PDA

View Full Version : Packer Fans in Denial

JWalkRulz84
04-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Many Packer fans come here and become critical of moves the Vikes have mad thus far. I find that a little bit ridiculous simply because the Vikes were a very bad defensive team with little team chemistry last season. They have decided not to stand pat and make some aggressive moves not towards the future, but to win NOW. Something the Packers have been unable to do the last 2 offseasons.

First off, the trade for Moss. We won't find out who benefitted from this trade for probably 2 years. But overall, the Vikes got Napoleon Harris and Troy Williamson for Randy Moss. That right there takes the distraction away from this team and team chemistry is boosted. The Vikes then went on a rampage and picked up Fred Smoot, Darren Sharper, Pat Williams, Sam Cowart, Travis Taylor, and Brad Johnson to bolster positions in dier need of help. As opposed to the Packers who lost Rivera and Wahle, and picked up Matt O'Dwyer and Adrain Klemm to fill those holes. After losing Darren Sharper, the Pack went and got Earl Little and Arturo Freeman. In the draft, not only did the Vikes find 2 players that will be impact players immediately, but they found players for the future as well. The Packers picked only for the future. I dont believe any of our picks will make immediate impacts.

Im sick of reading about jealous Packer fans. We have been so spoiled for the last few years and I know eventhough we do not have the most talented team, that we will field a very competitive team this season. HOWEVER, the Vikes will not go in to their late season swoon here and we will probably go 9-7 and watch the Vikes go 12-4. Thats life. I commend the Vikes for doing something this offseason and look forward to the challenge of playing them twice this season. I also look forward to another season to talking about good football with good football fans such as Cajun and Caine whom I had heated debates with, but we respect each other and each others teams. This is not a crying board for Packer fans. Id like to see how many of you TROLLS are around here midseason...Represent, dont make excuses.

Webby
04-25-2005, 08:56 PM
**scrubbing eyes* Did I really read that?

Thanks for the props, and like the shot across the bow to your fellow fans. Nice to see you again!

BigEasyViking
04-25-2005, 09:13 PM
I can apploud that!!!

wolfpack
04-25-2005, 09:16 PM
I have to agree, just cam back over here since Xmas eve and wanted to congrat on a great looking draft.

Queens have a few NCState folks( fellow alum) on the roster with Berton, BWilliams and now Dovonte Edwards.

I thought the Moss trade was great for your team and ours!

see ya in a wild '05 season

- your back-to-back NFC North Champion neighbors

LuckyVike
04-25-2005, 09:47 PM
I must :salute: any packer that comes to a site named purplepride.org and give a speech like that. It's good to see that not all football fans are biased with every word they speak. I will admit I'm not 100% innocent of thise myself but I try not to be biased with my football opinion. Being biased with your football opinion completely discredits everything you say in my eyes. You're cool in my book jwalk!

Ltrey33
04-25-2005, 09:47 PM
"webmaster" wrote:

**scrubbing eyes* Did I really read that?

Thanks for the props, and like the shot across the bow to your fellow fans. Nice to see you again!

Wow...I agree Webby! Thanks to JWalk for being a level headed Packer fan and being respectful of the people on the board. Awesome.

LosAngelis
04-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Wow, JWalk...you gush much better than I could ever dream!!! :)

Just to spite you, though, I'm getting personalized plates with JWALK on them. He he he.

I said it before: the Vikes have finally exorcized the demon, spent the coffers in reserve, and drafted like they aren't mentally challenged.

With Moss, you had no chance to ever win a Super Bowl.

Without him, and a team approach, you have the talent to go. I wouldn't say this year, but if you play some cards right, within a couple of seasons.

But....Bill Belichek is no Mike Tice. You need the coaching to put it all together. That's my only hope in the Packers being able to top you guys again this season, cause not much else has given me such hope.

PurplePeopleEaters
04-25-2005, 10:20 PM
"wolfpack" wrote:

I have to agree, just cam back over here since Xmas eve and wanted to congrat on a great looking draft.

Queens have a few NCState folks( fellow alum) on the roster with Berton, BWilliams and now Dovonte Edwards.

I thought the Moss trade was great for your team and ours!

see ya in a wild '05 season

- your back-to-back NFC North Champion neighbors

Love the screen name . us people from cary need to represent the wolfpack! I actually didn't know that we had dovonte edwards. I loved how he played in college.

As for Jwalk i can't help but agree. You,Bono, and Los have given us credit on our offseason and the rest of the packers fans laugh and say that the packers are super bowl bound.

PurpleElf
04-26-2005, 04:07 AM
Did I see a Packer fan give the Vikings credit?

**putting hand to the ground, still warm eh, there is no snow in he!!**

Much props, intelligence does lie within the confines of Packer land.

vikinggreg
04-26-2005, 04:47 AM
Nice to see the cream rise to the top.

Los is right nobody can confused Tice with a brain surgeon, hope the rest of his staff can keep him medicated and we'll be fine.

If the Vikes need a break on Mike's meds I'm sure the fans here in Canada will see what we can round up for him.

Vikes
04-26-2005, 05:37 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Wow, JWalk...you gush much better than I could ever dream!!! :)

Just to spite you, though, I'm getting personalized plates with JWALK on them. He he he.

I said it before: the Vikes have finally exorcized the demon, spent the coffers in reserve, and drafted like they aren't mentally challenged.

With Moss, you had no chance to ever win a Super Bowl.

Without him, and a team approach, you have the talent to go. I wouldn't say this year, but if you play some cards right, within a couple of seasons.

But....Bill Belichek is no Mike Tice. You need the coaching to put it all together. That's my only hope in the Packers being able to top you guys again this season, cause not much else has given me such hope.

