PDA

View Full Version : Depressing video



VIKE$4LIFE
05-19-2005, 04:56 AM
I know this topic is discussed over and over again but please indulge me. And Please persuade me that the moss trade was good for the vikings, I just don't understand how we gave withought question at least one of the top three recievers of all time for a solid linebacker, and two draft picks. With the recent rumors of the moss trade happening because of a disagreement moss had with our F#$%*#g stupid owner red MCcombs about being a cheap ass, (which I totally agree with) it is obvious moss wasn't a bad teamate and if you look at his off-field annoyances they really aren't that bad,during his nfl carreer he "nudged a female trafftic cop in Minneapolis, sqirted water at a field judge, leaving the washington game two seconds before it ended and mooning the green bay crowd. I think we could have kept moss and still made those great additons to our defense. By the way I know someone already posted this video but its what got me so depressed about Randy leaving;
http://www.purpledawgs.com/video_clips.htm

ChiTownVike
05-19-2005, 05:33 AM
Im with you bro, that really made mad look back at all he has given us. Wow I am going to miss him :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

TheFloridianVikingFan
05-19-2005, 06:33 AM
yep.. im gonna miss him as well...

NeoVikesTX
05-19-2005, 06:38 AM
I'm going to miss him too, as well as most Vikings fans. But the point is we have to move on and make the best of the decisions that have already been made for our organization.

thetrenches68OL
05-19-2005, 06:41 AM
its gonna suck but tere s hope we can still put up the numbersmaybe not the same type of nubers but it can and will be done

damviking
05-19-2005, 06:54 AM
it hurts bad not to have the best wr in the game, but I love the way tice is taking the team. he is putting together a championship team. Not just one that will score points. Moss was a cancer to the team attitude!

PurplePackerEater
05-19-2005, 07:08 AM
I don't understand the trade either. I wish Red was gone two years ago so that a new owner could have set this new chain of events into place sooner.

After last year was said and done we paid our team UNDER(yes, under) the league minimum. F*ck McCombs! The Randy trade aside, he screwed the fans (us). We didn't stand a chance in the playoffs last year. Our defense was inadaquate to say the least.

At least he tried screwing Fowler to give us something in return, I'll give him that.

Guruzen
05-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Here's my take on the Randy trade...

Randy was the heart and soul of the Vikings, not Daunte. Fans came to see Randy and his skills. The Vikings get national attention because everyone wants to see Randy play. He's the best player in the most exciting position in the game.

Most of the negative publicity about Randy is media hype, and I disagree he's a cancer to the team. He's a fierce competitor who wants to win, and when he is surrounded by a stupid cheapskate owner and a defense can't walk and chew gum at the same time, you can't blame him for being disillusioned.

Cancer to the team? No way. Randy's always cheering on his team and it's only when his team mates let him down that he loses confidence in them. Walking off the field in that Redskins game is the sign of a player frustrated at the mediocrity that surrounded him. I'd be pi$$ed too if my team mates continually rely on me to win games, rather than stepping it up themselves.

Randy was NOT a leader, nor did he try to be one. He was a sh!t hot player who got let his skills do the talking. All this talk about letting go of Randy to let Daunte take over the team is bullsh!t. Daunte had always been the team leader, and even Randy acknowledged that. Daunte never really took charge of the team, and everybody blamed Randy for being a distraction.

With all the rumors and all the bullsh!t put forward on why Randy was traded, I still haven't heard anything that would justify trading the heart and soul of the Vikings. He's not a model citizen, but he certainly wasn't hurting the team either.

Even if we win the superbowl it would be bittersweet because we would have done it without Randy...

VIKE$4LIFE
05-19-2005, 02:50 PM
i agree completley

Prophet
05-19-2005, 03:11 PM
I didn't find that video depressing at all. It was fun to watch Moss tear up the field. It will still be fun to watch Moss tear up the field with the Raiders.

The Vikes will be fine. They are one of the winningest franchises in the NFL since their inception and most of those years were Mossless.

Our biggest concern right now is getting a new owner and getting a real coach. Tice should not be at the helm of this organization, we need a coach!

Del Rio
05-19-2005, 03:17 PM
"Randy was the heart and soul of the Vikings"

So that is why we have been under achieving the last few years. Honestly if his heart was the one pumping blood through this team, that explains a lot.

I never really cared when he walked off the field early because I know he has always been about himself, he could give a shit about the team. What has to piss you off is his jogging routes, taking plays off, and his pinkston disease.

His comments about playing for the Vikings and him never winning a superbowl. It's a damn good thing he is gone if he was the heart and sould of this team.

shockzilla
05-19-2005, 04:02 PM
He's gone - enough is enough, get over it!

whackthepack
05-19-2005, 04:14 PM
He was a cancer on the team, he had split the locker room! Some of you people are looking at the past with rose colored glasses!

He will be good in Oakland this year, and then he will start doing the same old things next year. Look at TO, 1 year and now he is up to the same sh*t that he was doing in San Fran.

It was a good move to get rid of him. The Vikes could only get a player and 2 picks for the best WR (talent wise), tells you the rest of the league has doubts about him.

ps. he is gone, get over it or become Raider fans and cheer for them!

CanadaViking
05-19-2005, 04:15 PM
As far as winning the Super Bowl without Randy being bitter sweet, if that is how you feel then you are probably a Moss fan not a Viking fan. Sorry but I could argue that I was as big a Moss fan as there is, but really sitting around talking about it for so long is getting a bit tiring! Guys, he is gone and I bet we will have a team next year that will make everyones pain lessen! Lets move on to the next era of Vikings ball, we are probably sitting on young star right now i.e. Burleson, Smoot, E. James, Williamson, C4, and MM etc. And do not forget that yes Daunte is the leader of this team. 2005 Vikes, lets go, 2004 Vikes = season over with/ era over with.

Caine
05-19-2005, 05:17 PM
In my opinion, the reason this topic keeps popping up is that many people feel there was absolutely NO REASON for the trade to occur. I happen to be one of them.

I agree with those who say that the Vikes could have added the Defensive firepower without the trade. I agree that the Media made a mountain out of a molehill on virtually EVERYTHING with Moss associated with it. I agree that Daunte was/is the team leader but failed to step up and LEAD. And, I agree that Red *I stroke sheep wangs* McCombs is the one to blame for the entire thing.

I disagree that Moss was a cancer, or even remotely acts like Terrible Owens. I disagree that Moss "split the locker room". I disagree that we're better off without him. And, most importantly, I disagree that feeling that way - and saying so - makes any of us less of a Vikings fan.

For those saying we - those against the Moss trade - need to "get over it" or "Cheer for the Raiders", I respond with the time honored, "Bite me". After 39 years of being a Viking fan - exclusively - I think I'm allowed to disagree with moves they make...much like many of those telling the pro-Moss faction to "move on" are allowed to bash Tice.

It strikes me as a bit hypocritical when people allow dissention...but only on THEIR terms.

The Moss trade was a bad one...period. The addition of the FA firepower will offset the effects - maybe even win us a Superbowl - but there was no REASON for the trade. The fact is, that if the trade were to stand ON IT'S OWN, it wouldn't be viewed in a positive light.

Need proof?

Williamson...how many TD's will HE have this year? Randy scored 17 his rookie year...with CC in the lineup. Williamson won't have a proven All-Pro to draw coverage. Randy caught 69 passes for 1313 yds...will Williamson?

