PDA

View Full Version : HIGH hopes..

danimal292
05-04-2005, 06:41 AM
we got a first timer here..
Just wanted to say hello, and that it's good to be among some real fans (since I don't know too many here in NJ). This site is awesome, and I look forward to discussing the squad with you all.

With very HIGH hopes (not as high as Kelly Campbell), Danimal :cool:

Just to prove my fan-hood... I was at the Monday Night game this year against the Eagles and got harassed (badly) for wearing my Moss jersey... bit my tounge all game... poured my beer on a guys head late in the fourth and got kicked out! Saw a sweet Del Rio jersey that night too. pce guys

DarrinNelsonguy
05-04-2005, 06:46 AM
Welcome aboard man and it is great to have Viking fans nationwide.

DPep11
05-04-2005, 06:50 AM
I don't think I could survive wearing a Vikings jersey in Philly, kudos to you. Also welcome, I am new too :lol:

ultravikingfan
05-04-2005, 06:54 AM
Keep up the good work and welcome to the site!

danimal292
05-04-2005, 06:57 AM
yea... I debated whether or not to wear it for a while... but I had to...
Quick question.. not to be a pain, but how do you get pictures and stuff on here (like the Pep and Dee Brown pics, or the Joey Browner shot)??

thanks for the help (just trying to get hooked up) ha

-danimal

magicci
05-04-2005, 06:58 AM
u think thats something try it at a raiders game

FuadFan
05-04-2005, 06:59 AM
I definitely look forward to a great season this year as well.

ultravikingfan
05-04-2005, 07:02 AM
"danimal292" wrote:

yea... I debated whether or not to wear it for a while... but I had to...
Quick question.. not to be a pain, but how do you get pictures and stuff on here (like the Pep and Dee Brown pics, or the Joey Browner shot)??

thanks for the help (just trying to get hooked up) ha

-danimal

Read the "stickys" at the top of the forum, and some of the posts may help.

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=33

fourdoorchevelle
05-04-2005, 07:15 AM
"magicci" wrote:

i was in oakland last year when the vikes lost in oakland . no where near the black hole , so i wasn't heckeled that bad. but i got to tell you if i were a raider fan i would have wanted to kick my a$$. i was yelling so loud that i was horse by half time. while walking through the consessions area the raider fans yell "raaaiiiidddeeeeerrrrssss" and i would yell " viiiiiikkkkkkiiiiinnnnnggggssss " right back . never been so drunk so early .

i was about 10 rows back of the vikings bench. about the 20 yard line , opposite the black hole.

magicci
05-04-2005, 07:22 AM
"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

i was in oakland last year when the vikes lost in oakland . no where near the black hole , so i wasn't heckeled that bad. but i got to tell you if i were a raider fan i would have wanted to kick my a$$. i was yelling so loud that i was horse by half time. while walking through the consessions area the raider fans yell "raaaiiiidddeeeeerrrrssss" and i would yell " viiiiiikkkkkkiiiiinnnnnggggssss " right back . never been so drunk so early .

i was about 10 rows back of the vikings bench. about the 20 yard line , opposite the black hole.
lol i would have supported u there

fourdoorchevelle
05-04-2005, 07:32 AM
"magicci" wrote:

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

lol i would have supported u there

i wasn't alone either there were like 6 of us , and on top of that the group of 3 next to us were vikes fans as well. so like d@mn near the whole row was in purple , ( but i was the loudest)

magicci
05-04-2005, 07:33 AM
good thing u didnt go alone

fourdoorchevelle
05-04-2005, 07:37 AM
as long as your not in the black hole ( or wearing a bronco or cheifs jersey ) you should be ok

michaelmazid
05-04-2005, 07:37 AM
I wore a jimmy Hitchcock jersey to the vikes vs. texans game. No one said a word. Hek, the whole stadium was filled with purple jerseys.

magicci
05-04-2005, 07:39 AM
when i went to the charger game last year it was nearly like a home game.........but i remember goin to an LA Raider game vs the vikes they were talkin long Sh!t to us and throwin ice at us and hitting me in the head and i was only 4 years old

danimal292
05-04-2005, 07:40 AM
I was at that Eagles game alone... (with a non-bias fan)... 8th row 40 yd line behind the dang Eagles bench. But the point is, thats why I didn't do anything too stupid (until I dumped the beer on the guy).

-danimal

DarrinNelsonguy
05-04-2005, 08:00 AM
I heard that the fans in the "Black Hole" are just done right scary and any nonRaider fan is advised not to go near it.

TheAnimal93
05-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Whats up danimal...."THE" Animal here. :lol:
Whats your story? Why are you an animal? or like me, what player did you name THe animal?
Welcome to the best site on the web!!!!
Very interesting choice of fav players. You a DB/RB your former life? :grin:

danimal292
05-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Hello Animal.. My nickname is actually Danimal (my name is Dan).. basically because of the way I party and such haha... K. Williams is def. an animal also..
You are correct, I was a safety and wide reciever when I played ball (safety being my favorite)... I'm actually a big Robert Griffith fan too.. even though he's not the most technically sound I've seen.. and yes, I am pumped that we got Sharper because (no offense to Russell but) he's a big step up.

-Danimal ..good chat

wv__viking__fan
05-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Welcome and since everyone is sharing away game stories. My wife and I wore our Vikings jerseys to a game at Pittsburg.........We got heckled and flipped off the entire day. It was great....ha ha. We really got it from the guys sitting around us when they found out we was from West Virginia and wasn't Steeler fans. They were tore up. I'd do it again in a minute.

