PDA

View Full Version : Possible June cap cuts?

finnishvikingsfan
05-05-2005, 08:56 PM
I think some of the possible cap cuts for the vikings could be the one the only Kelly Campbell is one I think might be. Who else do you think will be out there?

ultravikingfan
05-05-2005, 10:29 PM
As long as Campbells fat mouth is cut! http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/smoker/017.gif

PurplePackerEater
05-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Yah, I think Cambell is a canidate for June cuts. I still can't believe what he did, what an idiot. I liked him too, accept his penalties after TDs.

ultravikingfan
05-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Campbell = http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/signs/192.gif

purplepat
05-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Campbell will not be a "cap cut". He doesn't make jack squat to start with. Now, he might just get cut because the Vikings don't need his gun-totin, weed-tokin, end zone dancin tomfoolery.

I don't foresee any cap cuts by the Vikings at all.

PurplePeopleEaters
05-05-2005, 11:04 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

Yah, I think Cambell is a canidate for June cuts. I still can't believe what he did, what an idiot. I liked him too, accept his penalties after TDs.
That was so annoying. Culpepper would be getting his roll on ALONE and kelly campbell would jump off of the sidelines and run over and turn it inot a group thing. What an idiot.

PurplePackerEater
05-05-2005, 11:10 PM
"purplepat" wrote:

Campbell will not be a "cap cut". He doesn't make jack squat to start with. Now, he might just get cut because the Vikings don't need his gun-totin, weed-tokin, end zone dancin tomfoolery.

I don't foresee any cap cuts by the Vikings at all.Mixon wasn't making much and he got cut. It doesn't always have to do with salaries.

FuadFan
05-05-2005, 11:24 PM
If they wanted to cut him he would have gone with Mixon and Nattiel. I think he'll still be with us until the sometime during the preseason.

finnishvikingsfan
05-05-2005, 11:31 PM
I think Campbell will get out played and start pouting.

ultravikingfan
05-05-2005, 11:45 PM
"purplepat" wrote:

I know. I am just hoping he is cut.

michaelmazid
05-06-2005, 01:02 AM
"purplepat" wrote:

what endzone dance? the guy never scores.

Mr. Purple
05-06-2005, 01:15 AM
I would ask for noone to use the word "tomfoolery" ever again for the sake of the website, thank you.

Guruzen
05-06-2005, 02:33 AM
Campbell's our speed guy... without him we're left with only Troy as a legitimate deep threat.

Besides, who hasn't smoked a little weed whilst wielding a handgun, speeding on the highway with cops on his tail?

V-Unit
05-06-2005, 02:52 AM
Campbell is down to his last draw with Tice, but Tice also realizes that he is our besst option for a fourth receiver. If Taylor doesnt work out and Robinson/Williamson/Burleson gets hurt, like it or not Campbell will see some legit playing time.

Campbell won't get cut. Please quote this and make me eat my words if he does.

michaelmazid
05-06-2005, 03:05 AM
campbell is getting cut before the start of the season. If minny is really trying to clean up their name and their act, they will cut him. Besides, he sucks anyways

muchluv4smoot
05-06-2005, 03:57 AM

"purplepat" wrote:

I don't foresee any cap cuts by the Vikings at all.Mixon wasn't making much and he got cut. It doesn't always have to do with salaries.

We are talking about june 1st cuts though, and all of them are cap casualties. Cambell doesn't fit that at all. He won't be a june 1st cut, but he will eventually get cut, I have no doubt about that, but obviously not for contract reasons.

ultravikingfan
05-06-2005, 04:40 AM
http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/laughing/011.gif That pic is fricken hilarious!!!

Mr. Purple
05-06-2005, 04:43 AM
lmao its so wrong but yet so right?

muchluv4smoot
05-06-2005, 04:50 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/laughing/011.gif That pic is fricken hilarious!!!

I thought that would get a good laugh out of some people. :grin:

finnishvikingsfan
05-06-2005, 04:53 AM
That is the funniest thing I have seen in ages! :lol:

collegeguyjeff
05-06-2005, 08:09 AM
i don't think cambpell will be cut he will be the 4th receiver cause travis taylor really is impressing people

Articnv
05-06-2005, 10:01 AM
camble will be in prison )

whackthepack
05-06-2005, 03:07 PM
I do not care if Campbell was the fastest man on the planet. I hate the guy, and his distraction to the team is not worth it!

purplehorn
05-06-2005, 03:47 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

I would ask for noone to use the word "tomfoolery" ever again for the sake of the website, thank you.

You get a new screen name Webby? :roll:

Paulbedy59
05-06-2005, 05:17 PM
I say,cut cambell,and another body and pick-up Azakim for our number 4 reciever.

alberta_vike
05-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Campbell won't be the #4 receiver, he will be #5 behind Burleson, Robinson, Williamson, and Taylor. I think it would be a bad idea to cut him. I doubt there are any other 5th string receivers in the league as good as he is, and he is decent at returning kicks and punts.

briboy75
05-06-2005, 06:08 PM
"alberta_vike" wrote:

Campbell won't be the #4 receiver, he will be #5 behind Burleson, Robinson, Williamson, and Taylor. I think it would be a bad idea to cut him. I doubt there are any other 5th string receivers in the league as good as he is, and he is decent at returning kicks and punts.

