PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Vs Collins???



dart18
06-10-2005, 06:20 PM
http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/sports/11858506.htm

Randy Moss says his new quarterback with the Oakland Raiders, Kerry Collins, is better overall than his former quarterback, Daunte Culpepper of the Vikings.

Moss, traded by the Vikings to the Raiders this spring, said so during an ESPN "SportsCenter' interview.

"When it comes to athleticism, Daunte has Kerry beat by a large margin," the controversial wide receiver said. "But Kerry has pocket presence and knows how to read defenses. So Kerry has a slight step over Daunte."


I can see why Moss would think that because of Collins stats vs us but why would he say that and i doubt even he can believe that?

Prophet
06-10-2005, 06:26 PM
There's no way he believes that, unless Onterrio was giving him some home-schooling. Moss has to suck up to his new QB, regardless of how much of a loser he is. Kerry must be creaming in his shorts just thinking about the receiving corps he has this year. I bet Daunte still puts up better numbers than Kerry though. Collins is a joke.

EKJ08
06-10-2005, 06:27 PM
he's a bitter man. He doesn't beleive that. Moss is still mad over the trade and the fact DC hasn't called him. But like Daunte said "my phone number hasn't changed, I haven't head from him either". There's not a GM in the NFL or WR that would take Collins over Culpepper. It's a a non issue. Hell if you threw the entire NFL into a draft pool and started from scratch, Culpepper would be one of the top 5 players taken. Moss is just trying to stir the pot. Once the Raiders start out 3-7 Moss will be whinning, complaining and walking off the field early and taking plays off.

Del Rio
06-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Maybe he knows something we don't.

Maybe all he was trying to say that when it comes to the fundementals of a traditional pocket passer Kerry has Pepper beat, I would have to agree with that. For one Culpepper never really stays in the pocket lol. A lot of times he is rolling out even when the pressure isn't there.

Also it could be argued that Collins has a more accurate deep ball. Overall -all around I would go with Pepper, but I am sure there are things Kerry Collins can do better then Pepper.

Ltrey33
06-10-2005, 06:39 PM
I think if you'd ask around the league, 99% of the recievers would say they'd rather play with Daunte than Collins.

DarrinNelsonguy
06-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Man he must have caught some second-hand smoke from Onterrio or something? I can also see how he wants to pump up his new QB, because Collins has a huge arm but it is not always accurate.

kramer9guy
06-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Once again Moss opens his mouth and shows everyone how tactfull and intelligent he is. :lol: Gimmie a break.

southern_yankee
06-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Did you guys read the article where it talks about Culpepper's numbers being better when he had a veteran back-up quarterback talking in his ear during the game? I cannot find it anymore (I looked), but Daunte's numbers are so up and down...and the patterns fit. It scared me, but it seemed to have merit...so, maybe Moss was being honest. It's probably a difficult question for him to answer...I think complimenting both guys was the best he could have done given the situation.

vikingdude82
06-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Only thing Collins has over Culpepper is air strength and experence. I heard Collins has more arm strength than Culpepper on NFL Total Access after he got traded.

Mr. Purple
06-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Prophet-unless Onterrio was giving him some home-schooling.-lmao! Hes just kissin Collin's Ass. The first thing I thought about with moss goin to OAkland was...who the hell is gonna throw the ball..kerry collins you say? wow hes good hes only been on like 234234234 other teams, that must mean hes good right? I mean damn culpepper must suck, he signed a huge contract, and hes only been on one team, hes not as good as KERRY!! listen my QB skills sh1t all over kerry collins, just listen to the name "kerry collins" . Im so angered bye this statement, seriously, throwing stats out the window, just look how both perform....exactly...brad johnson and kerry collins are on the same level, thats more like it.

cajunvike
06-10-2005, 07:28 PM
"vikingdude82" wrote:

Only thing Collins has over Culpepper is air strength and experence. I heard Collins has more arm strength than Culpepper on NFL Total Access after he got traded.

If that is true, it is probably so minimal that the superior accuracy of Pep more than makes up for the 5 yards or less difference between Pep and Collins.

skogs02
06-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Collins isnt even in the same league

vikingdude82
06-10-2005, 07:38 PM
They made a remark like "Now Randy's in Oakland he now has an arm to get him the ball," pretty much telling Culpepper hes nothing, I'd like to see Culpepper and Collins in a QB Challenge, after we'd played them in a super bowl and beat them.

