PDA

View Full Version : Would you still be a vikings fan if....

gpless05
05-29-2005, 02:48 AM
I know that almost all of us people on here love the vikings and cant stop thinking of them. What if the vikings did get put into a City like L.A. Would you still be a fan of the vikings EX: L.A. Vikings

V4L
05-29-2005, 02:52 AM
Once a Vike, Always a Vike! I would love them forever even if they went to LA.. Until Minnesota would get a new team the Vikes would be my fav.. Then they would become my second fav.

PurplePackerEater
05-29-2005, 02:58 AM
Helll No!

I'm a fan of the "Minnesota" Vikings.

It's just not the same. For a local, the team wouldn't be right out our back door, no local charity funraisers, no run ins with players...ect...

PurplePackerEater
05-29-2005, 03:01 AM
I'm not a fan of the LA Lakers or the Dallas Stars either!

But, thanks for encouraging Wigi :roll: .

6-KINGS
05-29-2005, 03:04 AM
You bet ya.
And when they come to Benbrook...........
Oh but that is old news.

No matter where they go so long as they are THE VIKINGS.
I am a fan.

6-KINGS

LosAngelis
05-29-2005, 03:14 AM
If they move, we Packer fans would be happy to give each and every one of you a lobotomy so you can be Packer fans.

Not that you need one, we just want you to forget about the Vikings, if that happened, and enjoy the Pack. And the pretty shiny objects and the movement of your fingers.

midgensa
05-29-2005, 03:17 AM
I think you will see a line here. I am a Vikings fan, but I live in Charlottesville, Va., so I would probably still pull for them anyway. I see that 6-Kings in Texas would too. I bet most the people in Minnesota would (rightfully) feel shafted if the team were to move. I think I would still pull for them, but my love would definitely waver a little.

Articnv
05-29-2005, 03:23 AM
nope if they moved iw ould stop routing for them and ish them to have losign records just like i did for the stars

ultravikingfan
05-29-2005, 03:40 AM
I am a native Minnesotan (temporarily displaced) and I would not even watch football if they left; and thats not a "F-ing" joke!

PurpleRide
05-29-2005, 04:04 AM
I would stop watching the Vikings and probably the NFL. I was a huge North Stars fan, once they moved I stopped watching the NHL and turned my attention to the gophers. I think the same would go for the Vikings. I'm a homer except for the cubs. Go Cubs! Next year is our year
P.S.
The Vikings are not moving, if you are worried tell your state rep to get a stadium bill passed then they deff. will not move.

V4L
05-29-2005, 04:06 AM
I dont see why people would stop liking them.. I have other teams I like even though the only team i would root for is the Vikes

ultravikingfan
05-29-2005, 04:09 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I dont see why people would stop liking them.. I have other teams I like even though the only team i would root for is the Vikes

Because, I have one team and one team only. I give 100% of my "fan-dom" to the Vikes! No more room to have other teams to like or root for.

I only root for another team when it affects our chances of making the playoffs (and whoever is playing the Packers).

V4L
05-29-2005, 04:11 AM
Oh yah i give 100 percent to the Vikes also.. I only root Vikes.. And if they moved i would still root for the Vikes.. But there are some other cool teams out there but i would never ever concider being a fan of.. like the texans or bengals

cajunvike
05-29-2005, 04:12 AM
I would quit rooting for them for one reason and one reason only...the owner who would move the team would NOT deserve our continued support...I would wish EVIL on that owner for all eternity!

Example: When Bud "King of the A$$HOLES" Adams left Houston with the Oilers, I quit rooting for them totally (and I really, really like Steve McNair)...I was so happy when they lost the Super Bowl...Bud Adams did not deserve that trophy and he didn't get it. I hope he never does!!!

I would wish the same on the owner of the Vikings that moves the team out of Minnesota...and I am not even from there...that is how strongly I feel about that!

Ltrey33
05-29-2005, 04:27 AM
I might abandon football altogether if they moved them, and just watch college, although I'm not sure. I think I'd stay a fan though, especially if they only moved cities and didn't change their name. But Caj is right, that owner would be really evil to do that.

