PDA

View Full Version : Bennett needs to be careful...

akvikefan89
06-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Bennett's gun is left in Culpepper's car
June 10, 2005 BENN0610

A handgun discovered in a car rented by Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper on Thursday afternoon was registered and belonged to running back Michael Bennett, according to reports by KSTP (Ch. 5) and KMSP (Ch. 9).

KSTP reported Bennett and Culpepper had planned to go to a shooting range after the final day of this week's developmental camp at Winter Park. The two, however, changed their plans and Culpepper dropped off the car at Hertz before heading home to Orlando, Fla. Bennett left the gun between the seats under a newspaper and it was found by an employee who called the airport police.

Bennett appeared with his permit to carry a handgun after explaining what had happened on the phone, according to KMSP. The gun was returned to Bennett and airport police determined they did not believe any laws were violated.

"The gun is legal, it's registered and everything," Bennett told KSTP. "I don't even know how everything got out. I was just questioned. ... It happened and I'm sorry for it. It will never happen again, I guarantee that."

Phew!... :shock:
Headline scared me for a second....
Glad nothing bad came out of it, Bennett should be more careful though, leaving a firearm in our All-Pro quarterback's car.

LosAngelis
06-10-2005, 03:44 PM
If you have to call the car rental agency to recover your gun...

http://www.funnycomedymovies.com/foxworthy.jpg

..you might be a redneck!

Ltrey33
06-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Yeah, that's kinda scary but let's hear it for the second amendment!

CanuckVike
06-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Boy, I gotta wonder about Bennet's brain...how do you forget about leaving your gun in car?!...Like it was as important as his old newspaper! That could of turned out to be a very bad ending if the wrong person got a hold of it! I bet he would never forget bringing his cleats to game! A little more attention is needed here Michael!!

vikingdude82
06-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Jeff foxworthy talks about himself a lot doesn't he.

cajunvike
06-10-2005, 06:26 PM
If you call yourself vikingdude82 on a Vikings message board...

You might be a redneck!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

vikingdude82
06-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Wow that was good I can't stop laughing, that was soo damn funny!! actually it was pretty lame, keep your day job, if you even have one.

cajunvike
06-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Dude, I promise you that you could NEVER get my day job, nor do you even have the standing to call the post that I make here lame...almost ALL of what you have posted so far SUCKS way more than the WORST of my myriad posts!

audioghost
06-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Hey, the gun was registered, so its all good....I own a .44 and I take it to the shooting range a couple times a months....target shooting is fun.....as long as its registered, its not a big deal..right??

IbleedPURPLEandGOLD
06-10-2005, 07:08 PM
my heart skiped a beat before reading that.

akvikefan89
06-10-2005, 07:37 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

Hey, the gun was registered, so its all good....I own a .44 and I take it to the shooting range a couple times a months....target shooting is fun.....as long as its registered, its not a big deal..right??

Bennett did nothing illegal. But he should still be careful when he is riding in C-Pep's car. We wouldn't want him getting Culpepper into trouble :shock:
That's the last thing we need. :sad:

cajunvike
06-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Tame compared to what else has been happening around here...and the NFL, for that matter.

A NON-EVENT...it must have been a SLOW news day!

LuckyVike
06-10-2005, 08:19 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Dude, I promise you that you could NEVER get my day job, nor do you even have the standing to call the post that I make here lame...almost ALL of what you have posted so far SUCKS way more than the WORST of my myriad posts!

Wow lol, you owned that guy. BTW Vikingdude, Cajun obviously has a day job because I remember seeing a picture of him on here driving a Mercedes Benz.

About the article, that scared the piss out of me lol. That kind of thing can get really ugly really fast.

jackyl
06-10-2005, 08:57 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

If you have to call the car rental agency to recover your gun...

http://www.funnycomedymovies.com/foxworthy.jpg

..you might be a redneck!

WTF Los :lol:

ultravikingfan
06-10-2005, 10:31 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

I thought you were under 18. How can you own a registered firearm?

Cajun....you funny!

Bennett: http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/violent/023.gif

DaunteHOF
06-11-2005, 12:57 AM
why kind of gun bennet carries?

OchoCinco
06-11-2005, 01:12 AM
The scary part was not the gun.... it was the rental car...geeze your Dante Culpepper, drop the extra 70 bucks and ride in style. Your worth how many million. A gun.....a rental car.....and m. bennett what were they thinkin....drive by??? Ray Carruth pt2 ???? Or is Dante tryin to be the new Hertz guy jumpin luggage in the airport......LOL

vikingdude82
06-11-2005, 11:27 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Alright tell me what you do, and unless your the f**king president of the United states or another country, I bet anyone could get your day job, so don't even try to go off acting like your all better than me and everyone else, because people that act like that are nothing but LOW LIFE PILES OF $hit.
AND THE POST YOU MADE CALLING ME A REDNECK WAS LAME.
I don't know who you are, but you really have to stop acting all tuff to me over the da*m internet.

muchluv4smoot
06-11-2005, 11:37 PM
"vikingdude82" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Alright tell me what you do, and unless your the f**king president of the United states or another country, I bet anyone could get your day job, so don't even try to go off acting like your all better than me and everyone else, because people that act like that are nothing but LOW LIFE PILES OF $hit.
AND THE POST YOU MADE CALLING ME A REDNECK WAS LAME.
I don't know who you are, but you really have to stop acting all tuff to me over the da*m internet.

He was joking dude, hense the smilies. You need to chill out, because you were the one who started this. He told a joke in good fun and you replied all angry. Either learn what the smilies mean, or learn how to take a joke. If you can't do either, you will be angry very often on this board dude, because everyone likes to joke around.

Webby
06-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Vikingdude, this is your public warning. Knock it off, cool off buddy.