PDA

View Full Version : worst viking?

damviking
06-06-2005, 02:41 AM
:mad: Who was the worst thing to ever happen to the vikings? (player, coach, or manegment)

Purple Dragoon
06-06-2005, 02:49 AM
I'd have to say, the worst Viking I saw during the time I've been a fan, was...

The entire defense from 2001-2003.

Those guys couldn't stop a team made up of terminally ill cancer patients. They sucked so bad. Man, they were bad. Our defense now just shows how long we have come along from having Biekert in the middle, Chukurah, and that dude from Atlanta, that linebacker... can't remember his name... he was just mediocre.

Remember our D-Line and Secondary from that time too? Wow, they were bad! Hovan sucked it up, so did whoever we used at Free Safety between those years.

Horrible stuff to watch!

damviking
06-06-2005, 02:59 AM
I would have to say Mike Lynn he was the guy that pulled the trigger on the Walker deal!

Ltrey33
06-06-2005, 03:06 AM
Yeah, I think the most common thing will be the Herschel Walker deal. Personally though, I think Johnson getting hurt in '98 was the worst. I know Cunningham led us to that big record of 15-1, but Johsnon was playing very well before he got hurt, and had a hand in that starting opening win streak. Cunningham was notorious as someone who chokes, and I think he did. IMO had Johnson not gotten hurt, or had he come back for the playoffs, the Vikes woulda won the whole thing.

Oh, and Spergon Wynn too!

No use crying over spilt milk though!

damviking
06-06-2005, 03:35 AM
I blame that season end on the d and the coaches,if i recall we had a 21 point lead in the nfc championship and lost it.

PurplePackerEater
06-06-2005, 03:38 AM
Red McCombs. #%^)*(&*&*&_($#^%&^&+*)(()*^^%^% now I feel better.

akvikefan89
06-06-2005, 04:05 AM
Whichever pothetic cornerback of ours let that Cardinal reciever score in our last game of 2003.

Mr Anderson
06-06-2005, 04:29 AM
Our whole Defense let that cardinal WR score.

And Herschel Walker.

ultravikingfan
06-06-2005, 05:11 AM
Les Steckyl

Mr. Purple
06-06-2005, 05:13 AM
McCombs ffffffffffffffffffffffffuccccccccccccccccc u! and like akvike said, whoever it was that let the cardinals score that last td....i forget who

NeoVikesTX
06-06-2005, 05:22 AM
Worst Vikings CB -- Wasswa Serwanga

Worst Vikings draft pick -- Dimitrius Underwood

Worst Vikings owner -- the jackasses who pulled the infamous Hershel Walker trade.

PurplePeopleEaters
06-06-2005, 05:24 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

Whichever pothetic cornerback of ours let that Cardinal reciever score in our last game of 2003.

who was that? I cant seem to remember.. was it Denard Walker?

but for my pick... Spurgon Wynn. I still hate him.

SamDawg84
06-06-2005, 05:40 AM
i would have to say spergon wynn even though i he is a fav. of mine

vikesfan
06-06-2005, 06:00 AM
Denard Walker was one of the closest CB's to Nate Poole in the heartbreaking loss to the Cards, and the other DB was Brian Russell I think. I'm sure about Walker but I can't remember who the second guy was. Russell would be my best guess.

happy camper
06-06-2005, 06:04 AM
randy moss.

PurplePackerEater
06-06-2005, 06:09 AM
For sure! That guy screwed the WHOLE team. What a loser he is. He's like a cancer. Then he fake moons the Packer crowd, gross.

SamDawg84
06-06-2005, 06:13 AM
yeah right randy moss did a lot for us even if he did have off field distractions. look at his stats as tell me he is the worst viking. he had 1000 yard seasons every year but 1.

akvikefan89
06-06-2005, 09:03 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

who was that? I cant seem to remember.. was it Denard Walker?

but for my pick... Spurgon Wynn. I still hate him.

I just did a little web surfing and read (now I remember :cry: ) that it was Brian Russel AND Denard Walker.
By by to both of them. :grin:

collegeguyjeff
06-06-2005, 10:04 AM
the hershal walker trade ofcourse

hawaiianvike21
06-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Spergon Wynn. Just plain terrible

Guys on d like chuckwurah, bikert, henri crockett, stalin colinet, orlando thomas, later to be chris hovan, lorenzo bromell, jim nelson, chuck wiley,
ronnie bradford, jack brewer, lemanski hall, eric kelly, fred robbins, nick rogers, antonio wilson.....the list goes on. All horrible players that actually could start for us.