LosAngelis
05-29-2005, 04:30 AM
I'm hearing the Saints as the likely move now to LA, moreso than the Vikes.

cajunvike
05-29-2005, 04:31 AM
I will quit sympathy rooting for them too if Benson or someone else moves them too!!!

TheAnimal93
05-29-2005, 04:35 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I am a native Minnesotan (temporarily displaced) and I would not even watch football if they left; and thats not a "F-ing" joke!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ditto!
Never been to Minny!
It won't be worth watching. The Vikings wouldnt even be the Vikings in _ _. What a joke and it is NFL blasphemy to think otherwise.
Ahhh. Cut my throat and pour battery acid down it.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

smootpepper
05-29-2005, 04:36 AM
If the vikes move it will be the north stars all over again.

1. denial
2. Hate for NHL, and Norm
3. substance abuse (mostly heavy drinking)
4. misplaced anger towards Texas.
5. Acceptance that i will never watch the North Stars again.

Oh how I miss the North Stars.

But I can see me boycotting the NFL if the vikes move.

gpless05
05-29-2005, 04:37 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

If they move, we Packer fans would be happy to give each and every one of you a lobotomy so you can be Packer fans.

Not that you need one, we just want you to forget about the Vikings, if that happened, and enjoy the Pack. And the pretty shiny objects and the movement of your fingers.
Ya the packers fans would be happy so they dont have to worry about them in there division!

fourdoorchevelle
05-29-2005, 04:44 AM
as long as they are still the vikings i would have no problem rootin for my team .

i think sacramento needs a football team , that would make me even more of a fan if possible.

DemonicViking
05-29-2005, 04:45 AM
You're an evil man Los, have you casted a spell so it is the Vikings that move to LA? You seem to wish that. I don't blame you, if I were the Packers I'd fear the Vikings twice a year too, in which case I'd want them to move out of the division completely as well. :grin:

akvikefan89
05-29-2005, 04:48 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

They are going to have to change the team name if that happens. Nothing "saintly" about L.A. :lol:

smootpepper
05-29-2005, 05:18 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Good, let the saints move. I never liked them anyway. Any team that has a half peeled bannana for a logo deserves to be moved. :wink:

FuadFan
05-29-2005, 05:32 AM
Nope, I'd probably give up on all sports if it happend. Also if they do move they wouldn't still be called the Vikings either. Minnesota has ties with that name Los Angeles does not.

midgensa
05-29-2005, 05:45 AM
I would more than likely stop rooting for them and become a fan of another team (likely the Rams or Falcons).
I was born in St. Louis, so I went through Bill "F'ing" Bidwell moving the Cardinals and really have a dislike for them to this day because he is the owner.
So, I take back my earlier thoughts ... I would likely bail on an owner who did not leave the Vikings where they belong.

ultravikingfan
05-29-2005, 05:46 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:

Nope, I'd probably give up on all sports if it happend. Also if they do move they wouldn't still be called the Vikings either. Minnesota has ties with that name Los Angeles does not.

I'm with Fuad here.

I'll start supporting the WNBA and join one of their fan sites and talk womens basketball with the other 3 members! :lol:

cajunvike
05-29-2005, 06:16 AM
LOL, ultra!!!

ItalianStallion
05-29-2005, 06:25 AM
Well I have no real loyalty to minnesota persay, so I would have to say I would still be a fan.

Would be sad though.

cajunvike
05-29-2005, 06:40 AM
The owner who moves the Vikings out of Minnesota would replace Red as the most reviled Vikings owner in history!!!

Hands down!

Space Coyote
05-29-2005, 06:54 AM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

I would stop watching the Vikings and probably the NFL. I was a huge North Stars fan, once they moved I stopped watching the NHL and turned my attention to the gophers. I think the same would go for the Vikings. I'm a homer except for the cubs. Go Cubs! Next year is our year
P.S.
The Vikings are not moving, if you are worried tell your state rep to get a stadium bill passed then they deff. will not move.

Same for me...
I stopped watching hockey when the stars moved to dallas...what the heck is up with that anyway? Do they even have ice in Texas? Huh...I'm still a little bitter about that one.

ultravikingfan
05-29-2005, 06:56 AM
I'm still mad about the Lakers moving!