V-Unit
06-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Forget comparing him to Culpepper, Collings simply just isnt good. He's the weakest link on that offense by far. I would rate Collins in the top bottom third of the league's starting QB's.

thepacksux
06-10-2005, 08:26 PM
You guys actually believe that collins has more arm strength???? That is a complete F*%^#$%* joke!!! when was the last time you saw collins with a 300 pounder hanging from his waste while throwing 45 yds downfield flat-footed???

thepacksux
06-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Or any QB for that matter?

vikingdude82
06-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Aaron Brooks, he can through up to 70 yards, have you ever seen him in the quarterback challenge. He can launch it pretty darn far, hes not as big as Pepper but close.

audioghost
06-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Moss is officially an idiot......

vikingdude82
06-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Also Payton can Launch it pretty far also, and hes not the skinnest guy.

akvikefan89
06-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Now, can we all offcially get over the Moss trade???

vikingdude82
06-10-2005, 08:56 PM
I thought we all were

CanadaViking
06-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Why is it that whether Moss says something we love or hate it is always such an important comment? Man all he really said was that Collins was better at being a pocket QB and to be honest he probably is, and really what else was he supposed to say," I really, really, really miss Daunte, he's the beat ever and Kerry will never be able to get me the ball", come on that would have been stupid. It is funny how no matter if you like him or not, everything moss says sure stirs the pot around here.

Moss is gone and this will maybe give Daunte a little more of an edge this year, thank you very much Randy, you have finally successfully motivated the Vikings, too bad your not even playing here!

Cheers!

vikings11_27
06-10-2005, 09:06 PM
I agree with the last part. The Vikings, especially Culpepper, are gonna have a chip on their shoulder, but theyll do fine. they have the vertical game intact still with Williamson and tyhe newly acquired Travis Taylor, and they have Burleson who had his breakout season as the number 2 starter behind moss, so imagine what he can do being number 1. I disagree with the pocket passer accusation. I think that the last couple of years, Culpepper has settled down, and he only leaves the pocket wen he has to, so while kollins is getting sacked, Culpepper is getting free and completing 70 yard TDS or 20 YD runs.

audioghost
06-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Nobody will be over the Moss trade until we do better without him, namely because the media will keep bringing it up so you guys better get used to hearing about it cuz if it isn't us on here talking about it, you will sure as heck hear about it on ESPN every week during the NFL season......thats just the way it is....the Dolphins fans probably wanted to "get over" Ricky Williams too, but thats the only news those guys got all season last year.....same thing with the 49ers and the T.O. trade....its gonna be something the national media will dwell on until the Vikings show that they can win without him....simple and plain.

LuckyVike
06-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Screw Moss! Only an idiot or liar would say that Kerry Collins is anywhere near Culpeppper talent wise. Hmmm... career QB ratings, C-Pep-93 and Collins-72. Damn guys, it really doesn't get much closer than that. Well, I had originally planned on cheering for Moss but if he's going to do that stuff, F the traitors!

briboy75
06-10-2005, 09:24 PM
"skogs02" wrote:

Collins isnt even in the same league

Don't they both play in the NFL????

cajunvike
06-10-2005, 09:25 PM
"dart18" wrote:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/sports/11858506.htm

Randy Moss says his new quarterback with the Oakland Raiders, Kerry Collins, is better overall than his former quarterback, Daunte Culpepper of the Vikings.

Moss, traded by the Vikings to the Raiders this spring, said so during an ESPN "SportsCenter' interview.

"When it comes to athleticism, Daunte has Kerry beat by a large margin," the controversial wide receiver said. "But Kerry has pocket presence and knows how to read defenses. So Kerry has a slight step over Daunte."


I can see why Moss would think that because of Collins stats vs us but why would he say that and i doubt even he can believe that?

It is a non-issue....he can believe whatever he wants to...our offense will do just fine with Daunte at the controls. END OF STORY

LuckyVike
06-10-2005, 09:28 PM
"briboy75" wrote:

"skogs02" wrote:

Collins isnt even in the same league

Don't they both play in the NFL????

One of the more smartass comments I've seen on these boards.

cajunvike
06-10-2005, 09:35 PM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

"briboy75" wrote:

"skogs02" wrote:

Collins isnt even in the same league

Don't they both play in the NFL????

One of the more smartass comments I've seen on these boards.

But still funny as SH*T! Good one, briboy! :lol:

Del Rio
06-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Collins is proabably better at what Moss stated. Clupepper is still learning, I'm sure there are things he does better then pep. It's reality. The scary thing is Pepper gets better every year. Collins is about primed out.

And no he isn't the weakest link on their offense lol.

LuckyVike
06-10-2005, 10:04 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Collins is proabably better at what Moss stated. Clupepper is still learning, I'm sure there are things he does better then pep. It's reality. The scary thing is Pepper gets better every year. Collins is about primed out.