Skol Vikings.

ultravikingfan
05-04-2005, 06:26 PM
"danimal292" wrote:

Hello Animal.. My nickname is actually Danimal (my name is Dan)

Me too! :lol:

V4L
05-04-2005, 06:35 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"danimal292" wrote:

Hello Animal.. My nickname is actually Danimal (my name is Dan)

Me too! :lol:

That makes 3 of us :grin:

ultravikingfan
05-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Kelly Campbell has "High Hopes"...if you know what I mean! :lol:

Ltrey33
05-04-2005, 08:25 PM
"DPep11" wrote:

I don't think I could survive wearing a Vikings jersey in Philly, kudos to you. Also welcome, I am new too :lol:

I had my Culpepper jersey on that night. The first guy I saw comes up to me and my dad, and says "You've got to be kidding me." I said "Nope." and he looks at my dad and says "I'm sorry to tell you sir, but your son is a faggot."

My dad and I had a good laugh about it. Other than some other stray hecklings, it wasn't too bad, although I never strayed too far while I was alone.

VKG4LFE
05-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Welcome to the site! Way to pour your beer on a philly fan too! That would take some cajones!!

VikingMike
05-04-2005, 11:24 PM
"danimal292" wrote:

Just wanted to say hello, and that it's good to be among some real fans (since I don't know too many here in NJ).

Hello and welcome, I'm a nubie too...from NY. There's a lot more Viking fans around these parts than you think. Philly's a crazy place to wear anything but a home team jersey...you could get hurt even if you wear a Phillies jersey to an Eagles game.

I'm planning to go to the Nov 13th game at the Meadowlands this year. But the way we've been playing against the Giants lately???...but I got a good feeling about this time though.

Mr Anderson
05-05-2005, 12:50 AM
"danimal292" wrote:

Just wanted to say hello, and that it's good to be among some real fans (since I don't know too many here in NJ). This site is awesome, and I look forward to discussing the squad with you all.

With very HIGH hopes (not as high as Kelly Campbell), Danimal :cool:

Just to prove my fan-hood... I was at the Monday Night game this year against the Eagles and got harassed (badly) for wearing my Moss jersey... bit my tounge all game... poured my beer on a guys head late in the fourth and got kicked out! Saw a sweet Del Rio jersey that night too. pce guys

Heres a Vikings fan from NJ

DaunteHOF
05-05-2005, 01:13 AM
reppin vikes in nyc

E-Man
05-05-2005, 01:23 AM
Hey all,

Three cheers for ya' danimal! Nothing goes as good with a cheesesteak as a brew!

I went to the Oakland/Vikes preseason game in the stupid black hole and because a Jet fan had been killed there a yr before I constantly had cops and vendors telling me 'yer brave'. It started to really piss me off and after I took my 50 yrd line center seat on the Oak-ie side some dude sat by me and glanced at my Stringer (God bless ya bro) Jersey then stated to yell ' you suck' towards the Vikes players on the field. Now I am no little guy at 6'3" 240 lb and proudly display a viking tat on my calf a Norwegian rune on left bicep and a nice ugly skull on the right, I am ready to headbutt instantly and have yet to lose. As soon as sissy boy started yelling I stood up and pushed him back down in the seat then I told him if he yelled at the players again he was gonna be sucking pavement. Needless he didn't mouth off again and the couple people who were behind me and mumbled anti-vike stuff got the ol' "YAY!" cheer twice with each of my hands clasping a full beer...'whoops, sorry...I keep doing that, but we are scoring so much...'

Randy is perfect for these loser wanna be gangster fans. I can't wait to go back next time we play there with my Vikes Moss Jersey and a BIG black x over his number.

Go Purple...

Space Coyote
05-05-2005, 01:33 AM
I'm in KC where every Sunday I go down to the local sports bar just to break up the sea of red jerseys with my nice purple vikings #11.

I actually never had any trouble except this one time when this drunk old lady showed up with a packers jersey. Unfortunately, that was the infamous Cardnals game...she told me my team sucked and I told her to have fun being eliminated in the first round...

Mr Anderson
05-05-2005, 02:07 AM
"E-Man" wrote:

Hey all,

Three cheers for ya' danimal! Nothing goes as good with a cheesesteak as a brew!

I went to the Oakland/Vikes preseason game in the stupid black hole and because a Jet fan had been killed there a yr before I constantly had cops and vendors telling me 'yer brave'. It started to really piss me off and after I took my 50 yrd line center seat on the Oak-ie side some dude sat by me and glanced at my Stringer (God bless ya bro) Jersey then stated to yell ' you suck' towards the Vikes players on the field. Now I am no little guy at 6'3" 240 lb and proudly display a viking tat on my calf a Norwegian rune on left bicep and a nice ugly skull on the right, I am ready to headbutt instantly and have yet to lose. As soon as sissy boy started yelling I stood up and pushed him back down in the seat then I told him if he yelled at the players again he was gonna be sucking pavement. Needless he didn't mouth off again and the couple people who were behind me and mumbled anti-vike stuff got the ol' "YAY!" cheer twice with each of my hands clasping a full beer...'whoops, sorry...I keep doing that, but we are scoring so much...'

Randy is perfect for these loser wanna be gangster fans. I can't wait to go back next time we play there with my Vikes Moss Jersey and a BIG black x over his number.

Go Purple...

A JETS fan. I hate the Jets and that just shows, why I do. They think theyre tough, and try to stick up for their team, and get killed.

They think way too highly of themselves and their team, thats basically what Im saying.

Im surrounded by jets fans. But I get no trouble cause I too am 6'3 240. Kind of a coincidence.