We want the name back!

Space Coyote
05-29-2005, 06:58 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:

Well...it worked with the lakers...

cajunvike
05-29-2005, 07:01 AM
But that was before the Browns set the new standard in the NFL for keeping the name...of course, Minnesotans forget that they stole the Twins from Washington DC...you live by the sword...that being said, the NFL would have to promise Minnesota a new expansion franchise like they did for the Senators and Browns...the fan base deserves that at the very least...I just hope that it never comes to that!!!

ultravikingfan
05-29-2005, 07:05 AM
The Vikings are not going anywhere.

There are other teams that would go before us. Sorry to say this, but the Siants have got to be on the top of the list.

cajunvike
05-29-2005, 07:06 AM
I think that LA Colts sounds better.

collegeguyjeff
05-29-2005, 11:16 AM
first off the vikings won't be moving

DaunteHOF
05-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Well I live in NY so I have no hometown loyalty, I'm really a Daunte fan but if they moved I would still be a fan...

PurplePackerEater
05-30-2005, 01:51 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I'm still mad about the Lakers moving!

We want the name back!

I agree. What's up with the LA "Lakers" anyway?? Knowing the history, it makes them look pretty stupid. How can you be a fan living in LA and have pride in a team name that doesn't even reflect YOUR surroundings??

Tennesse Oilers?? At least the Titans changed their name eventually. (I THINK they played at least one season as the Oilers, correct me if I'm wrong)

Back to the subject...I think that the Cardinals is the Franchise that should move, they can't even sell out 8 games a year!! How do they even function on that??

wisc vike
05-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Cardinals won't move...they're getting a new stadium year after next and a superbowl in 2006/7

Lotza
hard to decide if they did move...

hopefully i will never have to decide!

Karl
I don't think so. Just like others I was a North Stars fans and once that *** Norm Green moved the team I didn't watch hockey. I would still watch football but it wouldn't be the same without the Vikings.

vikes09
05-30-2005, 02:35 AM
i dont know how i wouldnt be a fan of the vikings if they moved.

i meen, ive cheered for them thick and thin and my blood is purple. to not liking the vikings is understandable, but to completely shut off football, my passion, just because my favorite team changed location is insane. out of the question. even so, i would still like the vikings, even if they changed location, colors, or name. theyll still be the minnesota vikings to me.

vikingdude82
05-30-2005, 02:40 AM
That just shows how many back stabbers there are, a new city, same players.

vikes09
05-30-2005, 02:48 AM
what do you mean by backstabers?

canadian_vikes_fan
05-30-2005, 02:58 AM
My situation would be a bit different than most people.

I already don't live in Minnesota, so it wouldn't make much of a difference for me in terms of going to the games and stuff. I do know what it's like though - I still remember when the Jets left Winnipeg - I can't STAND Gary Bettman, but anyhoo...

Having said that, I have always cheered for the MINNESOTA Vikings and I can't imagine cheering for anyone else, even if it was the same team.

Basically, I would probably still cheer for them, but not as much as I do now. My new favourite team would FOR SURE be whoever is playing the Packers (right now they're my second favourite team).

ultravikingfan
05-30-2005, 03:10 AM
"vikingdude82" wrote:

That just shows how many back stabbers there are, a new city, same players.

Who are the backstabbers?

(getting ready to unload here :lol: )

cajunvike
05-30-2005, 03:15 AM
The ONLY backstabber would be the OWNER who moves the team....and he does NOT deserve to keep his fan base...let him go earn it with the new city!

BigMoInAZ
05-30-2005, 03:17 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Well I have no real loyalty to minnesota persay, so I would have to say I would still be a fan.

Would be sad though.
I couldn't have said it better Mountie! I have no loyalty WHATSOEVER to the state of Minnesota but for some GOTAWFUL reason unexplainable to the common man, I have been a fan of every team at the pro and college level out of that shiathole! Makes no sense! So for the last 40+ years I have been one of the biggest fans of the PURPLE! And like this site, my PURPLE PRIDE would carry me to support the Vikings wherever they might play! EVEN IF IT'S IN MINNESOTA! ROTFLMAO!

