PDA

View Full Version : nfc north



vikes09
04-24-2005, 11:23 PM
woah. im starting to get worried about our position in the north. not the packers (obviously) but the lions and the bears.
first off...

the bears- they got a good pounding rb and a good wr, and if whoever they have at qb plays decent, i think their offense will be mediocre. we know about thier defense, and it hasnt changed TOO much.

the lions- they now have one of the better offenses, and i think they with some of the pickups on defense might give us some challenge to win the north as easily as some predicted.

i think this is one of the stronger divisions in the nfc, but i still think we are the better team, and hope that we sweep this division!!!

silvermane
04-24-2005, 11:31 PM
i agree they were talking on ESPN about how the bears, lions and vikings have definately closed the gap with the packers who still have issues on defense. the division will be much more competitive and as a whole and i don't think anybody can guarantee who will win it this coming year.

still the packers had a pretty good draft, of course they got their future QB but also picked up a lot of secondary and some other players on defense. so i don't think we can say their reign is over just yet, they still are the team to beat although minnesota is the most improved so far.

you have to realize that randy moss leaving has affected the draft plans of green bay, detroit, and chicago. it's made a huge splash in the division. and when brett favre retires, it will make another huge splash that will really change the division for good. that's how much those two players affect things.

anyway congrats on your draft and good luck in the season ahead. maybe this year we can finally get one on you guys!

bigkevinwilliams
04-24-2005, 11:31 PM
"vikes09" wrote:

woah. im starting to get worried about our position in the north. not the packers (obviously) but the lions and the bears.
first off...

the bears- they got a good pounding rb and a good wr, and if whoever they have at qb plays decent, i think their offense will be mediocre. we know about thier defense, and it hasnt changed TOO much.

the lions- they now have one of the better offenses, and i think they with some of the pickups on defense might give us some challenge to win the north as easily as some predicted.

i think this is one of the stronger divisions in the nfc, but i still think we are the better team, and hope that we sweep this division!!!

bigkevinwilliams
04-24-2005, 11:32 PM
the bears have no offensive line

the lions have no quarterback

and the packers are just gonna suck

PurplePeopleEaters
04-24-2005, 11:37 PM
I think we are still the best and the lions will contend pretty close, but the packers and bears will suck.

vikes09
04-24-2005, 11:40 PM
i think silver understood my thoughts. i still think were going to win, but its not going to be just us and the pack and it doesnt really matter who else like it has been.

fred3105
04-24-2005, 11:42 PM
Detriot has no defense.

vikes09
04-24-2005, 11:45 PM
have they turned into the "vikings" type team?

Big C
04-25-2005, 01:51 AM
I totally agree. While the Vikes seem to be the most improved team the NFC North will still be tightly contested.

But I think that's good. The better the division is, the better we play against non-division opponents. Hopefully that will give the NFC North playoff team (whomever it may be) a better chance to go deep in the playoffs.

I'm looking forward to this season!

smashmouth34
04-25-2005, 01:56 AM
Those people who think detroit has no d is in for a rude awakening. Their d line is solid now and have decent corners and a ss who may just put scrawny williamson on ir.

DarrinNelsonguy
04-25-2005, 02:00 AM
Detroit will be mediocre until they get a decent QB in there, although with Garcia they may be pretty good.

smashmouth34
04-25-2005, 02:04 AM
Well Brees woke up his 4th year..........Will harrington?

DarrinNelsonguy
04-25-2005, 02:05 AM
He better or he won't be starting in Detroit much longer.

vikes09
04-25-2005, 02:07 AM
i think their defense isnt good, but not noticeably bad. they have a solid line and lbs.

smashmouth34
04-25-2005, 02:09 AM
The lions defense looked bad last year primarily because they were almost dead last in time of possession due to wr drops. How many d's would look good when they were on field whole game? With williams in red zone et al......they should improve time of possession.....not to mention kevin Jones is now established.

DarrinNelsonguy
04-25-2005, 02:11 AM
I would love to have Sean Rogers on our team he is a beast.

LuckyVike
04-25-2005, 02:13 AM
I've been looking at the division, without the fact of me being a Viking fan blur what I think will happen.

Vikings- Win the division with a much improved D and a consistent and strong offense. We'll be able to go 11-5...maybe 12-4 if things work out really good. Home field advantage hopefully.

Bears- 3rd in the division. A slightly above average offense and defense will get them 8-8.

