PDA

View Full Version : Big WIllie thinks

willieofford
06-02-2005, 01:16 AM
Willie thinks that the vikings defense is good enough to carry us to the superbowl, willie or no willie. Antoine and Freddy are a top 3 tandem. Our linebackers are smarter and fast as hell(cept Cowart he is the brains) and our d line is going to be the 2nd best next to Carolina. F them Bears, Wille says their d got nothing on us. Now only if Corey and Brian would quit the team.

cajunvike
06-02-2005, 02:40 AM
Excerpt from Springer:

Willie: I'm BIG WILL-IE-E-E-E-E!!!

Ex-girlfriend: You're Little Willie!

Willie: I'm BIG WILL-IE-E-E-E-E!!!

Ex-girlfriend: NO, you're Little Willie!!!

I thought it was funny anyway...maybe you had to be watching!!! LOL

DarrinNelsonguy
06-02-2005, 02:42 AM
Our D will be better but I don't know if we will be the #2 D in the league that may be stretching it.

wv__viking__fan
06-02-2005, 02:45 AM
I do know one thing. I'm more excited about our D this year than I've been in a long time. I'm sure there are a lot of people here that share that same feeling. It's going to be fun to find out just how good they can be. Hate to wish my life away, but man I sure wish it was September.

Skol Vikings!

canadian_vikes_fan
06-02-2005, 02:49 AM
We will have a great defence this year - and Chavous and Williams will be a significant part of that (unless one of them gets traded). Depth in the secondary is very important because, as we proved last year, its really really easy to get injured. Chavous, Sharper, Winfield, and Irvin were all injured for parts of last year. I agree that Smoot and Winfield are one of the best tandems in the league, but if one of them gets injured, I want to have someone I have confidence in stepping in, and that is Brian Williams. As for Chavous, I assume (because of your name) that you want Offord to start. Don't worry, he will. But for now, Chavous is the starter because he is simply the better player. Chavous will return to his 2003 Pro-Bowl level, and when Offord surpasses him, he'll start.

bryonfos
06-02-2005, 02:55 AM
We do need Chavous and B Will, I can't envision our team without Corey. We already lost a corey (spelled with a K)and a C.C. We don't need to lose another.
I do like our odds and chances on D, but it will take time for them to gel. Those guys that have followed my beloved Vikes throughout all the seasons of futility, knows you can't expect everything overnight.

ultravikingfan
06-02-2005, 02:57 AM
"willieofford" wrote:

Willie thinks that the vikings defense is good enough to carry us to the superbowl, willie or no willie. Antoine and Freddy are a top 3 tandem. Our linebackers are smarter and fast as hell(cept Cowart he is the brains) and our d line is going to be the 2nd best next to Carolina. F them Bears, Wille says their d got nothing on us. Now only if Corey and Brian would quit the team.

Ultra thinks that this thread is about the same as your last thread about Chavous and wanting to argue with others!

TheAnimal93
06-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Animal likes talking about himself in the third person too.

Del Rio
06-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Del Rio thinks Willy Nelson is the bomb, other then that this thread is a crap sandwich.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/chohd76/kickoffinternetgore.jpg

cc21
06-02-2005, 04:00 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"willieofford" wrote:

Ultra thinks that this thread is about the same as your last thread about Chavous and wanting to argue with others!big corey and ultra think alike.

cajunvike
06-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Spoof of excerpt from Jerry Springer:

Corey: I'm BIG COR-EY-Y-Y-Y-Y!!!

Ex-girlfriend: You're Little Corey!

Corey: I'm BIG COR-EY-Y-Y-Y-Y!!!

Ex-girlfriend: NO, you're Little Corey!!!

willieofford
06-03-2005, 03:32 AM
GOD! Corey Chavous is horrible! Corey Chavous 21 you have no argument against this. The only reason you want ppl to defend ur case on Corey is because he sucks and u cant win the discussion!!!!!!!!!!

canadian_vikes_fan
06-03-2005, 03:39 AM
What has Offord done? He's had one or two good games. Corey Chavous went to THE PRO BOWL ie. HE'S GOOD! Why would chavous21 want him to be starting if he sucked? He's a Vikings fan to, and he wants what's best for the team. In this case, what's best is Corey Chavous. He's the veteran presence in the middle of the field that knows whats going on and has been good and will continue to be good. When Offord starts putting together a string of several good games in a row, then I will start to consider him. Until that point, the Vikes are gonna stick with the proven veteran.