SKOL VIKINGS!

canadian_vikes_fan
05-30-2005, 03:19 AM
I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here.

I think the chances of the Vikings moving is pretty small (I sure hope I didn't just jinx it).

We've got a very good fan base - we've sold out what 70, 80 games in a row? We sold out even when our team wasn't that good (for Vikings standards)

Plus, even this site shows what kind of fans we have.

I think any owner will recognize that he has a lucrative market in Minnesota and won't move the team. Eventually, someone will move to LA, (I keep praying for GB, but that won't happen) but my guess is New Orleans. There's one team that doesn't have very good fans - they don't usually sell out, and eventually the owner'll get fed up.

PurplePackerEater
05-30-2005, 03:46 AM
I've realized, through this thread, that their aren't that many Minnesotans on this site.

I do see the other side to this. If I was half way across the country or out of the country, I suppose that I wouldn't care where the team was that I cheered for either. After all, this site would be my ONLY connection to the team. Don't get me wrong, I love the site, but where's the fun in that?? I want to expierence the games, eat overpriced hotdogs, drink overpriced beer, and go to sports bars with friends that have a common interest in the home town football team. I don't want to sit in a dark room listening to the game on the internet. No thanks.

Give me the team I grew up on, playing in my home state, the Minnesota Vikings.

fourdoorchevelle
05-30-2005, 04:06 AM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

I've realized, through this thread, that their aren't that many Minnesotans on this site.

I do see the other side to this. If I was half way across the country or out of the country, I suppose that I wouldn't care where the team was that I cheered for either. After all, this site would be my ONLY connection to the team. Don't get me wrong, I love the site, but where's the fun in that?? I want to expierence the games, eat overpriced hotdogs, drink overpriced beer, and go to sports bars with friends that have a common interest in the home town football team. I don't want to sit in a dark room listening to the game on the internet. No thanks.

yup every one else who : doesn't live in minnesota , or doesn't go to every game or listens to the game on the internet , aren't real fans. how bout those who get nfl sunday ticket every year so they (i) never miss a game. should ya lump that one in there also?

the fun is there if your a real fan . you know what's probably more exciting than rootin for the vikes in minnesota ? doing it in other stadiums , now that's exciting. and a little dangerous ( if the game is in oakland)

sureban
05-31-2005, 12:18 AM
I would not watch the NFL anymore.

Mark.

jdvike
05-31-2005, 12:42 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

The ONLY backstabber would be the OWNER who moves the team....and he does NOT deserve to keep his fan base...let him go earn it with the new city!
I agree with that completely cajun

PurplePackerEater
05-31-2005, 01:58 AM
"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

yup every one else who : doesn't live in minnesota , or doesn't go to every game or listens to the game on the internet , aren't real fans. how bout those who get nfl sunday ticket every year so they (i) never miss a game. should ya lump that one in there also?

the fun is there if your a real fan . you know what's probably more exciting than rootin for the vikes in minnesota ? doing it in other stadiums , now that's exciting. and a little dangerous ( if the game is in oakland)

I'm not out to offend those that don't live in MN, I'm just stating that I wouldn't do it.

:?: I've got one for ya'll. :scratch: What if the team were to move AND change it's name and everything, are you all still going to be fans?? Where do you draw the line? :?:

Like I stated earlier in the thread, no way would I still be a fan if the owner moved the team. The owner would be in search of a new fan base and that's what he'd get....from me.

DPep11
05-31-2005, 02:01 AM
Well there is no way in hell I'd be a Bears fan, so yes I'd still be a fan. I'd have to start somewhere new, so why not start out with the players I've come to know and love?

6-KINGS
05-31-2005, 04:12 AM
I noticed some fans referencing the North Stars.
Hell I was happy when they moved here.
But now since they struck and the season is lost I won't watch the NHL anymore.
I did the same with MLB and the NBA.
And if the NFL ever strikes again, I will abandon them too.

I'll watch the WNBA at least they want to play and play hard for love of the game.
And some of those asses.......
6-KINGS be all up in that house!