Lions- Barely over the Bears just because of their offense. Their defense will hurt them, every Vikings fan should know you gotta have some defense. They'll go 9-7.

Packers- Their offense will still be fairly well but their defense is worse of than the Lions and they don't have the fire power the Lions do. They'll go 6-10... maybe a little better.

vikes09
04-25-2005, 02:14 AM
i like that.

Paulbedy59
04-25-2005, 04:54 AM
Harrington will never be what everyone in Mich wants him to be.And the Williams pick was bad.Other than round 1 they did pretty good.But like SD in the 70,s and us in the recent past and the colts and KC right now,know or will learn.Offense sells tickets defense wins games.

vikes09
04-25-2005, 11:23 PM
we will see if that philosiphy is true this year.

vegasvike
05-01-2005, 09:40 PM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

I've been looking at the division, without the fact of me being a Viking fan blur what I think will happen.

Vikings- Win the division with a much improved D and a consistent and strong offense. We'll be able to go 11-5...maybe 12-4 if things work out really good. Home field advantage hopefully.

Bears- 3rd in the division. A slightly above average offense and defense will get them 8-8.

Lions- Barely over the Bears just because of their offense. Their defense will hurt them, every Vikings fan should know you gotta have some defense. They'll go 9-7.

Packers- Their offense will still be fairly well but their defense is worse of than the Lions and they don't have the fire power the Lions do. They'll go 6-10... maybe a little better.

just curious who do you think the 4 or 5 teams are to beat us

vikes09
05-01-2005, 09:43 PM
i think that we will lose to one horrible team that we shouldnt lose too, i dont know who but any of them, but i hope to put wins on the steelers and ravens. i want the vikes should sweep the north!!!

TheFloridianVikingFan
05-01-2005, 10:47 PM
kevin jones is not established yet... he had a couple good games... and i agree about the time of possesion part though.. but who's gonna throw them the ball? harrington will be taken out of the starting line up after the 3rd game... (my perdiction) then once garcia gets in there ur whole offence will do good but the defence will still struggle.. I think the lions will be 9-7 next year and the vikings 11-5... anything can happen though.. this division is "wide-open"...

TheFloridianVikingFan
05-01-2005, 10:59 PM
and i think this is how the nfc north will look

Vikings 11-5: great offence and good defence.. well rounded team, pulls it off..

Lions 9-7: great offence and poor defence.. defence gets lucky and gets alot of turnovers so they manage to get a positave record...

Bears 8-8: good offence and poor defence.. With the addition of musin muhhamid and cedric benson this offence will be good, it can be great but i dont think musin will have a good year like the last... and the defence will be poor do to the lack of talent(with the exception of urlachor of course)

Packers 6-10: good offence and very bad defence.. the only reason they have 6 wins instead of 3 is because of Favre.. and if javon walker holds-out (witch he might) this offence will have no weapons.. and we all no how the defence is doing... This team is plumitting by the minute...

oldschoolmikey
05-03-2005, 11:43 PM
First of all it's spelled d-e-f-e-n-s-e. I know they always hold up those signs with the big "D" and picket fences, but that's not how it's spelled. Bottom line is, I know the Packers have taken some hits, but until Favre retires they will still always be a quality team. It will be a 2 team race for the title between the Vikes and the Pack.

cajunvike
05-04-2005, 02:04 AM
"oldschoolmikey" wrote:

First of all it's spelled d-e-f-e-n-s-e. I know they always hold up those signs with the big "D" and picket fences, but that's not how it's spelled. Bottom line is, I know the Packers have taken some hits, but until Favre retires they will still always be a quality team. It will be a 2 team race for the title between the Vikes and the Pack.

Keep believing that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr. Purple
05-04-2005, 02:11 AM
Those people who think detroit has no d is in for a rude awakening. Their d line is solid now and have decent corners and a ss who may just put scrawny williamson on ir-
smashmouth34




come on, u cant say becuz they drafted some good ROOKIE players thier defenese is top notch, i laugh at it, its their biggest weakness, and they went offense first round, where has offense gotten the chiefs, the colts, and up untill this past offseason, us?? exactly f**k the lions, thats one team i will never be scared of

audioghost
05-12-2005, 06:56 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

I think we are still the best and the lions will contend pretty close, but the packers and bears will suck.

Very true, the Bears and the Packers will have fun scratching their way outta the dungeon...However, the Lions are too young all around to make it too tuff for the Vikes...at least this year!