PDA

View Full Version : Vikings' picks...Bono has to admit it...

bono
04-24-2005, 04:04 AM
All I have to say is CONGRATS thusfar on your Viking picks in the draft. Wow! I'm at work right now (as usual)...one of my co-workers a while earlier was stating how -even though he's a Packer Backer -he feels like the Vikings are going to be very good this coming season. There were even sounds of a possible super bowl debut for the Vikings. Pretty scary for us Packer Backers, but, hey, all signs lead to the Lombardi Trophy. I have to admit it, the Vikings are looking PRETTY GOOD IN BONO'S EYES!! Hey, it's about, eh? Viking lovers deserve something to FINALY cheer about. It's about time the Vikings took home Lombardi, eh?!!!
Furthermore, one of my other co-workers predicted that the Packers would finish like fourth in the division...outlook not looking good for my boys. I can't believe that actually picked a WR in the second round. What was that? Sure, Ferguson can be a little iffy for this coming season, but we should be GREATLY focusing on our ever dissolving defense!!! Leave the offense alone (outside of maybe one good OL). No need to twurk with it. Favre'll take care of EVERYTHING!. I am glad, however, about the QB my boys got in the first round: Rodgers!!! I can't believe this guy wasn't picked higher? A loss for San Fran. and the other 22 teams who let him slip by. KUDOS for the Packers for getting their future QB for after Favre calls it quits!!!!

04-24-2005, 04:06 AM
Why is a packer fan on draft day hanging out on a Vikings forum :roll:

ultravikingfan
04-24-2005, 04:10 AM
"404" wrote:

Why is a packer fan on draft day hanging out on a Vikings forum :roll:

Because we welcome fans of every team.

Bono is not too bad. He had a good post too, gave us some props.

PurplePeopleEaters
04-24-2005, 04:11 AM
finally a packer fn that will admit to something. sometimes I think that Los, Jwalk are the only partly sane packer fans. You may be on the list soon.

fourdoorchevelle
04-24-2005, 04:12 AM
"bono" wrote:

All I have to say is CONGRATS thusfar on your Viking picks in the draft. Wow! I'm at work right now (as usual)...one of my co-workers a while earlier was stating how -even though he's a Packer Backer -he feels like the Vikings are going to be very good this coming season. There were even sounds of a possible super bowl debut for the Vikings. Pretty scary for us Packer Backers, but, hey, all signs lead to the Lombardi Trophy. I have to admit it, the Vikings are looking PRETTY GOOD IN BONO'S EYES!! Hey, it's about, eh? Viking lovers deserve something to FINALY cheer about. It's about time the Vikings took home Lombardi, eh?!!!
Furthermore, one of my other co-workers predicted that the Packers would finish like fourth in the division...outlook not looking good for my boys. I can't believe that actually picked a WR in the second round. What was that? Sure, Ferguson can be a little iffy for this coming season, but we should be GREATLY focusing on our ever dissolving defense!!! Leave the offense alone (outside of maybe one good OL). No need to twurk with it. Favre'll take care of EVERYTHING!. I am glad, however, about the QB my boys got in the first round: Rodgers!!! I can't believe this guy wasn't picked higher? A loss for San Fran. and the other 22 teams who let him slip by. KUDOS for the Packers for getting their future QB for after Favre calls it quits!!!!here ,here, thank you for your humbleness, and may the nfc north cellar be kind to you. tell the truth i think it all cap management . where the pack is now suffering cap problems from years past , the vikes are now enjoying the money red had been so frugal with .