And no he isn't the weakest link on their offense lol.

The one thing I think Collins MIGHT be able to do better than Culpepper is read a defense. It's not close in any other categories. Pep is so much more talented than Collins an arguement can't even be made.

Del Rio
06-10-2005, 10:15 PM
An argument can always be made. And I do not know exactly what responsibilities an NFL QB has to handle. Moss is there he is catching the passess......

I'm not saying Collins is better then Pep, no way would I want to tables turned. But I am saying is it is not out of the realm of possibility that Collins is better then some things that Pepper is not. Pocket presence, composure, who knows, things that there are no stats for, things only people who play with them would know.

You guys are making it sound like Moss stabbed your baby with a spoon and drank it's blood. I didn't really see anything extreemly negative in his interview.

vikinggreg
06-10-2005, 10:35 PM
This should be Moss vs Owens

When Owens left the Niners he trash them, then wouldn’t play for the Ravens, then loved the Eagles and then yapped about who wasn’t up for the SB and now he is under VALUED :roll: poor baby :sad:

Randy leaves the Vikes, a playoff team with one of the top QB’s in the league goes to a
non-playoff team, he never trashed the Vikes and he is trying to build up the Raiders who have issues.

I wish he was still here, BUT he’s not and life goes on, what would people expect him to say, Collins sucks trade him or me, Randy’s a Raider now and he has to say nice things about them now

LuckyVike
06-10-2005, 10:39 PM
He said Collins is better than Culpepper. He did stab me in the back. Also, no it's not always possible to compare qb's. I don't know if it's meant to mean how it sounds but the way you made that statement, you pretty much said there's a legit way to argue someone like Doug Flutie is as good as Peyton Manning. We all know something like that is idiotic.

Del Rio
06-10-2005, 10:49 PM
First of all you can have an argument over anything, second of all yeah you could compare Flutie to Manning. Like I said above there are things that take place that are not stat related.

Just because Pep crushes Collins statistically he really has accomplished anything for his team of value that Collins hasn't done at one time or another.

Also...

"When it comes to athleticism, Daunte has Kerry beat by a large margin," the controversial wide receiver said. "But Kerry has pocket presence and knows how to read defenses. So Kerry has a slight step over Daunte."

This is the only quote I read because I'm not registering there, so to me from what I see, what exactly are you crying about? Daunte doesn't use a pocket very often, It wouldn't surprise me if Collins could read defenses better then Pepper.

Personally idiotic would be looking at a QB rating, applying your bias, and then going after Moss pretending that he in some way did an injustice to Culpepper. From the one quote which usually means it came out of the guys mouth, I don't see anything there that is not in the realm of possibility.

CanadaViking
06-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Del Rio I agree with you whole-heartedly, what was so terrible about what Randy said about Daunte, NOTHING. And what makes it even better is that you (Del Rio) don't even like Randy, so if you can restrain from tearing Randy a new a$$ hole, what is the big deal. It would be completely different if Randy was on tv saying "Daunte will be a bum without 84 running the field". Geez like I said in an earlier thread, boy can Randy ever get the purple blood flowing!

Cheers

LuckyVike
06-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Wooo this is awsome. I never thought I would be in a debate with you Del since I agree with 98% of what you say. Apparently(sp?) you misread my statement. I agreed with your little quote you keep referring to in that Collins probably can read a defense better than Culpepper. Mainly IMO due to Collins being in the league longer than C-Pep. The pocket presence issue is arguable in that we don't get to see much of C-Pep in the pocket because he's the kind of QB that like to throw outside the pocket. Tough to compare this when the two have different tendancies when running a pass play.

You can agree with Moss on the reading defenses topic all you want but you're talking like you agree with every word Moss speaks in the quote. At the end, he says Collins has a step on Pepper. Do you believe this?

Also, you said I'm idiotic due to a bias opinion on the subject. Well I tell you what, just because I'm a Vikings fan doesn't mean I automatically take the side of my team. In this situation, I along with most football fans can easily determine who's better of these two without making the subject more difficult to discuss than it needs to be.

Lastly, you can argue anything, but when it is over something that you are completely wrong on, the more you go on, the dumber you look my friend. I could tell you the sky was brown on sunny days and argue my ass off with you about it. Thing is, everyone would know I was wrong and all I would be succeeding in doing would be making myself look like a jackass.

