PDA

View Full Version : Vikings hosting Super Bowl...

bono
06-05-2005, 07:43 AM
As I sit at my work desk, waiting for the final three MLB (major league baseball) games to get done, I start to wonder whether or not the Vikings have ever played host to any past Super Bowls?
If so -intelligent lads/lasses-which one(s); if not, why not?
What are the requirements for a city to host a super bowl?
I think having a super bowl here in the midwest would be really cool (be it, in chi-town, motor city, dairyland or Minn.
What ya'll think?

DemonicViking
06-05-2005, 07:56 AM
Buffalo lost their second Super Bowl on our turf when they played the Redskins, that's the only time the Metrodome played host to the big show.

ultravikingfan
06-05-2005, 08:50 AM
January 26, 1992.

Warm weather or a covered stadium. Its all about the money.

briboy75
06-05-2005, 09:46 AM
The stadium must have a certain # of seats... i beleive 70,000. Also the city must have a certain number of hotel rooms.... there are probably other requirements as well.

the next super bowl *IS* in the midwest... detroilet

midgensa
06-05-2005, 12:22 PM
cmon Bono, I know you are a Crappers fan so I understand that you cannot quite understand the use of google or yahoo!

supermoss84
06-05-2005, 01:39 PM
jesus h, you can't be serious!!? You bother to post a message like this and don't even know where next year's super bowl is...WOW. P.S. only chumps have played the Super Bowl at home

ChiTownVike
06-05-2005, 04:56 PM
"supermoss84" wrote:

jesus h, you can't be serious!!? You bother to post a message like this and don't even know where next year's super bowl is...WOW. P.S. only chumps have played the Super Bowl at home

No one has ever played a Super Bowl at their home stadium.

ultravikingfan
06-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Future:

Super Bowl XL
Detroit, MI, Feb. 5, 2006

Super Bowl XLI
Miami, FL, Feb. 4, 2007*

Super Bowl XLII
Glendale, AZ, Feb. 2008*

Look where they play these games, no wonder a home team is not in it, they suck! :lol:
Houston, TX
San Diego, CA
New Orleans, LA
Tampa, FL
Atlanta, GA
Miami, FL

PurplePackerEater
06-05-2005, 07:58 PM
"Williamson8211" wrote:

"supermoss84" wrote:

No one has ever played a Super Bowl at their home stadium.

That's an interesting fact that I never even thought of.