:downtown:

fourdoorchevelle
05-31-2005, 04:48 AM

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

I'm not out to offend those that don't live in MN, I'm just stating that I wouldn't do it.

:?: I've got one for ya'll. :scratch: What if the team were to move AND change it's name and everything, are you all still going to be fans?? Where do you draw the line? :?:

Like I stated earlier in the thread, no way would I still be a fan if the owner moved the team. The owner would be in search of a new fan base and that's what he'd get....from me.

that's pretty much the line for me , i'd find it real hard to root for any other team than the vikings . even if they had all the same players , new name and logo would probably ruin it for me .

probably give up on football. man it was hard to say that.

cajunvike
05-31-2005, 06:52 AM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

I noticed some fans referencing the North Stars.
Hell I was happy when they moved here.
But now since they struck and the season is lost I won't watch the NHL anymore.
I did the same with MLB and the NBA.
And if the NFL ever strikes again, I will abandon them too.

I'll watch the WNBA at least they want to play and play hard for love of the game.
And some of those asses.......
6-KINGS be all up in that house!

:downtown:

Yeah, there are a few Washington Mystics that could cast a spell on me! :lol:

LosAngelis
06-01-2005, 03:52 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Yeah, there are a few Washington Mystics that could cast a spell on me! :lol:

Always had a thing for Stacy.

http://www.wnba.com/media/mystics/wp_stacey200.jpg

Total tangent. Sort of. I reffed a basketball game when Anna DeForge was playing for Niagara High School. She was tough.

http://www.wnba.com/media/act_anna_deforge.jpg

Turboe
06-01-2005, 03:59 AM
Depends, say for insance if they moved to Greenville, SC that would be pretty cool. And I might actually be able to get the games on local coverage instead of the Panthers and Falcons games.

DarrinNelsonguy
06-01-2005, 04:24 AM
They are not going to move but if they do I am a Viking Fan until death no matter where they play!

Mr. Purple
06-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Its alot easier for us non minnesota livers to stay with the vikings. Me myself I would still be a die hard fan, but if I lived there, I would be pi$$ed and Idk what i would do

southern_yankee
06-01-2005, 06:52 PM

I'm a Minnesotan...at least I was for the first 22 years (I've been out of the state for over 10 years, but in my heart and soul, I remain true to the "Northland"...that's what us folks from N. Minnesota call it...yeah, I know, there's an entire country north of us). You think that because you've never had to spend a Sunday afternoon wearing your Vikings clothing huddled around the computer screen at your office watching stupid helmets move across the screen that you're a bigger fan than me? Oh, my, say it isn't so. I'd have to say the reverse is true. I've sat in bars in the middle of Packerland having 50 year old white-trash women hurl insults at me. I've been threatened and harassed (a little old man at a bar taunted me with "0 and 4 in the superbowl" over and over again while I was watching a preseason game). I've had to struggle through the adversity to remain true to my team...and loyal I do remain. Until you've tried to be a fan somewhere else, I don't think you can understand the type of loyalty it requires. I would say that the fans not from Minnesota deserve a great deal of kudos for being able to withstand adversity and remain true to the Vikes. I had no choice as to the team I love, but they did...and they still chose PURPLE. For the most part their loyalty lies with the team, not the state. I can't blame them for not caring if the team is 1000 miles away or 2000 miles away.

cajunvike
06-01-2005, 07:00 PM
"southern_yankee" wrote:

I'm a Minnesotan...at least I was for the first 22 years (I've been out of the state for over 10 years, but in my heart and soul, I remain true to the "Northland"...that's what us folks from N. Minnesota call it...yeah, I know, there's an entire country north of us). You think that because you've never had to spend a Sunday afternoon wearing your Vikings clothing huddled around the computer screen at your office watching stupid helmets move across the screen that you're a bigger fan than me? Oh, my, say it isn't so. I'd have to say the reverse is true. I've sat in bars in the middle of Packerland having 50 year old white-trash women hurl insults at me. I've been threatened and harassed (a little old man at a bar taunted me with "0 and 4 in the superbowl" over and over again while I was watching a preseason game). I've had to struggle through the adversity to remain true to my team...and loyal I do remain. Until you've tried to be a fan somewhere else, I don't think you can understand the type of loyalty it requires. I would say that the fans not from Minnesota deserve a great deal of kudos for being able to withstand adversity and remain true to the Vikes. I had no choice as to the team I love, but they did...and they still chose PURPLE. For the most part their loyalty lies with the team, not the state. I can't blame them for not caring if the team is 1000 miles away or 2000 miles away.

