PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 photos and videos of Thursdays camp from Kfan.

GQVikesfan
06-02-2005, 11:52 PM
http://www.kfan.com/vikings/devcamp2005/60205/index.html

cc21
06-02-2005, 11:56 PM
what are they doing in those top two pictures? did tice throw a ball in the air and tell them to jump for it?

GQVikesfan
06-03-2005, 12:07 AM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

what are they doing in those top two pictures? did tice throw a ball in the air and tell them to jump for it?

Maybe they are testing them for their jump ball ability?

cc21
06-03-2005, 12:12 AM
or something along those lines i think

DarrinNelsonguy
06-03-2005, 12:19 AM
Smoot's words about being a family and winning championships couldn't be more true.

wv__viking__fan
06-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the link.

coreyd
06-03-2005, 12:42 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

Smoot's words about being a family and winning championships couldn't be more true.

Smoots interview was the highlight of the day in my opinion! He has the attitude for sure. Now we have to hope the rest of the team feels the same way......

mark
06-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Bennett was gone baby

CanadaViking
06-03-2005, 12:48 AM
Watching this stuff is going to kill me soon!! I said this yesterday, but doesn't it look like the Vikes are a TEAM this year. There will not be a seperation between a crappy defense and a great offense, this year we will have more balance then any Viking team I have cheered for (I am only in my mid 20's).

Cheers!

audioghost
06-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Sounds like Christopher Jones could steal Kelly Campbell's spot.....

Mr. Purple
06-03-2005, 12:51 AM
god, look at that vert. Williamson is growing on me more and more each day...I really think this kid is gonna bring somethin to the table without a doubt. Brad johnson anit lookin so shabby either, its sucha releif to have him at back up. Bennett is lookin sharp and crisp, but I still got his health on my mind. and all the other guys are doing thier thing, i wanna see some more defensive videos, Nap, smoot, phat pat.

Mr. Purple
06-03-2005, 12:53 AM
canada...
well man every clip is like 15 seconds long so I dont kno how you watch enough to kill you, and another thing, its "mini" camp, not training camp, these guys play at half speed and just get warmed up for "training" say it with me "training" camp, the BIG camp that happens before the nfl season begins...lol so dont worry man

skol

LuckyVike
06-03-2005, 12:59 AM
Man, this stuff fires me up! I would like to see an interception or something. That would just make my day lol.

RandyMoss8404
06-03-2005, 01:29 AM
Dude

Mewelde caught a -bomb- from Daunte and took it out of Offord's hands

This kid better start

Since when have we seen a running back catching a 40 yard bomb?!

84_11_26
06-03-2005, 01:31 AM
i can't play the video

jessejames09
06-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Me either. Must be a canadian thing.

GQVikesfan
06-03-2005, 01:40 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Dude

This kid better start

Yea that was awesome!

Ltrey33
06-03-2005, 01:54 AM
http://www.kfan.com/vikings/devcamp2005/60205/photos/16.jpg

Man I pity Defenses, I would NOT want to tackle Daunte coming out of the backfield. Poor spy LB's.

vikes09
06-03-2005, 01:56 AM
i thought i saw the ball pop out at the end. anyways, i wasnt paying too much attention.

the atmosphere looks good.

mark
06-03-2005, 02:10 AM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Dude

This kid better start

Yea that was awesome!

I saw bennett take a swing pass in detroit to the house from about 35

mark
06-03-2005, 02:16 AM
"mark" wrote:

"GQVikesfan" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Dude

This kid better start

Yea that was awesome!

I saw bennett take a swing pass in detroit to the house from about 35

That was a sweet play.we need to do that more put the rb in motion get a good matchup and see ya.

PurplePackerEater
06-03-2005, 02:32 AM
The first video I watched was Johnson to Williamson because I wanted to see if Johnson still has it. Nice pass, nice catch, bad D, and the play would have been called back anyway for False Start! Check out the slot Reciever....get the bugs worked out boys.