Completely agree. He is a decent player. He had one incident. I don't think hes a distraction.

happy camper
05-06-2005, 09:33 PM
maybe onterrio smith is the guy that could get cut because of his off the field problems?

personally, i hope we keep both campell and smith through this year.

they're not high profile enough for thier problems to be too big of a distraction.

happy camper
05-06-2005, 09:37 PM
hey guys.. what if we released campell in order to get freddie mitchell?

HA!

id stick with cambell and his off the field problems over freddies off the field talk anyday.

i suddenly hope we keep campbell.

ultravikingfan
05-06-2005, 09:52 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

HA!

id stick with cambell and his off the field problems over freddies off the field talk anyday.

Maybe they can be the half-time show. Just have them go onto the field. They are both idiots, so they will not have to try and act. :lol:

KY Vike
05-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Campbell is baller.

ultravikingfan
05-06-2005, 10:55 PM
"KY Vike" wrote:

Campbell is baller.

Your right. He will be "balling" when they cut his sorry butt! :cry:

cajunvike
05-06-2005, 11:17 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"KY Vike" wrote:

Campbell is baller.

That would be bawling...but whose counting! :cry:

diesavike
05-07-2005, 01:06 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

HA!

Maybe they can be the half-time show. Just have them go onto the field. They are both idiots, so they will not have to try and act. :lol:

Yeah but it wouldn't last long because one of them would get the head billing and the other would get jealous, then Freddie would start blabbing his mouth, and Campbell would get out his gun, and pretty soon there would be nothing left of either of them. I guess we wouldn't have to worry about them anymore.

I really don't think we would lose anything if Campbell got cut whenever he gets cut, but then again, once I decide I don't like a player, I usually won't change my mind on it, and I made my decision on him a while back.

ultravikingfan
05-07-2005, 02:51 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"KY Vike" wrote:

Campbell is baller.

I realize that. But, some might not have made the connection...if you know what I mean Mr. Grammar. :wink:

audioghost
05-12-2005, 08:41 AM

"purplepat" wrote:

According to VikingUpdate.com, Mixon made over 2million alone in 2004. Does he deserve 2mil? Not when dudes like K. Williams didn't break 1mil! Thats for sure!

ElBarto
05-12-2005, 01:44 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

"purplepat" wrote:

According to VikingUpdate.com, Mixon made over 2million alone in 2004. Does he deserve 2mil? Not when dudes like K. Williams didn't break 1mil! Thats for sure!

But Mixon wasn't on $2M this year, he re-structured to about $750,000 ( I think).

Chavous could be a victim come June 1st. He's set to earn about $1.5M IIRC and if Offord impresses he could be surplous (sp?) to requirements, although I hope he stays :smile:

ChiTownVike
05-12-2005, 01:54 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

I concurr

chippewavike
05-12-2005, 04:32 PM
campbell is the fastest guy on this team why give up the talent we might need it for must need 4th/3rd downs.. maybe for hail marys, don't forget he can also cacth. get rid of onterrio hes getting the medias attention right now.

briboy75
05-12-2005, 05:24 PM
"chippewavike" wrote:

campbell is the fastest guy on this team why give up the talent we might need it for must need 4th/3rd downs.. maybe for hail marys, don't forget he can also cacth. get rid of onterrio hes getting the medias attention right now.

I know he is fast, but is he really faster then Bennett and Williamson?

I don't know for sure, but I kind of thought it was

1) Bennett
2) Williamson
3) Campbell

josdin00
05-12-2005, 08:14 PM
The June 1st cuts are reserved for guys who have asalaray cap figure that is too large, and the team can't afford to cut them before June 1st. After June 1st, you can spread the cap hit from cutting a guy over 2 years, thus making the move affordable. Though I don't know the current figures, I know the Vikes went into the offseason with plenty of room under the cap, and therefore, no need to take advatage of the June 1st rule. Now, maybe some guys may still get cut this offseason, but it won't be for cap reasons, so they wouldn't be a "june 1st cut" in the traditional meaning of the term.

purplehorn
05-12-2005, 08:47 PM
"chippewavike" wrote:

Campbell is still facing a possible jail term
I wouldn't be to quick to think he'll be here.
He commited a crime smith just used very poor
judgement. :???:

PurplePackerEater
05-12-2005, 09:23 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

"purplepat" wrote:

Hold on there big nuts, we're not talking about 04 anymore. It's now 2005 and Kenny restructured his contract for the league minimum. :wink:

Besides, Kevin Williams is under a rookie contract, not as a free agent.

cajunvike
05-12-2005, 11:10 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"KY Vike" wrote:

Campbell is baller.

I realize that. But, some might not have made the connection...if you know what I mean Mr. Grammar. :wink:

Oh, quit your ballin'! :lol: