PDA

View Full Version : I see Williamson as the #1

zeppelin4534
04-26-2005, 11:54 PM
I was watching some videos that a friend of mine has of some games of Troy Williamson and he is really a great pick. His hands could be the best in the draft and his leaping ability and agility along with speed are gonna dso wonders for our team. He got scouts to look at him when he played with a safety and a fullback at QB! He is a great player and has great work ethic. I see him coming out and exploding this year like Moss did. Maybe not 1,300 yards and 17 td's but more like 1,200 yards and 13 td's. You might not agree with me now but when he is dominating corners around the nfl and is clicking with burly and Pep i will be telling you i told you so. He doesnt need any time to develop, he is a great player and loves the fact he is on the Vikings. He fits our Offense better than Williams andEdwards. I cant wait to see him play, he is so dangerous after the catch, he has the ability to run after the catch like burly but with more speed and power. Gonna be a good season.

midgensa
04-26-2005, 11:58 PM
I also really have come to like Williamson through some research. I don't think he is any Edwards, but I definitely do not mind him over Williams. I think he could easily be a 1,000-1,100 yard guy this year with 7-12 TDs ... he will be the best receiver from the draft because he has C-Pep ...

zeppelin4534
04-27-2005, 12:06 AM
im telling you, watch footage of him. He runs routes great and has body control and will fight for the extra yard. He really looks like a Cris Carter in how he loves to play the game and is always finding a way to get open. Did i mention how tremendous his hands really are?

mark
04-27-2005, 12:22 AM
Its a real possibility.we can pretty much keep the same playbook so if he can get deep hell get a lot of scores but it'll be hard to lead the team in rec.

finnishvikingsfan
04-27-2005, 12:29 AM
Williamson is by far better for our offense than the other guys. He will end up being a number 1 Reciver sometime in his career. I give him a year or two in this offense and he will be in the pro bowl.

jellovike
04-27-2005, 12:33 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

I also really have come to like Williamson through some research. I don't think he is any Edwards, but I definitely do not mind him over Williams. I think he could easily be a 1,000-1,100 yard guy this year with 7-12 TDs ... he will be the best receiver from the draft because he has C-Pep ...

Definitely. Especially if his route running is crisp.

MadtownMac
04-27-2005, 12:39 AM
It is very rare for a rookie reciever to have over 1,000 yards in his first season. There is just too much for these kids to adapt to in the NFL to make a huge impact. We are just spoiled because the last 1st round WR we took tore up the league. But since Moss, only one 1st round WR went over 1,000 yards (Boldin was 2nd round). Not that I don't want TW to do it, I'm just saying it isn't likely. 600-800 yards and 5 TDs seems like a realistic estimate.

cajunvike
04-27-2005, 12:51 AM
zeppelin...one question: Does Williamson have good hands???

vikings_fan66
04-27-2005, 12:59 AM
"MadtownMac" wrote:

It is very rare for a rookie reciever to have over 1,000 yards in his first season. There is just too much for these kids to adapt to in the NFL to make a huge impact. We are just spoiled because the last 1st round WR we took tore up the league. But since Moss, only one 1st round WR went over 1,000 yards (Boldin was 2nd round). Not that I don't want TW to do it, I'm just saying it isn't likely. 600-800 yards and 5 TDs seems like a realistic estimate.

Yes very true Receiver is one of the hardest positions to adapt to in the NFL. Micheal Clayton is often overlooked when talking about impressive rookie WR's season.

Heres his stats

RECEIVING

Year Team No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD
2004 Tampa Bay 80 1193 14.9 75 7 19 4 56

cajunvike
04-27-2005, 01:00 AM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

"MadtownMac" wrote:

Yes very true Receiver is one of the hardest positions to adapt to in the NFL. Micheal Clayton is often overlooked when talking about impressive rookie WR's season.

Heres his stats

RECEIVING

Year Team No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD
2004 Tampa Bay 80 1193 14.9 75 7 19 4 56

Looks like he went over 1000 yards to me! Maybe TW has that kind of season in him...probably not, but only because we have so many other viable options...but he most likely will contribute!