GQVikesfan
06-03-2005, 03:05 AM
Notes from day 2..

http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflguide/local/story.aspx?content_id=C5282700-F5CF-4E8E-BC88-E69D8796DDFC

ejmat
06-03-2005, 03:11 AM
Thanks for the updates everyone. I even read that Bennett was booming the ball on punts. Yeah for special teams

cc21
06-03-2005, 03:14 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

god, look at that vert. Williamson is growing on me more and more each day...I really think this kid is gonna bring somethin to the table without a doubt. Brad johnson anit lookin so shabby either, its sucha releif to have him at back up. Bennett is lookin sharp and crisp, but I still got his health on my mind. and all the other guys are doing thier thing, i wanna see some more defensive videos, Nap, smoot, phat pat.im pretty sure that that isnt williamson jumping in that picture, but i could be wrong. In another picture he is wearing white sleaves and black things around his legs like burleson, but in the jumping picture, the guy jumping isnt.

cc21
06-03-2005, 03:18 AM
speaking of jumping, i heard a while back that we might still have the jump ball threat even without moss. I think i heard this on KFAN. Moss was 6'4 and had a 38 inch vertical. Burleson is 6'1 and has a 41 inch vertical. So we might still beable to lob balls up in the endzone when we are in the redzone like we did with moss.

GQVikesfan
06-03-2005, 03:20 AM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

god, look at that vert. Williamson is growing on me more and more each day...I really think this kid is gonna bring somethin to the table without a doubt. Brad johnson anit lookin so shabby either, its sucha releif to have him at back up. Bennett is lookin sharp and crisp, but I still got his health on my mind. and all the other guys are doing thier thing, i wanna see some more defensive videos, Nap, smoot, phat pat.im pretty sure that that isnt williamson jumping in that picture, but i could be wrong. In another picture he is wearing white sleaves and black things around his legs like burleson, but in the jumping picture, the guy jumping isnt.

I believe this guy jumping is rookie wide receiver Christopher Jones.. but I can be wrong too..

VikingMike
06-03-2005, 03:26 AM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

I think we are going to see Troy on quite a few highlight films this year. :grin:

cc21
06-03-2005, 03:27 AM
"VikingMike" wrote:

"GQVikesfan" wrote:

I think we are going to see Troy on quite a few highlight films this year. :grin:lets hope so.

vegasvike
06-03-2005, 03:37 AM
man the pic with A-dub, D-Sharp, F-Smoot and Willie O makes Willie look HUGE I thought that he was a LB

RandyMoss8404
06-03-2005, 04:24 AM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

speaking of jumping, i heard a while back that we might still have the jump ball threat even without moss. I think i heard this on KFAN. Moss was 6'4 and had a 38 inch vertical. Burleson is 6'1 and has a 41 inch vertical. So we might still beable to lob balls up in the endzone when we are in the redzone like we did with moss.

I made this point in a thread a while back. I think it might be accurate - and is ideally

Burley81
06-03-2005, 04:44 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Dude

This kid better start

Excatly! Yes, a fellow MM fan as well. This kid is alot better then any of are other backs. With MM behind C-pep, our running game will be BeAsT!! That catch was nuts, this kid is a RB! Not a WR!

vikes09
06-03-2005, 04:45 AM
but the ball pops out at the end. was it a catch?

RandyMoss8404
06-03-2005, 06:48 AM
"vikes09" wrote:

but the ball pops out at the end. was it a catch?

Elbow/knee hit the ground while he was still in bounds. I believe yes.

Edit: Also, it was underthrown by Daunte. MeMo BLAZED by willie, who'd have never known if someone hadn't said 'BALL WILLIE!'

audioghost
06-03-2005, 07:47 AM
I think the refs would have reviewed the tape if it was in a real game....

AngloVike
06-03-2005, 10:17 AM
I know that they're not going at full speed at a camp like this but I do like what I've seen of Williamson so far. He'll work his way up on the depth chart if he keeps this up and wasn't it good to see Jimmy K out on the field on some of those clips ?
Early days but the potential is there for a huge season :grin:

ejmat
06-03-2005, 11:05 AM
It's so nice to see these encouraging posts.

