PDA

View Full Version : Photos and Videos of Wednesday's camp from Kfan 6/8/05.



GQVikesfan
06-08-2005, 11:09 PM
http://www.kfan.com/vikings/devcamp2005/60805/index.html

One thing to look out for.. look at the video of Travis Taylor's TD where he beats both Winfield and Sharper.. I'm telling you guys.. this guy is a hidden gem and I'm glad that the Vikings picked him up. I've been a fan of his ever since he was in Baltimore and I truly believe that they did not utilize his talent at all. He will break out with our offense just like how Brandon Stokely did with Indianapolis.. I cant wait till the season starts!

PurplePeopleEaters
06-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Who is the midget?

Angryviking
06-08-2005, 11:17 PM
I think it's campbell but not sure

cajunvike
06-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Did the Vikes hire Mini-Me as a coach???

Or will he be called Mini-Tee (for Tice)?

canadian_vikes_fan
06-08-2005, 11:21 PM
They had a bad choice for one of the titles of the video

Brown goes down.

I wasn't sure what to expect.

2beersTommy
06-08-2005, 11:35 PM
"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:

They had a bad choice for one of the titles of the video

Brown goes down.

I wasn't sure what to expect.

I think its possible that its some kind of big game hunting protocol "if its brown..its down"

Angryviking
06-08-2005, 11:37 PM
"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:

They had a bad choice for one of the titles of the video

Brown goes down.

I wasn't sure what to expect.

ya i was afraid that he got injuried or something.

RandyMoss8404
06-09-2005, 12:12 AM
There's a reason that that's the first time you've seen 'toine on a film :-D

V4L
06-09-2005, 12:21 AM
HAHA T-TAY!!!! I love that guy!! He was my second favorite pick up of the offseason!

V4L
06-09-2005, 12:24 AM
I like how each day they have people getting picks.. Good news for our D there that we are actually getting picks

RandyMoss8404
06-09-2005, 01:00 AM
Wow.

Ok, Travis Taylor took that out of toine's hands

K, maybe this kid is pretty good

vikes09
06-09-2005, 01:08 AM
a few things-

when i was watching the wiggins to culpepper vid. i noticed that someone just blazed by the camera and caught the corner off gaurd. did anyone else see that? i dont know how the DB could keep up with him (whoever it was)!!! the db was facing outside, they WR faked out and went in. they shouldve been wide. that was still a nice catch.

and taylor, that was impressive! he should have one of the better years in his career. i really dont want him as our #1 though.

akvikefan89
06-09-2005, 01:32 AM
I wasn't exited about us signing Taylor in the offseason but the more I hear about him the more exited I get. :grin:

PurplePeopleEaters
06-09-2005, 01:49 AM
"vikes09" wrote:

a few things-

when i was watching the wiggins to culpepper vid. i noticed that someone just blazed by the camera and caught the corner off gaurd. did anyone else see that? i dont know how the DB could keep up with him (whoever it was)!!! the db was facing outside, they WR faked out and went in. they shouldve been wide. that was still a nice catch.

and taylor, that was impressive! he should have one of the better years in his career. i really dont want him as our #1 though.

Judging by the number, (I couldn't really tell) it is either Campbell or Williamson. Bothe are fast so it could be either one.

Taylor is lookin' good also. I have not really payed any attention to him before we got him... Is he more of a deep threat guy or an inside guy like Burly..?

DarrinNelsonguy
06-09-2005, 01:58 AM
Does anyone know why the practiced inside to me the weather outside the door looked pretty good?

smootpepper
06-09-2005, 02:21 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

a few things-

when i was watching the wiggins to culpepper vid. i noticed that someone just blazed by the camera and caught the corner off gaurd. did anyone else see that? i dont know how the DB could keep up with him (whoever it was)!!! the db was facing outside, they WR faked out and went in. they shouldve been wide. that was still a nice catch.

and taylor, that was impressive! he should have one of the better years in his career. i really dont want him as our #1 though.

Judging by the number, (I couldn't really tell) it is either Campbell or Williamson. Bothe are fast so it could be either one.

Taylor is lookin' good also. I have not really payed any attention to him before we got him... Is he more of a deep threat guy or an inside guy like Burly..?

