PDA

View Full Version : I told ya!

Burley81
04-20-2005, 03:41 AM
Look at this.

http://purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6395

That was 1-04-05.I had a feeling that something would happen. All of yall thought I was crazy.

TheFloridianVikingFan
04-20-2005, 03:44 AM
wow, good for you, what do u want me to say?

dopenose420
04-20-2005, 03:45 AM
it took you this long to come back and rub it in peoples faces?

but since your pretty damn smart it seems what are tomorrows powerball numbers?

PurplePeopleEaters
04-20-2005, 03:49 AM
We wont have a good D. Red McCombs wont spend any money on defense this offseason. All we do is draft defensive players, we dont sign anyone. Were gonna go through the same thing next year and have a crappy D again.

ya.... you sure got that one right.... nice job man...

vikes09
04-20-2005, 03:50 AM
i thought you were crazy also. now its all said and done i really dont want to keep looking back.

cajunvike
04-20-2005, 03:52 AM
He's that kid stuck in Gitmo Bay, Cuba...I guess that we gotta cut him some slack...he might have just found out about the trade today...LOL!!!

Burley81
04-20-2005, 03:53 AM
You all are taking it the wrong way. I wasn't rubbing it in people's faces, and yeah, I was wrong about some things but the point about it was the Moss trade, the big thing I was right on. Besides, who did predict Red was going to go out on a defensive shopping spree? I thought it was going to be the same deal.

LuckyVike
04-20-2005, 03:58 AM
Dude, that's pretty funny. I was cracking up reading what some of those people said about how there was no chance Moss would be traded. Don't get cocky though, you weren't the only Viking fan that thought it would be helpful to trade Moss.

Burley81
04-20-2005, 04:00 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

He's that kid stuck in Gitmo Bay, Cuba...I guess that we gotta cut him some slack...he might have just found out about the trade today...LOL!!!

Yeah, our slogan is "You can check out, but you can never leave." Anyways I just didnt think of posting this after the Moss trade, I don't know why you guys just flip out on me. Heck, a packer fans on this board get harassed all the time, so I should be happy.

DarrinNelsonguy
04-20-2005, 04:20 AM
That is old news lets move on. Moss is a Raider now and he does not concern me until we have to play against him.

vikesboy2003
04-20-2005, 04:28 AM
it may sound crazy. I remember being at the redskins game when moss walked off the feild. The game had a feeling to me and my dad that this might be one of Randy's last as a viking. i remember driving up route 15 on the way back to my house in CT saying to me dad that Randy will not be on the Vikings next year. If you went to the game. Randy was playing catch with fans in the crowd in warm ups. I have seen Randy warm up a lot of times and NEVER have i seen him do that at home or on the road.

LuckyVike
04-20-2005, 04:33 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

That is old news lets move on. Moss is a Raider now and he does not concern me until we have to play against him.

Ah, Winfield will shut him down!

Paulbedy59
04-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Pretty good mark on moss,but way off on Cambell,So your batting 500.Still,in baseball that gets you to the hall LOL.

Del Rio
04-20-2005, 07:46 PM
You also suggested we try and mold Kelly Cambell to take his place :shock:

You should get the news in about 2-3 months that he is a trouble maker and shouldn't be on the team :grin:

I found it very funny at the time that no one thought Moss would be traded. I wanted him gone, I have for a while. But you should know that whne you proove people wrong it gets quite. Ask Tarkenton about that :grin:

Burley81
04-20-2005, 09:00 PM
You also suggested we try and mold Kelly Cambell to take his place :shock:

Yea, I know. Now I would be happy to see Kelly go! :lol:

No sh*t it's old news, Like I said in the last reply, I didn't think about posting this untill just last night. I just wanted to see what people would say, and look what happened, people just started wining because a twelve year old was right and they were wrong. That's why respected posters here like Del Rio and Cajun just reply with a laugh, a very well response. It's ok to point out what I was wrong about, like the D shopping spree and trying to get K-camp to take his place, but please, dont be a smarta** about it.

BTW flordian viking fan, if you have nothing to say, just dont reply.

Burley81
04-21-2005, 03:44 AM
:scratch:

treshenpesh
04-21-2005, 03:55 AM
So what did Uncle Tony do with his new jersey? :lol:

purplehorn
04-22-2005, 09:24 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

We wont have a good D. Red McCombs wont spend any money on defense this offseason. All we do is draft defensive players, we dont sign anyone. Were gonna go through the same thing next year and have a crappy D again.

Pat Williams
Fred Smoot
Sharper
Napolean

Ain't exactly chopped liver pal.

DarrinNelsonguy
04-22-2005, 09:28 PM
This is a very old thread why are we bringing up this thread again.

ultravikingfan
04-22-2005, 10:32 PM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

This is a very old thread why are we bringing up this thread again.

It happens from time to time. Its all good. :grin:

midgensa
04-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Yay for you!!! Except that you had the nerve to compare Campbell, lost all creditbility right there, and besides, trading Moss was still stupid ... doesn't mean we are not better right now, but could have been this good with Randy Moss ...

PurplePackerEater
04-22-2005, 11:12 PM
"purplehorn" wrote:

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

Pat Williams
Fred Smoot
Sharper
Napolean

Ain't exactly chopped liver pal.

Ain't exactly Red's money pal. :roll:

PurplePackerEater
04-22-2005, 11:25 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

Yay for you!!! Except that you had the nerve to compare Campbell, lost all creditbility right there, and besides, trading Moss was still stupid ... doesn't mean we are not better right now, but could have been this good with Randy Moss ...

I agree. :sign6: Way to speak the truth - like everyone used to, before he was traded. Hypocrites!

Burley81
04-23-2005, 04:03 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

Good way to fire back at my opinion, thank you for not being a a**hole. But, trading Moss freed us up at cap space around 7 mill. So, look at all the contracts we our new D signed. BTW, does anyone know the cap space right now? Midgensa, whatever the cap space is right now, subtract that by 7 mill. Now what happens?

Del Rio
04-23-2005, 04:39 AM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

I agree. :sign6: Way to speak the truth - like everyone used to, before he was traded. Hypocrites!

Way to generalize.

I love the trade. Truth is yeah about 90% of the people were nay saying the Moss trade making fun of the people who said it would/should go down. It did people got quite. Screw Moss hated him while he was here glad he is gone. All you people with chapped hides over Moss should go dawn some silver and Black.

duffVIkEs
04-24-2005, 01:16 AM
Do you want an e-cookie?

Caine
04-24-2005, 06:10 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

Way to generalize.

I love the trade. Truth is yeah about 90% of the people were nay saying the Moss trade making fun of the people who said it would/should go down. It did people got quite. Screw Moss hated him while he was here glad he is gone. All you people with chapped hides over Moss should go dawn some silver and Black.

**cyber-kicks Del Rio in the a$$**

:razz:

Caine

Burley81
04-24-2005, 06:10 AM
"duffVIkEs" wrote:

Do you want an e-cookie?I see you didn't bother to read what I said about being a smart@$$.What do you know. You can take that e-cookie and shove it up your.... you finish the sentence :D .