PurpleElf
04-27-2005, 01:08 AM
I see Williamson goin for 1100+ 10+ TD's. I might even be low balling his abilities.

ItalianStallion
04-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Seriously guys, don't expect T.W. do put up those kinds of stats this season. He has ALOT to learn, and production isn't based on ability alone. I would be very surprised to see him have better stats than N8 and I really don't expext us to have 2 1000-yard receivers.

Specialized
04-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Ok people people the bottom line is Troy Williamson is the best reciever on our team. He will develop into one of the best in the league so why not put him at number 1 so he develops faster.

Specialized
04-27-2005, 01:39 AM
His number wont be steller but they will be good enough for us to go to the SuperBowl.

midgensa
04-27-2005, 02:17 AM
I do think we will have two 1,000 yard receivers. In this offense it is quite possible, and I think that N8 will be pro bowl with around 1,300 yards and T-Will will grab between 900-1,100 yards ...

cc21
04-27-2005, 02:20 AM
i think that burleson will be the number 1 wide out, tice said that he was gonna

whackthepack
04-27-2005, 03:00 AM
Burleson will be the # 1 this year and I see Travis Taylor beating out Robinson for the starting job and T-Will being our number 3 after 2 games.

I think that Taylor will flourish in Minnesota, he was drafted 10 overall for a reason. He just happened to be drafted by Baltimore, no QB and a bad offense.

Once he is used to playing with C-Pep he will excell, we will have 3 star receivers in Minn not just 2!

collegeguyjeff
04-27-2005, 03:02 AM
ofcourse he has to work on stuff, moss had to work on running routes and stuff like that, and moss didn't like to block, williamson did lots of it so he isn't scared to do it so thats half the problem right there.

TheFloridianVikingFan
04-27-2005, 03:03 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Burleson will be the # 1 this year and I see Travis Taylor beating out Robinson for the starting job and T-Will being our number 3 after 2 games.

I think that Taylor will flourish in Minnesota, he was drafted 10 overall for a reason. He just happened to be drafted by Baltimore, no QB and a bad offense.

Once he is used to playing with C-Pep he will excell, we will have 3 star receivers in Minn not just 2!i disagree.. i think that burleson will just barely be our #1, closly followed by Troy, and Travis Taylor will be our #3 leaving Marcus for the redzone, because of his size...

V-Unit
04-27-2005, 06:36 AM
IF anything stops TW from a 1,000 yard season or a double digit TD number. IT will be all the weapons around him. Wiggins led us in receptions last year. Burleson led us in yards.

Burleson, Williamson, Wiggins, Kleinsasser, RB out of the backfield. Culppeper. On any given passs play I love any of these options. There won't be enough balls to go around but I think we have an unselfish team and it will make us better in the end. Williamson doesnt have to be so great this year, he just has to be solid. If we doesn't put up big numbers but we win the NFC North, I'm happy.

dopenose420
04-27-2005, 03:23 PM
"Specialized" wrote:

Ok people people the bottom line is Troy Williamson is the best reciever on our team. He will develop into one of the best in the league so why not put him at number 1 so he develops faster.

thank god your not our coach.

making troy #1 would kill any chance this kid has to be our #1. he is not the best wr on the team right now, the kid is RAW. he played in a run first offense so he has alot to learn about the little nuances of the nfl. troy won't be more than our #3 and even maybe #4 this year.

and why make troy our #1 when randy wasn't even our #1 his rookie year? troy will be used like randy was his rookie year "ok troy when i say hike, you run as fast as you can to the endzone"

i'm not expecting more than about 40-50 catches and about 700-800 yards with 5-10 tds. and to me, thats a damn good rookie wr.

even if he doesn't put up those numbers i fully believe williamson will have the highest ypc in the league.

Del Rio
04-27-2005, 03:53 PM
With how shakey our Wide recievers are I would not be surprised at all if he became our #1 by the end of the season. It all depends on him really. No doubt he will be in almost every play. You do not draft a #7 so he can ride the pine. And Burleson although he had a good year the pressure is on him to repeat. Personally I do not like Burleson as a #1 but we will see.

As far as stats. On our team it will be hard for anyone to get over 1,000. The way Culpepper spreads the ball around you have a lot of players with a lot of yards. But stats are pointless anyway.

