PDA

View Full Version : Developemental Camp

audioghost
05-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Isn't that supposed to start today??? I hope I hear a little something about it! Hope Mr. Cheer or Die snaps photos and puts em on his site! You guys know anything more about this??

ultravikingfan
05-17-2005, 07:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpam9jNzkwBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0cA--?slug=ap-vikings-smith&prov=ap&type=lgns

Here's a link talking about the "Whiz" at mini camp.

SKOL
05-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Channel 5 news locally had a nice catch by Williamson. It was a diving, one handed, juggling type of catch that was amazing.

audioghost
05-17-2005, 10:52 AM
I hope there's something on the official website too. Or on the other website, Mr. Cheer or Die's site....or maybe on the Press or Tribune website.

ElBarto
05-17-2005, 11:36 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

I hope there's something on the official website too. Or on the other website, Mr. Cheer or Die's site....or maybe on the Press or Tribune website.

There won't be anything on our official website. It sucks big time :mad:

audioghost
05-17-2005, 11:44 AM
According to Pioneer Press, Culpepper had this to say after the 1st day of developemental camp....

• His impression of first-round pick Troy Williamson as a deep pass-catching threat: "I'm figuring out how he likes coming out of his cuts. He's coming along real good. He's a real smooth guy. He has a knack to make big plays. He made a nice diving catch today.'

• His excitement about the retooled defense: "It'll give me more chances to get the ball. The more opportunities you get, the more chances you get to do great things. Everybody knows offense sells tickets and defense wins championships. Our defense, on paper, now is up to par. Just from minicamp and today, they're a step ahead of us. In training camp it'll be a different story, but they've never been a step ahead this early.'

Also, Williams and Chavous did not show.....Sharper was off doing Commentator work for NFL Europe.

So, I guess Williamson is panning out! Hopefully he hooks it up next season!

ultravikingfan
05-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Good news to hear about how positive Pep and Williamson are.

cajunvike
05-17-2005, 07:22 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

Channel 5 news locally had a nice catch by Williamson. It was a diving, one handed, juggling type of catch that was amazing.

More of that should shut up the naysayers!!! :grin:

SKOL
05-17-2005, 10:06 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

I've been one of the naysayers. :silent: I'll shut up eventually.

cajunvike
05-17-2005, 11:12 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

It's good that you are receptive to being a reformed naysayer...let's ALL hope that our reluctance to draft Troy over Mike Williams is overshadowed by a sterling rookie season by Williamson...and that he makes us ALL eat crow by the end of the season...at the Vikings Super Bowl Victory Party!!! :grin:

ultravikingfan
05-18-2005, 04:40 AM
The "whiz" misses camp:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZ2NvMjltBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-vikings-smith&prov=ap&type=lgns

PurplePeopleEaters
05-18-2005, 04:43 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

It's good that you are receptive to being a reformed naysayer...let's ALL hope that our reluctance to draft Troy over Mike Williams is overshadowed by a sterling rookie season by Williamson...and that he makes us ALL eat crow by the end of the season...at the Vikings Super Bowl Victory Party!!! :grin:

I like the guy and hope to god he turns out to be a future star.... :grin:

audioghost
05-18-2005, 05:56 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

The "whiz" misses camp:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZ2NvMjltBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-vikings-smith&prov=ap&type=lgns

Do u think the media attention at camp scared him away? You guys do know that Developemental Camp is not mandatory. Hope he doesn't break down and pull a Demitrius Underwood.

ultravikingfan
05-18-2005, 06:11 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

The "whiz" misses camp:

Do u think the media attention at camp scared him away? You guys do know that Developemental Camp is not mandatory. Hope he doesn't break down and pull a Demitrius Underwood.

Thats a very good possibility. He may want the whole "whiz" thing to fade away a little before coming to camp.

I know I would if I was caught with a fake plastic member! :lol:

V-Unit
05-18-2005, 10:27 PM
It is a bit weird that sportscenter had a segment on Smith which ended with them talking about how Culpepper planned to sit him down on monday night and have a heart to heart talk with him. If that did happen, missing the next day of practice is a bit odd.

Onterrio has obviosuly proven to be a solid NFL RB with his priorites out of order. The question is whether he has the willpower to change his priorities for the sake of his career.