PDA

View Full Version : OUR DEFENSE VS. OUR OFFENSE

michaelmazid
04-25-2005, 01:03 AM
With all of our offseason aquisitions and so forth, I am starting to think that our defense is better than our offense especially since we picked up E.James. Does anyone else feel the same way?

DaunteHOF
04-25-2005, 01:05 AM
I was really excited about our CB tandem but after the draft I think our ace will be our D line...

LuckyVike
04-25-2005, 01:05 AM
I'd say it's really close but until proven otherwise, I gotta go with the offense. They're proven.

vikes09
04-25-2005, 01:09 AM
i think our defense slightly out does our offense, but not by much.

DarrinNelsonguy
04-25-2005, 01:11 AM
We will put some MAJOR heat on opposing QBs this year and the best part is that it will make our CBs look even better.

vikes09
04-25-2005, 01:13 AM
exactly. i think if that gaurd works out, that we will have one of the better lines in the nfl. we had to shove some guys in there this year when people got hurt, but they still played well and we had one of the top offenses.

what will our line look like? im just wondering if johnson will start or not.

PurpleRide
04-25-2005, 01:14 AM
I'd say our O is better for now, i'll wait and see on the D before I say anything. I'm not sold on sharper yet, and the guys have to play together first.

vikes09
04-25-2005, 01:15 AM
if worst comes to worst, fox is going to start.

woohoo, post 1100!

PurplePeopleEaters
04-25-2005, 01:16 AM
AAAAAAAAAAH! I AM SO EXCITED! with our defensive pressure up front and our CB's and Safeties we will be one of the most fearsome defenses in the league. Not to mention that we have upgraded our LB core.

ADubya26
04-25-2005, 01:16 AM
I would think offense because we are adding 6 new starters on D, so it is hard to measure how well they will play together. The only starter being added to our offense is Williamson, and he might not even start initially.

I think they will rank close to one another.

vikes09
04-25-2005, 01:18 AM
our defensive line will be DOMINANT! they cant have too much time knowing the "eraser", kdub, phat pat, and udeze are coming after them. send in a blitzing lb and you got a top 5 defense.

michaelmazid
04-25-2005, 01:20 AM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

I'd say our O is better for now, i'll wait and see on the D before I say anything. I'm not sold on sharper yet, and the guys have to play together first.

My thoughts exactly, I think sharper would have to be the weakest link of our starting defense.

vikes09
04-25-2005, 01:22 AM
isnt that a good thing? :lol: people cant target a safety as much, especially when they have hardly anytime to throw, and have 3 great corners gaurding them.

PurplePeopleEaters
04-25-2005, 01:32 AM
My new sig shows it all.

+
+
+
+
+
\/

michaelmazid
04-25-2005, 01:39 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

My new sig shows it all.

+
+
+
+
+
\/

Nice sig PPE, I still think mine has to be the best sig :lol:
Udeze better get his butt in shape and heal his injuries since he is the weakest link of our D line as of today.

magicci
04-25-2005, 01:41 AM
I bet Ted Cotrell gets a hard on everynight thinkin about this D

PurplePeopleEaters
04-25-2005, 01:43 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

My new sig shows it all.

+
+
+
+
+
\/

Nice sig PPE, I still think mine has to be the best sig :lol:
Udeze better get his butt in shape and heal his injuries since he is the weakest link of our D line as of today.

i think Udeze will be fine next year. In fact, I think he will step up next year.

NordicNed
04-25-2005, 01:49 AM
I like to play poker as much as I like football, and I'de have to say, it's like we have "Two Aces in the Hole" right now...

Thats a Winning hand in my book....

Both our O and D will be a force to recon with in 2005-2006.....

LuckyVike
04-25-2005, 01:51 AM
Yea, I too feel that our weakest link on D is Sharper. He's not as good as he used to be. If we have a weak position on D, that's the one I'd want it to be. We'll be able to disguise that position easier than any other.

michaelmazid
04-25-2005, 02:11 AM
"magicci" wrote:

LMOA :lol:

Give Ted C. a couple years and he'll be our head coach, especially if our defense is in the top 10 defenses in the league this year.

muchluv4smoot
04-25-2005, 02:19 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

With all of our offseason aquisitions and so forth, I am starting to think that our defense is better than our offense especially since we picked up E.James. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I don't think our D is close to our O yet. We will have a top 10 offense very easily and probably top 5, but I will just hope for a top 15 D.

Continuity is the a big factor too. We have 6 new starters no D, which is crazy. It is gonna take them time to gel. Our offense only has a couple new WR's, so they will play well from the start of the season to the end.

I say top 5 offense and around 15 or so D.

GQVikesfan
04-25-2005, 02:21 AM
Sign Shazor to back up Sharper.. I'm not sold on Fox.

muchluv4smoot
04-25-2005, 02:28 AM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

Sign Shazor to back up Sharper.. I'm not sold on Fox.

Shazor can't play safety, especially FS. He is way too slow to play saftey, and that is why he wasn't drafted. Teams didn't like him at all as an OLB, which is the only position he will be able to play. I'd sign him to try out at OLB, because he is a good football player and you can never have to many guys that are just plain good football players.

Fox seems like a faster brian russell that can tackle better. He should be a decent backup Fs and a really good special teammer. If he can;t make it at FS, we will move kenny irivn there.

PurpleElf
04-25-2005, 02:41 AM
I feel Chavous is the weak link not Sharper.

wv__viking__fan
04-25-2005, 03:05 AM
Until the Defense proves it on the field, I have to go with the Offense. I think our D will be much improved but I feel the Offense will be even better this year. I think we run the ball a little more this year and that will open up the down field throws for Pep.

Big Daddy
04-25-2005, 03:23 AM
"wv__viking__fan" wrote:

Until the Defense proves it on the field, I have to go with the Offense. I think our D will be much improved but I feel the Offense will be even better this year. I think we run the ball a little more this year and that will open up the down field throws for Pep.

Said perfectly. I can't wait til the season starts and we can watch as we DOMINATE! Hell ya now fired up!

magicci
04-25-2005, 03:56 AM
shazor ran a 4.44 how is he to slow

DarrinNelsonguy
04-25-2005, 04:00 AM
It will be great maybe now our D can get off of the field on 3rd down.

ultravikingfan
04-25-2005, 06:44 AM
"magicci" wrote:

Cotrell: http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/obscene/071.gif

michaelmazid
04-25-2005, 07:35 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

:lol: hey ultra, where do you get these smiley faces? They are awesome

LuckyVike
04-25-2005, 07:44 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

Is that a gopher under his covers???!!!

PBDragon
04-25-2005, 08:41 AM
I think alot of fans would like to see the defense gel together before making such a bold statement like the D is better then the O this year. It may be true, but our D the past few years has sucked. With so many new players, it may take a few games. Or the D could instantly gel during training camp and have 6 sacks, 5 INTs, 6 forced fumbles and 2 TDs in the first regular season game, who knows?!

collegeguyjeff
04-25-2005, 06:05 PM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

I'd say it's really close but until proven otherwise, I gotta go with the offense. They're proven.

i agree, it is very close. and imagine how good our offense is, our defense woudl be pretty darn good if they are close. they just have to get used to playing together, thats what training camp and preseason is for so the nay sayers who say there will be problems of gelling can kiss my butt.

and skip bayless from cold pizza can go to hell! that looser said that troy williamson did nothing in carolina that is such a stupid claim he was their offense when they used him.

Bubba Jed
04-25-2005, 06:55 PM
So from the sound of it, it seems everyone is saying that we now have a balanced team. Are my conceptions right?

MarqVikesfaninva
04-25-2005, 07:10 PM
i say they're going to be pretty close, Our D is gonna wreak some havoc

VikingMike
04-25-2005, 07:41 PM
I too am really excited for this upcoming season. The O will be as good as Daunte is. The D SHOULD be awesome. My one caveat is for them not to believe what the press and opponents are saying about them. None of that means nothin'...just go out on the field and stick 'em...and prove that we are the better team one week at a time.

V-Unit
04-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Offense: will rank 6-10 because of more emphasis on the running game. More TOP, less yards, less points. Ranking will go down but still improved in terms of effieceincy with the ball

Defense: wil rank 12-17, we acan't assume every player will pan out as we hope even though I'm usually an optimist. Every position has been improved or at least hasnt gotten worse. It will take us a year to gel I think.

So overall the offense will still be better, but the D still wont lose games like last year. If we had this years D last year we would have been at least 11-5

ultravikingfan
04-25-2005, 10:58 PM
"V-Unit" wrote:

Offense: will rank 6-10 because of more emphasis on the running game. More TOP, less yards, less points. Ranking will go down but still improved in terms of effieceincy with the ball

Defense: wil rank 12-17, we acan't assume every player will pan out as we hope even though I'm usually an optimist. Every position has been improved or at least hasnt gotten worse. It will take us a year to gel I think.

So overall the offense will still be better, but the D still wont lose games like last year. If we had this years D last year we would have been at least 11-5

Welcome to the site "V"!

Stop in for your Free Beer! Intro yourself!

briboy75
04-25-2005, 11:20 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

With all of our offseason aquisitions and so forth, I am starting to think that our defense is better than our offense especially since we picked up E.James. Does anyone else feel the same way? Every year fans overrate our defense. I'm not giving them anything until they prove me wrong.

ultravikingfan
04-25-2005, 11:28 PM
"briboy75" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

With all of our offseason aquisitions and so forth, I am starting to think that our defense is better than our offense especially since we picked up E.James. Does anyone else feel the same way? Every year fans overrate our defense. I'm not giving them anything until they prove me wrong.

True, I see your point.

But this year is a heckuva lot different than the previous years.

cajunvike
04-25-2005, 11:31 PM
#1 Offense...#1 Defense...looks like a TIE to me!

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

LOL

sitandbehitski
04-25-2005, 11:42 PM
How is Sharper the weak link on D? Last time I checked Dontarious Thomas was the frontrunner for our Will spot. I know last year was his rookie year, but the guy looked like he was lost, and way over his head. I know some of you think you saw him improving, but I never saw anything but mental mistakes out of the guy. I'll give him another year, but untill he proves something I think we're gonna have to rate a multi-pro-bowler FS ahead of a second-year LBer.

LuckyVike
04-25-2005, 11:46 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"briboy75" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

True, I see your point.

But this year is a heckuva lot different than the previous years.

Yes, exactly. We do have to give them that much. I remember last offseason when we picked up Winfield, drafted Udeze and DT. I was all pumped up thinking we would be a great defense but I was just thinking wishful. This year we have proven great players and a lot of em. This will be very different.

jellovike
04-26-2005, 03:39 AM
I'd say we'll have a top 10 offense and a top 15 defense. If the defense really gels together it can break the top 10 as well.

RandyMoss8404
04-26-2005, 03:47 AM
Our offense lost its motor...so uh...yeah D is better. IF they gel.

muchluv4smoot
04-26-2005, 03:54 AM
"magicci" wrote:

shazor ran a 4.44 how is he to slow

"junior safety ERNEST SHAZOR ran between 4.61 and 4.71 in the 40... his times varied among the watches... but he seemed to pull up on his second 40-time and opted not to continue with the rest of the drills... while he was obviously upset by his times... there were a number of scouts/teams more upset with his inability to put that behind him... a true medical examination and determination if he could have done the rest of his workout might be his only saving grace..."