AngloVike
06-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Just been listening to Mike Morris on KFAN who was at the camp yesterday. Having watched all the WR's he was very impressed with Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson and reckons that we'll see Williamson move up to #3 on the depth chart whilst Robinson drops down.
Sounds promising so far

CanadaViking
06-03-2005, 03:56 PM

canada...
well man every clip is like 15 seconds long so I dont kno how you watch enough to kill you, and another thing, its "mini" camp, not training camp, these guys play at half speed and just get warmed up for "training" say it with me "training" camp, the BIG camp that happens before the nfl season begins...lol so dont worry man

Well let's see here, as far as killing me goes, I am referring to the 3 month wait ahead to finally see these guys as group in a game that means something. I do know that there is still a "training" camp before the BIG season begins, look at my post from day one and you'll realize that I know this is just mini-camp. lol

Cheers!

skol

Burley81
06-03-2005, 04:06 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

Just been listening to Mike Morris on KFAN who was at the camp yesterday. Having watched all the WR's he was very impressed with Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson and reckons that we'll see Williamson move up to #3 on the depth chart whilst Robinson drops down.
Sounds promising so far

This is very good news. I also read on there that he only had 1 drop that whole day. He is progressing along well.

BTW, does anyone have any info when M-Rob is going to participate in camp?

Also, how is Erasmus James doing?

CanadaViking
06-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Hey Moss I think if you look at the video from day 1 at camp I am pretty sure that there is a video of M-Rob catching a pass from C-Pep.

Cheers!

happy camper
06-03-2005, 05:02 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Dude

This kid better start

if mewelde can catch a 40 yard bomb.. he doesnt have to start. just be a specialty back.

why does everyone like mewelde so much? he got injured and from what some reliable talk radio hosts said.. mewelde was a sissy about comming back. :???:

RandyMoss8404
06-03-2005, 05:18 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Dude

This kid better start

if mewelde can catch a 40 yard bomb.. he doesnt have to start. just be a specialty back.

why does everyone like mewelde so much? he got injured and from what some reliable talk radio hosts said.. mewelde was a sissy about comming back. :???:

The kid has INSTINCT.

Bennett couldn't find a hole if his wife spread her legs for him.

The guy is a 99 yard run or a 1 yard limp. That's too unreliable. MeMo averaged 5.8 yds per rush.

cajunvike
06-03-2005, 05:22 PM
"vegasvike" wrote:

man the pic with A-dub, D-Sharp, F-Smoot and Willie O makes Willie look HUGE I thought that he was a LB

BIG WILL-IE-E-E-E-E!!!!!

happy camper
06-03-2005, 05:27 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Dude

This kid better start

The kid has INSTINCT.

The guy is a 99 yard run or a 1 yard limp. That's too unreliable. MeMo averaged 5.8 yds per rush.

fair enough.

i dont want to get in a 'mewelde sucks vs mewelde is awesome' fight, cause i do like him, its just that he didnt prove to me how awesome he was last year. i mean, what teams did he burn, the texans?

id like to see more though.

RandyMoss8404
06-03-2005, 05:41 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Dude

This kid better start

The kid has INSTINCT.

fair enough.

i dont want to get in a 'mewelde sucks vs mewelde is awesome' fight, cause i do like him, its just that he didnt prove to me how awesome he was last year. i mean, what teams did he burn, the texans?

that's always been the argument. All he deserves is a shot.

cajunvike
06-03-2005, 06:09 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Dude

This kid better start

The kid has INSTINCT.

Maybe we should glue some hair to the backs of the linemen's jerseys to help him out a little! :lol:

AngloVike
06-03-2005, 06:12 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Dude

This kid better start

The kid has INSTINCT.

fair enough.

He did also have a good game against the Titans too. Think his downfall was that he got the ball to near the endzone or short yardage and then got yanked in favour of Moe. I think he has a lot to offer and will be interesting to see how he is used this year

RandyMoss8404
06-03-2005, 06:30 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Dude

This kid better start

The kid has INSTINCT.

Maybe we should glue some hair to the backs of the linemen's jerseys to help him out a little! :lol:

.....Cajun, this is for your own good

http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/68728/200.jpg

Help the woman out bro