PDA

View Full Version : Jealous Packer/Lions/Bears fans

audioghost
05-14-2005, 07:26 AM
I have seen so many "the Vikings D isnt that great" fan emails this past week, and I am loving it. The Vikes are getting the positive media attention for once (besides the idiotonator and the millionaire ticket scalper) and I love it....it feels great to have other fans jealous enough to rip on the columnists. VIKES ON THE RISE IN '05!!!!!

Vikes
05-14-2005, 07:29 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

I have seen so many "the Vikings D isnt that great" fan emails this past week, and I am loving it. The Vikes are getting the positive media attention for once (besides the idiotonator and the millionaire ticket scalper) and I love it....it feels great to have other fans jealous enough to rip on the columnists. VIKES ON THE RISE IN '05!!!!!

Postive O + Postive D = Postive Season

fred3105
05-14-2005, 07:53 AM
We havent played a single game so I would agree that our Defense is not that great at the moment. In my opinion a lot of our pickups need to show me something before I truely believe in them.

briboy75
05-14-2005, 07:53 AM
There was a ton of positive press on the vikings last year. They were a popluar pick to go to the superbowl. i think fans just think there team is better then national media does. thats the way it has always been

cc21
05-14-2005, 04:22 PM
how could anyone say our defense will suck, and actually be serious?

mattitude615
05-14-2005, 04:51 PM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

probably becuase it has sucked for quite a while, and they still haven't proved anything this year...

cc21
05-14-2005, 07:13 PM
"mattitude615" wrote:

"coreychavous21" wrote:

probably becuase it has sucked for quite a while, and they still haven't proved anything this year...have you seen who we picked up in free agency?

vikes09
05-14-2005, 07:47 PM
yeah, but theyre no SERIOUS top name guys. BUT with that being said they will all help. id rather have a defense full of good players and 2 or 3 stars, rather than 5 amazing players, and the rest of the guys are decent. its so much harder to hide a guy on defense than offense.

aceclown
05-15-2005, 01:22 AM
"vikes09" wrote:

yeah, but theyre no SERIOUS top name guys. BUT with that being said they will all help. id rather have a defense full of good players and 2 or 3 stars, rather than 5 amazing players, and the rest of the guys are decent. its so much harder to hide a guy on defense than offense.

Exactly. Just look at the patriots D. Is it stacked with stars? No. It is filled with players who get the job done.

audioghost
05-16-2005, 03:36 AM
"briboy75" wrote:

There was a ton of positive press on the vikings last year. They were a popluar pick to go to the superbowl. i think fans just think there team is better then national media does. thats the way it has always been

I never heard any of the positive press last year.... Nobody gave anyone a shot vs. the Eagles

Plus all I heard was Seahawks and Lions
Chris Berman actually thought the Lions would win the NFC NORTH!
Sean Salisbury picked the Seahawks for the Super Bowl.
I didn't hear the Vikes mentioned once in relation to the super bowl.....
Also, the media has their "favorite teams". No matter how bad the Cowboys suck, they will still be a hot topic....no matter how bad the Yankees, Red Sox, or Cubs suck, they will as well.....the Lakers are one of those....I just get tired of hearing about Bill Parcells, and the Lakers.....Yankees....I dunno, they make it sound like other teams don't matter, and it pisses me off....equal coverage would be a great thing...its a bigger story when the Vikes are in the negative media it seems....must suck to be a Cardinals fan tho.....

audioghost
05-16-2005, 03:38 AM
"aceclown" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

Exactly. Just look at the patriots D. Is it stacked with stars? No. It is filled with players who get the job done.

Stars on Patriots: Ty Law, Rodney Harrison....there's a couple.

mossfan8484
05-16-2005, 03:47 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

Stars on Patriots Ty Law, Rodney Harrison....there's a couple.Ty Laws gone. Thats only one star, which is not a couple.

LosAngelis
05-16-2005, 03:48 AM
You guys have had the best offseason of any team in the league.

Unfortunately, they don't award the Lombardi Trophy for the best offseason.