RandyMoss8404
06-03-2005, 03:43 AM
"willieofford" wrote:

GOD! Corey Chavous is horrible! Corey Chavous 21 you have no argument against this. The only reason you want ppl to defend ur case on Corey is because he sucks and u cant win the discussion!!!!!!!!!!

Though you're actually right with this point, you could say it a lot more politely, bud.

vegasvike
06-03-2005, 04:04 AM
you know what Corey Chavous is starting on an NFL team so to say that he sucks is well, kind of stupid. He's been a starter since his first day and if I am wrong then I know that I will be corrected but for someone to say that he sucks when we are all watching him play makes no sense at all.

cc21
06-03-2005, 04:16 AM
Willie has had the chance to start at safety ever since he came here. If he showed that he was better than chavous in camp, than I'm sure he would be starting. But the thing is, he hasn't showed that he is better. That's why he doesn't start, because chavous is better. Now willie won't be starting this year so keep your mouth shut and don't call me out.

Ltrey33
06-03-2005, 04:39 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"willieofford" wrote:

Though you're actually right with this point, you could say it a lot more politely, bud.

Wow, that was pretty harsh.

V4L
06-03-2005, 04:56 AM
Vikez says Willie Offord is horrible and Chavous will start this year no doubt

cc21
06-03-2005, 05:00 AM
Big Chavous agrees with big Vikes4lyfe.

collegeguyjeff
06-03-2005, 05:17 AM
i think it will be nice to see our defense actually make teams work for points this year, i expect teams to be doing a lot more 3 point field goals and less touchdowns a lot less touch downs

VikingsTw
06-03-2005, 06:18 AM
Chavous was garbage last year, looked like a lost puppy. Personally i would love to see Offord get a chance to play the whole season, he hits like a mack truck, he's strong, a student of the game. Cotrell has been very impressed with him thus far.

IMO our defense wouldn't loose a step without chavous.... wait did they ever have a step with chavous.... they didn't. Brian Russell should have went to the Pro Bowl that same year chavous did, he had more INT's and just as many tackles. That goes to show you how easy it is the have a lucky season and make the pro bowl, only difference was chavous didn't come off the practice squad the previous year.

Chavous is obviously GOLD DIGGING, are you guys blind? Do we want this type of thing on our team? And on top of that its out of our so called Defensive Leader. On top of all that he had a GARBAGE year last year. Does it make sense to hold out. Offords not holding out, and he proly only makes a third of what chavous makes.

What would we loose if we lost chavous, some depth, what can chavous do that Offord cant, offords a great tackler and a much better hitter. Offord also showed some good coverage ability in the packer game and eagle game, go watch the tape of offord covering Westbrook in the slot. Watch it closely. When offord played those last two games of last season i seen things out of him that i didn't see out of Chavous the WHOLE year.

The only negative to loosing chavous is quality depth. We have veteran leadership all over the defense, nothing wrong with a little youngblood in offord.

RandyMoss8404
06-03-2005, 08:52 AM
Stop making sense about Corey Chavous not being the starting safety for our team. It's not met well here.

Del Rio
06-03-2005, 04:02 PM
You my friend have a serious case of porr baby piss pants. Grow the fuck up.

There are plenty of reasons why he should remain our saftey. Real reasons, not make believe I played HS saftey so i know what I am saying reasons, or reasons that you cannot proove. There is film, there are statistics. If you are going to piss and moan every two seconds and keep bitching abous this that is just sad.

Maybe you should write another thread about how picked on you are, and how inocent you are and how we are all zealots LMAO. You bring all of this on yourself with your extreemly defensive posts, and your subtle jabs.

Who gives a shit if you want Corey gone? I don't scream it from every message on every thread just have a pair of nuts and say it. You don't have to hide behind a curtain of vague jabs, and cry baby posts Mr. Oz

cajunvike
06-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Poor baby piss pants??? LMAO!!!

Del Rio
06-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah thats all i got this morning, getting ready to go fishing.

I am begining to believe the PM's. lol

VikingsTw
06-03-2005, 06:39 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

You my friend have a serious case of porr baby piss pants. Grow the F!!ck up.

There are plenty of reasons why he should remain our saftey. Real reasons, not make believe I played HS saftey so i know what I am saying reasons, or reasons that you cannot proove. There is film, there are statistics. If you are going to piss and moan every two seconds and keep bitching abous this that is just sad.

Maybe you should write another thread about how picked on you are, and how inocent you are and how we are all zealots LMAO. You bring all of this on yourself with your extreemly defensive posts, and your subtle jabs.