If Culpepper makes a connection with Williamson over the other guys then he will be our #1. When ....who knows....but he will be on the field every play. #1,#2,#3 it is up to him.

cajunvike
04-27-2005, 05:08 PM
It won't really matter as long as SOMEONE is open on every pass play...whether he catches the ball or someone else does, the main thing is that if his just being on the field opens it up for the others or vice versa, it will be ALL GOOD! The main thing is for Daunte to have a repeat (or better) than last year...then he wins the MVP hands down, both for a great season AND for winning the Super Bowl!!!

GO VIKINGS!!!!!

chippewavike
04-27-2005, 05:30 PM
No way we give him #1, Burleson gets it, Williamson can't even run a route correctly how would we give him #1

Del Rio
04-27-2005, 05:35 PM
No one gives anyone anything. They earn it. Frankly no one here knows who is willing to put forth what effort.

It is not a gift it is a reward. There is no rule saying oh you are new you don't get #1. If he can step up his game and do what he needs to he definatley has the ability to be #1.

Just as much ability as Burleson who had one great year and is now the messiah.

Lundar
04-27-2005, 06:01 PM
I got a guy that I can't convice Troy Williamson was a good pick. Does anyone still have that highlight video link? Thanks!

TheAnimal93
04-27-2005, 06:08 PM
I havent watched any of this video(yawn), but I want to know before I spend my time looking at it is there any of that footage showing him going up against Antrell Rolle or Justin Miller?
I might watch it if he has plenty of highlights against them. How will this kid do vs. the best of the best?

Del Rio
04-27-2005, 06:17 PM
He will practice againts Smoot, Winfield, Sharper, and Williams. Not sure if it could get any better then that.

cajunvike
04-27-2005, 06:18 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

He will practice againts Smoot, Winfield, Sharper, and Williams. Not sure if it could get any better then that.

True dat!!! :grin:

V4L
04-27-2005, 06:28 PM
he practiced with Dunta Robinson also for a couple years while they were both there

thepacksux
04-27-2005, 09:00 PM
i see nate having a slightly improved season over last simply because he is still young and still learning the game. Nate is the only sure-fire starter right now with a heavy rotation among the remaining 3 receivers for playing time. If robinson gets hurt, i doubt he will see much time except for redzone when he comes back, but he is a vital piece to our offense in the redzone.

zeppelin4534
04-27-2005, 11:51 PM
Yes, williamson does have hands. great athletic ability. Hes not gonna play the same as Moss. To compare the tywo is wrong because TW plays with a different look. Moss had a major ego and was stubborn on the field. TW from what ive read and seen plays with a passion. Im not saying at all the he will start the year our #1, but rather he will take over that spot sometime in the season. I think him and Nate along with Travis Taylor (who i think could also be huge given that he was on the Ravens and that really holds WR's back), will do great this year. I dont see our offense dropping out of the top 3 in the NFL, match that with a top 12 defense and youve really got a team. Williamson is probably going to stay as the number 2 reciever on paper but he will have the most yards and big plays for our team.

DaunteHOF
04-27-2005, 11:59 PM
watch TW and TT be our starters...

zeppelin4534
04-28-2005, 12:06 AM
I could actually see that happening. Taylor was what? the 11th pick? hes a good reciever with some speed and Pep works great with recievers like that or any other for that matter. We are going to have a great year in 05. I really think Nate is gonna be our main target tho, meaning he will be the guy Pep looks for on 3rd downs, anyone remember Carter doing that? Every 3rd down even if he hadnt caught a pass the whole game, he would get us the first. Nate is my favorite reciever in the NFL right now just because of how well he handles everything and how he approaches the game.

muchluv4smoot
04-28-2005, 02:20 AM
"dopenose420" wrote:

"Specialized" wrote:

thank god your not our coach.

making troy #1 would kill any chance this kid has to be our #1. he is not the best wr on the team right now, the kid is RAW. he played in a run first offense so he has alot to learn about the little nuances of the nfl. troy won't be more than our #3 and even maybe #4 this year.

and why make troy our #1 when randy wasn't even our #1 his rookie year? troy will be used like randy was his rookie year "ok troy when i say hike, you run as fast as you can to the endzone"

i'm not expecting more than about 40-50 catches and about 700-800 yards with 5-10 tds. and to me, thats a gol 'darnit good rookie wr.

even if he doesn't put up those numbers i fully believe williamson will have the highest ypc in the league.