Harris. By himself, would HE have revitalized the "D"? No. It is the addition of Williams, Cowart, Smoot, and Sharper - and the drafting of Erasmus james - that will make the biggest impact. An impact that might have been the same with Moss still in purple. In short, the greedy goat-screwer finally forked out some cash...to cover the 2nd crappiest trade in Viking history.

But, we could have had all of that, PLUS RANDY. We could have had a Defense, plus the most dynamic Offense in the NFL. Can we DO anything about that now? Nope. Doesn't mean we have to like it.

Maybe Travis Taylor will be huge. maybe Williamson won't need 1-2 years to get into the flow of the NFL (Owens needed 2, Walker needed 2, even Rice needed 1). fact is, we could've had Taylor without trading Moss.

Maybe the Defense will be in the top 5-10 this season, allowing us to win with less than 40 points on the board. fact is, with what we added we could possible get there without Harris.

So, was the trade - on its OWN merits - a good one? Nope. Sure wasn't. Am I not a Vikings fan for saying so? Nope. Still dedicated. Will I miss Randy? Yep. Sure will.

Caine

Del Rio
05-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Fast to judge the Moss trade as bad when you haven't seen the result yet. In fact it is quite premature. And your love for the fro has somewhat blinded your ability to be reasonable.

Frankly you have no idea how Williamson will play you have no idea how Napoleon will play, what impact he has on this team. And you have no idea exactly what life without Moss will do to our offense. And I have no idea either.

But what I do have an idea on is that every 2 posts on here are about the Moss trade. And are about how GREAT he was and how he saved kittens from burning buildings, and how he freed slaves and ran them through tunnels under ground.

And it is damn old. SO if people who love the guy, and simply can not get past reality that he is gone and want to reminise I suggest a special thread or maybe even a forum for thinking about the past and bitching about things that we really have no idea the outcome, related to Moss.

Then everyone that has a levi woody over the guy can go in there tickle each other and pass the tissues and everyone who see's this as a good move, like I do will stop invading these threads. Especially when there are some serious off the wall comments that go way beyond being a mere fan and flirt with the realm of obsessed.

Moss is gone I respect the opinons of others that

A)He was not a menace - I read your post about this along time ago Caine, I thought it was convincing. I didn't subscribe to it, but it was not out of the question.

B)It was a bad trade- Although you have no idea, but it is ok because I have no idea it is a good trade so we are in the same boat respectively.


But what I personally can't stand are the few that feel the need to bring it up every 2 seconds.

Hell Caine I love pork rinds. Do I post about it every second? If I did would it get old?

Also those that try in some way to discredit Williamson. It is extreemly ignorant. So they are burnt because their lover is gone. The next guy in line had nothing to do with that. Williamson has been over analyzed and it is unfair.

Really I could care less if you like moss or not, and in saying you I mean all of the Moss fans. I could care less if you think the trade was bad, if you think Williamson is a joke, or if you try to squeeze in a Moss reference every post. It is your opinion, there is no right or wrong. But it's not new, it's not refreshing, and if you feel the need to express your sorrow ask for a sticky thread in honor of Moss. Stop watering down all the good talk like who would win in a fight between John Wayne and Eastwood, with this boo hoo sob story over a guy who no longer plays for our team.

adam31
05-19-2005, 07:39 PM
First of all, I have moved on & I am still a Vikings fan.
BUT: IMO, I wish & wonder why didn't Red give it a shot with Randy here with a decent defense around him.
That's what makes me wonder, it would of been nice to see how the Vikings would of performed with a top 15 defense for 2 years with Randy here.

That might be the frustration with Vikings fans about the trade...

JUST MY OPINION.

Del Rio
05-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Your a vikings fan with a Patriots emblem? jk


Anyway, for the record I have never questioned anyones motives or who they root for. I have suggested however if you support a player more then a team (I know people who do) you should follow your boy.

In fact come to think of it I do not recall anyone saying any Moss fan is not a Viking fan.

Ltrey33
05-19-2005, 08:37 PM
I don't understand the point of talking about it every two seconds. We should be grateful for the things he did, but he's no longer a Vike. If someday he returns to the Vikings, then he'll be met with open arms. But for now, give it up.

itzdoja
05-19-2005, 08:40 PM
am i the only one who hopes he comes back and scores 4 touchdowns on us. think we'll be his new dallas cowboys

Del Rio
05-19-2005, 08:47 PM
I hope he doesn't score 4 TD's on us :grin:
But we all know he could if he wanted/had the chance. :grin:

cajunvike
05-19-2005, 09:02 PM
I hope that Al Bundy doesn't come out of retirement and score 4 touchdowns on us, either!!!

ejmat
05-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Hey all, I just watched that video for the first time and I have to admit it sure does make you see what we are going to miss. randy is and will always be awesome. Hopefully with the additions we made it will make it hurt less. The one good thing to remember is Pep seemed more comfortable in those games once he realized he had other receivers to catch the ball. We averaged almost 30 ppg during those games. Think about this, we may not need as many points to win games. If we can become at least a top 15 defense that means the average will be about 17-19 ppg, all we have to do is score 20 to win. I think even without Moss we can do that. That's the only way I can make this seem positive. I will miss watching him every week. I wish nothing but the best for Moss I just hope he doesn't burn us too bad when we play him.

briboy75
05-19-2005, 10:02 PM
"Caine" wrote:

In my opinion, the reason this topic keeps popping up is that many people feel there was absolutely NO REASON for the trade to occur. I happen to be one of them.

I agree with those who say that the Vikes could have added the Defensive firepower without the trade. I agree that the Media made a mountain out of a molehill on virtually EVERYTHING with Moss associated with it. I agree that Daunte was/is the team leader but failed to step up and LEAD. And, I agree that Red *I stroke sheep wangs* McCombs is the one to blame for the entire thing.

I disagree that Moss was a cancer, or even remotely acts like Terrible Owens. I disagree that Moss "split the locker room". I disagree that we're better off without him. And, most importantly, I disagree that feeling that way - and saying so - makes any of us less of a Vikings fan.

For those saying we - those against the Moss trade - need to "get over it" or "Cheer for the Raiders", I respond with the time honored, "Bite me". After 39 years of being a Viking fan - exclusively - I think I'm allowed to disagree with moves they make...much like many of those telling the pro-Moss faction to "move on" are allowed to bash Tice.

It strikes me as a bit hypocritical when people allow dissention...but only on THEIR terms.

The Moss trade was a bad one...period. The addition of the FA firepower will offset the effects - maybe even win us a Superbowl - but there was no REASON for the trade. The fact is, that if the trade were to stand ON IT'S OWN, it wouldn't be viewed in a positive light.

Need proof?

Williamson...how many TD's will HE have this year? Randy scored 17 his rookie year...with CC in the lineup. Williamson won't have a proven All-Pro to draw coverage. Randy caught 69 passes for 1313 yds...will Williamson?

Harris. By himself, would HE have revitalized the "D"? No. It is the addition of Williams, Cowart, Smoot, and Sharper - and the drafting of Erasmus james - that will make the biggest impact. An impact that might have been the same with Moss still in purple. In short, the greedy goat-screwer finally forked out some cash...to cover the 2nd crappiest trade in Viking history.

But, we could have had all of that, PLUS RANDY. We could have had a Defense, plus the most dynamic Offense in the NFL. Can we DO anything about that now? Nope. Doesn't mean we have to like it.

Maybe Travis Taylor will be huge. maybe Williamson won't need 1-2 years to get into the flow of the NFL (Owens needed 2, Walker needed 2, even Rice needed 1). fact is, we could've had Taylor without trading Moss.