I would stand with my Minnesota brothers and sisters...I would boycott the team, if for no other reason than to punish the owner that moved the team...I was never much of a hockey fan (growing up in the south), but I rooted for the North Stars because they were from Minnesota...when they were stolen by Dallas, I immediately started to root against them (and I was living IN Dallas at the time)...the fact that they won the Cup not too long after moving was even more insulting...that Cup BELONGED to the people of Minnesota, not the flakes in Dallas...I would have even stronger feelings if the Vikings were stolen from Minnesota. I stand by my fellow fans as much as I stand by my team...and they would no longer be my team if an a$$hole owner stole them away to another location.

southern_yankee
06-01-2005, 07:17 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

I would stand with my Minnesota brothers and sisters...I would boycott the team, if for no other reason than to punish the owner that moved the team...I was never much of a hockey fan (growing up in the south), but I rooted for the North Stars because they were from Minnesota...when they were stolen by Dallas, I immediately started to root against them (and I was living IN Dallas at the time)...the fact that they won the Cup not too long after moving was even more insulting...that Cup BELONGED to the people of Minnesota, not the flakes in Dallas...I would have even stronger feelings if the Vikings were stolen from Minnesota. I stand by my fellow fans as much as I stand by my team...and they would no longer be my team if an a$$hole owner stole them away to another location.

I didn't mean to imply that every non-native Minnesotan would be happy if they moved. I was just annoyed that PurplePackerEater seemed to imply that those fans that didn't really care if they left weren't real fans. The part about the internet really bothered me...partially because I have been forced to do that...and to me, it was a measure of my true loyalty not an indication of my lackluster fan-dom.

I just think that we shouldn't be harsh to those fans who don't have a loyalty to the state outside of the team. For me personally, it's like if you discovered your spouse slept with all of your best friends...some betrayals cannot be forgiven. Would I stop watching the NFL? No, but I'd hate the LA Vikings more than I hate the Packers...

V4L
06-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Yah I didnt agree with the internet comment either.. Maybe some people cant aford the NFL ticket? Atleast your doing something to watch the games

VKG4LFE
06-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Yes, but they aren't going anywhere!

southern_yankee
06-01-2005, 07:42 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

We know, it's a hypothetical conversation...
like "what would you do if you won the lottery?"

I can have that conversation even though I never buy lottery tickets...

cajunvike
06-01-2005, 08:10 PM
"southern_yankee" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

We know, it's a hypothetical conversation...
like "what would you do if you won the lottery?"

I can have that conversation even though I never buy lottery tickets...

Let's all buy lottery tickets....that way if we win, we can buy the Vikings from Wilf and keep them in Minnesota!!! :grin:

ultravikingfan
06-01-2005, 09:48 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Thats the kind of enthusiasm and realistic approach I am talking about!

happy camper
06-01-2005, 10:23 PM
i would not watch the team anymore if they moved, for the simple fact that i am a vikings fan first and foremost because im a minnesotan.

a few years ago when i started watching football i wouldd have cheered if it was the minnesota panthers or the minnesota raiders..

i didnt statrt watching football because of the vikings. i started watching football because minnesota had a team and they just so happened to be the vikings.

if a team moved, it wouldnt really be the same team anymore, to me.

PurplePackerEater
06-01-2005, 10:55 PM
"southern_yankee" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

I didn't mean to imply that every non-native Minnesotan would be happy if they moved. I was just annoyed that PurplePackerEater seemed to imply that those fans that didn't really care if they left weren't real fans. The part about the internet really bothered me...partially because I have been forced to do that...and to me, it was a measure of my true loyalty not an indication of my lackluster fan-dom.

