PDA

View Full Version : New keeper league interested?

PBDragon
04-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Hey gang,

I'd like to run a new keeper league this year using yahoo. I was commissioner of a league last year with owners who were not that committed, and it sucked. I would like to get together a league of 10-12 teams. I'll set up all the rules for a league vote before a live draft.

Newbies to fantasy football are welcome, as I'd help them out for their first season. Suckering a new FF player just ain't that fun in my book.

You MUST be committed as this is a keeper league!

Anybody interested?

midgensa
04-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Im in

muchluv4smoot
04-19-2005, 01:26 AM
"PBDragon" wrote:

Hey gang,

I'd like to run a new keeper league this year using yahoo. I was commissioner of a league last year with owners who were not that committed, and it sucked. I would like to get together a league of 10-12 teams. I'll set up all the rules for a league vote before a live draft.

Newbies to fantasy football are welcome, as I'd help them out for their first season. Suckering a new FF player just ain't that fun in my book.

You MUST be committed as this is a keeper league!

Anybody interested?

I'd do it, if we can actually get 10 committed guys/gals to do it. Nothing sucks more than a fantasy league where everyone misses the live draft and 2 or 3 guys participate during the year.

Please don't join if your not gonna keep up with the team every week.

LuckyVike
04-19-2005, 01:31 AM
Get some dedicated players and I'm definately in. I've played fantasy football for 2 years and participated in 6 leagues, I've won 4 of them. I always get mad when someone stops playing just because their team sucks. If my team ended up in bad shape, I'd try everything to make it better, Trades, FA, Etc. Of course, I never have to worry bout those things :wink: lol... j/k about that.

Eyedea
04-19-2005, 01:40 AM
i'm in

last year i was in one, and I was in first, but then the people in last started to trade their best players to their fiends and created a 'super' team...

alwaysamossfan
04-19-2005, 01:47 AM
Count me in. I was in a regular league last year. I took first for the reg. season, but ended up getting beat in the playoffs.

PurplePeopleEaters
04-19-2005, 02:00 AM
i'm in. last year was my 2nd year doing FF... should be fun!

PBDragon
04-19-2005, 02:00 AM
Great!

So we've got my wife and I, that's 2...then...

midgensa from Virginia,
muchluv4smoot from ND,
Vikes2611 from Kentucky,
Eyedea
and, alwaysamossfan from Virginia

Guess we'll need to do a live draft on-line huh? lol

OK, so we'll need at least 3 more teams, preferable 5

We'll need to bounce around ideas for team size (I was thinking a 18 player roster), scoring rules ect.

We used Yahoo last year, is that ok with everyone?

I would also like it to be a keeper league, with the ability to keep 3 or up to five players into next year and use your draft picks to keep them.

I also figure this will be a no fee league. Bragging rights only, unless there's a group consensus therwise.

E-amil me and we can get a list started with each of the owners and get stuff hammered out.

It's gonna be fun! I can't wait!

PB

VIKE$4LIFE
04-19-2005, 02:17 AM
Im in but I know with school and everything I won't have a whole lot of time to focus on my team 24/7 but I will pay attention to weekly maches and take part in the draft unless its during the school week and I have soemthing due or whatever. But if thats ok with you guys Id be happy to join.

shockzilla
04-19-2005, 02:23 AM
Yeah I might be interested, depending on how many other leagues I get into...

mark
04-19-2005, 02:33 AM
Id love to get in a league with some guys from here.

wisc vike
04-19-2005, 02:47 AM
Count me in. I've never done a keeper league before...should be fun.

Kleinsasser40
04-19-2005, 03:12 AM
I'm in also.

I dont want to sound stupid. But waht is "Keeper" league. Don't get me wrong, i have been doing FF the past 6 seasons, just never heard that term.

Articnv
04-19-2005, 03:13 AM
never did FF before but sosund sliek fun count me in

Pbvikingsfan
04-19-2005, 03:24 AM
Im down.

midgensa
04-19-2005, 04:00 AM
Try to keep the league around 12 people and I think it will be a lot of people, I was the first to say I was in though ... lol ... I would love doing a keeper league with a good crew of guys ... I think it would be easiest to do the draft online, but either way ...

PBDragon
04-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Ok I've PMed those that are interested. The first ones to respond are in! I'm going to limit the number of teams to 12.

Oh and btw, a keeper league is just one that at the start of next year, you'll be able to "keep" anywhere from 1-all of your players (depending on league rules, usually 3-5) and in exchange for being allowed to keep your studs, you will lose the first X rounds of the draft.

Once I get back twelve responses, we'll start hammering out the little details via e-mail.

PBDragon
04-20-2005, 02:52 AM
Alright, we have 7 teams so far, still have a few outstanding PMs, but anyone else interested?

PB

muchluv4smoot
04-20-2005, 05:21 AM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

I'm in also.

I dont want to sound stupid. But waht is "Keeper" league. Don't get me wrong, i have been doing FF the past 6 seasons, just never heard that term.

Keeper leagues are leagues where you get to keep so many players from your team, for the next year.

An example would be, everyone would get to keep 3 players that they drafted after round 4. All the rest of the players go back into the draft, for the next year of fantasy.