Not sure on taylor, I know he was known as a game killer in baltimore. Not that he killed apposing teams but that he dropped so many passes and killed drives.

GQVikesfan
06-09-2005, 02:43 AM
"smootpepper" wrote:

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

a few things-

when i was watching the wiggins to culpepper vid. i noticed that someone just blazed by the camera and caught the corner off gaurd. did anyone else see that? i dont know how the DB could keep up with him (whoever it was)!!! the db was facing outside, they WR faked out and went in. they shouldve been wide. that was still a nice catch.

and taylor, that was impressive! he should have one of the better years in his career. i really dont want him as our #1 though.

Judging by the number, (I couldn't really tell) it is either Campbell or Williamson. Bothe are fast so it could be either one.

Taylor is lookin' good also. I have not really payed any attention to him before we got him... Is he more of a deep threat guy or an inside guy like Burly..?

Not sure on taylor, I know he was known as a game killer in baltimore. Not that he killed apposing teams but that he dropped so many passes and killed drives.

Here are the quotes for today's camp.. http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflguide/local/story.aspx?content_id=84232E33-2BC8-4D8D-91AF-349B1A8E6E71

and SmootPepper (nice sig by the way).. look at the article and see what they are saying about Taylor :thumbleft:. On a side note.. it looks like Willie Offord is filling in pretty nicely..

LuckyVike
06-09-2005, 03:19 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

a few things-

when i was watching the wiggins to culpepper vid. i noticed that someone just blazed by the camera and caught the corner off gaurd. did anyone else see that? i dont know how the DB could keep up with him (whoever it was)!!! the db was facing outside, they WR faked out and went in. they shouldve been wide. that was still a nice catch.

and taylor, that was impressive! he should have one of the better years in his career. i really dont want him as our #1 though.

Judging by the number, (I couldn't really tell) it is either Campbell or Williamson. Bothe are fast so it could be either one.

Taylor is lookin' good also. I have not really payed any attention to him before we got him... Is he more of a deep threat guy or an inside guy like Burly..?

In that case I think it was Williamson. When the play is starting and Culpepper is under center, you can look in the background and see a few players, Campbell and M. Robinson being 2 of them.

Lando
06-09-2005, 04:02 AM
"Troy Williamson was excused from practice due to an undisclosed and, presumably, minor illness today."

cajunvike
06-09-2005, 04:20 AM
Eric Coleman? Man, I hope he is as good as advertised...it would be a huge bonus for an already incredible off-season if he were to keep doing well.

vikings.kfan.com/sport...9B1A8E6E71

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/dt/ericcoleman.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=2992

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/Coleman,Eric-DT-Clemson.htm

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/408567

Played at DT behind Donnell Washington (who is now with Green Bay) at Clemson until his senior year...he could be motivated to prove that someone should have drafted him.

http://kffl.com/player/9136/nfl

LuckyVike
06-09-2005, 04:24 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Eric Coleman? Man, I hope he is as good as advertised...it would be a huge bonus for an already incredible off-season if he were to keep doing well.

vikings.kfan.com/sport...9B1A8E6E71

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/dt/ericcoleman.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=2992

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/Coleman,Eric-DT-Clemson.htm

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/408567

Played at DT behind Donnell Washington (who is now with Green Bay) at Clemson until his senior year...he could be motivated to prove that someone should have drafted him.

http://kffl.com/player/9136/nfl

Where did anybody say anything about Eric Coleman???

canadian_vikes_fan
06-09-2005, 04:33 AM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Eric Coleman? Man, I hope he is as good as advertised...it would be a huge bonus for an already incredible off-season if he were to keep doing well.

vikings.kfan.com/sport...9B1A8E6E71

http//www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/dt/ericcoleman.html

http//www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=2992

http//www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/Coleman,Eric-DT-Clemson.htm

http//cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/408567

Played at DT behind Donnell Washington (who is now with Green Bay) at Clemson until his senior year...he could be motivated to prove that someone should have drafted him.

http//kffl.com/player/9136/nfl

Where did anybody say anything about Eric Coleman???It was in the quotes from today's minicamp thing.