Maybe the Defense will be in the top 5-10 this season, allowing us to win with less than 40 points on the board. fact is, with what we added we could possible get there without Harris.

So, was the trade - on its OWN merits - a good one? Nope. Sure wasn't. Am I not a Vikings fan for saying so? Nope. Still dedicated. Will I miss Randy? Yep. Sure will.

Caine

That is offically my favorite post on here in a long time. Right on, Caine!

Caine
05-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Del, I wasn't going after you specifically in my post...although I knew I'd get your response :wink:

My primary target was/is all of those who either;

1: Tell anyone who writes anything positive about Moss that they should be the fan of another team.

2: Bash Moss without any factual basis (per my previous post you referenced).

As for being sick of hearing about it...pre-season hasn't even gotten rolling yet. What else should we yap about? This may be "Old News", but there really isn't a whole lot of "New News" to write about so...

I'd like to think I'm a realist. Once training camp begins in earnest I will be focused exclusively on what we have (with an eye on the Packers so I can gloat), not on Moss or Oakland.

But, like the Walker trade, this one will lurk in the shadows. Don't be suprised to see it pop up again if Williamson or Harris struggles...that's the nature of the beast. Of course, I hope they DON'T struggle. I hope they both tear it up all year long. I WANT to be proven wrong.

But, until I am...

Caine

Del Rio
05-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Well that wasn't as painful as I expected. After I re-read my post I expected a Precision style ass whooping coming my way.

I had my headgear all strapped on and rolled myself up in bubble wrap in preperation for battle.

Your right there is nothing at this time that is better to talk about really.

ultravikingfan
05-19-2005, 10:39 PM
"adam31" wrote:

First of all, I have moved on & I am still a Vikings fan.
BUT: IMO, I wish & wonder why didn't Red give it a shot with Randy here with a decent defense around him.
That's what makes me wonder, it would of been nice to see how the Vikings would of performed with a top 15 defense for 2 years with Randy here.

That might be the frustration with Vikings fans about the trade...

JUST MY OPINION.

Yeah, what's up with this: http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/images/logos/ne.gif

mark
05-19-2005, 11:08 PM
That made every hair on my body stand up. How could I email that to someone?

Lotza
05-19-2005, 11:14 PM
GOOD RIDDANCE!

HAVE FUN SUCKING IN OAKLAND!


WE'LL DO JUST FINE WITHOUT YOU!

Pbvikingsfan
05-19-2005, 11:59 PM
god, im sooo sad....im gonna miss him!!

cc21
05-20-2005, 12:09 AM
"Guruzen" wrote:

Here's my take on the Randy trade...

Randy was the heart and soul of the Vikings, not Daunte. Fans came to see Randy and his skills. The Vikings get national attention because everyone wants to see Randy play. He's the best player in the most exciting position in the game.

Most of the negative publicity about Randy is media hype, and I disagree he's a cancer to the team. He's a fierce competitor who wants to win, and when he is surrounded by a stupid cheapskate owner and a defense can't walk and chew gum at the same time, you can't blame him for being disillusioned.
i agree with you

Cancer to the team? No way. Randy's always cheering on his team and it's only when his team mates let him down that he loses confidence in them. Walking off the field in that Redskins game is the sign of a player frustrated at the mediocrity that surrounded him. I'd be pi$$ed too if my team mates continually rely on me to win games, rather than stepping it up themselves.

Randy was NOT a leader, nor did he try to be one. He was a sh!t hot player who got let his skills do the talking. All this talk about letting go of Randy to let Daunte take over the team is bullsh!t. Daunte had always been the team leader, and even Randy acknowledged that. Daunte never really took charge of the team, and everybody blamed Randy for being a distraction.

With all the rumors and all the bullsh!t put forward on why Randy was traded, I still haven't heard anything that would justify trading the heart and soul of the Vikings. He's not a model citizen, but he certainly wasn't hurting the team either.

Even if we win the superbowl it would be bittersweet because we would have done it without Randy...

mark
05-20-2005, 12:22 AM
Can I email that video to someone?

Caine
05-20-2005, 12:31 AM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

GOOD RIDDANCE!

HAVE FUN SUCKING IN OAKLAND!


WE'LL DO JUST FINE WITHOUT YOU!

Del Rio,

THIS is the type of post I was targeting.

Caine

ultravikingfan
05-20-2005, 12:37 AM
"Caine" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

GOOD RIDDANCE!

HAVE FUN SUCKING IN OAKLAND!


WE'LL DO JUST FINE WITHOUT YOU!

Del Rio,

THIS is the type of post I was targeting.

Caine

Uh oh, you've been targeted by Caine!

(I am glad it is not my ass) :lol:

Lotza
05-20-2005, 12:47 AM
ha ha :lol:

sorry caine just stating my opinion and my opinion happens to be one that agrees with the trade. I agreed with it since the news got out.

PurplePeopleEaters
05-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Damn. that video sent chills up my spine... I will miss him but it is time to move on

(hence the sig)

bring on Troy!

ejmat
05-20-2005, 12:57 AM
No doubt I will miss watching him but we do have to move on. I honestly think Daunte will be a better QB without him b/c he can lead the team without distraction. He did just fine without him last year and now we have a better D. What the Vikings need to learn is time management. Now that Moss is gone we can learn to slow down and move the ball down the field.

We lost too many games last year b/c we had to strike fast and gave the other team a chance to go down the field. Case and point, GB twice, Indianapolis, and Seattle (although we didn't take the lead but the concept was still there). If we had time management last year that may well be 12-4 instead of 8-8. Think about it.

dr feelgood
05-20-2005, 02:18 AM
How many chances we're we soppose to give this idiot and not win it all?

ejmat
05-20-2005, 02:29 AM
We can't blame not winning it all on Randy Moss. The guy played hard and well. If our D had been worht anything we may have done something. Our best chance was in 1998. Was it his fault Anderson missed the FG? was it his fault the D let up the tying TD and was it his fault the coaching staff started calling plays conservatively? I don't think so. He was the main reason we were 15-1 and in the NFL championship. Before him we couldn't get past the 1st round.

He will be missed but we can move on and do very well

Guruzen
05-20-2005, 05:41 AM
"Caine" wrote:

In my opinion, the reason this topic keeps popping up is that many people feel there was absolutely NO REASON for the trade to occur. I happen to be one of them.

I agree with those who say that the Vikes could have added the Defensive firepower without the trade. I agree that the Media made a mountain out of a molehill on virtually EVERYTHING with Moss associated with it. I agree that Daunte was/is the team leader but failed to step up and LEAD. And, I agree that Red *I stroke sheep wangs* McCombs is the one to blame for the entire thing.

I disagree that Moss was a cancer, or even remotely acts like Terrible Owens. I disagree that Moss "split the locker room". I disagree that we're better off without him. And, most importantly, I disagree that feeling that way - and saying so - makes any of us less of a Vikings fan.

For those saying we - those against the Moss trade - need to "get over it" or "Cheer for the Raiders", I respond with the time honored, "Bite me". After 39 years of being a Viking fan - exclusively - I think I'm allowed to disagree with moves they make...much like many of those telling the pro-Moss faction to "move on" are allowed to bash Tice.

It strikes me as a bit hypocritical when people allow dissention...but only on THEIR terms.

The Moss trade was a bad one...period. The addition of the FA firepower will offset the effects - maybe even win us a Superbowl - but there was no REASON for the trade. The fact is, that if the trade were to stand ON IT'S OWN, it wouldn't be viewed in a positive light.