EXACTLY! TW will be a #1 WR for the vikes, but not this year. With burleson, wiggins, taylor, and robinson on our offense, along with a bunch of RB's that can catch the ball, plus a much more balanced offense, TW will be very lucky to get 800 or so yards and 5-9 TD's. That would be a fine season for a WR as raw as he is, playing on an offense with so many weapons. Give him some time guys, to let him develope, and he will EVENTUALLY become our #1, but not for a year or 2.

happy camper
04-28-2005, 04:17 AM
i just hope williamson gains momentum enough around playoff time to be a factor..

TheFloridianVikingFan
04-28-2005, 04:22 AM
"happy camper" wrote:

i just hope williamson gains momentum enough around playoff time to be a factor..hmm.. never thought that far ahead, but yea, he could be very affective in the playoffs and a assume will be...i have high hopes for this youngin'.

Zarlot531
05-01-2005, 12:28 AM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

I havent watched any of this video(yawn), but I want to know before I spend my time looking at it is there any of that footage showing him going up against Antrell Rolle or Justin Miller?
I might watch it if he has plenty of highlights against them. How will this kid do vs. the best of the best?

You could say that about almost any of the receivers coming out. The SEC overall though provides for good competition, or at least there's no way you could say it's below average going up against Tennessee, Florida, and Georgia every year.

He seems to have gotten some good catches in the first few days of camp on the Vikes' corners too...

Not many people will be able to stay with him over 40+ yards.

Paulbedy59
05-01-2005, 12:45 AM
ESPN did a piece a few months ago ranking the top 10 greatest rookie seasons by wide recievers.Moss 98 was ranked number 1.And Sammy White 76 was ranked number 6.We where the only team with 2 wide revievers in the top 10.I get this feeling we can be the only team with 3 in the top 10 after this year.I think Williamson is gonna do very well.

midgensa
05-01-2005, 12:57 AM
I dont know if it will be a top 10 rookie season of all time, but I do think Williamson will put up numbers with this kind of offense, dont get me wrong, I think Braylon or M-Will would have too, but Williamson is here now and the numbers will come off the arm of Daunte.

LunchBox
05-01-2005, 04:22 AM
I've said this before, but TW will be the #3 reciever this year. I'd expect about 650 yards and 3 TD's as absolutely best case scenario. He's raw, plus rookie receivers not named 'Moss' don't have big years. "Randy had 1313 yds and 17 TDs as a rookie, but Terrell Owens had 520 yds and 4 TDs, Chad Johnson had 329 yds and 3 TDs, Javon Walker had 319 yds and 1 TD, and all of these guys were first round picks and pro-bowlers last year. Even the great Jerry Rice only had 927 yds and 3 TDs." It usually takes recievers at least 3 years to contribute, and with a raw reciever from a running offense like Williamson is, I'd say we'd better expect at least that long.

cajunvike
05-01-2005, 04:41 AM
I think that it all depends on how quickly he gets the route running down....but if he is open, Daunte IS gonna throw him the ball...if he consistently makes tough catches and doesn't drop too many balls, Daunte will continue to throw it to him. Moss gained Cunningham's confidence, so he got the ball...if Williamson gets Daunte's confidence early, he will benefit in a similar fashion. Stay tuned, Vikes fans!!!

Canadian_Viking
05-01-2005, 04:41 AM
to all you "pessimistic" fans out there.
- first off...he will not replicate Randy's Numbers, no matter how "optimistic" you are.
- he can runs routes very well, contrary to "media" belief which is *garbage* (if u listened to Kiper on draft day, you'll know what I mean...he contradicted himself more than the "BUSH ADMISTRATION" during the 9/11 hearing ( sorry for the analogy...but look @ my flag...i'm CANADIAN!!!!)

- he will be our #2 receiver...no doubt in my mind...Robinson gets injured every year...and who do we have next..Campbell and Taylor....Taylor will have his career year since no one will cover him nor give him any credit but Williamson is the future.

