PDA

View Full Version : Kickers

Brax
06-02-2005, 03:59 AM
Has anyone heard how the competion between the kickers is going?

shockzilla
06-02-2005, 04:01 AM
"Brax" wrote:

I haven't heard anything - send a PM to Jackyl, maybe he has some inside scoop...

My guess would be that Elling has GOT to be worried...

DarrinNelsonguy
06-02-2005, 04:03 AM
Yeah here is the kicker report from camp:

Elling didn't kick today he drank too much Gatorade

Edinger kicked a couple of FGs and then went to the locker room because he was bored.

J/K but man kickers never do anything in practice. They don't even get to hit anyone why do they need pads?

canadian_vikes_fan
06-02-2005, 04:06 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

Yeah here is the kicker report from camp

Elling didn't kick today he drank too much Gatorade

Edinger kicked a couple of FGs and then went to the locker room because he was bored.

J/K but man kickers never do anything in practice. They don't even get to hit anyone why do they need pads?Did you see Elling try to make that tackle last year? The one where he got injured? Because they never learn how to tackle, they REALLY need the pads when they give it a shot. As for practices though, I have no clue.

DarrinNelsonguy
06-02-2005, 04:21 AM
As a ST player you never want to allow the kicker to make a tackle because it makes you look bad and that means someone blew their assignment and your going to get a talking to on the sideline.

Ellings attempt at a tackle was an ugly thing.

ultravikingfan
06-02-2005, 04:44 AM
"shockzilla" wrote:

"Brax" wrote:

I haven't heard anything - send a PM to Jackyl, maybe he has some inside scoop...

Jackyl is pulling for Jose! (or at least I think he would be) :lol:

DarrinNelsonguy
06-02-2005, 04:46 AM
ultra Jose went back to work for Fed Ex last week when the Vikings signed Edinger because he was cut.

ultravikingfan
06-02-2005, 04:50 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

ultra Jose went back to work for Fed Ex last week when the Vikings signed Edinger because he was cut.

Ah jeez!

Jackyl was probably :sad:

muchluv4smoot
06-02-2005, 04:55 AM
I think edinger is gonna win this battle easily. I guess he was looking better than brien in bears camp, and was still let go. Stupid bears=good for our kicking game.

kleen
06-02-2005, 04:56 AM
Edinger 10 for 10 then tried 50 yd. hit middle of ball. it wasn"t pretty
Elling missed 2
Nichols missed 1 hit a 50 yd

:wink:

canadian_vikes_fan
06-02-2005, 04:57 AM
"kleen" wrote:

Edinger 10 for 10 then tried 50 yd. hit middle of ball. it wasn"t pretty
Elling missed 2
Nichols missed 1 hit a 50 yd

winkWow! Thanks! Where'd you get this info??

cajunvike
06-02-2005, 05:33 AM
Welcome kleen! Are you one of the players posting incognito on the board??? LOL

ultravikingfan
06-02-2005, 06:11 AM
Is this you, kleen?

http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/NFL/92104_Mike_Tice.JPG

:lol:

TheAnimal93
06-02-2005, 02:59 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

"Brax" wrote:

I wanna know why the Shockmeister is posting in a worthless kicker thread. J/K :lol: :lol:

Can I mention Nugent?
Can we steal him away from the Jets like we did AW?
Too late huh?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

josdin00
06-02-2005, 05:20 PM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

I think edinger is gonna win this battle easily. I guess he was looking better than brien in bears camp, and was still let go. Stupid bears=good for our kicking game.

I'm pretty sure that the only reason we got him this season is because we signed him to an offer sheet that the Bears couldn't afford when he was a restricted free agent a couple years ago. Yes, the Bears matched the offer then, but they couldn't keep paying him at that level, and had to release him.

hungryboy
06-02-2005, 05:40 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the only reason we got him this season is because we signed him to an offer sheet that the Bears couldn't afford when he was a restricted free agent a couple years ago. Yes, the Bears matched the offer then, but they couldn't keep paying him at that level, and had to release him.Two men enter; one man leaves. That's the bottom line in the battle for the Vikings' starting kicker's job, but it isn't shaping up as a cutthroat competition. That was evident on the opening of a three-day developmental camp Wednesday, as incumbent Aaron Elling and challenger Paul Edinger spent their first day together on the practice field engaged in congenial conversation. "We sat down at breakfast," Elling said. "It's competition on the field and let the better man win, but when we're just hanging out, we're going to spend a lot of time together. He's a good guy, and we're going to have fun." Edinger, who was signed last week after being released by Chicago, said he is looking forward to some good, healthy competition.

kleen
06-02-2005, 10:57 PM
No, I am not a player. But very close.

ultravikingfan
06-02-2005, 11:01 PM
"kleen" wrote:

Close how?

Janitor? :lol: JK!

cajunvike
06-03-2005, 01:14 AM
"kleen" wrote:

Are you Cris Carter? :lol: I noticed that you are from Florida. And a former player is pretty close to being a current player.

shockzilla
06-03-2005, 05:30 AM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

"shockzilla" wrote:

"Brax" wrote:

I wanna know why the Shockmeister is posting in a worthless kicker thread. J/K :lol: :lol:

Can I mention Nugent?
Can we steal him away from the Jets like we did AW?
Too late huh?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey now - I CARE about my team!!!!!! The only worthless thread is the thread in my jeans holding back my GIMUNGOUS Purple-Helmeted-Warrior!!!

TheAnimal93
06-03-2005, 06:39 AM
:lol: the emphasis should have been put on kicker. :lol:
______

TMI...........TMI

audioghost
06-03-2005, 08:41 AM
GO JOHNATHAN NICHOLS!

smootpepper
06-05-2005, 05:05 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"kleen" wrote:

Close how?

Janitor? :lol: JK!

With a name like kleen it has to be O. Smith. So hows the vacation going O? :lol:

muchluv4smoot
06-05-2005, 06:46 AM
"josdin00" wrote:

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the only reason we got him this season is because we signed him to an offer sheet that the Bears couldn't afford when he was a restricted free agent a couple years ago. Yes, the Bears matched the offer then, but they couldn't keep paying him at that level, and had to release him.

No, that isn't the case at all according to his agent. They could have afforded to pay him the $ that he signed for, or they also could have given him a new contract, for less money but more years. This is what edinger actually wanted awhile back, but chicago wouldn't do that. They said that edinger would compete with other kickers for the job, which his agent knew was BS and that they planned to can him anyways. They just said that, and were trying to get us to make a trade similar to the cowart trade, for edinger. That didn't work and they cut him, because they(lovie) like brien better, which is absord.

Edinger will have a great year IMO and get a new big contract from us after the season. Like I said before, he had a problem with his mechanics and fixed that over the offseason and is now kicking great.