BTW, if you want to start an arguement over who is best between Manning and Flutie, I'll take it Mr. Football Guru. It seems you find yourself to be more intelligient than anyone on this board and you can defeat us in arguements by saying random ass things to contradict others. Well dude, if you want to start arguing with me over Flutie and Manning lets do that. It would be easier for you to win that one this one. Problem is, your arguement would be dumb and based on personal opinion, kind of like your arguement on this topic and many others.

Del Rio
06-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Screw it.

Edited for lack of giving a shit.

ultravikingfan
06-10-2005, 11:24 PM
What do expect Moss to say? Collins is the guy tossing him bombs now. How do think it would look if Moss were truthful and said Pep was better. He has to stand behind Collins and go to war with him; not Pep.

"vikingdude82" wrote:

Also Payton can Launch it pretty far also, and hes not the skinnest guy.

This guy? Walter Payton's son? :lol:

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/mifl/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/a-paytonspn101803.jpg

LuckyVike
06-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Good job finishing your arguement man. I'm sure you'll get a nice little lol or something dumb like that out of somebody here. I hope it makes you happy. I told you exactly what I was arguing, kid can't even read. Here, let me say it again... he plainly said Collins was better than Pepper... I say that's BS. I do agree with him on the subject Collins is better at reading defenses. Is this plain enough for you?

LuckyVike
06-10-2005, 11:28 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Screw it.

Edited for lack of giving a pooh.

Wow I wish I would have quoted that one before you edited it. I guess you got embarassed by how pathetic it was. Congrats :salute:

Del Rio
06-10-2005, 11:33 PM
No I am not going to sit and piss around with you when you don't have the mental capacity to understand what I was trying to say. I said many times Pepper was better then Collins, but that what Moss said may be true.

IMO he never said Collins was better he said he had a step over him, a step of what? Overall? Vetran skills? What? It doesn't say.

No I'm not embarassed I say dumb things to dumb people like you all the time. I just could really give a shit as anyone who reads this can see you missed the point.

But for clarifacation

You have sand in your vagina.

You have no reading comprehension skills.

I don't give a shit what you think about me personally.

I don't know what the fuck you are arguing because I have said pepper is better then Collins more then once.

And have a happy day from bob ross
http://www.fiese-scheitel.de/fiese-scheitel3.data/Komponenten/Bilder/kult/bob_ross.jpg

Now I'm going home. So either take your time and put something together worth reading or STFU because I wont be on for a while. :grin:

ultravikingfan
06-10-2005, 11:36 PM
http://www.marincatholic.org/French/9vocab/argue.jpg

:lol:

CanadaViking
06-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Unless I am missing something, nowhere did I see Del Rio saying that yes in fact Collins is better, he said that Collins is better at reading defenses, and you agreed with that! It is funny though, if you read Del's posts you'll realize he isn't and wasn't a Moss fan, so why in the hell would he be defending Moss? He's not, what he is doing is stating the facts of what happened, and as far I am concerned if Randy had said that Pepper was better then Collins he would have created a controversy over there. Plus every Moss fan on this site always says that Randy was misunderstood in the media, so how does that sentiment relate to this story?

I loved randy when he was here and I WILL continue to watch him until he retires, not because of his wonderful people skills, quite to the contrary, I love watching him catch footballs, that is it!

Randy finally says the right thing in the media and ironically enough the only people mad are the ones who defended him for 7 years.

LuckyVike
06-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Um no Canada, I didn't defend Moss. I'm not one of those people pissing and moaning because he got traded. In fact, I'm glad he did.

Back to you Mr. Rio. As I suggested, you think you're head and shoulders above everyone on here. I'm sorry dude, you're not.

It seems we're arguing over what Moss meant by saying "step over him." In that quote, Moss is saying stuff that Collins is better at than Pepper. At the end he says a step over him. I mean, dude, if you can't read between the lines on that you're a god damn moron. Get back in highschool and take some English courses asshole, then you might have the literal understanding to read that.

ultravikingfan
06-11-2005, 12:17 AM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

Um no Canada, I didn't defend Moss. I'm not one of those people pissing and moaning because he got traded. In fact, I'm glad he did.

Back to you Mr. Rio. As I suggested, you think you're head and shoulders above everyone on here. I'm sorry dude, you're not.

It seems we're arguing over what Moss meant by saying "step over him." In that quote, Moss is saying stuff that Collins is better at than Pepper. At the end he says a step over him. I mean, dude, if you can't read between the lines on that you're a god gol 'darnit silly guy. Get back in highschool and take some English courses asshole, then you might have the literal understanding to read that.

**sigh**

Time for this: http://www.comsec.uwaterloo.ca/~j6ng/key_lock.jpg

Lets try to conduct ourselves like intelligent humans please. It was funny, now it is not.