- As quoted above....during mini/training camp....he will be covered by (smoot/winfield/williams/chavous/sharper).....if u can't get past these guys....retire!!!

*** SO UNTIL TRAINING CAMP IS OVER.....WE HAVE NO SURE OPINION OF OUR TEAM....BUT IT WILL BE GREAT!!!!***

SEE YOU AFTER CAMP!!!!

signed : Canadian_Viking

Canadian_Viking
05-01-2005, 04:51 AM
sorry mod's!!..but i'm sure you'll appreciate it.

looke at:

www.purplepride.org &
www.http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl;_ylc=X3oDMTBpbjllZDY5BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0bg--

*** FOR HIGHLIGHTS ON EVERY PLAYER ON THE 1ST ROUND***

Canadian_Viking
05-01-2005, 04:52 AM
SORRY, THE LINK ABOVE DID NOT WORK....

Just go to www.yahoo.com

click "NFL"..on the right....click the highlight video of each 1st rounder

V-Unit
01-14-2010, 01:03 PM
cajunvike wrote:

zeppelin...one question: Does Williamson have good hands???

Oh my lord. What an awesome post!

-V-

C Mac D
01-14-2010, 01:09 PM
This thread is hilarious.

Zeus
01-14-2010, 01:26 PM
midgensa wrote:

I dont know if it will be a top 10 rookie season of all time, but I do think Williamson will put up numbers with this kind of offense, dont get me wrong, I think Braylon or M-Will would have too, but Williamson is here now and the numbers will come off the arm of Daunte.

Doh!

http://www.psychologytoday.com/files/u295/doh.jpg

=Z=

oaklandzoo24
01-14-2010, 05:54 PM
zeppelin4534 wrote:

im telling you, watch footage of him. He runs routes great and has body control and will fight for the extra yard. He really looks like a Cris Carter in how he loves to play the game and is always finding a way to get open. Did i mention how tremendous his hands really are?

Don't mean to pick on zep here but looking back at this post now, fuckin hilarious. Comparisons to Cris Carter :woohoo: and tremendous hands :woohoo: I love looking back at these posts. Im sure I've said some outlandish shit too.

VikesFan787
01-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Troy Williamson is the Ryan Leaf of WR's

Prophet
01-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Zeus wrote:

midgensa wrote:

Doh!

=Z=

Daunte and Williamson. That deserves a Doh! Doh!

ThorSPL
01-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Just read through everything - SO glad I didn't post anything!!!

That whole draft was full of busts at WR!!

Midge Resurrected
01-15-2010, 01:52 AM
Prophet wrote:

Zeus wrote:

midgensa wrote:

Doh!

=Z=

Yeah ... that guy is an idiot.

Prophet
01-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Midge Resurrected wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Zeus wrote:

midgensa wrote:

Doh!

=Z=

Yeah ... that guy is an idiot.

lol

gamecock_fo_life
01-15-2010, 03:57 PM
as a representative of South Carolina on this board...i would just like to say i'm sry for Williamson. To make up for it, i give you Jasper Brinkley and Sidney Rice. truce?

Prophet
01-15-2010, 03:59 PM
gamecock_fo_life wrote:

as a representative of South Carolina on this board...i would just like to say i'm sry for Williamson. To make up for it, i give you Jasper Brinkley and Sidney Rice. truce?

I'm ok with that, as long as you toss in castrating Steve Spurrier as part of the deal.

Zeus
01-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Prophet wrote:

gamecock_fo_life wrote:

I'm ok with that, as long as you toss in castrating Steve Spurrier as part of the deal.

Hey - the 'ol ball coach needs his balls to keep the cocks happy!

=Z=

gamecock_fo_life
01-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Prophet wrote:

gamecock_fo_life wrote:

ehhh...if he doesnt get us to the SEC championship game this year, u got it!

Minniman
01-15-2010, 04:33 PM
I did not like the pick at the time, and I do not like it now.

That whole draft was full of poor picks when the players I wanted were often still on the board. I am no draft expert, but Williamson was not even on my list of first round players.