Amazing how far we came to have smoot, winfield, sharper, etc starting for us instead of guys like brommell's and erik kelly's.

Derrick Alexander, dwayne bates. :lol:

OchoCinco
06-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Les steckyl, D. Alexander, Wassa Serwanga, Denard Walker, D. Underwood

briboy75
06-06-2005, 05:06 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

For sure! That guy screwed the WHOLE team. What a loser he is. He's like a cancer. Then he fake moons the Packer crowd, gross.

Why do you have Randy Moss listed as your favorite player if you think he was a cancer?

Did you change your mind the day he was traded? How about forming your own opinion instead of changing it every time your team makes a move?

billvike
06-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Chris Hovan he gave us like 3 good yrs or so then he just stopped trying and i was pulling for him sooo much well now its KENCHI UDEZE time!!!

PurplePeopleEaters
06-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Is walker still on the Raiders or is he in europe by now. :lol:

Del Rio
06-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Morten Andersen--Not for his short time with us, but for one kick in 1998.

and

Gary Anderson---Not for his quality leg but for one kick he missed in 1998.

jdvike
06-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Herschell walker trade
Underwood draft
Derrick Alexander instead of Warren Sapp
Les Steckel

2beersTommy
06-06-2005, 07:06 PM
"jdvike" wrote:

Herschell walker trade
Underwood draft
Derrick Alexander instead of Warren Sapp
Les Steckel

this just about sums it up !

happy camper
06-06-2005, 07:08 PM
"briboy75" wrote:

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

Why do you have Randy Moss listed as your favorite player if you think he was a cancer?

Did you change your mind the day he was traded? How about forming your own opinion instead of changing it every time your team makes a move?

i think.. i think.. he was being sarcastic.

Prophet
06-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Walker trade. Is there a worse move than that in the history of the NFL? I can't think of one.

audioghost
06-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Jim McMahon stunk it up.....

cajunvike
06-06-2005, 07:38 PM
"SpermYum" Wynn...just the name tells you how much he sucked! I actually had to witness him playing in the first Vikings game that I ever attended (in Baltimore for Tice's first game as HC)...HORRIBLE!

V4L
06-06-2005, 07:46 PM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Guys on d like chuckwurah, bikert, henri crockett, stalin colinet, orlando thomas, later to be chris hovan, lorenzo bromell, jim nelson, chuck wiley,
ronnie bradford, jack brewer, lemanski hall, eric kelly, fred robbins, nick rogers, antonio wilson.....the list goes on. All horrible players that actually could start for us.

Amazing how far we came to have smoot, winfield, sharper, etc starting for us instead of guys like brommell's and erik kelly's.

Hey beikert was pretty solid.. haha

Im also gonna have to say hershel walker.. that messed us up for years..

Can't forget to put in ol' red.. If we put a D around that studly O we woulda had a ring no doubt

vegasvike
06-06-2005, 08:43 PM
"cajunvike"SpermYum" Wynn...just the name tells you how much he sucked! I actually had to witness him playing in the first Vikings game that I ever attended (in Baltimore for Tice's first game as HC)...HORRIBLE!

wow that is really bad

canadian_vikes_fan
06-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Spergon Winn is bouncing around the CFL now. He is actually playing for my hometown Blue Bombers now. Even in the CFL though, he's third string.

ultravikingfan
06-07-2005, 12:18 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Im also gonna have to say hershel walker.. that messed us up for years..

Can't forget to put in ol' red.. If we put a D around that studly O we woulda had a ring no doubt

Its funny when people reply within a quote. :lol:
(gotta scroll down)

midgensa
06-07-2005, 12:25 AM
Wynn? I mean c'mon people, he never played in a meaningful game so to call him the worst thing to ever happen to the Vikes is a little ridiculous. There are two things that stand out to me ... obviously the Walker trade bit us in the ass ... but at the time many 'analysts' thought it was a decent idea and a way to spark us ... it did backfire BIG TIME and turn the Cowgirls into three-time champs in the 90's so it has to be at the top, but I also think that that drafting Derrick Alexander with WARREN FREAKING SAPP on the board cost us a world title in 1998 and 2000. I mean we could have had SAPP and MOSS!! for four or five years in their prime ...

midgensa
06-07-2005, 12:27 AM
And the other worst thing to ever happen to the Vikings ... we just happen to run into the far-less-talented-than-us Chiefs on the best day in their franchise's history ... cursing us to not be able to win that our or next three Super Bowls ...

cajunvike
06-07-2005, 12:44 AM
"vegasvike" wrote:

"cajunvike"SpermYum" Wynn...just the name tells you how much he sucked! I actually had to witness him playing in the first Vikings game that I ever attended (in Baltimore for Tice's first game as HC)...HORRIBLE!

wow that is really bad

Even worse...I have used that nickname before for him...you are just the first one who said something about it! Yeah, the thought is pretty gross! :lol:

DarrinNelsonguy
06-07-2005, 01:05 AM
Demetrius Underwood, I mean the guy never even practiced with the team after we took him in the 1st round. He skipped camp before it even got started!

