, lets go after Alexander than, so we can have a javon walker jr. on are team.

alexander and jwalk aren't even close to the same thing , jwalk had 1 good year and held out . alexander has produced every year . his team is too cheap to give him a contract . he's not in the middle of his contract like j walk . he got the franchise slapped on him at the end of his contract.

is alexander even holding out?

akvikefan89
06-10-2005, 11:46 PM
"sureban" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

Seattle
Player, Pos. 2004 Team Designation

Contract Length

Alex Bannister, WR Seattle Unrestricted 4 years
Terreal Bierria, S Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Kevin Bentley, LB Cleveland Other* Undisclosed
Rocky Bernard, DT Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Chartric Darby, DT Tampa Bay Unrestricted Undisclosed
Andre Dyson, CB Tennessee Unrestricted Undisclosed
Bryce Fisher, DE St. Louis Unrestricted 4 years
Chris Gray, G Seattle Unrestricted Undisclosed
Ryan Hannam, TE Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Kelly Herndon, CB Denver Restricted Undisclosed
Joe Jurevicius, WR Tampa Bay Other* 1 year
Omare Lowe, DB New England Other* Undisclosed
Marquand Manuel, S Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Itula Mili, TE Seattle Unrestricted Undisclosed
Kris Richard, CB Seattle Restricted Undisclosed
Jamie Sharper, LB Houston Other 5 years
Joe Tafoya, DE Atlanta Other+ Undisclosed
Robbie Tobeck, C Seattle Unrestricted 2 years
Floyd Womack, G Seattle Unrestricted 2 years

Just a few guy's... :roll: :lol:


Nice list, where did you get it? Is there a list like that for the vikings?

Thanks,
Mark.

Yeah, NFL.com, under the headline picture is a link you can click on, it says "Free agency sighings-AFC/NFC- All teams free agent signings.