Who gives a pooh if you want Corey gone? I don't scream it from every message on every thread just have a pair of nuts and say it. You don't have to hide behind a curtain of vague jabs, and cry baby posts Mr. Oz

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/haterade.gif

Del Rio
06-03-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm a hater.

cajunvike
06-03-2005, 06:45 PM
You catch anything, DR?

VikingsTw
06-03-2005, 06:52 PM
F'n Haters, JK. I never posted that pic had to find the perfect time, i got it sent to me one time when i was hating on TO, LOL.

vikingdude82
06-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Actually Cowart has pretty decent speed.

vikingdude82
06-03-2005, 06:57 PM
and Chavous is a lot better than Brian Williams, and if you don't think so then which one made it to the pro-bowl? wait I don't think Williams did.

cajunvike
06-03-2005, 06:58 PM
"vikingdude82" wrote:

Actually Cowart has pretty decent speed.

HUH???

vikingdude82
06-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Before he had his injury, and he can get around decently, so don't HUH HUH HUH HUH me, have he even seen any of his tapes while he was with the Jets

cajunvike
06-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Weren't we talking about Chavous vs. BWill?

GreenBaySlackers
06-03-2005, 07:25 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Weren't we talking about Chavous vs. BWill?

i seem to reckolect that...

vikingdude82
06-03-2005, 07:29 PM
must have been in another post, someone said are D is fast expect for cowart.

GreenBaySlackers
06-03-2005, 07:34 PM
"vikingdude82" wrote:

Before he had his injury, and he can get around decently, so don't HUH HUH HUH HUH me, have he even seen any of his tapes while he was with the Jets a little courtesy tip: make sure you know what your talking about before you get all defensive, your post was relevent... just not in this thread, if you would have bothered to reread what was said and try to understand why he HUHedyou, you probably would have caught the mistake before you cam eout looking like a fool.

Del Rio
06-03-2005, 07:38 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

You catch anything, DR?

wife shot me down now I am mowing our lawn

now you see why i hate :grin:

vikingdude82
06-03-2005, 08:16 PM
no ill pass.

cajunvike
06-03-2005, 08:22 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

You catch anything, DR?

Dang, that's harsh! Next thing you know, she is gonna tie the apron on you and tell you to wash the dishes! :lol:

GreenBaySlackers
06-03-2005, 08:55 PM
"vikingdude82" wrote:

no ill pass.no, i dont think you will...

ultravikingfan
06-03-2005, 09:20 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

You catch anything, DR?

http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/women/003.gif "Drew, you are not going fishing"! http://bestsmileys.com/fishing/1.gif

"You are going to mow the lawn"!http://bestsmileys.com/working/10.gif

Del Rio: "Yes dear". http://bestsmileys.com/bowing/2.gif

Del Rio
06-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Lmao!

You nailed it Ultra!

RandyMoss8404
06-03-2005, 09:51 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Who gives a pooh if you want Corey gone? I don't scream it from every message on every thread just have a pair of nuts and say it. You don't have to hide behind a curtain of vague jabs, and cry baby posts Mr. Oz

Do you have a two year old sitting on your lap helping you with these insults?

You've seen a few too many Rugrats episodes my friend. Have a sip of wine and chill out. I've made it very clear that Corey Chavous should not start at strong safety for this team, but, for those of us who are capable of reading the letters on a page, I have never said I want him gone - just relegated to a backup position.

willieofford
06-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Vikingstw is the only one on this discussion that made some sense. Thank you man, its good to see someone knows that a starting strong safety needs to be BIG STRONG FAST AND HIT LIKE A MACK TRUCK. (not that tampon boy leg shaving Chavous.) HE is a damn gold digger and the only reason he is holding out because he is scared of the signing of Darren Sharper and Willie Offords improvement and knows that Minnesota isnt going to house shitty defensive backs anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!

V4L
06-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Yo.. How do u think Offord is better then CC? Maybe he can hit a little harder.. But who cares? Id rather have a better player then someone who can hit barley harder

V4L
06-03-2005, 11:36 PM
The only pick ive ever seen offord get was a pick that rolled on his shoulder pad for 3 seconds then dropped in his hands..

willieofford
06-03-2005, 11:43 PM
yeah but what is corey good at? Not fast, cant hit, cant intercept, cant cover, is stupid(watch the green bay packer games against minnesota last year) and is greedy?