NordicNed
04-21-2005, 08:51 PM
PB Dragon,

Please add me to the list of league players...

I'll be more than glad to do my part every week......

I'll probably only join this one and the one with the PPO Site......

This will be a first for me, so I don't want to over extend myself....sounds like a great way to get started...

Thanks, Ned

mark
04-21-2005, 10:19 PM
"PBDragon" wrote:

Alright, we have 7 teams so far, still have a few outstanding PMs, but anyone else interested?

PB

you got my pm right?

DarrinNelsonguy
04-21-2005, 10:22 PM
If you have not filled the 12 teams I would join the league just pm me the league name, password, etc. Thanks and it should be great fun.

alwaysamossfan
04-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Hey i sent a pm (i think), so would you mind posting who exactly is in, as of now?

Kleinsasser40
04-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Hey,
I just went to Yahoo and checked out the Fantasy Football section in their games. It says taht registration is now over for leagues? Does anyone know if that is just from last season? Obviously it would be very early to close registration seeing how far away the NFL season is from starting. Anyone know anything about that?

PBDragon
04-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Just an update for everyone so far, we have 10 confirmed teams in the league. I've recieved your PM and am saving the slot for you!

PBDragon (me)
SJDragon (my wife)
WiscVike
Midgensa
Eyedea
MuchLuv4Smoot
Mark
Vikes2611
Shockzilla
and...last but not least...
Kleinsasser40

We do still have a max of 2 slots left.

VikingNed and DarrinNelsonGuy, if you'd like to join just shot me a PM with your first name, email address, and if you've played FF before.

I'll be sending out an email to all of you once we get the last two teams settled. I will be sharing your email addresses with other members of this league, for personal contact about trades ect.

I can't wait for Saturdays draft, I'm putting KFAN on the radio at work so I don't miss anything! LOL

Go Vikes!!!!

PBDragon
04-21-2005, 11:36 PM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Hey,
I just went to Yahoo and checked out the Fantasy Football section in their games. It says taht registration is now over for leagues? Does anyone know if that is just from last season? Obviously it would be very early to close registration seeing how far away the NFL season is from starting. Anyone know anything about that?

Yeah, they don't open it up until July I believe for the 2005 season.

mark
04-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Its on now.

PBDragon
04-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Hmmm...pretty sure that's for fantasy baseball, still says registration is closed for me.

mark
04-22-2005, 12:00 AM
It probably open up until mid to late may and leagues can start drafting around mid june.Thats just a guess and thats basicly what espn does

PurplePeopleEaters
04-22-2005, 12:12 AM
hey.... i didnt see my name on the list.. am i in?

XxS2TheEvoxX
04-22-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm definitely interested...if there's still a spot open, I'm very committed to leagues.

PBDragon
04-22-2005, 01:06 AM
THIS LEAGUE IS NOW FULL.

Thanks everyone for your interest! I will keep your names on a list and PM those who are interested, and not on the following list, to be considered as an alternate if someone can't play this year.

Here's the league...

PBDragon (me)
SJDragon (my wife)
WiscVike
Midgensa
Eyedea
MuchLuv4Smoot
Mark
Vikes2611
Shockzilla
DarrinNelsonGuy
PurplePeopleEaters
and...last but not least...
Kleinsasser40

Oh, and PurplePeopleEaters, could you please PM me your email addy. Thanks.

I can't tell you guys how excited I am to have a group of owners that are excited about FF and want to get involved!

I'll be sending you an email in the next day or two!

PBDragon

NordicNed
04-23-2005, 11:13 PM
PBDragon,

No problem, thanks for the chance anyway....It's my own fault for not reading your sign-up post more closely....

But if there is a alternate list, please put me on it.....Would love to still get involved if the chance arises....

Skol,
Viking Ned

PBDragon
08-14-2005, 01:46 AM
UPDATE

We have a few folks, I guess weren't interested. We have 8 teams signed up so far, want 4 more. Remember this is a keeper league.

akvikefan89
08-14-2005, 01:47 AM
I'll sign up. When is the draft though...

PBDragon
08-14-2005, 01:52 AM
I hope to do a live online draft on a Sunday night starting around 7 pm central time, after the last preseason game.

akvikefan89
08-14-2005, 01:53 AM
"PBDragon" wrote:

I hope to do a live online draft on a Sunday night starting around 7 pm central time, after the last preseason game.
Aright. Sign me up.

Keeper league means that you use it the next year right???

DoraTheExplorer
08-14-2005, 01:59 AM
Very good ak.

DoraTheExplorer
08-14-2005, 02:00 AM
is it free?

akvikefan89
08-14-2005, 02:01 AM
"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

is it free?
very good Dora

DoraTheExplorer
08-14-2005, 02:02 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

is it free?
very good Dora

Um, that really doesn't answer my question.

akvikefan89
08-14-2005, 02:02 AM
"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

is it free?
very good Dora

Um, that really doesn't answer my question.
Yes. It's free unless noted otherwise.

DoraTheExplorer
08-14-2005, 02:04 AM
Well thank you very much.

DoraTheExplorer
08-14-2005, 02:09 AM
then I'm interested.