GreenBaySlackers
05-16-2005, 03:51 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

no ty law, but yes richard seymore,and the vikes have one "superstar" judged by the populus, darren sharper is very popular and even overrated by every one outside of the NFC north.

ultravikingfan
05-17-2005, 06:27 AM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

no ty law, but yes richard seymore,and the vikes have one "superstar" judged by the populus, darren sharper is very popular and even overrated by every one outside of the NFC north.

You could make a case for K Will. He did lead all DT's in sacks and made the Pro Bowl.

VKG4LFE
05-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Kdub is a rising star in the league! If he keeps puttin' up the numbers he has for the last two years (knock on wood) we're gonna have another John Randle/Chris Doleman on our hands!

Buschmaster
05-22-2005, 08:53 PM
To be honest, the team I'd have to compare us to is the Patriots. We don't have too many superstars, but we really don't have many weak spots either. If our team can work as a team like the Pats can, I see no reason why we can't be a top team next year.

We'll see how our defense can preform Sept. 11th, but we won't really know until later october probably.

SKOL
05-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Good post. Welcome aboard Bushmaster. Belly up to the Free Beer Forum and give us your story. Ultravike is bound to come around with the free virtual beer of your liking.

vegasvike
05-22-2005, 11:16 PM
"aceclown" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

are you serious? ther's Teddy Bruschi, now they have Duane Starks although he hasn't gotten the pub for the las couple of years in part of playin in AZ, and injuries, the Willie McGinest, Rosevelt Colvin, Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymor. They don't have any "superstars" b/c the media likes to label them lunchbox players. It sort of makes them look better.
Remember these are the same people that said Hienz Ward is the most underrated player in the NFl but everytime you turned on a sports show they were talking about him

skogs02
06-10-2005, 06:42 PM
I dont know about you guys but i am very excited to see how our defense will do this season.We got the pieces in place now they just have to gel together and get the damn job done.I havent ever been this excited for our defense!!

cajunvike
06-10-2005, 06:45 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

You could make a case for K Will. He did lead all DT's in sacks and made the Pro Bowl.

KWill IS considered a rising superstar by most media pundits...they all think that with PWill taking on more double teams that KWill will have a dominating season!!!

cajunvike
06-10-2005, 06:46 PM
"vegasvike" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

are you serious? ther's Teddy Bruschi, now they have Duane Starks although he hasn't gotten the pub for the las couple of years in part of playin in AZ, and injuries, the Willie McGinest, Rosevelt Colvin, Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymor. They don't have any "superstars" b/c the media likes to label them lunchbox players. It sort of makes them look better.
Remember these are the same people that said Hienz Ward is the most underrated player in the NFl but everytime you turned on a sports show they were talking about him

When did they get Duane Starks...how did I miss that?

Crap...I am starting to hate the Patsies even more than I hate the Cowgirls!!! :mad: :evil:

VKG4LFE
06-19-2005, 09:36 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

KWill IS considered a rising superstar by most media pundits...they all think that with PWill taking on more double teams that KWill will have a dominating season!!!

Do I see15-20 sacks in the near future for Kdub!!

RandyMoss8404
06-19-2005, 09:56 PM
15-20?!

vikes09
06-19-2005, 10:03 PM
well if brett favre dives behind the line of scrimmage 20 times and kwill gets their first, i really think its possible. :lol:(old reference)

VKG4LFE
06-19-2005, 10:09 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

15-20?!

Yeah, the last couple of years he's put up 11 or 12 a year with virtually no help on the line, now with a tank next to him to take up another blocker, why couldn't he get to 15-20?

DeathtoDenny
06-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Do you guys think Cotrell will be any different with our new players? Alot of his "hole stuffing" with our brilliant linebackers left many wide recievers wide open last year. Watch any of the four "games of the week" featuring the vikings losing on the NFL channel and they show how Cotrell is basically a bad coach. Hopefully Loney won't call WR fake end around pass option plays with 2:34 left like Linnehan.
We'll see. Hopefully its not a wasted season because of our bad coaching.