.......................... oh wait i found one thing hes good at. SUCKING AT LIFE!!!

canadian_vikes_fan
06-04-2005, 12:03 AM
"willieofford" wrote:

Vikingstw is the only one on this discussion that made some sense. Thank you man, its good to see someone knows that a starting strong safety needs to be BIG STRONG FAST AND HIT LIKE A MACK TRUCK. (not that tampon boy leg shaving Chavous.) HE is a damn gold digger and the only reason he is holding out because he is scared of the signing of Darren Sharper and Willie Offords improvement and knows that Minnesota isnt going to house shitty defensive backs anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!I dunno what to say - where to start?

Hitting hard is not really important for a safety - it helps but its not mandatory. Really hard hitters = linebackers. Good in coverage = DB.

Chavous knows how to cover guys - he's proven and he's a veteran. That's why he is gonna be the starter for the Vikes this year.

BTW you're right - "Minnesota isnt gonna house shitty defensive backs anymore" - but remind me the last time a shitty DB got selected to start in the Pro Bowl (IOW HE'S NOT SHITTY!)

Mike Tice knows a HELLUVA lot more about football than any of us (probably more than all of us combined). He's in a contract year. He's got something to prove - that he's a good coach. He wants to do anything he can to make sure that the Vikings are the best team we can possibly be. So if Tice says that Chavous is the starter, then who are we to question him? What gives Big Willie the right to start questioning A NFL HEAD COACH???????

Get used to it. Chavous will start for us. He will do a good job. He will start for us in the Super Bowl. If you don't like this, then choose another team. There are other teams with BIG STRONG FAST SAFETIES AND HIT LIKE A MACK TRUCK. Go cheer for the Broncos - they have John Lynch. And enjoy watchin us win the Super Bowl in Detroit (with Chavous starting).

When Offord starts putting together a string of a bunch of good games let me know. Then we'll talk. Right now, he hasn't done much, so HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO START.

V4L
06-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Alright... He isnt slow...He runs a 40 time as fast as Eugene Wilson, John Lynch, And Deon Grant.. If you want a link just ask.. He hits just fine.. 9 picks a few years back is enough proof there.. And is stupid? thats the dumbest thing ive heard in a while.. He is the smartest guy on our team.. and he studys film way more the anyone else

willieofford
06-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Ok Canada, back up right now. U dont know what your talking about so go play hockey withyourself. This is a freaking message boards. People have opinions. I can say Offord should be the starter if I want to. U have no damn right to tell me to go choose another team. If im pissing u off, go get drunk and rot your trailer park because thats what you guys up there are used to, eh?

willieofford
06-04-2005, 12:16 AM
link please vikez4lyfe

V4L
06-04-2005, 12:32 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/experts/dan-pompei/20050307.html

My bad.. It didnt say they were the same speed as chavous exactly.. But it proves alot of points that u dont need to be that fast..

When he came out of Stanford, John Lynch ran a 4.64 40. When he came out of Syracuse, Tebucky Jones ran a 4.40 40. But Lynch is a future Hall of Famer and Jones is a middle-of-the-road performer because Lynch feels the game the way Ray Charles felt the music and Jones doesn't. Jones could beat Lynch on a track all day long, but he probably wouldn't beat him to the football twice in 100 snaps.

And it talks about Thomas Davis (1st Round pick) who runs a 4.65 40 time.. So dont worry bout speed man.. Chavous is our best SS.. Offord sucks.. He couldnt beat out Russell or Chavous for either starting job..

jessejames09
06-04-2005, 12:35 AM
Buddy you fuck right off. If your racist why live in America i thought they allowed EVERYONE.

willieofford
06-04-2005, 12:39 AM
IM NOT RACIST, it was just funny.

V4L
06-04-2005, 12:44 AM
COREY CHAVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cajunvike
06-04-2005, 12:47 AM
This is ONLY High School Ball, but I think that it illustrates what the article is about (the linked one above)...when I played HS ball back in the day, we had a free safety who ran a 4.9 - 5.0 at best...but this guy had total instincts...we ended up winning state my senior year and he ended up as the AAA Defensive Player of the Year...he also ended up with a D-I football scholarship...so speed isn't everything...I saw it first-hand...albeit at a lower level than the pros...but the concept still stands on its own merit.

V4L
06-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Safeties can make up for whatever they lack in timed speed, probably better than players at any other position. In fact, a slower safety might get to the ball more quickly than a faster one -- if he has a feel for angles, his opponent, the offensive play and the defensive call. It's all about "mental speed," as scouts call it.