Need proof?

Williamson...how many TD's will HE have this year? Randy scored 17 his rookie year...with CC in the lineup. Williamson won't have a proven All-Pro to draw coverage. Randy caught 69 passes for 1313 yds...will Williamson?

Harris. By himself, would HE have revitalized the "D"? No. It is the addition of Williams, Cowart, Smoot, and Sharper - and the drafting of Erasmus james - that will make the biggest impact. An impact that might have been the same with Moss still in purple. In short, the greedy goat-screwer finally forked out some cash...to cover the 2nd crappiest trade in Viking history.

But, we could have had all of that, PLUS RANDY. We could have had a Defense, plus the most dynamic Offense in the NFL. Can we DO anything about that now? Nope. Doesn't mean we have to like it.

Maybe Travis Taylor will be huge. maybe Williamson won't need 1-2 years to get into the flow of the NFL (Owens needed 2, Walker needed 2, even Rice needed 1). fact is, we could've had Taylor without trading Moss.

Maybe the Defense will be in the top 5-10 this season, allowing us to win with less than 40 points on the board. fact is, with what we added we could possible get there without Harris.

So, was the trade - on its OWN merits - a good one? Nope. Sure wasn't. Am I not a Vikings fan for saying so? Nope. Still dedicated. Will I miss Randy? Yep. Sure will.

Caine

Caine, you read my thoughts exactly. There was no justification for the trade, and one would have to be pretty stupid to believe the bullsh!t Red has fed us.

I could understand the decision to trade Randy if his performance had dropped, or if he had punched a team mate or a coach. But he is a future hall of famer in the prime of his career with a strong desire to WIN.

This much we know as FACT:

1. He does NOT take plays off - it was something the media took out of context, and have done so for so many years!
2. He has always supported Daunte as the team leader.
3. He cheered on his team mates. The media never talks about this because Randy is supposed to be the "bad boy".
4. He got frustrated when his team mates let him down - who wouldn't???
5. He is NOT a ME-first player, he is a WIN-first player. He was happy to draw the double team as long as other players step up. You can't blame him for being upset when they let him down.
6. We did not need to get rid of him to improve our defense.
7. We got screwed on the trade because it was a buyers market, not because Randy's stock was dropping. There were only a couple of teams that could pull the trade off and none of them would have given us much.

Yes, we will eventually get over the loss of Randy, but we have the right to question the rationale behind this bonehead move. No, we will not become Raiders fans, nor will we abandon the Vikes. I just wish Red would come clean on the real reason for the trade, because they're hiding something from us.

I agree it is wrong to criticise Troy and Napoleon until we have seen them on the field. Heck, you could argue it's wrong to criticise the trade until the season starts because Randy might be a bust in Oakland and Troy/Nap might be probowlers. But you can't argue that the trade didn't make sense at the time, and the reasons we've been given are absolute bullsh!t.

Del Rio
05-20-2005, 05:56 AM
I think the trade did make sense.

I have film of Randy taking plays off. Maybe he was hurt....it is actually a dvd i got from a friend there is nothing explaining the plays.

But even this season you could see he was half assing it.

Doesn't really matter now since he plays for another team

Del Rio
05-20-2005, 05:59 AM
Whats wrong with his post Caine??LOL :grin: :grin:

I equate it to half the posts I see on the other end of the spectrum.

Williamson can't catch
We will suck without moss
MOSS WAS THE GREATEST EVAR!!!!!!!!
He made the vikings who they are!
He never did evil, he was a cherub with a fro.

But yeah I had a feeling that was what you were going for. And probably rightfully so.

vikeU2
05-20-2005, 06:50 AM
The best part about the video was the music! Vikes will be fine without Moss, might even win a game or two! Ha!

PurplePackerEater
05-20-2005, 08:06 AM
Ya know what's missing from this thread?? Me.

Nice post Caine. Nailed it perfectly.

PurplePackerEater
05-20-2005, 08:16 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

He was a cancer on the team, he had split the locker room! Some of you people are looking at the past with rose colored glasses!

He will be good in Oakland this year, and then he will start doing the same old things next year. Look at TO, 1 year and now he is up to the same sh*t that he was doing in San Fran.

It was a good move to get rid of him. The Vikes could only get a player and 2 picks for the best WR (talent wise), tells you the rest of the league has doubts about him.

ps. he is gone, get over it or become Raider fans and cheer for them!

Red is responsible for the split in the LOCKER ROOM! Heck, Red's lucky he wasn't in my LIVING ROOM!

It's rumored that Reds looking to buy the Saints. With an owner like him, and a name like the Saints, maybe you're the one that needs a new team to cheer for.

Caine
05-20-2005, 10:12 AM
"dr feelgood" wrote:

How many chances we're we soppose to give this idiot and not win it all?
**can you smell the set up?**

Which idiot is that? At any given point in time we've had 12 people on the field - times two because of "O" and "D", then toss in special teams and subs...and we haven't won "it all". So, I think you'd best clarify which idiot exactly you're talking about. With that many people to consider, we could be here all day argueing individual merits and foibles.

Is it Culpepper? He hasn't won a Superbowl.

Could it be Bennett? He hasn't won one.

How about Williams (Pick one, they're all interchangeable for this game)? No Superbowls there.

Maybe you mean Birk. But he's not an idiot...he went to Harvard...so scratch Birk.

Jeez, I'm at a loss. Which "idiot" are you refering to?

Caine

whackthepack
05-20-2005, 03:04 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

He was a cancer on the team, he had split the locker room! Some of you people are looking at the past with rose colored glasses!

He will be good in Oakland this year, and then he will start doing the same old things next year. Look at TO, 1 year and now he is up to the same sh*t that he was doing in San Fran.

It was a good move to get rid of him. The Vikes could only get a player and 2 picks for the best WR (talent wise), tells you the rest of the league has doubts about him.

ps. he is gone, get over it or become Raider fans and cheer for them!

Red is responsible for the split in the LOCKER ROOM! Heck, Red's lucky he wasn't in my LIVING ROOM!

It's rumored that Reds looking to buy the Saints. With an owner like him, and a name like the Saints, maybe you're the one that needs a new team to cheer for.


I hate Red, wish he had never bought the team.

At least I am not some whinny little school girl that can't get out of bed because I am depressed that the Vikes traded Randy! Oh, poor is me purple puke eater!

And he did split the locker room you pinhead, Daunte wanted him gone, Birk wanted him gone! The players like Kelly Campbell were his bobo's. So maybe you should pay more attention to what goes on!

ejmat
05-20-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm not going to say it was good to get rid of him or not. I'm torn about it. On one hand he was an awesome WR and I think he did want to win and did take double teams well without complaining about not getting the ball IF THEY WERE WINNING BALL GAMES. He had said that over and over again.

On the other hand he did distract the team at times whether or not it was blown out of proportion. Personally I didn't blame him for getting frustrated during the Skins game or shooting a fake moon at those jacka$$ fans that do it to him all the time. It did become controversy and distracted the team. Also, we wouldn't have been able to pick up all of the players we did and be able to sign all the rookies if we didn't trade him.

I'm not a Red McCombs fan b/c I don't like him going in the locker room and yelling at everyone after the Giants game in 2003 when they were 6-1. As well as his other greedy traits. But one thing I will say, his greedy traits did put us in a good position with the salary cap for years to come. We may or may not score as many points as we did when Moss was here but with the new D we shouldn't have to.

