PDA

View Full Version : New Guy/New to the whole thing

dmw14
06-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Hello all, AngryViking suggested I come here to introduce myself, he mentioned "Free beer" and I responded like Pavlov! Anyway,been a fan my whole life, moved to Central Folrida 15 years ago, and can't tell you how great it is to talk Vikes football w/fans. New to the whole process, so feel free to give me any pointers on the process.

AngloVike
06-08-2005, 04:52 PM
First up - welcome to the board and one of the best vikings fan sites on the net !
You've done the hard bit, so the rest is easy. Just feel free to get involved in the threads and post your views.
All the forums have FAQs and if they don't help then just ask someone - we don't bite .... well maybe TNT or blackstarz might but only if you ask nicely :lol:
Enjoy yourself and ultra will be along with your beer shortly

dmw14
06-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to the Bucs game...I always tell all the "Suks" fans "My two favorite teams are the Vikes and whoever is playing the Suks.

Lotza
06-08-2005, 05:03 PM
hey dmw welcome to the best site yyour moniter will ever have the privelige to show you.

dmw14
06-08-2005, 05:07 PM
I whole heartedly agree, it is so refreshing to talk to Vikes fans. My first line of business is going to be coming up with a much better name...gimme time, I'll think of something. If I do change it, should I let people know who I used to be?

shockzilla
06-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the Land of the Purple Horde!!!!! You can have any name you want, as long as it has something to do with the Vikes or "PackSux!!!" or something like that!

J/K...

It's nice to have another fan join the many!!!!!!

dmw14
06-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Thanks again, I think my name will have to slam the Bucs in some form or fashion. Okay enough of that. Has anybody heard anything about Alexander. I think at this stage of the season, if it's not a significant upgrade i.e. Alexander, we should stick with what we have. Not sure McQuarters would help much.

Angryviking
06-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Once again welcome dmw14. Ultra should be along here after awhile to welcome you w/ some "free beer." I think the only way McQuarters would make any kind of impact is in the return game, he's already a proven player w/ a 10 yrd return average, which would help significally. and i think alexander would be an awesome pick up. He's already proven himself year after year, unlike any of our rbs besides Moe Williams, plus we know he can carry the ball 25-30 times a game, the only one i can see doing that on our roster is Moore but he's still developing.

dmw14
06-08-2005, 05:57 PM
It sure would be great for Moore to come up learning from Alexander. Watched a show on NFL network on the '94 Vikes, they need to show that to our D, made me miss Randle and Del Rio.

AngloVike
06-08-2005, 06:02 PM
"dmw14" wrote:

I whole heartedly agree, it is so refreshing to talk to Vikes fans. My first line of business is going to be coming up with a much better name...gimme time, I'll think of something. If I do change it, should I let people know who I used to be?
if you're going to change your name then it may mean re-registering - Webby might be able to change it for you but I'd drop him an email to ask and see

DarrinNelsonguy
06-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Welcome man.

SKOL
06-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Greetings dmw14. We're glad you gave us the chance to give you a proper greeting. Ya, you need to change the name. How about buxsux, Vikes>Bucks, or #@%& Bucs :shock:

Ultra's running a little behind today. Hope you don't mind the wait.

cajunvike
06-08-2005, 06:17 PM
"dmw14" wrote:

Hello all, AngryViking suggested I come here to introduce myself, he mentioned "Free beer" and I responded like Pavlov! Anyway,been a fan my whole life, moved to Central Folrida 15 years ago, and can't tell you how great it is to talk Vikes football w/fans. New to the whole process, so feel free to give me any pointers on the process.

Pavlov? You rang a bell to make a dog salivate? Just teasing. Welcome aboard! As far your proposed name change, one hint...don't use a player's name, that way if he gets traded, you won't have to change it again. Use something offbeat or that says something cool about yourself.

dmw14
06-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Is it something I can do on my own, or will I need to re-register?

Angryviking
06-08-2005, 06:22 PM
if you wanna change ur name ur probaly going to either have to reregister or talk to webmaster "webby" about it.

dmw14
06-08-2005, 06:28 PM
thanks again, I'll give the "Rookie" questions a rest, and live w/DMW for now, and start talking football!

ultravikingfan
06-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Welcome bro! Glad to have another fan aboard!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/ca_beer_cans.gif

dmw14
06-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Anything new on the Alexander scuttle?

Ltrey33
06-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Welcome dmw!

VKG4LFE
06-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Welcome aboard the best viking ship on the internet!!