We got weapons but do we have the coaching staff.

fred3105
04-26-2005, 05:42 AM
Since this is GB talk I thought i would just mention that Javon Walker got rid of his agent and got Drew Rosenhaus.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=nfcnorth

DarrinNelsonguy
04-26-2005, 05:44 AM
Pack are only looking to the future and with Favre they need to win now, Rodgers was a good pick but they still need a lot of D help. Cap hell has caught up with them now as it did to us after 1998. It sucks when your favorite team is humstrung by the cap.

fourdoorchevelle
04-26-2005, 06:28 AM
it's about time . i was getting tired of reminding some of these idiots that we know the pack has super bowls, so stop crying and tring to instigate stupid aguements about franchize players that finished there carrier here. (that's for johnnybgoode).

treshenpesh
04-26-2005, 07:07 AM
Very nicely played JWalk. It's good to know we can "talk football" and not bash eachother's teams. Even though I am a staunch Viking fan, I respect no one more in this leage than Brett Favre. It kills me to say it, but it's true. I'm definitely going to miss seeing him in action.I look forward to many a rivalry game these coming seasons. Thanks for your post.

bono
04-26-2005, 07:08 AM
JWalk,
get your facts STRAIGHT, kiddo!!! I'm a sheer Packer Backer, however, I have yet to clown the Vikings. Have you once read my post slugged "Vikings picks...Bono has to admit it"? I gave the Vikings praise for their outstanding draft choices. They really did a superb job in my opinion. It was my boys (Packers)who didn't do too well. Sure, we got ourselves a deal in the first round w/ Rodgers (Favre's hopeful replacement...in about 10 years!!), however, those last -what was it, 7 picks? -picks should have been solely on defensive guys (what's with the WR?).

hawaiianvike21
04-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Wow, it seems like most of the packer fans on here are sucking up to us for a splendid offseason and draft.

Amazing, has that ever happened before. :shock:

shockzilla
04-26-2005, 01:57 PM
**slowly opening eyes and sitting up after fainting**

Thanks for the props, JWalk - nice to hear a Packer backer can be critical of his own team, too. You guys did get a nice future Favre replacement in Rodgers.

cajunvike
04-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Mark Maske of the Washington Post gave the Pack an "A"...in fact, it was the only "A" that he gave any team...this grade was based solely on the Rodgers pick...his rationale was "It is better to be lucky than good"...and he is already anointing Rodgers as the heir apparent to Favre! Has this fool ever heard of Ryan Leaf and Tim Couch? What a doofus!!!

Meanwhile, he gives the Vikes a C-! All based on the fact that we took Williamson over Williams and that James has an injury history. Again, doesn't he remember that we got Udeze under similar circumstances and that Udeze didn't disappoint us and will be better this year?

My question is how did Maske get his job and how many blowjobs did he have to give to get it?

WI-ULT-MOSS-FAN
04-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks to you guys again, the only pack fans I have heard speak the truth about this offseason. You deserve credit, a nice cold beer, and a salute!!

:occasion5: :salute:

MarqVikesfaninva
04-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Well I'd like to say that IMO we are going to win the division this year we have done too much not to, but I'd like to commend the Pack fans for giving us props because they are still the North champs until we take that from them, so on paper yeah we look like the champs but they are until we de-throne them, so kudos to them for having foresight and not talking trash when they know they could be about to relinquish the throne

VikingsChokeJobComingSoon
04-26-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm not denying it either. You guys owned in the offseason. Even though it sucks that we'll be swept by you this year, I'm happy to see that the NFC North is still going to have a team contending in the playoffs. It's like the official passing of the torch from Favre to Pepp.

VKG4LFE
04-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Jwalk, what a butt kisser! I'm not buying it! jk lol good post

happy camper
04-27-2005, 02:39 AM
i saw someone is packerchatters say that the packers have a top 10 defense next year.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

happy camper
04-27-2005, 02:41 AM
check this out:

http://www.packerchatters.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=893

PurpleElf
04-27-2005, 09:54 AM
haha, God I hope were not as blind as Packer fans are.

PurpleElf
04-27-2005, 09:56 AM
I love that guys post saying Erasmus is gonna be a bust. I bet a million dollars if he woulda fell to the Pack he would be touting him as the second coming of Reggie White.

cajunvike
04-27-2005, 04:39 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

check this out:

I figured that you would have a membership on this Packer board! :lol:

TheAnimal93
04-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Jwalk:shock: :grin:
Top five post there. Good work.
Sounds like you just graduated from the Los school for Packer Ambassadorship!

ultravikingfan
04-27-2005, 05:50 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

check this out:

Thanks a lot! I almost "ralphed" on my laptop!

happy camper
04-27-2005, 06:49 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

check this out:

its hard to get sarcasm over the internet and everything, i dont get what you're trying to get at.

i dont have a membership there.

SuperGonzo
04-28-2005, 08:28 AM
"happy camper" wrote:

i saw someone is packerchatters say that the packers have a top 10 defense next year.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Are they going to let Green Bay move to the Big 10?

Then again, I'm not sure if they'd have a Top 10 D there either.

RK.
04-28-2005, 09:54 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

At least Tice seems to have a plan this year. :smile:
What you are saying LOS is that Sherman is your hope for staying on top of the NFC North? :roll:
You better hope he has a better game plan than he did a draft/FA plan. :razz:

Ltrey33
04-28-2005, 10:08 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

check this out:

its hard to get sarcasm over the internet and everything, i dont get what you're trying to get at.

i dont have a membership there.

I think Cajunvike was just kidding. Ya know, a littel good natured shot in the ribs. It's hard to get humor over the internet and everything....