Caine
05-20-2005, 04:57 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

He was a cancer on the team, he had split the locker room! Some of you people are looking at the past with rose colored glasses!

He will be good in Oakland this year, and then he will start doing the same old things next year. Look at TO, 1 year and now he is up to the same sh*t that he was doing in San Fran.

It was a good move to get rid of him. The Vikes could only get a player and 2 picks for the best WR (talent wise), tells you the rest of the league has doubts about him.

ps. he is gone, get over it or become Raider fans and cheer for them!

Red is responsible for the split in the LOCKER ROOM! Heck, Red's lucky he wasn't in my LIVING ROOM!

It's rumored that Reds looking to buy the Saints. With an owner like him, and a name like the Saints, maybe you're the one that needs a new team to cheer for.


I hate Red, wish he had never bought the team.

At least I am not some whinny little school girl that can't get out of bed because I am depressed that the Vikes traded Randy! Oh, poor is me purple puke eater!

And he did split the locker room you pinhead, Daunte wanted him gone, Birk wanted him gone! The players like Kelly Campbell were his bobo's. So maybe you should pay more attention to what goes on!

**another fine example. See, Del Rio, I can't throw a rock without hitting one.**

I pay pretty close attention to what goes on, and I never heard Daunte or Matt say that they wanted Randy gone. If you have a quote link or video link, post 'em up. Of course, I'm willing to bet that you don't. In fact, I'm willing to bet that all you have is media drivel that you've associated a name with so you can sell it as fact.

Randy and Daunte were the ones hanging out. They were the ones working out together in the off-season. They were pretty tight until the trade. Birk only involved himself after the 2-second walk-out. He said what he felt he had to, and moved on.

I think Kelly Campbell WISHES he was hanging out with Randy...but I've seen nothing that says they were.

So, based upon media drivel and your own speculation, you feel licensed to start slinging insults because someone disagrees with you? Well, I disagree with you. What does that make me?

The TRUTH is that after the trade, Viking players - when asked about Randy - responded with, "Which Randy? The team mate or the one you guys write about?" Doesn't sound like a distraction to me. Sounds like most of them knew what had really happened - and why - but weren't going to bash Red in public (Something I'll NEVER shy away from). The media didn't cover this angle because it didn't fit with the crappy bill of goods they had been trying to sell...and you bought.

So, if you want to post up a nice counter-point, supported by more than name calling and insults, feel free. If not, at least have some substance to your posts.

Caine

vikingdude82
05-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Randy Moss- best receiver ever...

ejmat
05-20-2005, 06:27 PM
awesome receiver but best ever????????? That remanis to be seen but for now there are others I would pick over him as the best.

purplehorn
05-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Randy is a Raider whoopty dam doo. I enjoyed him
but we are better off without him. Get youselfs
some Prozac and get on with life.

Caine
05-20-2005, 08:55 PM
"purplehorn" wrote:

Randy is a Raider whoopty dam doo. I enjoyed him
but we are better off without him. Get youselfs
some Prozac and get on with life.

Care to elaborate on how we're "better off without him"? Can you back it up with (theoretical) statistical proof? Is there some factual element that you're holding back that supports your claim?

Or are you simply blowing your opinion around and insulting people who don't support it? :roll:

Caine

VKG4LFE
05-20-2005, 08:57 PM
It's a great video that will remind us of the great times, but as hard as it is for me to say it, it is time to move on!

cajunvike
05-20-2005, 09:10 PM
"purplehorn" wrote:

Randy is a Raider...get on with life.

The first part is FACT...the rest is OPINION...but OPINION that will allow us to look forward to next season with the NEW Vikings...the ones that will win the Super Bowl, Randy or not!

Personally, I will miss rooting for Randy as a Viking, but I feel pretty sure that we will be just fine as an offense (not #1, but still Top 10) and that we will be much improved as a defense (Top 10 or Top 15)...the Pats have proven that all you need is a decent offense that feeds off of a very good defense to win multiple Super Bowls. Give me some of what they are having...I will make do without Moss if the end result is a championship or two.

DemonicViking
05-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Yep, it's too bad it couldn't last, but Moss is still 'da man, man.

Del Rio
05-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Caine

It goes both ways brotha :grin:

There are just as many over exagerated obsessed fanbois as there are haters.

No one should worry too much evolution will weed out the ones that can't get over it lol.

Caine you have to give some merit for humor.And you shouldn't be throwing rocks.....remember the last time.....

V-Unit
05-20-2005, 10:01 PM
I think I have said thie before but the reasons Vikes fans are so angry about Moss leaving is because a lot of us feel that he was not the main problem with the team underacheivement. I could name five other things we needed to change or players who needed to go before Randy. His distractions and off-the-problems don't even compare to TO, Kelly Campbell, or Onterrio Smith. His problems were simply blown out-of-proportion because he was so good. Randy was labeled as a bad boy the second he entered the league and the media never gave him a fair chance to prove his on-field play was worth his off-field antics.

Caine
05-20-2005, 10:11 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Caine

It goes both ways brotha :grin:

There are just as many over exagerated obsessed fanbois as there are haters.

No one should worry too much evolution will weed out the ones that can't get over it lol.

Caine you have to give some merit for humor.And you shouldn't be throwing rocks.....remember the last time.....

Last time?!?!? What "last time"?

I give merit for humor. Tongue in cheeck is always allowed. But the two I've specifically called out aren't using humor, they're using derision and insults to carry their comments. Something I've always considered to be the fall back position of those who have no substance in their comments.

I've been polite. Most in this thread against the trade have been polite. It's the handful of "Haters" that have been crass. Contrary opinions I can live with...jackasses I can't.

Of course, I agree with statement that there are some who carry the Moss torch a little too .... ummm .... seriously. I haven't really seen that here. We're simply saying we don't like the trade. None of us are saying, "Ohh, woe is us. We lost Lord Randy. The world will come to a screeching halt without his Freakiness here to carry us through"...even I can't stand THOSE people.

Caine

purplehorn
05-20-2005, 10:12 PM
"Caine" wrote:

"purplehorn" wrote:

Randy is a Raider whoopty dam doo. I enjoyed him
but we are better off without him. Get youselfs
some Prozac and get on with life.

Care to elaborate on how we're "better off without him"? Can you back it up with (theoretical) statistical proof? Is there some factual element that you're holding back that supports your claim?

Or are you simply blowing your opinion around and insulting people who don't support it? :roll:

Caine


We are gonna suck cause we don't have a guy who
takes off plays, and even if we've improved on D
and have some great veteran leadership on the O side
without Randy we suck boo hoo boo hoo pass the oldmilwakee boo hoo boo hoo.
Is that better :roll:

ejmat
05-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Let's all face it here. Randy didn't do too much to deter those bad guy labellings. I think you are right in that saying media often blew things out of proportion but there are things he did to piss people off. Some of the things I thought were funny (mooning GB fans), squirting a ref with water, and stuff like that. I think his on-the-field achievements outway them but not being in the locker room, I don't know how it effecive the other players. I would venture to believe teammates tried to be political about it as much as possible and not say too much but evidently judging by his being traded they weren't. There are things none of us on PP.O know and we will probably never know the real reason.

My thing is we now have a solid D on paper and we shouldn't have to score as many points to win a game. Was it the right thing to do? I guess we will have to see.

ultravikingfan
05-20-2005, 10:20 PM
"vikingdude82" wrote:

Randy Moss- best receiver ever...