"On a final note, you may want to remember the name Eric Coleman. Coleman is a rookie free agent DE that caught my eye during mini-camp because of his size. Since then I have watched him climb the depth charts and Coleman is now playing with the second team base defense. Cottrell told me today that his first reaction upon meeting Coleman had been similar to mine. “I tell you what,� the defensive coordinator said, “when I first saw this guy at the first mini-camp I said, who is this guy?� The young man out of Clemson went undrafted because of a positive test for a banned substance. “He's got himself straighten out right now,� Cottrell continued. “It cost him a little bit of money, but hopefully he keeps continuing to do what he's doing and (he’ll) make it up. He's a good talent. You can see he has a world of ability.�

I sure hope he can act as a good backup - I think it's getting closer to the end for Steve Martin's career with the Vikings.

smootpepper
06-09-2005, 05:01 AM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

"smootpepper" wrote:

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

a few things-

when i was watching the wiggins to culpepper vid. i noticed that someone just blazed by the camera and caught the corner off gaurd. did anyone else see that? i dont know how the DB could keep up with him (whoever it was)!!! the db was facing outside, they WR faked out and went in. they shouldve been wide. that was still a nice catch.

and taylor, that was impressive! he should have one of the better years in his career. i really dont want him as our #1 though.

Judging by the number, (I couldn't really tell) it is either Campbell or Williamson. Bothe are fast so it could be either one.

Taylor is lookin' good also. I have not really payed any attention to him before we got him... Is he more of a deep threat guy or an inside guy like Burly..?

Not sure on taylor, I know he was known as a game killer in baltimore. Not that he killed apposing teams but that he dropped so many passes and killed drives.

Here are the quotes for today's camp.. http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflguide/local/story.aspx?content_id=84232E33-2BC8-4D8D-91AF-349B1A8E6E71

and SmootPepper (nice sig by the way).. look at the article and see what they are saying about Taylor :thumbleft:. On a side note.. it looks like Willie Offord is filling in pretty nicely..

Thanks, I keep hearing he is having an awsome mini camp thus far. I hope he keeps it up and shows all those raven fans he is better then what they think he is.

LuckyVike
06-09-2005, 05:30 AM
"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Eric Coleman? Man, I hope he is as good as advertised...it would be a huge bonus for an already incredible off-season if he were to keep doing well.

vikings.kfan.com/sport...9B1A8E6E71

http//www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/dt/ericcoleman.html

http//www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=2992

http//www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/Coleman,Eric-DT-Clemson.htm

http//cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/408567

Played at DT behind Donnell Washington (who is now with Green Bay) at Clemson until his senior year...he could be motivated to prove that someone should have drafted him.

http//kffl.com/player/9136/nfl

Where did anybody say anything about Eric Coleman???It was in the quotes from today's minicamp thing.

"On a final note, you may want to remember the name Eric Coleman. Coleman is a rookie free agent DE that caught my eye during mini-camp because of his size. Since then I have watched him climb the depth charts and Coleman is now playing with the second team base defense. Cottrell told me today that his first reaction upon meeting Coleman had been similar to mine. “I tell you what,� the defensive coordinator said, “when I first saw this guy at the first mini-camp I said, who is this guy?� The young man out of Clemson went undrafted because of a positive test for a banned substance. “He's got himself straighten out right now,� Cottrell continued. “It cost him a little bit of money, but hopefully he keeps continuing to do what he's doing and (he’ll) make it up. He's a good talent. You can see he has a world of ability.�

I sure hope he can act as a good backup - I think it's getting closer to the end for Steve Martin's career with the Vikings.

ooooooooooooo ok. Sounds like he might be a diamond in the rough. I was watching a clip on NFL.com today and found out that Pat Williams also went undrafted, maybe Coleman can be the next Pat, play wise atleast lol.

fourdoorchevelle
06-09-2005, 05:30 AM
can't wait to see the defence. smoot is the bomb!! and watch out for travis t !!!

vikes09
06-09-2005, 08:27 PM
travis taylor can do a few things. he has just enough speed to be a burner, which is how i think we might use him (when troy isnt on the field). im not really 100% sure though.