I just think that we shouldn't be harsh to those fans who don't have a loyalty to the state outside of the team. For me personally, it's like if you discovered your spouse slept with all of your best friends...some betrayals cannot be forgiven. Would I stop watching the NFL? No, but I'd hate the LA Vikings more than I hate the Packers...

That's funny, but what if your spouse moved 2000 miles away??
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok.. let me clear this up. I think that it's great that the Vikes have fans all over the world! Also, I'm not trying to say that you are a not real fan, but I don't believe that you have the same "sentimental" connection.

It's like a comparing between Family and Friends. You may have stumbled across the Vikings and developed a bond/relationship, but I've been raised on the Vikings, as was my father and my grandfathers. ( :idea: Maybe that's why I'm more critical and outspoken about things that go on within the organization, good or bad. Ex.-there are things that you would say to a sibling that you would never say to a friend)

As for the internet thing, I was just stating that I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't be a fan of the Vikings if the team were to move. I wouldn't cheer from half way across the country. You will never understand my ideals, as I will never understand your ideals.

PurplePackerEater
06-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Those that would continue to cheer the Vikings if they moved, I have a question that I've already asked within this thread.

What if the "Vikings" moved, changed their name, changed their colors, changed their logos, and in ten years all the players are different.....Are you all still going to cheer the "Vikings"??

southern_yankee
06-01-2005, 11:30 PM

"southern_yankee" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok.. let me clear this up. I think that it's great that the Vikes have fans all over the world! Also, I'm not trying to say that you are a not real fan, but I don't believe that you have the same "sentimental" connection.

It's like a comparing between Family and Friends. You may have stumbled across the Vikings and developed a bond/relationship, but I've been raised on the Vikings, as was my father and my grandfathers. ( :idea: Maybe that's why I'm more critical and outspoken about things that go on within the organization, good or bad. Ex.-there are things that you would say to a sibling that you would never say to a friend)

As for the internet thing, I was just stating that I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't be a fan of the Vikings if the team were to move. I wouldn't cheer from half way across the country. You will never understand my ideals, as I will never understand your ideals.

I actually am a displaced Minnesotan (22 years worth), so the 'you' doesn't work here in the slightest. My point was that you have no idea how difficult it is to be a fan from afar and that saying they don't have the same sentimental attachment isn't fair either. It's easy to be a fan in the city/state you live. Living away from MN makes me appreciate how difficult it must be for those who aren't (and never were) from MN...and respect the fortitude it took for them to not support the local team. Like you, I had no choice in my team. I can never forget watching games with my Grandfather. Everyone's memories of the Vikes are different, but that doesn't make any one less valid. I understand a small part of what the non-MN's been through...it truly stinks to be the only one in a bar cheering for your team. Until you walk a mile in another man's shoes...

As for watching on the internet...it stinks to high heaven...especially when the radio connection dies, and you should thank your lucky stars that you've never been forced to do so.

cajunvike
06-02-2005, 12:10 AM

"southern_yankee" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

I WAS raised on the Vikings, by myself...they are the ONE and ONLY team that I have ever liked and followed...the first game that I watched was with the person who introduced me to football. I had just moved to a new neighborhood and the local tomboy was about my age. She introduced me to the Vikings and Fran Tarkenton...and I was hooked for life. I was 5 years old and never rooted for the local team, the Saints...so I would say that I am every bit as qualified as a fan as you are. That being said, I do agree with you that I would NOT root for them if they moved...the turncoat owner would not deserve my support for doing such a heinous act.

mnjamie
06-02-2005, 02:29 AM
Now this is saying something here, but and i mean a BIG BUTT ... if the vikes moved, i would have to become ... GULP a CHEESEHEAD !!! My reasoning, i live in FL but love the NFC North and Vike fan since 76'. But if this team was to poop on my loyalty and up and move, I would become a packer fan cause i would still love how competitive the North is and face it, the lions and bears are hopeless .... even with all the moves De-TOILET made this offseason, they still have Millen. .... I know, scary to say