One of them, but not the best (yet)

ryanmurphy
05-20-2005, 10:48 PM
I think the mooning in Green Bay was deserved, the "wated bottle" incident was funny, and the whole car/cop thing is irrevelant as it has nothing to do with football. But, as a Moss fan, walking off the field in protest is a hard thing to defend. Although I would still like to have him as a Vike, I can deal with the fact that he is not. This year in Oakland will probably be one of his best ever because he has the motivation of thinking that he is no longer wanted. The same motivation that being drafted lower then he thought he should have been gave him. At the end of the day, I think the Vikes will be a better team for a lot longer then the Raiders will be. I at least look forward to the Moss/Bailey matchup twice a year...

cajunvike
05-20-2005, 11:03 PM
"ryanmurphy" wrote:

I think the mooning in Green Bay was deserved, the "wated bottle" incident was funny, and the whole car/cop thing is irrevelant as it has nothing to do with football. But, as a Moss fan, walking off the field in protest is a hard thing to defend. Although I would still like to have him as a Vike, I can deal with the fact that he is not. This year in Oakland will probably be one of his best ever because he has the motivation of thinking that he is no longer wanted. The same motivation that being drafted lower then he thought he should have been gave him. At the end of the day, I think the Vikes will be a better team for a lot longer then the Raiders will be. I at least look forward to the Moss/Bailey matchup twice a year...

Good post, dude! Welcome aboard!

"Everybody say SUGAR HILL....SUGAR HILL!
And everybody take a chill pill!!!"

Old School at its finest!

Moss is gonna make toast of Bailey, though!

dr feelgood
05-21-2005, 01:18 AM
Caine, you coming after me? the guy who has season tickits and spends money on a tailgating vehicle painted purple and gold and is out in the parking lot 4-5 hours before every home game. 1.) Mooning fans is funny. 2.) Squirting an Official (older and smaller than the players) is not. 3.) driving into people is a crime, everywhere, but here. (must be the Minnesota nice thing.) 4.) getting $75 million dollars and walking off the job is is cause for termination (just the walking off part, I don't that much.) We gave the guy chances,to be a team player, he seemed to be most of the time but did really stupid things and laughed it off. His teamates put up with it but,they did not copy him, did they? They would have been cut. I would have traded him after one year for a whole defense. Don't laugh, he would have been worth it then. We were lucky to get what we did, 3 okay starters, we'll see... If you come buy the ambulance before a game, we got beer and you can yell at me then, we are rooting for the same team. Anyway, I got thick skin and can take abuse when deserved. Thanks for the help to those that jumped in. SKOL, VIKINGS!!!!

Caine
05-21-2005, 04:05 AM
"dr feelgood" wrote:

Caine, you coming after me? I guess I was. I had to review the thread to find out for sure.

"dr feelgood" wrote:

the guy who has season tickits and spends money on a tailgating vehicle painted purple and gold and is out in the parking lot 4-5 hours before every home game. All of that is great - seriously - but your "Fan Status" isn't in question from me. I don't do that. It's those who did in previous posts here that got me up in arms.

NOTE: The rest of this post is exactly what I'm talking about as to what I like to see. He has POINTS to make, and does so without calling anyone anything derogatory. Take notes, boys and girls, THIS is what contradictory post should be like.

I broke this into pieces for easier response:

"dr feelgood" wrote:

1.) Mooning fans is funny.
I agree.

"dr feelgood" wrote:

2.) Squirting an Official (older and smaller than the players) is not.
Again, I agree. But, to be fair, he did that ONCE and never repeated that mistake again.

"dr feelgood" wrote:

3.) driving into people is a crime, everywhere, but here. (must be the Minnesota nice thing.)
He didn't "drive" into her, he rolled his car forward at an idle. She refused to move - even though she was waaaaay outside of her authority limits - hence he only received a citation. While not the brightest move, he also never repeated that type of mistake.

"dr feelgood" wrote:

4.) getting $75 million dollars and walking off the job is is cause for termination (just the walking off part, I don't that much.)
He left with TWO SECONDS left...after another season of disappointment. McCombs refused to spend money and field a Defense, and the strain of being placed in an unwinable position took its toll. While I don't LIKE the walk off, I understand WHY he did.

"dr feelgood" wrote:

We gave the guy chances,to be a team player, he seemed to be most of the time but did really stupid things and laughed it off. His teamates put up with it but,they did not copy him, did they? They would have been cut. I would have traded him after one year for a whole defense. Don't laugh, he would have been worth it then. We were lucky to get what we did, 3 okay starters, we'll see...

Big chunk here...bear with me. Randy WAS a "team Player"...but the owner refused to field a TEAM. Randy did everything in his power to drive our offense forward - that stats bear me out there. What he couldn't control was our Defense's inability to stop a rampaging quadrapalegic ward (No offence intended to any amputees out there)on sponge-bath night.

For the last two seasons, Randy shut up and played - just like he was supposed to. Our Owner, however, didn't do diddly to improve a rotten Defense until AFTER he traded Randy.

Sure, you would've traded him for a "D". My point is, there was no NEED to. We HAD the cap room...Red just wouldn't use it. Imagine how potent we could have been if McCombs (burn in hell) would've spent some of that money to bring people in LAST year.

And, of course, there is the comment Red made about trying to motivate Randy. What a pathetic excuse for a joke. You want to motivate him? Give him a chance to WIN. By hoarding his money, McCombs forced us to have to score on virtually every possession...or lose.

I don't blame Randy...I blame RED.

"dr feelgood" wrote:

If you come buy the ambulance before a game, we got beer and you can yell at me then, we are rooting for the same team. Anyway, I got thick skin and can take abuse when deserved. Thanks for the help to those that jumped in. SKOL, VIKINGS!!!!

And THAT is an offer I'll GLADLY take you up on. Although, since the season will have started - and I'll have buried this issue as no longer relevant - I doubt there will be a whole lot of yelling.

Caine

MNVikingGangsta
05-21-2005, 05:50 AM
it's like at first i thought man this must be good for the vikes but....a couple months later i am really regreating trading him. i could give two shits less about squirting a offcial and bumpin a traffic cop and especially mooning GB, i think its funny. i've heard that if we didn't trade him we wouldn't have been able to sign the players we did but man was this guy good. watching that video and readin the SI article just breaks my heart for realz. all i know is if we don't have a great season i just might put a bounty on reds head!!! for me the only thing that will make this right is if we win a super bowl. i've only read the first comment so i'm sure i'll get bashed for taking this stance but i could car less. I WANT RANDY BACK!!!!!

MNVikingGangsta
05-21-2005, 06:32 AM
"Caine" wrote:

In my opinion, the reason this topic keeps popping up is that many people feel there was absolutely NO REASON for the trade to occur. I happen to be one of them.

I agree with those who say that the Vikes could have added the Defensive firepower without the trade. I agree that the Media made a mountain out of a molehill on virtually EVERYTHING with Moss associated with it. I agree that Daunte was/is the team leader but failed to step up and LEAD. And, I agree that Red *I stroke sheep wangs* McCombs is the one to blame for the entire thing.

I disagree that Moss was a cancer, or even remotely acts like Terrible Owens. I disagree that Moss "split the locker room". I disagree that we're better off without him. And, most importantly, I disagree that feeling that way - and saying so - makes any of us less of a Vikings fan.

For those saying we - those against the Moss trade - need to "get over it" or "Cheer for the Raiders", I respond with the time honored, "Bite me". After 39 years of being a Viking fan - exclusively - I think I'm allowed to disagree with moves they make...much like many of those telling the pro-Moss faction to "move on" are allowed to bash Tice.