... and Studwell gets his number on the Ring of Honor before Matt Blair? :huh:

Formo
01-16-2010, 02:20 AM
This thread is full of win.

kevoncox
01-16-2010, 11:14 AM
You guys have just cursed us. Why bring p this thread the week of the big game. We R doooomed now

Prophet
05-18-2010, 04:19 PM
zeppelin4534 wrote:

I was watching some videos that a friend of mine has of some games of Troy Williamson and he is really a great pick. His hands could be the best in the draft and his leaping ability and agility along with speed are gonna dso wonders for our team. He got scouts to look at him when he played with a safety and a fullback at QB! He is a great player and has great work ethic. I see him coming out and exploding this year like Moss did. Maybe not 1,300 yards and 17 td's but more like 1,200 yards and 13 td's. You might not agree with me now but when he is dominating corners around the nfl and is clicking with burly and Pep i will be telling you i told you so. He doesnt need any time to develop, he is a great player and loves the fact he is on the Vikings. He fits our Offense better than Williams andEdwards. I cant wait to see him play, he is so dangerous after the catch, he has the ability to run after the catch like burly but with more speed and power. Gonna be a good season.

I wonder why this guy doesn't post anymore.

AngloVike
05-18-2010, 04:26 PM
zeppelin4534 wrote:
[quote]I was watching some videos that a friend of mine has of some games of Troy Williamson and he is really a great pick. His hands could be the best in the draft and his leaping ability and agility along with speed are gonna dso wonders for our team. He got scouts to look at him when he played with a safety and a fullback at QB! He is a great player and has great work ethic. I see him coming out and exploding this year like Moss did. Maybe not 1,300 yards and 17 td's but more like 1,200 yards and 13 td's. You might not agree with me now but when he is dominating corners around the nfl and is clicking with burly and Pep i will be telling you i told you so. He doesnt need any time to develop, he is a great player and loves the fact he is on the Vikings. He fits our Offense better than Williams andEdwards. I cant wait to see him play, he is so dangerous after the catch, he has the ability to run after the catch like burly but with more speed and power. Gonna be a good season.

just a bugger when said WR can't make the damn catch in the first case.. :laugh: best in the draft? damn was the talent pool that bad that year :woohoo:

jargomcfargo
05-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Prophet wrote:

zeppelin4534 wrote:

He was drafted by the Bush regime to predict global military trends with regard to weapons of mass production.

He also selected lottery numbers for Chaney and Rumsfeld.

He now has a cushy government job as the US ambassador to Siberia.

Prophet
05-18-2010, 04:48 PM
jargomcfargo wrote:

Prophet wrote:

zeppelin4534 wrote:

He was drafted by the Bush regime to predict global military trends with regard to weapons of mass production.

He also selected lottery numbers for Chaney and Rumsfeld.

He now has a cushy government job as the US ambassador to Siberia.

That makes perfect sense. He is probably working on a USAID project to get wireless internet to Bolshoe Goloustnoe so he can rejoin pp.o under a new identity and tout the wares of Joe Webb.

12purplepride28
05-18-2010, 08:36 PM
zeppelin4534 wrote:

Did i mention how tremendous his hands really are?

LMAO. What a joke.

whackthepack
05-19-2010, 08:24 AM
whackthepack wrote:

Once he is used to playing with C-Pep he will excell, we will have 3 star receivers in Minn not just 2!

This is 2 funny!

we will have 3 star receivers in Minn not just 2!

What kind of weed was I smoking that year!

Do remember that Daunte blew out his knee in the 7th game.

These are the 2005 stats for our "star" receivers that year.

Travis Taylor

Games 16 starts 13 recep 50 yards 604 td's 4

Troy stone hands Williamson

Games 14 starts 3 recep 24 yards 372 td's 2

Nate Burleson

Games 12 starts 9 recep 20 yards 328 td's 1

Koren Robinson

Games 14 starts 5 recep 22 yards 347 td's 1

Marrdro
05-19-2010, 08:36 AM
I love old thread weeks......Kindof fun to see what other people predict.

In the end, we are all just a bunch of fans with keyboards, an opinion, and access to a web site were we can discuss those whacky predictions....

Gives me an idea for a thread..... ;)