Space Coyote
06-02-2005, 02:31 AM
I'd seriously consider becoming a bolts fan...ugh...

happy camper
06-03-2005, 04:20 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

Now this is saying something here, but and i mean a BIG BUTT ... if the vikes moved, i would have to become ... GULP a CHEESEHEAD !!! My reasoning, i live in FL but love the NFC North and Vike fan since 76'. But if this team was to poop on my loyalty and up and move, I would become a packer fan cause i would still love how competitive the North is and face it, the lions and bears are hopeless .... even with all the moves De-TOILET made this offseason, they still have Millen. .... I know, scary to say

if you're gonna become a fan of a team just based on who'd win more games, go with the bears. watch.

finnishvikingsfan
06-03-2005, 05:42 AM
I dont know if I would or not but I know I would be depressed. I think the would quit watching them or cheer for them for some time because of how bad I hate the management.

PurplePackerEater
06-05-2005, 03:17 AM
Why are all y'all avoiding my question?

"What if the Vikings moved, changed their name, changed their colors, changed their logos, and in ten years all the players are different.....Are you all still going to cheer the "Vikings"??"

Bonus question: If yes, what would you like the new name to be?

I prefer the LA Smog.

6-KINGS
06-05-2005, 03:43 AM

Why are all y'all avoiding my question?

"What if the Vikings moved, changed their name, changed their colors, changed their logos, and in ten years all the players are different.....Are you all still going to cheer the "Vikings"??"

Bonus question: If yes, what would you like the new name to be?

I prefer the LA Smog.

Why no, because under that scenario the "Vikings" would no longer exist.

6-KINGS

Mr Anderson
06-05-2005, 04:17 AM
Im not from minny, so it wouldnt make a difference to me if they moved.

it would be awesome if they moved somewhere close to me, even though I have 3 teams really close to me.

Eagles
Giants
Jets

theyre all real close already, so there is no possible way to have a team near me, unless they make like a connecticut team.

vikes09
06-05-2005, 10:38 PM
well, in 10 years, if the vikings dont move and dont change their name, and have the compeltely diffrent players, will you like them?

the answer to both those question is YES!

SamDawg84
06-05-2005, 10:40 PM
i would still be a fan.

gpless05
06-05-2005, 10:44 PM
well i still will because, people do move on to different teams, and retire, so you still like the team because who they have. Fran isnt on our team anymore because he is old but we dont complain about that. So you would still like the team no matter what.

eastcoastvikes
06-06-2005, 12:28 AM
I would be a fan at least until the current players left and would probably continue to be a fan of the vikings wherever they moved regardless of their name. Speaking only for myself, as an outsider from the east coast.. to say that those of us who aren't from Minnesota don't have the same attachment to the Vikings as all of the native Minnesotans is crazy. I'm sitting there every sunday in my Purple, shelling out the money to listen to the Vikes radio announcers call the game since I am in college and cannot get Sunday Ticket in my dorm room. It is a loyalty to the team.. which I consider to be the players and coaches, not the owners. I never cheered for Red McCombs when he made a dollar and I never shed a tear when he lost a nickel. It is those players and coaches who have no control over whether or not they move that I would continue to root for!

damviking
06-06-2005, 01:37 AM
i agree, its not the players fault. Now i would hate the cowboys even if they moved to minn. because of jones.

Anayalater
06-06-2005, 01:54 AM
If the Vikes moved, i would seriously consider moving with them. I BLEED PURPLE. I will always be a Vikes Fan

PurplePackerEater
06-06-2005, 02:45 AM
"vikes09" wrote:

well, in 10 years, if the vikings dont move and dont change their name, and have the compeltely diffrent players, will you like them?

the answer to both those question is YES!

That's the only scenerio I agree with. :wink:

ultravikingfan
06-06-2005, 04:09 AM
"Anayalater" wrote:

If the Vikes moved, i would seriously consider moving with them. I BLEED PURPLE. I will always be a Vikes Fan

You would have to bleed another color; they would not remain the Vikes.

TMAC604
06-06-2005, 04:13 AM
Not sure. I would still support the players but the name "Vikings" wouldn't go with the team. Just like the Browns