It strikes me as a bit hypocritical when people allow dissention...but only on THEIR terms.

The Moss trade was a bad one...period. The addition of the FA firepower will offset the effects - maybe even win us a Superbowl - but there was no REASON for the trade. The fact is, that if the trade were to stand ON IT'S OWN, it wouldn't be viewed in a positive light.

Need proof?

Williamson...how many TD's will HE have this year? Randy scored 17 his rookie year...with CC in the lineup. Williamson won't have a proven All-Pro to draw coverage. Randy caught 69 passes for 1313 yds...will Williamson?

Harris. By himself, would HE have revitalized the "D"? No. It is the addition of Williams, Cowart, Smoot, and Sharper - and the drafting of Erasmus james - that will make the biggest impact. An impact that might have been the same with Moss still in purple. In short, the greedy goat-screwer finally forked out some cash...to cover the 2nd crappiest trade in Viking history.

But, we could have had all of that, PLUS RANDY. We could have had a Defense, plus the most dynamic Offense in the NFL. Can we DO anything about that now? Nope. Doesn't mean we have to like it.

Maybe Travis Taylor will be huge. maybe Williamson won't need 1-2 years to get into the flow of the NFL (Owens needed 2, Walker needed 2, even Rice needed 1). fact is, we could've had Taylor without trading Moss.

Maybe the Defense will be in the top 5-10 this season, allowing us to win with less than 40 points on the board. fact is, with what we added we could possible get there without Harris.

So, was the trade - on its OWN merits - a good one? Nope. Sure wasn't. Am I not a Vikings fan for saying so? Nope. Still dedicated. Will I miss Randy? Yep. Sure will.

Caine
perfectly stated, i'm with you bro.
I'm a diehard vikings fan until the day that i die so don't give me that, oh your a randy fan not a viking fan. i absolutly love the vikes and always will but this trade is going to be hard to take unless, like i said in my last post, we WIN the super bowl. anything else and this was a horrible trade. I hope and pray that we win it all and then i'll be more than happy to get the, "i told ya sos."

PurplePackerEater
05-21-2005, 06:34 AM
I nominate Caine as the first "PurplePride Member Of The Month".

Dammm I wish I could break down an arguement like that! I'm just glad that I completely agree. Go Caine!

ultravikingfan
05-21-2005, 07:06 AM
Gives new meaning to "the QWERTY keyboard is mightier than the sword!"

Caine
05-21-2005, 07:17 AM
"purplehorn" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

"purplehorn" wrote:

Randy is a Raider whoopty dam doo. I enjoyed him
but we are better off without him. Get youselfs
some Prozac and get on with life.

Care to elaborate on how we're "better off without him"? Can you back it up with (theoretical) statistical proof? Is there some factual element that you're holding back that supports your claim?

Or are you simply blowing your opinion around and insulting people who don't support it? :roll:

Caine


We are gonna suck cause we don't have a guy who
takes off plays, and even if we've improved on D
and have some great veteran leadership on the O side
without Randy we suck boo hoo boo hoo pass the oldmilwakee boo hoo boo hoo.
Is that better :roll:

If that was supposed to be sarcastic wit, you missed the second half.

With Randy in the lineup, we accounted for over 100 more yards per game than without - FACT

With Randy HEALTHY in the lineup, it was over 150+ YPG - FACT

Going full bore, or taking plays off, he drew TWO defenders EVERY SINGLE PLAY - FACT.

We had the cap room to sign everyone we acquired (Except Harris who was acquired via trade) without trading Randy - FACT

Randy made our running game easier because he pulled defenses back, and made our passing game easier because he drew doubles/triples - SPECULATION BASED UPON STATISTICAL FACT.

Our DEFENSE lost every game for us by not being able to hold - FACT

Purplehorn, if you want to sling names and be a (insert insulting explative here), that's up to you. But I'd rather discuss the merits of our respective positions in a more adult fashion. I don't think that's asking a lot.

Caine

purplehorn
05-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Caine try this and 2 Midol it works for the old lady.
If you still feel bitchy please go to a Packer board
your all high and mighty BS is getting old

http://www.andyjonesdesign.co.uk/imagextra/photos/pharma/tampon.jpg

Caine
05-21-2005, 05:46 PM
"purplehorn" wrote:

Caine try this and 2 Midol it works for the old lady.
If you still feel bitchy please go to a Packer board
your all high and mighty BS is getting old

http://www.andyjonesdesign.co.uk/imagextra/photos/pharma/tampon.jpg

Now, I tried...I really did.

I had a point of view, I supported it with facts, and I abstained from name calling. I did my part.

You, on the other hand, have done nothing but name calling through this entire thread.

What's the matter, sport, got nothing to back up your point of view? Can't support your arguement so you have to insult in order to gain support? Gee, aren't YOU impressive.

You're as bad as the fans from other teams that come in here and say, "Vikings suck, we rule" then disappear. They can't support their statements either. Of course, we label them, "Trolls" and dedicate entire forums to illustraiting their idiocy for all to laugh at.

But you, because you label yourself a Viking fan, we don't tag with the "Troll" tag...wonder why that is?

As for me being, "high and mighty", do you really think so? Why? Because I can back up what I claim? Because I can give factual support to an opposing point of view? Because I can use complete sentences and employ the use of paragraphs?

If the best you've got is insults, save it for the Packer trolls, they're about your speed. If someday you stumble across a FACT, fell free to post it up. Until then, team affiliation be damned, you're just another troll hiding behind internet annonimity to piss in everyone else's Wheaties.

As I've said before, sport, there are 5 people in the entire world whose opinions matter to me...YOU aren't on that list.

Caine

ejmat
05-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Listen, I like everyone in here for the fact they are a viking fan. But Purplehorn, I have to agree with Caine. He has backed things up with facts without being rude to anyone. I may disagree with people in here but the fact of the matter is we all want the same thing. The Vikings to win a SB. We will have to wait and see how this trade pans out. I wasn't thrilled about losing one of the best receivers today. I still think we have an above average offense with JK back it should open more holes and give DC more time to throw. Hopefully we won't have to score as many points to win a game. Yeah Red didn't spend it last year when he could have and they overspent in the late 90s but here we are with the here and now. We are in good position with the salary cap for a few years if it's not blown. I don't like Red and maybe we could have won a SB last year if he spent cap money. I say let's see how things pan out and hopefully we will all be celebrating come February 06.

purplehorn
05-21-2005, 06:34 PM
"Caine" wrote:



I had a point of view, I supported it with facts, and I abstained from name calling. I did my part.



That is funny. Anyone who disagrees with you is
an almost troll by your own words. We will see
if we have a better record than last year if we
are better or worse for the Randy trade.

I hated to see Moss go but he's gone. What are
you gonna do cry and moan all season? I for one
will remain optomistic and not join the whiney hineys.
The only FACT is this group has yet to play a game
together so your facts are just opinions and past
dwellings. You know what they say about opinions.

Caine
05-21-2005, 07:04 PM
"purplehorn" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:



I had a point of view, I supported it with facts, and I abstained from name calling. I did my part.



That is funny. Anyone who disagrees with you is
an almost troll by your own words. We will see
if we have a better record than last year if we
are better or worse for the Randy trade.

I hated to see Moss go but he's gone. What are
you gonna do cry and moan all season? I for one
will remain optomistic and not join the whiney hineys.
The only FACT is this group has yet to play a game
together so your facts are just opinions and past
dwellings. You know what they say about opinions.