Lotza
04-24-2005, 04:12 AM
"bono" wrote:

Furthermore, one of my other co-workers predicted that the Packers would finish like fourth in the division...outlook not looking good for my boys. I can't believe that actually picked a WR in the second round. What was that? Sure, Ferguson can be a little iffy for this coming season, but we should be GREATLY focusing on our ever dissolving defense!!! Leave the offense alone (outside of maybe one good OL). No need to twurk with it. Favre'll take care of EVERYTHING!. I am glad, however, about the QB my boys got in the first round: Rodgers!!! I can't believe this guy wasn't picked higher? A loss for San Fran. and the other 22 teams who let him slip by. KUDOS for the Packers for getting their future QB for after Favre calls it quits!!!!Good Post! :grin:

bono
04-24-2005, 04:13 AM
Obviously, you don't know me, kiddo!
Let me introduce myself: My name is BonoSugaRay, but folks around here know me as Bono.
Why am I (a packer backer) here during draft day? The same reason why I'm here during any other time: I WANT TO.
Besides, it's not like i'm clowing your beloved Vikings. I came to post props to your boys for the GREAT moves they've made thus far in the draft. Anything remotely wrong with that?

bono
04-24-2005, 04:18 AM
purplepeopleeater,
where have you been all this time? Do you not recognize me? I'm Bono. I always try to be fair when it comes to the Vikings. I don't hate. Ask some of the other Viking Lovers in here about some of my posts regarding the Vikings. I try to give them props whenever it's due. Remember this past playoffs betwix your boys and mine? Mine lost!!! Did I, or didn't I come in here and give props to the Vikings (while vomiting all over my Packers)for the terrific job they did? YES!

PurplePeopleEaters
04-24-2005, 04:23 AM
"bono" wrote:

purplepeopleeater,
where have you been all this time? Do you not recognize me? I'm Bono. I always try to be fair when it comes to the Vikings. I don't hate. Ask some of the other Viking Lovers in here about some of my posts regarding the Vikings. I try to give them props whenever it's due. Remember this past playoffs betwix your boys and mine? Mine lost!!! Did I, or didn't I come in here and give props to the Vikings (while vomiting all over my Packers)for the terrific job they did? YES!
I wasn't critisizing (sp) you but complimenting you. You don't come across a fair packer fan avery day. For that matter, you don't come across a fair viking fan every day either...

Webby
04-24-2005, 04:43 AM
Bono has his moments. I think he attended the LosAngelis school of visiting fans. High success rates for graduates from that program.

ultravikingfan
04-24-2005, 04:46 AM
Bono's last few posts have been civilized and intelligent. And, he was one of the first to eat his crow after we beat the Pack in the Playoffs.

Maybe we could change his title to: Classy, Cheapass, Hillbilly. :lol:

TheAnimal93
04-24-2005, 04:47 AM
Allright....:cheers:
Got a Viking Lover from bolono!!! yea!!!!!!!!
:cheers:

Bono,
Rodgers=Favre?

PurplePackerEater
04-24-2005, 04:48 AM
Since we're on the subject, in your opinion Bono, why do you come to other fan sites to chat/post? Not poking fun, just curious, because I wouldn't be remotely interested in posting somewhere else. I need to here the voice of reason.

bono
04-24-2005, 04:54 AM
purplepackereater,
I come here b/c Webby has a cool message board dedicated to football!!! Yeah, I know I could probably find some pro-packer message boards to post at, however, it's so much fun going up against those of you who don't like the packers. I couldn't find myself the least interested in posted on a regular basis with a bunch of Packer Backers about how we love our team. NO!! I want some controversity, kiddo!!! I want to post around ppl that I can expect to prove my points to/listen to their opposing views.
That's why I come here.
Furthermore, PURPLEPRIDE site is WAY COOL!!! How many other football message boards do you know of with as much color, excitement and enthusiasm as this one? I do remember this one I used to post on back in the day: PackersSuck.com (Austin, TheGame: how ya'll doin'?)