It's called Mental Speed... Chavous is a pretty bright guy.. He must have "Mental Speed"

canadian_vikes_fan
06-04-2005, 03:43 AM
"willieofford" wrote:

Ok Canada, back up right now. U dont know what your talking about so go play hockey withyourself. This is a freaking message boards. People have opinions. I can say Offord should be the starter if I want to. U have no gol 'darnit right to tell me to go choose another team. If im pissing u off, go get drunk and rot your trailer park because thats what you guys up there are used to, eh?

I'm allowing your opinion - it's just that I (and most other people on this forum) completely disagree with what you're saying, and how you're saying it. If you notice, throughout this entire thread, I've supported why Chavous is better than Offord, not what you do which is keep bashing Chavous so that Offord looks better. Truth is, Chavous has proven that he can play at a VERY high level and he has earned his starting spot. But noone is saying that Offord doesn't deserve a chance to earn the job once Chavous retires.

RandyMoss8404
06-04-2005, 03:51 AM
Ok, wow.

What's up with the racism?

Del Rio
06-04-2005, 06:41 AM
"willieofford" wrote:

Ok Canada, back up right now. U dont know what your talking about so go play hockey withyourself. This is a freaking message boards. People have opinions. I can say Offord should be the starter if I want to. U have no gol 'darnit right to tell me to go choose another team. If im pissing u off, go get drunk and rot your trailer park because thats what you guys up there are used to, eh?

You are really a piece of work. Every time you type something it becomes a little bit more clear that you were either

A)dropped on your head as a child

B)Ate paint chips.........yesterday

C)Spent too many nights at Michael Jacksons house.

From that garbage you spout I am guessing all three.

Del Rio
06-04-2005, 06:44 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Do you have a two year old sitting on your lap helping you with these insults?

You've seen a few too many Rugrats episodes my friend. Have a sip of wine and chill out. I've made it very clear that Corey Chavous should not start at strong safety for this team, but, for those of us who are capable of reading the letters on a page, I have never said I want him gone - just relegated to a backup position.

Nope you just try to play the victim and you can't pull it off.

VikingsTw
06-04-2005, 07:08 AM
I think offord just needs his chance to play a string of games, kinda like kurt warner or brad johnson or Raonall Smith, once he gets on the field he will surprise people, maybe not. He just needs a shot and i would be damn willing to give him a shot especailly when our overated SS is holding out for money after a horrible year.

I would love to see chavous quit b*tching get back on the field and have a great year but i dont see it happening. Really this is kinda pointless i have no control but i do have my opinion and i'm rooting for the underdog.

ultravikingfan
06-04-2005, 02:51 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:

Buddy you F!!ck right off. If your racist why live in America i thought they allowed EVERYONE.

He took a shot at Canadiens, thats not being a racist.

bryonfos
06-04-2005, 05:10 PM
Isn't this thread kinda redundant.

ultravikingfan
06-04-2005, 05:12 PM
"bryonfos" wrote:

Isn't this thread kinda redundant.

Naw, just a friendly little face slapping! :lol:

CanadaViking
06-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Actually what little Willie did was show how ignorant he was, not how racist he his. to come to a debate with put downs and dumb comments is a direct result of having no clue how to successfully argue his point, I have been watching Willie's threads and he is just being a sh*t disturber. The whole thing about who's better and what not is an opinion piece that shouldn't be taken to heart by some Willie who obviously wants to piss people off. And your so called joke about trailer parks wasn't all that funny as trailer parks are a stigma of the south ( no offense to anyone) not the North. Leave piss poor Canadian jokes for a Canadian that is being a jerk not someone stating their opinion as you are.

Cheers!

bryonfos
06-04-2005, 05:21 PM
He must be a Democrat.

UAL777
06-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Is all of this going on because it is Saturday?

Personally I like Chavous....every player has a bad year once in a while, (remember when Culpepper fumbled like 30 times a few seasons ago?) so calm down. Oh yeah, if anyone says one more word about my great state of Alabama.....Ill f**king kill em ;)

G'day

bryonfos
06-04-2005, 10:43 PM
There isn't anything wrong with Alabama, all the trailers add a little eccentricism.

UAL777
06-05-2005, 12:33 AM
LOL bryonfos....btw, i guess you could say THIS: http://http://www.ncironman.com/ adds a little eccentricism to yours too ;)

willieofford
06-05-2005, 12:36 AM
I think EJ should still start too

canadian_vikes_fan
06-05-2005, 12:42 AM
"willieofford" wrote:

I think EJ should still start tooDidn't you already say that Sam Cowart was the brains of the defence???