PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com rumor mill

Muggsy
05-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Just saw this posted. Sorry if it's a repeat:
==============================================
The St. Paul Pioneer Press believes it'll be interesting to see if the Vikings trade Michael Bennett and/or Brian Williams for Travis Henry or Edgerrin James. ... Safety Corey Chavous and cornerback Brian Williams continue to be no-shows during a four-day developmental camp. The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Mike Tice isn't sure whether the two, who are unhappy with their contracts, will show up to similar camps next month.
===================================================

Trading for Travis Henry? What do you guys think? I don't know much about Travis Henry.

Bubba Jed
05-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Travis Henry I don't know, but Edgerrin James I would agree with.

ultravikingfan
05-23-2005, 10:24 PM
I am not sold on Henry.

James I could live with.

But, I do not even think we have to go this route with the guys we already have.

ryanmurphy
05-23-2005, 10:39 PM
I would like to have James... Then again, I would like to see any of the guys we have take on the role of feature back. I am not a big fan of "running back by committee". Plus one of my buddies is a die hard Colts fan, and I could rub his nose in it.

Euphman06
05-23-2005, 10:55 PM
I think that would cuz problems with memo and ciatrick.. I want to see what they can do. I don't like this trade at all

Bubba Jed
05-24-2005, 12:02 AM
I wasn't saying that we would take him, but out of those running backs I would take James.

V4L
05-24-2005, 12:08 AM
James would be amazing if we could land him.. Pep, James, Burly, Williamson.. that would be studly..but you could come up with a trade for almost any team really.. so im not gonna think anything of this.. there is like a 2 percent chance of this happening

cajunvike
05-24-2005, 12:09 AM
James would be the ideal feature back...but I think that Bennett will have a stellar year (it is a contract year for him, after all).

vikes09
05-24-2005, 12:10 AM
2%??? whered you get this from? if its in rumor mill i think it has alittle bit better of a chance of happening than 2%.

V4L
05-24-2005, 12:17 AM
i dont mean exactly 2 percent... i mean very very very slim chance.. they could make a case for any team.. i just know this wont happen

cajunvike
05-24-2005, 01:54 AM
You mean like 2% Whole Milk??? LOL

DarrinNelsonguy
05-24-2005, 01:57 AM
James would be good but would it only be a one year rental because he is a FA at the end of the year and he wants big money and a long term deal, which we may not pay. If we have to give up Bennett and/or BWill for Henry that is too much and we should just roll with who we already have.

cajunvike
05-24-2005, 01:59 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

James would be good but would it only be a one year rental because he is a FA at the end of the year and he wants big money and a long term deal, which we may not pay. If we have to give up Bennett and/or BWill for Henry that is too much and we should just roll with who we already have.

Isn't Henry a one-year rental as well? Bennett is also in a contract year and he will be pushing it hard so that he can be attractive to us or other teams next spring...the others will also be chomping at the bit to show what they can do.