No, anyone who disagrees and supports their opinions with nothing more substantial than name calling is a troll.

I'm sure we WILL have a better record than last season, my POINT was that the trade was not neccessary to achieve that. We could have signed every FA we got with Randy still here.

Saying so doesn't make me whiney. I'm not saying we're falling apart, won't go anywhere, or that the sun no longer shines in Minnesota...I'm saying that the trade - on it's own merits - was not a good one, and was a cheap move by a cheap owner who covered it up by spending the cap money on quality players - something he SHOULD have done 2 years ago.

Now, had you actually READ the posts here, you would've seen that. You would've realized that NO ONE was whining or complaining about the Vikes taking a dump - far from it. We were all simply agreeing that we didn't like the trade for reasons we've more than adequately covered in previous posts.

Keep in mind, with the number of FA's signed, the effects of the "Randy Trade" are diminished. Will Harris revitalize the "D", or will it be Harris, Sharper, Smoot, Willimas, James, and Cowart? Will Williamson keep the "O" rolling, or will it be Taylor, Williamson, and a healthy Bennett?

Taken on a whole, the trade doesn't have the same impact as it would have had we made no other moves this off season - hence, the trade was not required.

And THAT is all we were saying.

Caine

RandyMoss8404
05-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Stop trying Caine. I made a specific post about this and people are still doing it. It's sad really.

ejmat
05-21-2005, 07:11 PM
That's what I'm talking about Purplehorn

ejmat
05-21-2005, 07:14 PM
I wasn't saying that to Purplehorn's last post (#807). It was for his post on page 5.

ejmat
05-21-2005, 07:15 PM
Good riddance Reggie. Being a Knick fan I had to say that. I know he's a great shooter. i didn't like that fact he got away with kicking people as he shoots and getting a foul called against the opposing team. I can't understand how he gets away with that. He should have fouled out about 80% of his games.

purplehorn
05-21-2005, 07:30 PM
"Caine" wrote:

No, anyone who disagrees and supports their opinions with nothing more substantial than name calling is a troll.




The funny thing about this whole disagreement
is I don't disagree that trading Randy sucked
and was not needed to aquire the players we got.
There is just nothing that can be done about it
and I fail to see what good can be done dwelling
on it.

And please show me where I resorted to name calling :?: I may have been a bit harsh but
good golly miss molly Randy is no longer a Viking.
To the best of my knowledge we cannot change that.

RandyMoss8404
05-22-2005, 01:37 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

Good riddance Reggie. Being a Knick fan I had to say that. I know he's a great shooter. i didn't like that fact he got away with kicking people as he shoots and getting a foul called against the opposing team. I can't understand how he gets away with that. He should have fouled out about 80% of his games.

Um - the greatest Knick fan (Spike Lee) - hugged Reggie and wished him well. If you think Reggie was cheap or anything other than an elite and great player of our generation, I feel sorry for you.

dr feelgood
05-22-2005, 02:44 AM
They're just cleaning house as the old chemistry was'nt working and they need to mix it up. One superstar is usually sacrificed. Randy just made it easier for them to pick him. It's happened to other teams. Also in this day and age, 3 starters for one player is unheard of, Even if Cowart was being unloaded. (so we'll just say 2 starters and a little extra somthing, somthing)(Randy's ability was never questioned but, I believe the boys at winter park know more about his injuries than we do and coupled with his age, it adds up. We'll about that offense soon enough. Caine, one cold frosty coming up. :occasion5:

ejmat
05-22-2005, 03:35 PM
RandyMoss8404 - I never said anything about Reggie Miller not being one of the greatest players of our generation. All I stated is he got a way with a lot of fouls. Being a Knick fan it was very frustrating. It's like watching the Vikings and when Cris Carter would make great catches and the refs called them no-catches or out-of-bounds. Is that frustrating for you? It is for me. The same goes for when Reggie used to kick people when he went up for jumpers. Hey, all the more to him b/c he got away with it. It was still frustrating.

Why do you feel sorry for me? You have no idea who I am. There is no reason to feel sorry for me. Worry about feelings for yourself

VKG4LFE
05-22-2005, 06:50 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"vikingdude82" wrote:

Randy Moss- best receiver ever...

One of them, but not the best (yet)


Always gotta be protectin' your boy CC!! lol

ejmat
05-22-2005, 06:55 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"vikingdude82" wrote:

Randy Moss- best receiver ever...

One of them, but not the best (yet)


Always gotta be protectin' your boy CC!! lolAlways have and always will. LOL

VKG4LFE
05-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I know!! lol

Del Rio
05-23-2005, 03:24 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

RandyMoss8404 - I never said anything about Reggie Miller not being one of the greatest players of our generation. All I stated is he got a way with a lot of fouls. Being a Knick fan it was very frustrating. It's like watching the Vikings and when Cris Carter would make great catches and the refs called them no-catches or out-of-bounds. Is that frustrating for you? It is for me. The same goes for when Reggie used to kick people when he went up for jumpers. Hey, all the more to him b/c he got away with it. It was still frustrating.

Why do you feel sorry for me? You have no idea who I am. There is no reason to feel sorry for me. Worry about feelings for yourself


Because he is being a jackass.
And he is on par with God. If you do not share his view of the world you need pity. And all the Moss fans are so picked on here, and no one understands their pain.

Del Rio
05-23-2005, 03:33 PM
"Caine" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Caine

It goes both ways brotha :grin:

There are just as many over exagerated obsessed fanbois as there are haters.

No one should worry too much evolution will weed out the ones that can't get over it lol.

Caine you have to give some merit for humor.And you shouldn't be throwing rocks.....remember the last time.....

Last time?!?!? What "last time"?

I give merit for humor. Tongue in cheeck is always allowed. But the two I've specifically called out aren't using humor, they're using derision and insults to carry their comments. Something I've always considered to be the fall back position of those who have no substance in their comments.

I've been polite. Most in this thread against the trade have been polite. It's the handful of "Haters" that have been crass. Contrary opinions I can live with...jackasses I can't.

Of course, I agree with statement that there are some who carry the Moss torch a little too .... ummm .... seriously. I haven't really seen that here. We're simply saying we don't like the trade. None of us are saying, "Ohh, woe is us. We lost Lord Randy. The world will come to a screeching halt without his Freakiness here to carry us through"...even I can't stand THOSE people.

Caine

No Caine your missing the point.
It's not just saying you hate the trade, it is saying you hate the trade every 4 seconds. It is the constant comparisons between Moss and every god damn subject.

You can have a conversation about lineman and somehow someone who is being a little bitch about Moss STILL brings him up. By now everyone should know who loved Moss with a passion. Everyone here was probably pained on some level with the trade. But Jesus H. man it's done. I was sad to see Randle go to the Hawks but I don't cry about it every god damm 4 seconds.


This fight cannot be won. There are extreemists on this subject. The only problem is the people in support of Moss to the extreeme are fueled by ignorance, and the people who are being extreeme against the Moss orgy are being fueled out of exaustion of reading the fanboi responses every other post.

As far as
"what happened last time.....I have no idea, I was drunk......I think there was a rake and a clown involved."

*When I said "what happened last time," it was supposed to be a joke. But it sucked now that I re-read it*

Del Rio
05-23-2005, 03:35 PM
"Saying so doesn't make me whiney" *Caine*

No but it makes you look like a crazed fanatic kicking a dead horse, for the 100th time.