PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - Uniforms

TMAC604
06-06-2005, 05:15 AM
I was on Ebay just looking around and came across a purple Culpepper jersey with the same style as the road jerseys.

Purple uniform but with white and yellow stripes.

Are these the new 2005 uniforms

Someone please comment

PurplePeopleEaters
06-06-2005, 05:22 AM
Can you post a link? I would really like to see these.

Mr. Purple
06-06-2005, 05:25 AM
POST THE PICCCCCCCCCCCCCCC OR LINK IT AGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!! i have to see if its a flea market rip off or the real deal

TMAC604
06-06-2005, 05:26 AM
Here it is.

Could want a new team identity with the new owners.

Post Moss era

ultravikingfan
06-06-2005, 05:28 AM
The color may be off also. Not the new uni's, could be a fake. Fake jerseys are very common on eBay.

PurplePeopleEaters
06-06-2005, 05:28 AM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Here it is.

Could want a new team identity with the new owners.

Post Moss era

Thats pretty nice... I dont know for sure. Im pretty sure Jackyl would know, right?

TMAC604
06-06-2005, 05:30 AM
I know its fake and not authentic but it could be the new one.

Knock off artist usually research a little

vikesfan
06-06-2005, 05:44 AM
I can tell you for sure that these are not new jerseys. I have seen these jerseys on ebay for a couple months now, and while they are nice looking, they are not what the Vikings will be wearing. I remember hearing a while ago that somebody had contacted the seller of these jerseys to see if they were indeed some new style and the authentic Vikings jersey. While I am 99% sure that they are NOT the Vikings actual 2005 jerseys, I do believe that they are made like authentics (tackle-twill sewn on numbers and letters, cuffed sleeves, etc).

TMAC604
06-06-2005, 05:46 AM
Ok.

But i still think they will change something.

PurplePackerEater
06-06-2005, 05:51 AM
What new one? I haven't heard anything about this.

vikesfan
06-06-2005, 05:56 AM
If I worded something funny about the Vikes getting a new jersey this year, that was my mistake. I haven't heard anything about a new jersey, and I'm almost positive that it will be the same as last year because some stores in Minneapolis already have the 2005 Erasmus James jersey for sale, which is identical to the 2004 jerseys, so if there would be a change, they would have included it on that jersey.

TMAC604
06-06-2005, 06:00 AM
That may be true but they sometimes throw a wrench into things

PurplePeopleEaters
06-06-2005, 06:02 AM
"vikesfan" wrote:

If I worded something funny about the Vikes getting a new jersey this year, that was my mistake. I haven't heard anything about a new jersey, and I'm almost positive that it will be the same as last year because some stores in Minneapolis already have the 2005 Erasmus James jersey for sale, which is identical to the 2004 jerseys, so if there would be a change, they would have included it on that jersey.

They had better not change it! I already ordered my Williamson jersey!

TMAC604
06-06-2005, 06:03 AM
If i had just bought the Vikings i would change something.

They have to make up for the lost revenue of loosing Randy

ultravikingfan
06-06-2005, 06:14 AM
"TMAC604" wrote:

By changing their jerseys?

I do not see them with lost revenue at all. Those who wanted a Moss jersey now have a chance at buying Smoots, Naps, Williamson, etc.

TMAC604
06-06-2005, 06:19 AM
The die hard and average fan usually will buy whatever player we have.

Its the ones who don't care - who want the cool guys or the unique guys
like Moss and Owens - and dont watch football that the NFL cares about.

thetrenches68OL
06-06-2005, 06:37 AM
Yeah its a fake just looking at it i can tell #1 the numbers are smaller and also it looks more blue than puple

Ltrey33
06-06-2005, 06:45 AM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Randy really didn't sell that many jerseys when he was here. Daunte has been ranked ahead of him for the past few years. Last year Daunte was #16 in sales and Randy #24. Randy's sales only really sky rocketed when was traded. Now he's number 1, but as far as losing A LOT of revenue from him leaving....it won't happen.

ShiFtY
06-06-2005, 07:11 AM
When there is a new owner/franchise, they always change their jerseys..

I'm hoping for a jersey change just so it's not all the same looking

New would be nice..

audioghost
06-06-2005, 08:10 AM
If the Vikings would change their jerseys there would be a big "unveiling ceremony" like the one in Arizona, where Viking players model the jerseys to get the hype up about them so people like us will go out and grab em' up. With all the new players, new jerseys wouldn't be a bad idea at all....its good marketing to put culpepper, k. williams, sharper, and smoot in an unveiling ceremony with all new jerseys.....it probably won't happen though, as the Vikings jerseys are viewed as "classics". However, the team could choose new jerseys, bank on them for a few years, then re-sell the old-style jerseys with the new players names on them as "throwbacks". I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet....anything in sports these days can be sold....look at soccer, ads on the jerseys, racing- adds on the cars.....

jackyl
06-07-2005, 05:04 AM
"TMAC604" wrote:

LMAO what lost revenue?

SKOL
06-07-2005, 05:27 AM
I don't see us getting any new uniforms until after there's a new stadium. If we don't have a Superbowl trophy by the time the new stadium opens I'd bet there will be new uniforms. The new uni's and new stadium will be unveiled together.