Burley81
06-07-2005, 02:23 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

Demetrius Underwood, I mean the guy never even practiced with the team after we took him in the 1st round. He skipped camp before it even got started!Isn't he in the CFL now? But it was a waste of a first-round pick. You also gotta realize, he had a bipolar disorder. So you can't really blame him.

VikingMike
06-07-2005, 03:39 AM
1. Herschel Walker trade...no doubt. I thought it was Finks who engineered that trade, no?

2. Cunningham taking a knee with 30 seconds to go...what, we forgot how to play offense all of a sudden?

3. The Hail Mary pass Staubach to Pearson...what a killer.

That's enough for one lifetime.

cajunvike
06-07-2005, 03:55 AM
"VikingMike" wrote:

1. Herschel Walker trade...no doubt. I thought it was Finks who engineered that trade, no?

2. Cunningham taking a knee with 30 seconds to go...what, we forgot how to play offense all of a sudden?

3. The Hail Mary pass Staubach to Pearson...what a killer.

That's enough for one lifetime.

NO, it was Mike "F***in'" Lynn who sold the farm on that trade!

jdvike
06-07-2005, 03:59 AM
Lynn hated signing number 1 draft picks so he thought he'd trade them all away....what a tool
Thats why we got Mike Merriweather, but that trade wasnt near as bad,only 1 number 1 for Mike.

ultravikingfan
06-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Wow, we have side tracked from the original question? :lol:

jdvike
06-07-2005, 06:18 AM
"damviking" wrote:

:mad: Who was the worst thing to ever happen to the vikings? (player, coach, or manegment)
Not off the subject at all, we were talking about Mike Lynn which is bad management

hawaiianvike21
06-07-2005, 01:53 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Bikiert was only good for like half a season, then after that he was too slow. Remember the end of the 2002 and entire 2003 season? Opponents had an easy time passing and especially running the ball to the outside.

Del Rio
06-07-2005, 04:36 PM
"jdvike" wrote:

"damviking" wrote:

Not off the subject at all, we were talking about Mike Lynn which is bad management

Well the title says worst viking? Your quote says worst thing to ever happen to the vikings? (PLAYER COACH OR MANAGEMENT.
It is worded wierd but I think it is pretty obvious the question wanted people not events.

I think that is all ultra was saying. Because The Walker Trade, and things like that aren't really personel. I doubt anyone cares, I know I don't.

But I do know I am glad we did not get Warren Sapp. He is a prick............

In 2001, he said he would break the NFL single season sacks record (21), he only had six.

With a cheap shot, he injured a player so bad that the player couldn't walk for 3 weeks.

He insulted a head coach with the F- word on National Television and then he shouted out the same words 10 times, 'put a jersey on.'

He is the biggest loudmouth in the NFL.

He rarely plays to his potential during big games (3 tackles in 2002 playoffs).

He has his own website www.QBkiller.com

He weighs over 300 lbs.

He signed a seven year, $36 million contract with the Oakland Raiders after claiming to be close to signing a deal with the Cincinnati Bengals.

coreyd
06-08-2005, 02:08 AM
Coach - Dennis Green
Owner - Answers obvious
Player - Demetrius Underwood

wv__viking__fan
06-08-2005, 05:00 AM
I hated when Jimmy Hitchcock had to defend a pass. It was always a flag or a reception. I know a lot may not agree, but for me, I was glad to see Hitchcock go.

Skol Vikings!

jessejames09
06-08-2005, 05:07 AM
Red McCombs.

mvikes84
06-08-2005, 05:13 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

Whichever pothetic cornerback of ours let that Cardinal reciever score in our last game of 2003. That would be Denard Walker.

mvikes84
06-08-2005, 05:15 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Les Steckyl I agree. Pretty hard to top that choice!

ziggy
06-08-2005, 05:17 AM
coach- Jerry Burns
player- Tate

mvikes84
06-08-2005, 05:17 AM
"happy camper" wrote:

randy moss. And you smoked how much weed today? You must be hanging out with O. Smith.

ultravikingfan
06-08-2005, 06:06 AM
Burns and Green?