PurplePackerEater
04-24-2005, 05:03 AM
"bono" wrote:

purplepackereater,
I come here b/c Webby has a cool message board dedicated to football!!! Yeah, I know I could probably find some pro-packer message boards to post at, however, it's so much fun going up against those of you who don't like the packers. I couldn't find myself the least interested in posted on a regular basis with a bunch of Packer Backers about how we love our team. NO!! I want some controversity, kiddo!!! I want to post around ppl that I can expect to prove my points to/listen to their opposing views.
That's why I come here.
Furthermore, PURPLEPRIDE site is WAY COOL!!! How many other football message boards do you know of with as much color, excitement and enthusiasm as this one? I do remember this one I used to post on back in the day: PackersSuck.com (Austin, TheGame: how ya'll doin'?)

I'll see your point and raise you a !PACKERS SUCK! j/k - this time. But thanks for the response, makes sense.

fourdoorchevelle
04-24-2005, 05:36 AM
i think all of us have to admit that this has got to be the one of the best sites for stating opions , while keep the trolls to a min. but now and again it is fun to make some of those back woods packer fans look dumb .

Caine
04-24-2005, 05:37 AM
"bono" wrote:

purplepackereater,
That's why I come here.

Finally, a Bono thread I don't have to put on boots for.

I must admit that I am quite pleased thus far with our draft. Yours baffles me to a degree - while I could see the 1st round selection (Obvious future need potentially filled), the WR in the 2nd confused me a great deal. While you grabbed a CB as well, I would've thought that "D" was a higher priority with you having no 3rd rounders.

Ah, well, taht's why they play the seasons out.

Caine

LuckyVike
04-24-2005, 05:41 AM
"bono" wrote:

purplepackereater,
That's why I come here.

Hey, thanks for the props bono. Are you sure you're not a viking fan at heart?? Come on, admit itttt :grin:

DarrinNelsonguy
04-24-2005, 06:33 AM
Bono glad to have another intellegent football fan here to talk pigskin with, no matter who your favorite team is.

ultravikingfan
04-24-2005, 06:35 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

Bono glad to have another intellegent football fan here to talk pigskin with, no matter who your favorite team is.

Hey Bono, with all this praise don't ruin a good thing! :lol:

Paulbedy59
04-25-2005, 04:34 AM
Bono,your a smart and normal packer fan and I welcome conersation with you.Not like some(johnnybgoode) who come here and talk out of a different hole than the one they are suppose too.Also,I think your new QB will do very well.But it won,t be for a few years.

shockzilla
04-25-2005, 04:40 AM
Bono:

I think you guys got yourselves one HELL of a quarterback of the future there in Rodgers...

ultravikingfan
04-25-2005, 06:42 AM
Maybe Bono is going to be converted, just like "The Gap" was! :lol:

Webby
04-25-2005, 06:53 AM
Whatever did happen to the Gap...or who was that other abba dude? LOL

ultravikingfan
04-25-2005, 06:57 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

Whatever did happen to the Gap...or who was that other abba dude? LOL

worshipabba (or whatever) stopped in yesterday. Didn't post, probably intimidated by the party that was going on in here! :grin:

mnjamie
04-25-2005, 07:04 AM
In my book Bono, your welcome here anytime. I just like to discuss football w/ knowledgable fans such as yourself and to be honest, i like to hear other opinions that differ from my own. It fosters growth of intellect. (even though i cant spell most of the time, lmao)

michaelmazid
04-25-2005, 08:02 AM
"bono" wrote:

purplepackereater,
That's why I come here.

I am with you bono. This is a bad A** board and its ok to like the packers. Just be prepared to have a horrible year cause the pack will be getting scored on left and right.

snowinapril
04-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the props on the draft.

But, remember, we still have to play the games. On paper, we look pretty good, we have to come out and prove it on the field.

We always play better as the underDOGs, so don't give us too many props.

VKG4LFE
04-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Is there anybody else that is somewhat disappointed with our first round draft picks? I am. I would have much rather had Mike Williams at 7 and we could have had one of the two Cody boys at 18. Don't get me wrong, we're still going to be alright, but I think we could have had a better first round. There's got to be someone out there that agrees!