Ever hear of Les Steckyl?

Del Rio
06-08-2005, 03:11 PM
"mvikes84" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

randy moss. And you smoked how much weed today? You must be hanging out with O. Smith.

Or Randy Moss...............

During his first year at Florida State, he was arrested and sentence to a year in jail for possession of pot (it was reduced to time served).

His car pushed a traffic officer half a block after she refused to allow him to make an illegal turn (September 24, 2002).
He spent the night in jail, charged with two misdemeanors and a small ammount of marijuana was found in his car.

Del Rio
06-08-2005, 03:12 PM
"coreyd" wrote:

Coach - Dennis Green
Owner - Answers obvious

Wow poor Denny, the guy took us to the playoffs almost every year he was here. Second only to Bud.

ultravikingfan
06-08-2005, 10:25 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"coreyd" wrote:

Coach - Dennis Green
Owner - Answers obvious

Wow poor Denny, the guy took us to the playoffs almost every year he was here. Second only to Bud.

Campbell and Onterrio's favorite was "bud"...if you know what I mean!

Mr Anderson
06-08-2005, 10:33 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"coreyd" wrote:

Coach - Dennis Green
Owner - Answers obvious

Campbell and Onterrio's favorite was "bud"...if you know what I mean!buh dum chhhh

ThorSPL
06-10-2005, 01:31 AM
Who was the guy who got the interception but returned the ball the wrong way and ended up getting a safety??? Had to be 15-20 years ago..... or more

NordicNed
06-10-2005, 01:57 AM
That was Jim Marshell Thor..........but don't let that one play fool you.......He was an outstanding defensive player.....

He also holds the NFL record for most consecutive games played without missing one.........

It's somewhere in the area of 276 games.....I don't have the exact number in front of me...

But I'm sure he is the record holder still......a real Ironman...

smootpepper
06-10-2005, 02:04 AM
282 Games played, Jim Marshall - CLE (1960), MIN (1961-79)

NordicNed
06-10-2005, 02:06 AM
Can't remember the name, but was it something like Steckle?..

The coach who thought he was still in the Marines...LOL....

Thought he was running a boot camp in Paris Island.........I didn't like him very much..

smootpepper
06-10-2005, 02:07 AM
Here are the top 3

Most Consecutive Games Played
282 Jim Marshall - CLE (1960), MIN (1961-79)
240 Mike Tingelhoff - MIN (1962-78)
234 Jim Bakken - St Louis (1962-78)

VikingMike
06-10-2005, 02:45 AM
"smootpepper" wrote:

Here are the top 3

While we're on this...and I know it's a bit off the thread, okay way off the thread...why isn't Mick Tinglehoff in the Hall? Gotta be one of the biggest omissions in all of sports.

jdvike
06-10-2005, 02:52 AM
"VikingMike" wrote:

"smootpepper" wrote:

Here are the top 3

While we're on this...and I know it's a bit off the thread, okay way off the thread...why isn't Mick Tinglehoff in the Hall? Gotta be one of the biggest omissions in all of sports.
neither is Jim Marshall

ultravikingfan
06-10-2005, 04:48 AM
"ThorSPL" wrote:

Who was the guy who got the interception but returned the ball the wrong way and ended up getting a safety??? Had to be 15-20 years ago..... or more

When they went in at the half, he told coach (was it Grant?) that he messed up. Coach said that it was a boring half and he had the most exciting play! :lol:

Later in the game, Marshall caused the fumble that gave the Vikes the win.

Marshall = The Cal Ripken of football!

vikingdude82
06-11-2005, 04:49 AM
Brian Williams

Angryviking
06-11-2005, 05:06 AM
i would say Dimitrius Underwood but he never played a down for the vikings. i might have to go w/ Chris Hovan for my pick as worst viking.

Ltrey33
06-12-2005, 07:44 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

i would say Dimitrius Underwood but he never played a down for the vikings. i might have to go w/ Chris Hovan for my pick as worst viking.

Ouch...Hovan? At least he had 1 or 2 productive seasons. I can think of several who were much worse than Hovan.

vikingdude82
06-12-2005, 08:19 PM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"Angryviking" wrote:

Ouch...Hovan? At least he had 1 or 2 productive seasons. I can think of several who were much worse than Hovan.

I have to agree with that, his first two season we're pretty good for a young player, also I wasn't serious when I said Brian Williams, but i'll say shaun hill.

VKG4LFE
06-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Denard Walker, nuff' said!